OP- F3 'Bad Apple' (Limit 6/6 People FULL)

(I am shoving a rule in here for my OP; please lets have at least 4 lines  ^^; Thank you kindly)

Her figure, adorned in shades of white and pastel pink stepped out from the mist. Cotton candied hair, disheveled. Rosy cheeks dirtied, smudged. Her skirt billowed in the wind; small tears fluttering. Her bare legs, seemed to be floating above the ground – for the mists covered her feet.  She played a wild tune on her violin.

Mari, the Pker.

Mari, the guild leader.

Mari the mother who killed her own daughter.

The woman was, at this point, a psychological mess. Her mind awash in sordid thoughts; melancholy  ebbing away at whatever sanity she had left. Blue eyes, half lidded stared straight ahead, dull orbs unwavering as she slowly stepped out of the forest of wavering mist. It was a dark place, even for the higher leveled players; a place where screams echoed morning, noon and night. A place where even the sunlight feared to tread, a place guarded by monsters, and it was this place – which Mari had claimed as her new home.

A Player Killer was unable to enter towns, unable to enter Safe Zones. Mari, felt it was only fitting for someone such as her to reside in such a depraved woodland wonderland. Mari heard the screams of those who had fallen by her blade at night; so the dark ambiance of the forest did nothing to her. It was, after all…her home.  Mari had destroyed her old residence, a quaint cave amidst the peace of the 2nd floor. She destroyed the grave of her daughter, she destroyed whatever ties of friendship she had.

Mari opened her lips, and began to sing. Voice rising in a lilting tune, with naught but the screams of the forest to listen to her maddening serenade.

“Ever, on and on I continue circling with nothing but my hate – in a carousel of a-gon-y~”

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC - I love your posting style, Mari!)

Azide threw his head back and sighed deeply as he continued to trod forward. Each and every step was a labor in and of itself, and every last molecule in his body seemed to be protesting against him. His gait was visibly slow, heavy and halting as he shuffled forward. He would drag his feet forward and lean against it all hunched over, then slowly drag the other, all while his arms hung still at his sides.

"God, I look like a zombie right now," he thought. He drew in a deep breath, then breathed out slowly through his nose. "There's plenty of moaning and groaning to be done, sure, but definitely not around here." Every so often he'd been surveying the area, making sure nothing would catch him by surprise at the very least. For a long while, he'd simply shift his gaze from the forests to his left and the barren plains at his right. Although he hadn't seen anything yet, he stayed quiet, hoping to avoid drawing any undue attention. With a grand total of zero col and few connections, he figured he'd press on forward through the night and make his way toward the fourth floor instead of lying around on the street like some chump. "A brilliant idea that was," he muttered. He probably could have pleaded with an innkeeper for a place to spend the night, but somehow he found that scenario even less desirable.

He'd heard about the third floor's vast woodlands, he'd decided to lay low and instead walk around the area's perimeter, seemingly less dense in monster population. Fortunately enough, as tiring as his efforts may have been, he in fact had yet to actually be spotted by a single creature.

Suddenly, he became aware of the sound of music from up ahead, emanating from the forest's edge. How long it'd been playing? He couldn't say for sure. Cautiously, he shuffle on, ready to draw the flimsy piece of iron he called his rapier. After a while longer, Azide finally found himself able to peer through the wispy mist, just in time to see a figure exit the dark forest, violin in hand and singing a siren's song. More importantly, he was able to spot an orange tag which floated above the user. His body tensed and his mind raced. "Orange tag? That means..." He shook his head and turned back, stepping on a pile of twigs and branches by mistake, and creating some rather noticeable snapping and crackling in the process. "Damn it," he thought, realizing his error. He slowly turned around.

It was a normal day for Kosan .. He was walking around floor 3 in his normal outfit , meaning his dark cape that was covering his armor , hood down, white hair shining because of the sun... He was bored of the town , of the monotony.. He grew sick of seeing stupid players who aren't doing anything besides drinking in the pubs.. He became a loner and a solo player which each day that passed "Gosh.. What have I become... I look like [censored], I feel like [censored]...I wish I could end this.." he said as he kept walking and walking around floor 3.. He wasn't really familiar with this floor , he didn't spend that much time here..

