[F1] Catfish Forge (Closed)

Tyger emerged from her forge, holding the bracers that Baldur wanted. 

"You mean these here?"

She held them up, and then let them fall onto the desk. His smolder wasn't working, but the extra items for her shop certainly were!

"They have +2 Accuracy, so have fun! Thanks for the items, as well."

She leaned over the counter and gave him a kiss. 

Name: Silver Sights 

Crafted byTyger, Catfish Forge
Armor Type: Heavy Bracers
Rarity: Rare
Description: A heavy set of metal bracers, carved with the intent of increasing one's accuracy.
Effect: +2 Accuracy
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldur grinned and made a downward swiping motion with his two fingers to open the menu and then equipped the bracers. As they materialized on his forearms, he smiled and modeled them for Tyger by flexing in the most exaggerated way possible.

"They're great! I guess I'm going to go THAT WAY to look for a quest up on the SIXTH FLOOR, with my new awesome VAMBRACES!"

He really hoped he didn't sound like an American pro-wrestler when he flexed while talking with her, but he hoped it made her smile just the same.

"Someone gave me a tip about some good quests on the sixth floor, so I'm going to go check it out." He half saluted, half waved to Tyger as he stood up and began to head to the door, "I'll bring you back all my mats, and maybe some flowers, too." He then blew her a kiss and pushed the door open as he walked out into the sunlight.

ID 7405, Craft Roll 6 (+2 EXP, -1 Mat)

After her shakeup on the sixth floor, Tyger returned home and fired up the forge to take some aggression out. The item she'd made wasn't a perfect by any means, but it was good at least. She didn't spend much time fiddling with it, and instead, tossed it over onto the table, rather unceremoniously. She wasn't in the mood to deal with too much. After her crafts, she wanted to go sleep. She grabbed the next material and hoped for better luck and even better items. 

ID 7406, Craft Roll 2 (+1 EXP, -1 Mat)

Second attempt of the day was a disaster. A mouthy customer came in and was frustrated with a piece he'd seen earlier that had been sold. Too bad! Sometimes that happens. If you want to buy it, you can buy it. But if you leave and then get mad when it isn't here? Too bad! He left angrily, and Tyger didn't want to deal with it. When she'd returned, the item was ruined. She heard her words from earlier when speaking to the unruly customer. 'Tooooo bad.' Welp, you win some and you lose some. It couldn't be helped.

ID 7407, Craft Roll 5 (+1 EXP, Mat Salvaged with 7409, Craft Roll 8)

With the botched item in the trash, Tyger did her best to not meet the same fate. Her hammer struck the metal and it began to form a fantastic shield, probably a perfect, but instead, it began to crack. Realizing she was about to lose the item, Tyger worked quickly to try and salvage it. Once again, as it had a few tries ago, the material slowly formed back into the ore, saving her from losing it. 

"Almost lost my mind today, good thing I didn't lose this. I might just go crazy."

She whined to herself.

ID 7408, Craft Roll 9 (+3 EXP, -1 Mat)

She'd seen a lot of sword users around in the game today, and she realized that the swords she'd been making were scimitars. Maybe she wasn't getting business because of that reason? She didn't have any swords! Well, she could definitely change that up. She put herself to work, and did her best to craft a decent sword. It wasn't anything that was going to break down a wall, but at least it'd give someone a little bit of an edge in combat, eh? 

"Maybe you'll find a good home."

She chimed, and placed it on the table. In the end, perhaps it wasn't such an awful day after all.

Name: The Silver Bullet

Crafted by: Tyger, Catfish Forge

Armor Type: Weapon

Rarity: Uncommon

Description: A silver and black sword, crafted for one handed users. Feel it's mighty sting!

Effect: +1 Damage

ID 7509, Craft Roll 9 

Tyger knew her shop would never make any money if she didn't make items for people to buy. Sure, it was nice that she could make things for Baldur and herself, but what about the shop? So, she sat down and made it the day's task to make a few weapons for people just starting out. Her Uncommon prices weren't that unreasonable, and she could always haggle with the mats. The dagger that came out looked sleek and fantastic, so it went to the sell table.

NameDragonsbane

Armor Type: Weapon, Dagger

Description: A quick, sleek dagger. Ready for it's appointment in between ribs. 

ID 7510, Craft Roll 9

So many movie quotes went through Tyger's head as she forged the giant, two handed hammer. Although she was never fond of them as a class weapon, she knew there were a few that had chosen them. So, there was no reason to not make them. Even if nobody bought it, it was too big to stay in the counter so it would be up on the wall so she could admire it, at least.

