[OP-F? The Speakeasy] Not In The Usual Mood (Limit of ten people)

Atma walked past a player who looked like he had a severe case of shellshock, and realized that something interesting had happened nearby. He continued on until he found a pretty little shop with a sign that said something about a party. Interested, Atma pushed the door open and made his way inside. He looked around the shop and saw people in little groups here and there, and a girl with bright red hair standing next to a player with blue hair. He liked the feel of the party, and so he made his way to a familiar face, Arekkusu.

Atma just stood there, waiting for Arekkusu to notice him, and grinned as he waited.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith nodded, rubbing his neck and whispering back to Kiru. "Well, I think this is really just a social party. Everyone seems to be pretty happy just talking and socializing. It's not like the parties I did in the outside world, but then again, this isn't really the outside world, is it?" Keith said, crossing his arms and smiling a little. "Everyone doesn't really have to get involved in everything, it seems like we're just enjoying each other's company. So, I guess what everyone is really up to is talking. Might I add, not a bad concept. What a lot of people need in times like this is friends." Keith said, looking back to Kiru. "Yep, no harm in it. So technically, we're partying right now. Speaking of, how about opening up that present I got for you?" Keith asked with a smile, petting Ruby slowly and scratching him behind the ears.

London watched Arekkusu approach the man who was clearly crumbling....at a Christmas party, I suppose location doesn't matter after you first learn that you're trapped here but that's besides the point. He sighed as he watched the player leave the store. He looked down at his water, it was empty. He placed the empty cup on the bar table, he would come back for it later. London was about to move to go and try and talk to the player but he hesitated. I could stay and actually make some friends...Wait...what am I saying. That man needs even a bit of comfort, no one was talking to me anyways so I'll deal with it. With that he got up, not attempting disrupt anyone, no one seemed to notice him. He walked over to Arekkusu and whispered as to not disrupt anyone "I'll try and deal with him, you enjoy the party. Thanks for trying though." He nodded to Arekkusu and made his way to the door, slipping out and closing the door gently behind him so that it wouldn't make noise and looked up to the streets, he could see the player beginning to make his way away from the shop and he called out to him "Hey! Wait up!" London jogged a bit to close the distance some. He didn't want to get too close, situations like this can be like diffusing a bomb. He needed to be able to get close enough so that he would talk to him and far away enough so that the man felt comfortable. "Come back."

The compliment caught Lessa off guard, and the young woman felt a blush creep across her cheeks. She thanked the woman, smiling despite the crimson on her cheeks. Then, "I'm very glad that you were able to take something positive from the exchange." She paused to emit a small sigh, the air slipping through her parted lips in a huff. "I've been trying to do the same lately." With a small smile, she told Kiru, "I admire that in a person."

After her exchange with the redhead, Lessa turned her attention to Clarence. Truthfully, she found the man's sharp sarcasm and overall pessimism a bit off-putting. Of course, the blonde knew better than to act on snap judgements. Though first impressions were important, she recognized that there was often more to a person that what she first witnessed. People often wore masks, especially in a world as cruel as SAO.

"I like Christmas," she answered plainly, choosing not to play to his negativity. "And I wanted to surround myself with new people." Reaching up to scratch the back of her head, she admitted, "I could use a change of scenery."

Suddenly a message screen popped up in front of my eyes. I swiped through my HUD and clicked the 'open' button in my messages tab. It was from a player I didn't know but I could guess who it was just by the first sentence. It was the player that had caused Keith to become slightly distressed by him and by me too. He was annoying with questions but he was the only one I could talk to about hair I guess. I sighed and decided to reply to him seeing as though he just left. <Akane, you didn't disrupt the party nor bother me, you just tested how many questions I could answer before blowing up. Apparently we both "exploded" in a way. Anyways, be an idiot- be stupid. I believe the shop is on floor one or four, I forget but I hope you find it. Love, The one that will kill you if you touch me again~> I cleared my throat and pressed send, looking back at Lessa. Our talk was fine while it lasted but I'll leave you and Clarence to speak with one another. I smiled at Clarence and stood on the other side of Keith so it didn't look like I was still talking to Lessa. I kept my voice low enough to keep out any eavesdroppers but loud enough to where I wasn't constantly whispering to Keith. I guess so, the people here are content with being in separate groups so...just leave them until something starts to happen. And, I'll open it right now...I forgot that I had been holding onto the package since he gave it to me, even as I told the tale of Keith and I. I laughed at myself for how clueless I could be at times. I undid the ribbon in one movement and stuffed it in my pocket. Next I carefully ripped the corner of the red wrapping paper off the box. The bow was also red. I crumpled the paper, threw it over my shoulder and took the top off the box to reveal the gift. Keith had gotten me a blue scarf. I laughed, pulling it out of the box and tying it in my hair like it was a bow. It clashes my hair, how inconsiderate of you! Keith, thank you. It's going to look awesome when my hair is back to normal! I laughed, placing the box on a nearby table. I straighten the blue scarf on my head so it looked perfect, even though it was most likely going to bring attention to my head. I pulled out the green ribbon from my pocket and handed it to Keith. You turn! Keith gets to wear a bow since he's a host also! Once again I found myself enjoying my time with someone, this had only happened around people I could stand. 