As he was wandering around he heard a known voice singing.. "hmm.. I know that voice..." he said to himself as he kept walking.. It was a feminine voice.. it was Mari that was singing a nice song .. At first he wanted to go and say hi.. But he decided to stay hidden.. His mind was still a mess.. Kosan wasnt sure what to think about Mari anymore... But she still was his friend.. And probably the only person he really cared about in this death game...

(OOC - idk how many lines is that , from Phone.. Tell me if I do any reply with less than 4 lines)

“Till slowly I forget and my heart starts vanishing, and suddenly I see ~ That I Can’t. Break. Free~”

Her tune continued – as did her singing. A lyrical view into the turmoil of her mind, the ravishes of broken trust, ruined friendships, and death upon death that had been thrust upon her. Or should one say, it was death that she had thrust upon others? Mari hadn’t planned on leaving the forest that day; but she wanted to go for a walk. She was taking a page out of Daeron’s book.

I do what I want. I take what I want.

Mari assumed, she would do a short lap of the surrounding area – it was too difficult to play her violin, or to sing in the forest of mist. The anguished screams, echoes turning into dark coils – a nightmares war cry…they drowned out most other sounds. She wanted to play, she wanted to sing.

Undisturbed.

And Alone.

Of course, Mari never seemed to get what she desired, as she cleared the mists that surrounded the forests there was a loud series of cracks, broken sticks. Her dead blue eyes landed straight on the player. Soulless eyes boring into wide, afraid chocolate eyes.

He was afraid, afraid of her – the monster that was Mari, the Player Killer, and so he should be. Mari didn’t say a word. Her face stoic, expressionless as she stopped singing. Mari continued to play the violin, the song building into a quickened tempo.

Just what would the scared, chocolate-eyed player do?

Ariel was wandering near a misty forest at the 3rd floor, usually at this time she would be at her shop, working on ordered items. But today she was here because she needed a specific item to continue her work. So there she was, searching for a material called Â«Tranquility vine» that only Â«Elder Treants» drop. It was a perfect material for making all kind of bindings..even shoelaces.

After searching for a while she could hear a faint sound of a violin playing. While looking around to determine the source,she sees a tall figure, closing in on it she begins to see the figures details throw the mist.
"That the...?  a tree... seriously?" she shouted out in amazement, it's true that the mobs name above its head, contained the word "Treant" but she didn't expect for it to be a literal tree. What was it going to do bore her to death? She drew closer, but it wasn't moving.

She extended her hand wanting to touch it out of curiosity. In that moment the tree rotated 180 degrees, and a huge ugly face appeared carved at the trunk. Then its started moving and pair of vines appeared from nowhere slapping Ariel, catching her off guard. She then unsheathed her rapier  while shouting "Don't get so full of yourself you ugly censored" and she stabbed it right in the face.

ID: 7020  BD:9 MD:7
Ariel: 13/15
Elder Treant: 3/8(has 2 dmg)

Bright blue eyes tore through the heavy mist and locked with his own, making him shift around. He wanted look away. Wanted avert his eyes, turn back and try again in the morning. He was too exhausted and drained to run or even put up much of a fight, and he knew it. Thinking quickly, he straightened himself up and breathed deeply through his nose, then exhaled slowly through his lips. "But she doesn't necessarily know it." He stood firmly and upright, casting aside all of the uncertainties that had arisen in his mind, letting his eyes steel over. "A killer thrives on fear and vulnerability, so let's not give her any of that to work with."

He stepped forward, stowing away his sword as a sign of good faith. "Somewhat of a risk, but considering how little damage my rapier can actually do at this point, putting it away at a time like speaks louder than anything I can say with a stab or a slash. " he reasoned. The sound of her violin unnerved him, but he did little in the way to show it, biting his tongue before finally speaking. "It's a little late to be playing a tune in a place like this, don't you think?"