NameTitans Maw

Armor Type: Weapon, Two Handed War Hammer

Description: "GET READY TO FEEL THE THUNDER"

ID 7511, Craft Roll 8

The next item wasn't necessarily in the plans. Of course, she liked breaking the monotony with a little craft here and there. Although there were no enhancements she could put on it, it could still be useful to someone in the future, right? She tossed it onto the 'sell' table. The right owner would come eventually.

Customize-able Good Item

ID 7512, Craft Roll 9

Tyger was a fan of spears. When she saw one in the field, she often wondered to herself 'Why did I not pick a War Spear?' Sure, she really loved Scimitars, and that's the weapon skill she chose eventually, but still. Making the spear was the highlight of her day so far. Luckily, the Two hander came out just fine, so she played with it a while, slashing at invisible enemies clumsily before putting it to the side to sell.

NameThe Executioner

Armor Type: Weapon, 2 Handed Spear

Description: Accustomed to decapitation. Those boars won't know what hit them. Er, stuck them.

ID 7513, Craft Roll 11

Somewhere, amidst the crafting, she'd gained a Smithing level. Where she'd normally be tired, she had energy galore. Deciding to take advantage of this momentous occasion, Tyger got to the forge to make one last craft for the day. She was planning on making a two handed claymore, but as she widdled down at the metal, it became a breastplate. She wasn't sure how she got there, but she ran with it anyway.

Name: Tier 2 Heavy Armor

Armor Type: Heavy Armor

Description: It's got your back. We promise.

Effect: +2 Damage Mitigation

ID 7578, Craft Roll 12 (+8 EXP, -1 Mat)

She'd seen a few people with these. And she'd always wanted one for herself.

Instead of creating armor, Tyger did her best to create the crafter's best friend. A hammer of such usefullness, it could bump her crafts up sometimes! If she had made a rare, she could make it a perfect just like that. It was almost too good to be true. But, she'd done it.

Name: The Tiger's Paw

Armor Type: Hammer

Rarity: Perfect

Description: a simple, silver hammer made to increase the luck of the one who wields. May their crafts always be perfect!

Effect: +1 Crafting Dice

ID 7579, Craft Roll 12 (+8 EXP, -1 Mat)

So, she couldn't use her hammer on this next piece. Why? Because it was already perfect. Baldur needed a good sword, so she was about to give it to him. Once he totally switched over to katana, she'd present it to him when he made that decision. Her tired hands continued to work as she put this in a hiding place, in case Baldur came around.

Name: Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi (Sword of the Gathering Clouds of Heaven)

Armor Type: Weapon, 2 Handed Katana

Description: Badassery may not have an exact form, but this is pretty freaking close.

Effect: +3 Damage

ID 7580, Craft Roll 4 (+1 EXP, Salvage Chance: ID 7581, CD 9, Mat Salvaged)

So, it could have gone worse. As she was crafting, Tyger managed to break her item, but with a quick move, she salvaged the mat. How about that, eh? 

"That was close. Super close."

ID 7582, Craft Roll 9 (+3 EXP, -1 Mat)

There wasn't enough armor in her shop, so Tyger worked around the forge for an hour or so, making sure that the breastplate came out right. It wasn't perfect, but it would provide some player with some decent mitigation.

Name: The Redwall

Description: A decent, metal breastplate.

Effect: +1 Damage Mitigation

ID 7583, Craft Roll 4 (+1 EXP, Salvage Chance: ID 7584, CD 2, Mat Lost, -1 Mat)

Her lack of armor in her shop made her want to get a few pieces in, but when she went to make the breastplate, the ore had been tarnished and the breastplate was brittle beyond repair. Since the item was made, when she tried to salvage, the piece just floated into the wind. 

"Well crap."

There had been a few rumors spreading through Aincrad about a forge that had recently been opened up. Apparently the owner had a lot of things in stock. I pushed open the door to the shop, hoping I was entering the correct one, and sighed. To the right was a fire place. The flames licked the wood and turned it all black before entirely changing it into ashes. I diverted my eyes to a desk with a sign that read: "Forge." Hello? I called back. Normally I would just walk to the back and look at the forge but it was blocked off. There was also no entry to the upstairs, which made me curious. I wonder what's up there. I thought and turned around, laying eyes on a blue cape. 

With the sound of a customer in the main room, Tyger quickly finished the good item on the forge, and wiped her cheek with a sooty hand. Unbothered, she straightened her shirt and opened the door from the forge, eyes searching the room until she saw the woman waiting at the desk. Her grin spread wide as she kicked the door casually closed behind her.

"Howdy! Welcome to Catfish Forge. The name's Tyger."

She introduced herself as she walked over, and then leaned on the counter to be social.

"You are?"

