» Username: Azide
» Real name: Napoleon Nouel Navarre
» Age: 20 21
» Gender: Male
» Height: 5' 8"

Azide_Minimalist.png

» About:
Hey, Nouel here!
Or more specifically: Napoleon Nouel Navarre. So basically official record holder for the world's Frenchiest name, nineteen years in the running (and no end in sight). Okay, so technically I'm Napoleon, but not to you or your little friend over there. Nope, not even to grannie (bless her heart) all the way over in Ars-en-Ré (sorry gran)! So just stick with Nouel or Azide and I'm sure we'll get along just swimmingly.

So, what to say? Before all of this, I'd been strolling merrily through uni, two or three semesters away from getting my chem degree until some jerk decided to trap me here in SAO. Thing is, I'm not even a gamer and totally avoided gaming like the plague because I'd been told a good game will suck you in and take over your life, and after trying out my pal's nerve gear I can say that's pretty much the case. So yeah, that sucks, but on the other hand I now get acceptable amounts of sleep (meaning not like three or four hours), so there's that at least!

Personality-wise? Well I'd like to think the Canadian blood mellows out most of the snobbiness from my other half, so you probably won't see me looking down on any ignorant Americans or the like, and as long as you're not a special breed of stupid I promise I'll try my best not to be rude! I might be a little sarcastic, maybe even a lot of sarcastic, but you'll live.*

*citation needed.

» Virtues:
Analytical:
As an inspiring chemist, it's pretty much critical to be able to stand back and dissect a problem before getting to play around. This more cautious road makes me tend to take note of the more discreet details and what they might infer, not only in the environment but also in situations and people.

Pragmatic:
I'm willing to do what has to be done to get the best results, simple as that. If a train's about to hit a family of four but can be redirected to instead hit their dog or cat, by all means let me flip the switch if it'd let you sleep at night. I won't pretend I always go with the most pleasant option, but I can at least guarantee I probably won't lose sleep over it.

Adaptive:
People rarely change, but circumstances are always changing. I've always accepted this fully, and so I didn't break down after finding out I'd be spending a little more time in Aincrad than planned. Though I don't always necessarily agree with all directions of change, I'm not too stubborn to change my plan of action accordingly when the need arises. Toss me in a room filled with lions, tigers, rapid squirrels, a few paperclips and some chewing gum and I'll take care of it. Without even using the gum.

» Flaws:
Perpetually bored:
People get bored, it's a pretty normal thing, so when I say I get bored very easily, I mean I get bored very easily. I have a hard time doing the same thing for long periods of time unless it interests me, the problem of course being that most things are not inherently interesting to me. Stuff like watching television or cinema, or ironically playing video games? Boring! Going to the mall or the club? Yawn. Heading back to campus to finish some lab work? Better have an extra lab coat!
As someone driven by a desire to observe, dissect and create, boredom for me is a norm dispelled only by moments of constructiveness. Not strictly in a scientific sense, but also in a social one. If you're not a complete idiot, that is.

Dismissive/Skeptical:
So I'll just come out and say this now, but I'm a pretty smart guy. I know it, you know it, my mom knows it. Hell, even your mom knows it, no offense. I try to keep an open mind just like any other future Nobel laureate, but I refuse to follow somebody else's orders or suggestions unless I'm sure they'll work. And by that, I mean I'm not likely to follow orders or suggestions, or even agree with them for that matter. It's petty, I know. Hey, I'm willing to work with pretty anybody whose brain voltage is at least on the right side of the number line, I I happen to think the finer work should be left to the people best equipped to deal with it (i.e., me.)

Passive-Aggressive:
If I resent your existence, it probably won't immediately be clear, but if you ask me for a ride everyday to class (which is totally boring) you just might start to consider it around the time I start taking my time in getting to you. But if you ask me if I have a problem with it, of course my answer will be, "I'm fine!" Really, I'm totally fine man. Whoops, silly me, accidentally slammed on the breaks again! So yeah, I'm not perfect. But hey, at least I'm not punching babies in the face, right?

Profession:
» Mentor Alchemist [Rank 6]

Skills:
Skill Points: (? of 129 Total SP)

Utility and Mobility:
» Athletics
» Precision

» Acrobatics

Combat:
» Charge [Rank 4]

Weapon skills:
» One-Handed Dagger [Rank 5]

Armor skills:
» None

Extra skills:

» Survival

» Concentration
» Martial arts [Rank 0]

» Meditation [Rank 0]

» Inventory
Currently Equipped:

» Name: Chemikaze [E]

Item-Type: One-Handed Dagger

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +2 Damage, +1 Paralyze
Description:  A lightweight dagger consisting of two individual blades placed over a single black hilt in close proximity. A single ring of green circling the hollow center of the guard is the blade's sole adornment. 