Silently, he changed his mind about those eyes of hers. Though bright they were, something seemed to shroud them in darkness, only getting darker and darker the longer he stared into them. Still, he didn't drop his gaze.

Kosan was staying in the shadows of the trees , in the mist , his by the eyes of everyone.. He saw Mari turning to someone "Who the hell is that...?" he said to himself as he watched her playing her Violin again.. Then the player stepped out of the mist walking towards her.. "Tsk.. Stupid.. Does he wants to get himself killed or what.." he said to himself as he saw the player walking slowly.. "God..." He said as walked from behind the tree he was hiding..

"You..." he said as he put up his hood, he didn't liked to let other people see his hair.. He thought it was weird.. "don't go closer... She suffered a lot and she might do something rekless... So stop right there !" he said to the player he didn't knew.. "She w... Is my guild leader... So I know it.." he said as he was kind of scared.. Mari could end both of them .. And she was close to them .. But he knew she had at least a little bit of humanity left inside...

Out of the corner of his eye, Azide watched as another figure emerged from the mist. The player stood cloaked completely in black, making him blend in with the darkness around them, and Azide watched as he covered himself in his hood. Thinking it unwise to take his eyes off of the orange-named girl, he turned in a way that kept both of them in view. "Oh believe me, I wasn't planning on getting any closer. I just want to make sure that your friend over there and I have an understanding- is that clear?" He chuckled and shrugged to make light of the situation. "We're just making friendly conversation, and that's all there is to it."

He kept his eyes trained on the pair, but was especially careful not to let the girl leave his sights for more than the briefest moment. "Even if she were to make any sudden movements, I have the upper hand as long as I keep my guard up. After all, she has to get to me first." Worst case scenario, he'd have a fun little trip in those woods over there.

(Super quick super lame post before bed)

She watched, uncaring unmoving eyes - as though she were a predator - assessing it's prey. Of course, Mari wasn't exactly a predator, and the brown haired, brown eyed youth before her wasn't exactly her prey either. He seemed to step up - puffing out his chest as though such an action would sway Mari. Sway her from what exactly? Finally. The man spoke.

Mari, not skipping a beat with her tune replied. "It's a little late, to be wanderin' around the fields. Alone...." She paused, stopping her tune as she stepped forward, resting her bowstring under his chin. The unknown man stood taller than her, still she lifted his chin - so his gaze was downcast onto her. "Defenceless, shouldn't you be resting soundly in an inn hmmm?."

Mari stepped back, and was about to turn to head back in the forest; but she was distracted. His voice broke the static in the air, like a fly in a conference room; he whispered hushed warnings toward the other player. As though Mari weren't close enough to hear the two whisper. Really...it was juvenile. Kosan, Kosan of all people; he seemed to always be lurking around Mari.

"Were you about to say was?"  Mari asked cooly; allowing her violin to morph back into the sphere of symphony. She rolled it around in her hands; eyes darkening as they narrowed. Resting on Kosan. Nosy, bothersome Kosan. Barely a man, insisting on sticking his nose where it did not belong, despite countless warnings. Mari tilted her head, this time when speaking her words seeped with venom, unspoken threats. "My, my my...Do you have such little faith in me? Ko-sa-nnn~?" She asked - placing emphasis on his name as she slowly spelt it out.

"Don't..." Kosan said as he heard Mari asking him if he wanted to say was.. "Don't ask me that... I still don't know if I should remain in the guild or leave..." he said as he heard Mari asking him if she has such little faith in her.. Saying his name in a sweet , but dangerous tone .. "You know something Mari ?.. I actually liked you for some time.. You could say I loved you..I cared about you.. But you.. You changed Mari.. For some reasons I still care about you... But you don't , so slowly I will stop caring as well.. " he said as he took his hood off .. " [censored] it.."... He added as he realized what he said... "Stop playing sweet... Its just a [censored] act and I grew tired of stupid acts... Remember that day ? The day I fought Life for your sake ?.. You said you actually wanted to kill me... Go ahead ... Do it now." he added.. Soulless eyes watching her , waiting for a response..