She was usually pretty friendly, so she tried to get names and stuff unless people wanted to just grunt their order and then leave. She had a few bottles of water on the desk, in case someone wanted some. Tyger saw her eyes gaze across the blue cape.

"I got a lot more stuff coming in in the next few days, but if you find something that strikes you're fancy, lemme know. I've got a price guide, and I can do mats for Col. Whatever's best for you."

There really wasn't a preference, unless she was running low on mats. She seemed to be doing good for now though.

"If you were interested in that cape, it'd be 300 Col or 3 mats."

In case she wanted to look at it, Tyger pulled it out and placed it on the counter. If she wanted it, all she had to do was leave the payment on the counter and she could walk out with it.

*Tyger will hand you the cape if your post if you choose to buy it. Any method of pay is fine.

Name: Swordsmans Cape

Sold by: Tyger

Type: Light Armor Accessory

Rarity: Uncommon

Description: This blue half cape rests over one shoulder and loops down to the opposite hip. Also known as a fencer's cape.

Effect: +1 Accuracy

I heard the store owner introduce herself but I didn't look at her yet. The name is Kiru but I would like it if my name was kept a secret. I said, turning around to look at the shop owner. She seemed happy enough to see me. Mhm...I muttered, not really paying attention to the payment methods. I continued to look at the cape until she placed it on the counter and said it was 300 col. I checked my col amount and nodded as I exchanged the cape for a small bag of 300 col. 

Name: Swordsmans Cape

Sold by: Tyger

Type: Light Armor Accessory

Rarity: Uncommon

Description: This blue half cape rests over one shoulder and loops down to the opposite hip. Also known as a fencer's cape.

Effect: +1 Accuracy

1111 col -300 col= 811 col remaining. 

Tyger put the Col away in her inventory, and nodded to the girl. She made the 'zipped lips' gesture.

"No worries! I can keep a secret. If you need anything else, feel free to give me a hollar."

She'd spent so much time with Baldur and her forge, she hadn't really socialized outside of those two things. Seeing someone else was refreshing enough, whether they bought anything or not. 

(Received 300 Col. Sold Cape)

ID 7633, Craft Dice 8

Tyger wasn't feeling particularly lucky after her luck streak the day before, so she wasn't disappointed when her first craft was a good item, she didn't complain. So far, nobody needed any good items from the shop, but if they did, she had plenty to choose from.

Good Item of choice!

ID 7634, Craft Dice 12 

The next item was a surprise. She'd been thinking of how she wanted to make a new shield with some different stats, but she wasn't sure how she wanted to go about it. She liked the design of her old one, but knew she had to make something different. The finish product was something to be proud of, so she named it Roar. Because she'd make her enemies cower with her power.

NameRoar

Made By: Tyger, Catfish Forge

Type: Shield

Modifier: +2 Thorns, +1 Accuracy

Description: A snarling, powerful shield. Who would want to mess with a feline?

ID 7635, Craft Dice 2

When she went to go and put the material into the Forge, it slipped out her hand and shattered into a thousand shimmering pieces. Talk about some bad luck! Tyger grumbled to herself and grabbed another piece.

ID 7636, Craft Dice 2

Instead of shattering when this piece was dropped, the material rolled until it landed against the wall. When Tyger went to go pick it up, it spontaneously combusted, ruining the material where it sat. Talk about some more bad luck!

ID 7637, Craft Dice 6

Determined to not let this day become too much of a waste, Tyger carefully (making sure not to drop anything... or let it roll...) placed her item into the forge and began to smith. At the end of the experience, she was given a few experience points and a good item for the shop. She placed it on the table to be taken outside to the front of the store.

Good item of choice!

Kino happens to pass by The Catfish Forge when he stops in his tracks and walks backwards. Looking at the sign, he finally found a place to purchase some equipment. Beside him, his imaginary friend, Frank is glancing at the shop with his eerie eyes. 

"...this shop has a good price...you should enter...", he spoke in a shrilly voice.

Kino only nodded, pushing the door to the forge and looks around. A collection of rings, swords, shields and other items are displayed along the rack. He notices the menu that displays the type of item and its price, for example, an Uncommon type of item costs 300 Col. A Good item costs 100. 

He looks around for the owner of the shop, wondering where he or she is. Thinking that the owner goes out for something, he simply leans against the wall and waited, glancing at Frank who was looking at him back.

"...she will come soon...", says Frank.

He helps himself with some bread and water, looking around the weapons and shields that he would like to buy. He is hoping for a katana, or at least a greatsword, but after estimating his 815 Col, he realizes that they would be too expensive as they are always powerful. Regardless, he has enough skills to help him deal good damage with some enemies.