London tried to find the player but he seemed to have slipped off before he could say another word, ignoring his previous statements. He sighed, If he finds that player again he'll have a word with him. London turned back and headed back into the pub, discretely, and headed back to his seat near the wall. He sat there pondering for a moment, facing towards the cabinets full of liquor and other drinks instead of the party. He was relatively silent as usual. He drummed at the table a bit before he exhaled and stopped. I should probably start talking to some people...I'll give them a couple of more moments of actual conversation before I pester any of them. I'm already seeming to be quite the downer even if no one notices, aren't I. This is all rather annoying, why can't you just go and act social for once? London seemed to be scolding himself, however he knew why. It was simple; he simply didn't want to be. He was content with his own company and he knew that, he liked being alone, but detested being lonely. I suppose if someone comes over I'll start a conversation with them, it wouldn't hurt. He drifted off to deep thought as he rested his head on his folded arms, laying on the table, or in more clear terms; putting his head down.

"I'm sorry if I'm a little off putting, haven't really had a Jolly Christmas. Anyways, yeah something different from just monsters and boring towns and really pick a person up. That wasn't suppose to sound sarcastic if it did." Clarence blushed lightly, slightly embarrassed. God dang-it Clarence, I thought I was going to work on blushing so much! Clarence quickly strayed away from his thoughts and went back to talk to Lessa, who seemed very nice. " Christmas always puts me in a off mood for reason, but hopefully this year that can change. I've already met actually good people this year so Christmas does look a-lot better. I'm sorry I'm rambling." Clarence's face turns a deeper flush of red. I feel like I am bothering the girl. I trust that if I am, she'll tell me that I am Clarence reasured himself and he tried to get in the festive mood, his mood was already cheering up as the day progressed. Christmas might actually become a good thing for Clarence afer all.

Atma had gotten tired of waiting for Arekkusu, and had turned to look at the red haired girl. He stared at her (like, tried to look into her soul) for several moments before saying aloud (to her), "Hey! You! With the strange hair and an even stranger blue thing! Who do you think you are?" He walked up closer and looked her up and down several times, his expression becoming more and more like a pained grimace each time. Eventually, he spoke again, this time at normal volume, and said, "Are you trying to have better style than me? Because I am the only good-looking player here!" He pouted then and turned around, crossing his arms. He kept whispering to himself loudly, "Her hair is worse than mine, her hair is worse than mine, her hair is worse than mine..."

Keith blinked as he was handed the bow. "What? A bow? This is gonna totally cramp my style!" Keith protested, but complied anyway. Keith had fairly shaggy hair, but it wasn't long enough to tie a bow in. So Keith just tied the bow around his upper arm, making a small green bow-tie sticking out. "Oh! This also reminds me..." Keith said with a snicker, opening his inventory and producing two Yule hats, the kind Santa Claus would wear. Red color, and white ball and all. He put one on Kiru's head and then but the other on his own. "...Hosts have to wear the Christmas hats! Get festive!" Keith said as he sat back down at the bar, getting a glass of eggnog. "Anyway, wanna sit down and have a drink, Kiru? Eggnog is nice in SAO, especially during the cold weather." Keith said, stirring a small candy-cane that was in his glass before taking another drink. He wasn't going to binge on boos like most people do, since Keith refused to touch alcoholic drinks. Plus, it was the season to get festive. So, he got eggnog, from the two choices of that and hot choco. Besides, there was already plenty of holly strung about, and a wreath was on the door. Keith just hoped there wasn't some mistletoe hiding somewhere.