» Name: Heisenberg's Uncertainty II [E]
Item Type: Leather Armor
Enhancements: +2 Evasion, +1 Savvy
Description: A green coat that makes it difficult to simultaneously identify both the wearer's position and velocity, and consequently renders them a much more difficult target. This particular variation allows for enhanced mobility due to its lighter weight. It has a small crowned lion logo on the area of the left breast pocket, trademark of the shop it's been made in.

» Name: Schrodinger's Pendant [E]
Item Type: Lucky Charm
Enhancements: +2 Accuracy, +1 Evasion
Description : This pendant has nothing to do with Schrodinger, though it does tend to grant its wearer increased agility and precision.

» Name: Lucifer the Snake [Familiar]
Species: Green Keelback Snake
Size: ~3 feet long x 1.5 inches wide
Effects: (Fighter) +1 Damage
Description: A bright green serpent with a white underbelly and occasional black stripes that run the length of its long, slender body. It spends most of its time cozying up in the inner pockets of Azide's coat, but will often emerge to either observe or assist its owner in battle.

On-Hand:

Spoiler

» Name: Uniform of the Knight
Quality: Good
Enhancements: None
Description: A fitted uniform consisting of a coat jacket coupled with a matching pair of trousers. Primarily white, the jacket is lined with a crimson trim that traces every edge and pocket. A stylized red cross runs across the bottom in repetition, each pattern outlined with a dark grey.

» Name: Heisenberg's Uncertainty
Enhancements: +2 Savvy, +1 Evasion
Description : A green coat that makes it difficult to simultaneously identify both the wearer's position and velocity, and consequently renders them a much more difficult target. Because of this, the wearer is granted superior observational ability in comparison to his or her opponent.

» Name: Charged Quantum Slicer
Item Type: One-Handed Rapier
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: +2 Damage, +1 Bleed
Description: A rapier with an edge said to be sharp even on a sub-atomic level, making slashing a viable option. It was later modified, so that its magnetized blade would literally draw iron-rich blood from its targets.

» Name: Energy Drink

Item Type: Snack
Enhancements: +6 Energy. Single Use.
Description: Restores a decent amount of energy.

» Name: Wildfire
Item Type: Light Armor
Quality: Good
Enhancements: None
Description: A slim-fitting one-button forest-green blazer. Perfect for the occasional night on the town. 

It has a small crowned lion logo on the area of the left breast pocket, trademark of the shop it's been made in.

Off-Hand:

Spoiler

» Name: Alchemist's Left Glove

Item Type : Gloves

Enhancement: +1 Craft Die
Description: One half of a set. They say that the left side is associated with imagination and creativity, which allows for an increased level of innovation.

»Name: Alchemist's Right Glove
Item Type: Gloves
Enhancement: +1 Exp
Description: One half of a set. They say that the right side is associated with logic and reasoning, which allows for an increased level of understanding.

» Name: Matriarch's Stinger
Item Type: Single Use Item
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 Damage for one battle.
Description: Dropped by the Wind Wasp Queen.

» Name: Sand Armor Potion
Enhancements: +1 Damage Mitigation for one battle.
Description: Dropped by the Sand Shark.

» Name: Snowfrost
Enhancements: Halves burn damage for one battle.
Description: Dropped by the Avalanche.

» Name: Basic Dagger
Item Type: One-Handed Dagger
Quality: Good
Description: A basic no-frills no-nonsense honest-to-goodness dagger. On the back, you can faintly make out its inscription. "Made in China..."

» Name: Atom Slicer
Item Type: One-Handed Rapier
Enhancements: +1 Damage
Description: A rapier crafted in such a way as to make slashing a viable option. Its edge is said to be sharp even at an atomic level.

» Name: Hoya of Minos

Item Type: Jewelry
Type: Pendant
Quality: Good
Description: A delicate white-gold pendant featuring a flawless sapphire at its center.