The mob let out a horrible cry while it swinged its vines at Ariel's blade that pierced its face. The rapier got stuck in the trunk due to the force of the attack, so Ariel had to evade the incoming vines, while trying to extract the black blade. She remembered a strange movie that featured the legendary blade Excalibur, that warriors tried it to take out from the stone block. She chuckled at that comparison and continued to pull with all her might, but the rapier wouldn't budge. She accidentally took a glace at the face carved in the trunk, it had an awful pained expression. Ariel felt a little sorry for it and decided that once she extracted the sword she would give it a swift death.

ID: 7052  BD:4 MD:3

Elder Treant: 3/8

((Posting ahead Azide >.< Sorry! Ariel, are you joining the actual RP or are you just going to fight mobs? ))

"Don't?" Mari repeated, her brows furrowed. Dark eyes closing in on Kosan. "I need to ensure my guild doesn't falter. I am damned well within my rights." She hissed at him, "To ask if a member intends to leave, I am not going to bother with wish washy people within the guild."   Mari gave an annoyed 'Tch' sound and crossed her arms. Kosan was pushing boundaries quite a lot lately; and today, was no different than any other.

Mari took a step back - Giving Kosan room. Allowing him to speak. Mari wasn't one to just talk over others, despite how cold her outer appearance. Kosan admitted to liking, no loving Mari. Mari was shocked, to say the least. Her outer appearance didn't exactly show it. She stayed silent. Listening to him berate her;  threats of his affections and adorations waning. With a nimble motion he ripped off a charcoal hood to reveal snow white tendrils of hair - which danced about a face racked with pain. Her eyes lowered, he misinterpreted her words. 

There was a brief look of lament on her features, a slight downturn of her mouth - the aversion of her gaze...but that all disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. Of course she had changed, she had to kill her own daughter - she had one of the only people she trusted in this world betray her - and attempt to destroy her. She feared that even Alkor, was in cahoots with Life. Mari refused to let herself grow close to anyone. To trust anyone. 

And Kosan, was just pushing her further into that isolated hole deep within the caverns of her mind. "Playing sweet huh?" Mari asked. Raising her head to meet his empty gaze. "An act?  haha... her words were spoken in a cold tone, yet hints of remorse danced on the end of her sentence, sounds of a bitter laugh were forced through her soft lips.

"You think I've fallen so far?" She asked, "You think I'd kill you?" 

"I won't leave the guild... Not now at least.." Kosan said as he watched her , hearing her asking Kosan if he thinks she had fallen so much.. "No Mari... But.. I don't know anymore... I don't know if I should still " he stopped as he mumbled "love..." And continued.." you.. Still follow you in fire and in trouble.. But one thing is for sure.. My mind is destroyed.. The one I trusted the most and care about said that she actually wants to kill me.. Thats the reason I still don't know what to do anymore...I've thought about just ... Dying... " he said as his face turned red a little..."So that's that... I.. I apologize for being such a dummy... For growing fond of you and everything..." He said as he put up his hood again, and started walking away slowly.

((No problem at all Mari!))

He stood unflinching as the girl slowly approached him, and even still as she lifted his chin with her slender bowstring. A chill crept down his spine, then quickly spread throughout his entire body, leaving him feeling cold and breathless. He could only hope she didn't notice the faintest bit of drain from his face. "Now isn't the time to back down," he thought. He stared her down, simply unwilling to give her any inch of victory, or project even an ounce of vulnerability. "Still, that man over there wouldn't let her kill me just like that, would he?" He let his chin fall back to its natural position as the girl drew back, seemingly ready to return to dark forest just like that. "Just like that, huh? After she's completely out of sight, I think I'll be content with heading back to town for the night," He briefly glanced at his health bar to see if it had dropped at all as a result of the encounter. Thankfully, it had not. He sighed quietly to himself, and started thinking about all the different return routes he could take, and how much sleep he could get if he were to start walking back now.