London snapped out of his trance and looked over at Atma. sighing and shaking his head, somewhat disgusted by the man's actions. Are you bloody serious? The man acts like a spoiled brat who didn't get his way....not only that, he has the nerve to pout like a child and be rude during a festive celebration to the bloody hostess!...revolting. London got up from his seat and leaned against the wall. I really should start talking to someone, I mean, hey, if it didn't work out I would just go back to my seat and if someone wanted to talk to me they would. London however still kept his distance, however he gradually started to drift closer. As Keith was addressing everyone one more, London was now standing generally towards more of the center of his area, rather than towards a wall. He was closer to the couch up against the wall but he was standing, hands in his pockets, but none the less looking more approachable, even if it was by only a smudge. I wonder if people even remember that I'm here... He decided not to harp on it, he didn't need to drag himself down farther than he already presumably was. It was the holidays after all.

I was a little startled when someone had called to me. I wasn't really used to having red hair so I didn't respond right away to his calls. Strangely enough it was the guy from before that I had gotten into a slight disagreement a few days before. This guy probably didn't recognize me because of my red hair, smile, and bow. Usually I had black and white hair, no bow, and glare upon my face. So basically to anyone who didn't know my face I was a completely different person. No, I'm the most attractive person in the room. And yes, It was the idea for me to be more stylish than anyone here. I said in a super serious tone. Oh and by the way, we've met before. I stated blankly and turned my attention back at Keith.

I laughed when Keith tied that ribbon as a bow tie on his arm rather than putting it in his hair like mine. Next he took out two Christmas hats and placed them on both of our heads. I took off the scarf bow and put the hat back on my head, the red on red hair and hat kinda matched. I put the scarf around my arm like Keith had, only on my left arm. There, now if any cops come by again they won't be able to tell us apart! We look like twins! When Keith asked about drinks I remembered that I was supposed to be serving. I then went behind the counter of the bar and poured him a cup of eggnog, adding a peppermint stick to it and handed it to him. Next, I poured myself some hot chocolate and added some marshmallows to it. I went and sat down next to Keith and took a sip of my cocoa before speaking. I don't really like eggnog an any alcohol is out of the question because simply it's repulsive to me. I said and looked around the room. Things were going okay for right now. 

London looked around, feeling somewhat awkward as he tried to find something to do. He didn't want to keep sitting alone at the bar but he might end up doing that regardless, it's better to be ok in your own company rather be just standing out in the open somewhat awkwardly. He assessed the situation...The man and the girl that slipped in early were conversing which was good to see, Keith? was it? I believe so, he was talking with the hostess...Kiru? The guy with purple hair has seemed to quite down, Arekkusu was preoccupied with his pet phoenix, and I am...just standing here. I suppose everyone is already talking with someone else so I can't blame them. London frowned slightly. He was glad everyone was beginning to have fun. He let out a sigh as he glanced downwards for a moment and then back up, watching in silence.

As Clarence began to stumble over his words, Lessa's features softened. Perhaps he truly was as pessimistic as she had originally diagnosed, but he was doing his best to come across as something else. His attempt to be positive despite a bad situation was not lost on her, and she found herself thinking back to Kiru. These seem like good people, came her thoughts. These are the people that I need. "You're fine," she finally said aloud, noticing the many shades of red that the man's cheeks had been painted. With each word he spoke, said cheeks descended into deeper hues. "Really." Her words were reassuring, as was her smile. "Never apologize for rambling. I like to think that's just a person's thoughts in the rawest form." 

A hand rose to her face, a single finger rubbing the bridge of her nose. "I'm sorry you don't generally enjoy Christmas though." Shoulders rose and fell as the blonde gave the slightest of shrugs. "I know I've been having a bit of difficulty finding the holiday cheer here inside SAO. That's really why I'm here. Sometimes, it is tough to find something to celebrate, but I think it is important that we don't stop." Lessa gave a soft, breathy laugh. "I think it will help keep us human."

Atma bounded across the room with energetic leaps. He landed next to a rather lonely looking player and said with enthusiasm, "Hi there! My name is Atma! Who might you be!" He looked at the player, and felt genuinely confused as to why this nice-looking chap was all by himself. Atma put his hand on the side of the man's face and said with a gentle whisper, "Hey, are you okay?"

Inside, he thought, I am here for this man. He has ME now. Everything will be absolutely okay!

