[F1] Catfish Forge (Closed)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reu walked into the Catfish Forge. He had previous dealings with Baldur, and had been impressed at the quality of his healing potion, and so now, he wanted to requisition an item from Tyger, proprietor of the Catfish Forge. He had seen Tyger around, including the last time he was in here dealing with Baldur, she had been  dressed in her blacksmithing equipment, but even seeing her around he had not had much interaction with her; she certainly seemed to keep busy.

Spying the order form, Reu quickly sat and began to fill it out. At the top he scribbled his own personal message... "Tyger, I am in need of a shield. I have it all drawn up for you. This is the shield I see in my sleep, the one I feel my soul asking for. I have 6 materials for it's requisition. This is the shield I intend to use to protect not only myself, but through it's granted strength, I will use it to protect those who can not protect themselves." Reu quickly filled out the rest of the order form to its specifications. At the very bottom of the page he wrote, "PS Tell Baldur I said, 'Hello'.".

Name of Item: Confront Battle

Type: Shield

Rarity: Perfect

Modifier: (+3 Damage Mitigation)

DescriptionA giant shield, but magnificently light, it is similar in size & shape to the one used by Heathcliff. Featuring an exterior of all black emblazoned with a golden phoenix. The inside of the shield is entirely plain silver, with engraved inscriptions along the edges. Some of which are, 'Cor Aut Mors', 'Res Firma Mitescere Nescit', 'Tuebor', 'Per Ardua Ad Alta', 'Intrepidus', 'With Glory', 'Live Knightly' and finally, the top series of inscriptions being four lines vertically, one after another, reading 'Once More Unto the Breach','Beware the Ides of March','Find them the Primrose Path', 'For They Are Gold, While You & I Are Merely Iron'.

7 - 6 = 1 Material

Tyger nodded to Atticus, and transferred the items over to him.

"That'll certainly work! Two rare items will equal out to... 1,200 Col."

She traded over the items to Atticus, and gained the amount of money from him.

"Enjoy them!"

-2 Rare Items

+1,200 Col

--

Another fellow had entered the Forge just as Tyger was about to disappear into the back of the store. However, she smiled at him, and took his request, reading over it.

"Nah, this sounds easy enough! I'll do my best to get it to you as quickly as possible."

When she read the end part, she giggled and hollared over to Baldur. 

"Reu says hello!"

She chuckled, before ducking her head back into the forge to start crafting.

--

ID 12088, CD 3 (Fail, +2)

ID 12089, CD 11+1=12 (Perfect Item, +9)

Name of Item: Arondight

Type: One-Handed Sword

Crafted By: Tyger, Catfish Forge

Rarity: Perfect

Modifier: +3 Damage

Description: Sir Lance-a-lot's sword in Arthurian Legend.

ID 12090, CD 3 (Fail, +2)

ID 12091, CD 5 (Good Item of Choice, +3)

ID 12092, CD 9+1=10 (Rare Item, +6)

ID 12093, CD 10 (Rare Item, +6)

ID 12094, CD 8 (Uncommon Item, +4)

Tyger prepared her forges once more for another day of crafting. She made sure to send a PM to ??? who would be ready to pick up his shield and sword soon. She hated seeing her old armor leave, but if it could help protect another player, she was all for it. Besides, she got to make so many new pieces of armor a day that she couldn't get too stuck on the ones she'd forged before, or the ones she'd worn. She was pumping out items for players, and that was all that mattered. 

"Icarus, want a crunchy bit?"

She offered, and tossed a piece of charcoal across the room. Icarus sat on his back legs, mouth open, and gulped down the piece with a satisfied burp and wag of his tail. Tyger set all the items down on the table that she'd made. Lots of random custom pieces, for sure. What was she going to do with all these? Her hands were heavy from her protective gauntlets, and her special hammer was beginning to feel heavier. Time to call it a day.

ID 12203, CD 4+1=5 (Good Item, +3)

ID 12204, CD 9+1=10 (Rare Item, +6)

ID 12205, CD 1 (Fail, +2)

ID 12206, CD 1 (Fail, +2)

ID 12207. CD 8 (Uncommon Item, +4)

ID 12208, CD 9+1=10 (Rare Item, +6)

ID 12209, CD 9+1=10 (Rare Item, +6)

Total:

2 Fails

1 Good Item

3 Rare Items

1 Uncommon Item

29 EXP

-7 Mats

"Icarus, C'mon! Let's get this show on the road!"

Tyger called out, listening for the tumbling, clumsy footsteps of her familiar to bound down the steps and into her forge. After a few seconds, she heard him scrambling, so she left the door open for him so he could run inside. His tongue lolled and his butt waggled, tail shaking with excitement. The forge was all his to light, so Tyger let him do that while she prepared the few mats she had left for crafting today.

"Phew. This is gonna be a short day, I think." 

However, she set her work gloves and hammer to work, hammering through a few items before salvaging the remains of a few bad ones. However, when she went to remake them, she just kept making bad items! Thankfully she could resalvage them, but geeze. A lot of work for only a good item in the end...

ID 12773, CD 5 (Good Item, +3)

ID 12772, CD 8 (Uncommon Item, +4)

ID 12771, CD 2+1=3 (Salvage Attempt 16, Salvaged!) +2

ID 12770, CD 2+1=3, (Salvage Attempt 16, Salvaged!) +2

ID 12769, CD 5 (Good Item, +3)

---

ID 12774, CD 5 (Good Item, +3)

ID 12775, CD 2+1=3 (Salvage Attempt 16, Salvaged!) +2

---

ID 12776, CD 2+1=3 (Salvage Attempt 18, Salvaged!) +2

---

ID 12778, CD 2+1=3 (Salvage Attempt 19, Salvaged!) +2

--- 

ID 12479, CD 6 (Good Item, +3)

(Holy shiz)

26 XP

4 Good Items

1 Uncommon Item

-5 Mats

• 4 weeks later...

He went off to the missing lands and left one thing behind, and the owner may not be too happy about it. Hopefully she was willing to accept a payment now. He walked up to the counter and looked to see his item was made, and his name was labeled on the item and everything. Operation Ultimate Defense, he forgot about his old plan that would allow him victories in many duels. The strike and counter technique, so beautiful. He looked at the item and put out 1000 col onto the counter, making sure none of it spilled off the edge. then he waited for the owner herself, she could take as long as she liked, Arekkusu kept her waiting after all.

-Lost 1000 Col-