Suddenly, the girl stopped in her tracks as the voice of the hooded reached her ears. He listened to the two of them exchange verbal blows and for a moment, he thought he'd become invisible and briefly considered taking his leave as they were preoccupied. He shook his head. "No, I can't exactly guarantee that I won't run into any more trouble tonight. It'd be better if I could travel with that hoodlum standing over there," He watched as the man tore off his hood, revealing the white locks underneath. Still, he waiting for his chance. 'They may know each other, but I get the feeling I can play them off of each other if need be, " he thought. Finally, he watched as the man turned and began walking off. "Hey," he called out, speaking for what'd been the first time in a while. "You over there, with the hood and the big black scary armor." He waited for the man to either stop or acknowledge him. "You seem like you have some misgivings about your friend over there," he added, slowly making his way towards the man. He shot a glance back at the pink-haired girl.

"Something in her is starting to give," he thought, recognizing the slightest hint of something more which shadowed her words. Up until now, she'd been fairly straightforward in her speech, but now she seemed to be holding back somehow. He could hear it lingering on the end of certain words, and perhaps if he knew where to look, he might even be able to see it in her eyes. "But I don't necessarily want to play that up right now," he thought. He had to admit that though the girl seemed to be a danger, she was at least a stable one.

Finally, he reached the white-haired man in black, setting a hand upon his shoulder. "Whatever misgivings any of us might have," he turned to look at the girl again, "nobody's kill anybody tonight. Isn't that right, Kosan?"

Kosan heard the other player talk.."Don't come near..." He said to himself as the player could hear his thoughts... "Don't come near me.. Just don't..." He added , still speaking with himself.. He could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer.. "Don't touch me... Don't catch up... Don't speak with me... DON'T..." He said to himself again as he felt the hand of the player placed on his shoulder... "Don't ask me things ,..." He said to himself as the player spoke to him... "The f**k do you want...? Don't use my name like we are friends...Don't talk with me , don't follow me .. I ... Am scared of myself right now... I don't want you to get hurt.... " he said to the player as he got his sword out and placed it on his shoulder asking him.."careful with your words now... what the f**k do you want....? I don't know that girl... She is not Mari I f**king knew.... She looks like her , sings like her , speaks like her , but that's not her... I don't know her.." He said as small tears came into his eyes while the sword basically falled and hit the ground ..Like he falled on knees... Looking at the ground he said to the player.."Get the f**k out of my sight..."

She desperately tried to retrieve her rapier, it was like in the movie. "Is that even possible in this game, for a mob to disarm you?" As it wasn't enough that the mist was so thick you could barely see 10 meters in front of you, the ground and the grass were wet as well. Ariel tried with one leg, to push the mob as she pulled the blade, that attempt ended up in failure. On top of not being able to retrieve the blade she slipped and feel backwards, landing on the wet grass. "auch... It appears so, hope that thing doesn't damage the blade to much" she said to herself while watching the mob swinging its vines desperately at the blade, lucky for her it didn't paid Ariel much attention or she would be in danger in that position.

ID: 7131 BD:5 MD:4

Elder Treant: 3/8

((I'll rp..just had to give my char a motive for being in a misty forrest by herself...that's all..the dice gods are mocking me:((

Mari didn't have any words for him as he said he wouldn't leave the guild, he continued - to say that he was no longer sure if he should care about her. Love her. Not just her, but anyone for that matter. He didn't say those exact words, but the strain in his voice, the absolute heartbreak. The way his brows creased and the emotions reflected in his eyes. Mari had experienced it all before - as she had her child taken from her. Again, he lingered on the fact that she said she wanted to kill him. "You misinterpret my words, Kosan." Mari said cooly; but it was as though her words fell on deaf ears, he pulled his hood up and walked away. 

Mari wasn't going to chase him. Why would she? 

It seemed that the brown haired and eyed youth chose to follow Kosan, as he didn't offer her a word but simply turned and ran after her guild member.  Mari watched, as the two exchanged words - and was going to leave them be, but she found her feet moving forward without her intending them so - as Kosan's condition quickly began to deteriorate. She noticed his angered words - his shaken voice. His threats. 