Keith blinked at the side show going on, but he decided he might as well continue his conversation with Kiru. He took another sip of eggnog and then stirred his candy cane a bit more. "Mm. I hear ya. The stuff just tastes plain nasty. Plus, being a Maverick Hunter is a full-time job for me. Drinking that stuff could seriously put myself and a lot of others in danger if I have to fight a Maverick while drunk. Not very good for my image either." He finished, sipping his eggnog again. "But, I must say it's good to see you coming out of your shell. I would say it's a Christmas Miracle, but I think you did this yourself. And it really is good to see you more sociable." Keith was also glad to see that Kiru, who was about ready to rip his head from his shoulders, now considered him a friend, and the two were talking like they had known eachother forever. She seemed to have become more humble over time, and Keith was glad to see he had been making progress in changing her personality for the better. Aincrad sure needed happier times.

Clarence's face had a smile slowly spreading. this girl here, was actually a very good person. She tries and tries to make people happy, and doesn't lose sight of who she really is, some one great. "Okay, I think I calmed my face down." Clarence laughed lightly as his blush slowly faded. "Yeah, celebrations do help us all out in the end, help us be better people I do believe. And if you like rambling, I do it a-lot when I met someone knew. I guess its just me trying to break the ice sort of say." Clarence smiled wider, get more comfortable around everyone. "So are you dating anyone." As the words left Clarence's mouth, he knew he really shouldn't have said that. "Oh uh that wasn't mean trying to ask you out or anything.... sorry I need to learn what to or not to ask. Just my friends usually ask me that because in my predicament. I can't really meet many people like." Clarence trailed off, un sure of what to say.

London took a step back, his eyes widening a bit before collecting himself rather quickly. Inside; London was asking himself What the hell is he doing? and his inner self would have shown his surprise, wondering what this man was actually doing what his intentions were. On the outside and to everyone else however, he held his cool, emotionless visage. "I'm Sindon," his voice now had a small traces of sarcasm in it "a pleasure..." He didn't mean to seem rude but again, people with manners generally don't go up to a person and touch their face. He brushed Atma's hand off his cheek "And don't touch me." he said dryly, he was already shown how absurdly brat like Atma had seemed earlier and first impressions are important...London heard the Hey, are you okay? and it was obvious, to him at least, that it seemed like Atma wanted something, not sure what but no one was this energetic in a video game towards a stranger. "I'm fine, thank you for the concern." reluctantly, as a formality to just be polite he extend his hand to shake Atma's hand.

Atma shook the man's hand and said apologetically, "Sorry about you're face." (Well, that's a mood killer, isn't it?) Atma did a fancy bow, showing Sindon respect, and then said to him in a questioning voice, "Say, why haven't you been talking to anyone? You do know that you can socialize, right?" With that, Atma took several steps back, turned in a full 360, and, after several moments of thought, said, "You should go talk to the one with the fire bird, he's a friend of mine, and I think you two would get along." With that, Atma walked over to a table and jumped up onto it. And now, for my first act of the night, Atma looked at Sindon and said, "I'm gonna sing to lighten up the mood!"

I sat forward and propped my elbow up on the counter while sipping my hot chocolate. Keith was right about the taste of it it wasn't a very pleasing one. It was more of a putrid one to me. When he brought up his self proclaimed occupation I set my cup down on the wood. Being a Maverick Hunter, is it...fun? Wait no, dumb question. I know we don't see eye to eye about this thing your doing but I guess I can't help it. If you want to go around saving other people from grieving then I won't stand in your way...But I would like to ask, what if I were to become a maverick, or an orange player? What would you do then? I asked, quite curious to get an answer from him. I had been in many situations where I was about to kill someone but ended up not doing it, the thought kept occurring on my mind. Player Killer or Player Killer Hunter?

I almost choked on my drink when Keith mentioned that I was "coming out of my shell." Surely he knew by now that everyone I had been talking to with the exception of Lessa and him was just an act. I had to look cheery around them so I didn't screw up my own party. Lessa and I shared respect for each other while Keith and I shared secrets and experiences. Keith, one does not simply change personality nor be more social. I threw this party because- I was cut off by the guy with the purple hair. He took the initiative to perform at this event. I waited for him to start so I could continue talking to Keith. 

Atma had jumped up on a table before London could actually answer any of his questions. I don't know what I expected, he thought. London sighed and covered his eyes with his hand and groaned, looking downward as he Atma announced himself. This is bloody ridiculous.... He'd be sure to apologize to the hostess and host for Atma's actions, it's obvious he wouldn't do it himself, regardless of not being associated with him. He took his hand away from his face and crossed his arms, waiting for Atma to start serenading the whole tavern.