He chomps down the fourth bread, satisfying his hunger

ID 7700, CD 11

Name: Blood-Seeker

Type: Sword

Modifier: +1 Damage, +1 Lifesteal

Description: A dark weapon with the power to not only hurt, but weaken in more ways than one.

ID 7701, CD 2

Fail~

ID 7702, CD 10

Name: The Knight's Castoff

Type: Heavy Armor

Modifier: +1 Accuracy

Description: Want to look cool, hit on ladies AND hit those monsters easier? 

ID 7703, CD 6

Good Item for Customization

ID 7704, CD 5

Good Item for Customization

When the customer entered the shop, Tyger was elbow deep in work. However, she paused what she was doing (making sure that nothing would ruin if she got into conversation) and stepped outside into the shop, considering leaving her forge door open for people to walk in instead of waiting out there. Either way worked though. As she rounded the corner, she saw a boy there, scarfing down a piece of bread. She smiled, and leaned up against the counter. 

"Howdy! You're eatin' that like it's goin' outta style."

She snickered, pulling out a bottle of water for the boy to drink with it, in case he was thirsty.

"This is the Catfish Forge. Anything you need, I can make. Unless you might'a found something you're already interested in?"

The boy wasn't out here for too long, but who knows. But, either way, she chuckled and crossed her arms.

"Sorry, where are my manners? I'm Tyger, owner of the Forge. You are?"

"....Kino...," he spoke in a quiet voice. He looks at her with his red eyes as he takes out 300 Col and tells her the item that he wants while waiting for her presence.

"...The Silver Bullet...may I own it?" is all he could ever ask.

Frank is standing beside him, glaring at the owner of the forge with the eyes of his skeletal bunny face. He looks like as if he is guarding his reality friend from something.

Tyger smiled at the boy.

"Silver Bullet is definitely up for sale. However, It needs a few more hours to let the steel temper, since I only made it a bit ago. If you're cool waiting, then I don't mind."

Crafting took time, and even then, she had to wait a while for the steel to cool and set. Didn't want it shattering and causing danger to a player. A player with a mob and no weapon? Yikes.

"I've got quite the handfull of stuff coming out about that time too. If you see something else you like, I could probably help with a discount or something if you got two things."

She liked seeing new faces in the store. Even if she didn't see the Skeletal Bunny one.

He nods, willing to wait for a few hours or so until the work is done. At least he can farm some Col outside the walls of the Starting City. As he is about to leave, Frank speaks to Tyger in his shrilly voice, much to Kino's surprise.

"...how are you able to see me...as nobody besides Kino would..."

He stops in his track just to hear Tyger's reaction. It is impossible, he thought to himself. How can someone like her have the ability to see his figment of imagination? Is there some kind of skill for this?

Tyger blinked at the skeletal rabbit talking to him. It seemed shocked that Tyger could hear, let alone understand and see it. She cocked her head to the side, mildly confused. 

"Why wouldn't I see you? I don't see any other skeletal rabbits around here. Kinda reminds me of a movie back home, actually."

Her musings would probably get them off track, but the strange question deserved an answer, at least.

Frank stares mildly into the eyes of Tyger, an audible electrical buzz can be heard a little around his presence. He only moves his head and nods, and speaks again.

"....never speak of this to anyone...for he dislikes humiliation...you just have to wait for him until he finishes farming Col...he will face a lycanthrope...."

Kino exits the store as soon as Frank was speaking to Tyger again, he never heard what he would face in the future. Frank bows in an eerie but respectful in a way no one could describe about, he gives off one last stare while standing still like a statue before fading away.

Tyger nodded to the strange, skeletal creature as it walked outside with the boy, pondering his crypic words with confusion and slight interest. 

"Man, the things you see these days. I think i've seen it all now."

The moment she said that though, she'd probably just jinxed herself.

ID 7782, CD 12

Name: The Tiger's Hide

Crafted byTyger, Catfish Forge

Description: The Tiger's Hide.

Effect: +2 Damage Mitigation, +1 Accuracy

ID 7783, CD 7

Good Item of Choice

ID 7784, CD 8

Good Item of Choice

ID 7785, CD 3 (ID 7786, Mat Salvage Failed)

Fail, No Mat Salvage

ID 7787, CD 3

Fail, ID 7790, CD 5, No Mat Salvage

Dinged!

1 Extra craft today~

ID 7791, CD 5

Good Item of Choice!

Arekkusu walked into the shop, his expectancy on his item high since he was messaged on his request being finished... A few days ago. That would be a bit awkward walking randomly and seeing that the item had been sold. Still, for putting someone in hold like that after you make a specific request like that... That would be a well deserved punishment. When he walked in, he saw that there were other customers as well, so he would have to wait before he gets anything from anyone.