Materials:

21,777 Col (Last ten transactions)

» +166 col in When the String Snaps

» +266 col in The Air Monster, Ziz (Calrex, Rebekah)

» +3000 col in PumpKing Event

» +3000 col in Paving the Way to Floor 13

» +200 col in Showing Your True Colors (Ariel)

» +266 col in Why Don't You Love Me Again? (Calrex, Rebekah)

» +200 col in Red White and Blue II (Calrex)

» +40 col in Lions Tamed (Flints, Tristan Delaney)

» +500 col in Tank Vs DPS (Ariel, Jomei, Takao)

» +200 col in Time to Exterminate (Hikoru)

Role Plays [Completed]

Quests:

Spoiler

» Blade of Dreams (2 SP)
» Worn Out Welcome (2 SP)
» Breaking the Unbreakable (2 SP)
» Earning a Living (2 SP)
» Calming the Mind (2 SP)
» Earning a Living (Repeat) (1 SP)
» The Gemini (4 SP)
» Search for the Hoya (3 SP)
» Long Live the Queen (4 SP)

» Blood in the Sand (4 SP)

» Avalanche (4 SP)

» The Traveler (2 SP)

» The Traveler (Repeat) (1 SP)

» Let There Be Light (2 SP)

» Bandit Camp (2 SP)

» Earning a Living (Repeat) (1 SP)

» Feeding the Enemy (2 SP)

»  Secret Medicine of the Forest (2 SP)

» Guardian of Fire (4 SP)

» The Lord of the Seas (4 SP)

» Butcher of the Sands (Opal) (4 SP)

» Long Live the Queen (Repeat/Hikoru) (1 SP)

» The Iron Guardian (Ariel, Jomei, Takao) (2 SP)

» Saying Vows (Tristan Delaney/Flints) (2 SP)

Benchmarks:

Spoiler

» [benchmark] Bad Apple (1 SP)

» [benchmark] A Streak of Blue Among All of the White (1 SP)

» [benchmark] This Place is Hot (1 SP)
» [benchmark] Starting at Square One (1 SP)
» [benchmark] Secrets of the Jungle (1 SP)
» [benchmark] A Mountain of Materials (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Secrets of the Jungle Revealed (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Be there or be Square (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Deforestation (1 SP)

» [benchmark] The Eyepatch is the Problem (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Into Darkness (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Valentine's Festival (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Into the the Wild (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Dark Times Ahead (1 SP)

» [benchmark] A Night to Remember (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Jacob's Seventh Birthday (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Dixon (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Hunters (1 SP)

» [benchmark] To Become Faint Part I (1 SP)

» [benchmark] With Friends Like These (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Prey (1 SP)

» [benchmark] A Faint Awakening (1 SP)

» When the String Snaps (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Escape (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Why Don't You Love Me? (1 SP)

» [benchmark] A Change of Pace (1 SP)

» [benchmark] PSA - Duel: Mack & Xion (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Courageous Beyond Measure I (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Courageous Beyond Measure II (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Courageous Beyond Measure III (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Courageous Beyond Measure IV (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Courageous Beyond Measure V (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Courageous Beyond Measure VI (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Courageous Beyond Measure VII (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Courageous Beyond Measure VIII (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Waiting for Oikawa (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Night Terrors (1 SP)

» [benchmark] The Swing of Things (1 SP)

» [benchmark] The Swing of Things Part II (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Unfinished Business (1 SP)

» [benchmark] A Night of Freedom (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Paving the Way to Floor 12 (4 SP)

» [benchmark] A Pleasant Surprise (1 SP)

» [benchmark] City of Lights (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Thicker Than Water (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Making Headway F12 Boss Raid Meeting (1 SP)

» [benchmark] Red White and Blue (1 SP)

» Red White and Blue II (1 SP)

» Why Don't You Love Me Again? (1 SP)

» Showing Your True Colors (1 SP)

» Pre-Raid Relaxation (1 SP)

» Paving the Way to Floor 13 (4 SP)

» PumpKing Event Boss (4 SP)

» The Air Monster, Ziz (1 SP)

» Aftermath of a War, Planning of Another -- Floor 13 Boss Meeting (1 SP)

Relationships
»

Story Thus Far
» Shortly after starting up the nerve gear and creating my character, some Japanese guy named Akihiko made a big announcement and lots of tears and anger were to be had. Realizing I was completely out of my depth and new nothing about absolutely the game (or gaming in general) I quickly set off from the chaos hoping to find players more knowledgeable than myself, equipped with only a starter pack and the clothes on my back. I might be French, but I'm not ready to wave the white flag just yet. Pardon my French, but to hell with that.

Gallery

Spoiler

Azide_Manga.png

Azide_SAO2_Smallest.pngAzide_Gallery_Pic.pngAzide_Young2.png

35PA296.png?1Azide_Sig_New2_Kot_B2.png

Azide_Minimalist_Kot_B.png

Edited by Azide