Mari wordlessly grabbed the stranger by his shoulder- a youth Mari didn't know. The irony, how he was so afraid of her, so wary and ready to run from her - and yet here Mari was- pulling him back behind her, and placing herself between the two. Using herself as a blockade. 

"Stop." Mari said to Kosan, dark eyes staring him down. Challenging him to attack her. Attack the decrepit form that he so readily denounced, Kosan lost to his anger fell to his knees. His body shaking and heaving with depression and agony - but she didn't offer him any consolidation. That was not her place. Not when he saw her as a beast.

"Are you done?"

"Are you... ?" He asked her still looking at the ground.."Are you done... Will ..will you be your old self...?" He asked her as he grabbed the handle of his sword... Putting it back to its sheath as soon as he got up..."You think I felt so far.. Transforming into a beast... Killin...him?.. Nah.. I just wanted to see your reaction... Seems you think I am just mad now.. I wouldn't say I am not tho..." He said as he watched Mari in the eyes , his voice shakening.. "Mari , you ... You changed... If it wasn't for this player you wouldve just let me walk away...wouldn't you..?.. Are we ... Not friends anymore Mari...?" He asked her as a small tear came down his cheek.. "Sorry Mari..." He said as he just stayed there , watching at her...

"Hey brown hair... Sorry.. For threatening you..." He said as he smiled at him..."Sorry..." He added , voice still shakening from earlier..

L stretched widely giving out a soft yawn as the light from the sky poured out onto the bed of the 2nd floor inn he had stayed overnight at. His messy dark chocolate hair fell lazily in front of his face as he hung his head in his hands. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen Mari, the only remnants of her laid in a toxic message and a memory he convinced himself of being a nightmare. He had all but gotten rid of what was left of his somewhat dark past, the small fragments he had learnt from Kosan played in his mind like an audio puzzle he couldn't piece together. The crude machete reeking of blood was long gone, the dark husk of his hungering humming arm guards replaced with a more respectable replacement. He no longer felt like he had risen from the dead, he just felt as though it was just another ordinary day. His lack of remembrance of the past didn't seem to affect him as much as it probably should. Perhaps it had just been to long, it was almost as if any troubles he had where long gone. He looked outside the window, the light blinding him for a moment before revealing a beautiful village and singing birds soaring high in the sky. Yes, perhaps it was just.. to long since he had been troubled.

He equipped his new sea blue armour and picked up his Katana, he would need much more training if he wanted to be effective with it. He trotted down the stairs and waved to the inn keeper before bolting out the door, he took a deep inhale of the fresh air, it was a rather beautiful day to say the least. "Hmm, i think the best place to train this thing would be on the third floor. I can try with that hidden boss, shouldn't be too difficult for me" He yawned again placing his palm in front of his mouth seemingly still half asleep and began to walk carelessly towards the warp gate. "Floor 3~" Floor 3 was a rather melancholy floor, he didn't know why some players liked to spend most of their time grinding there, if anything it was just a tedious time to walk to the main village to buy materials. However he wasn't one to talk, he was here for the same reason as everyone else, but for good reason, once he had enough skill with the Katana to take on stronger opponents he would.

He tried to remember the location of the hidden boss, if he remembered correctly it should be somewhere around the ruins scattered in the mist covered forest. He walked for a few hours into it and if he wasn't mistaken, he could hear the faint song of a song of agony. It was quite unsettling, along with the apparent cries of the forest. It was for that reason he preferred to keep his farming on this floor in underground ruins, the constant piecemeal somber calls could slowly drive anyone insane. He stopped in his tracks, the sound of the instrument sounded awfully familiar, like a ripple of the past coursing through the depths of his subconscious. He couldn't pin point the cause of this disharmony beckoning in the back of his mind but he felt as though if he where to stay inside the forest for much longer, something would come to get him. He made a move to get into the upper canopy of the trees, another move witch felt all too familiar. A voice called inside his head "Lit-tle black bird~" It was a faint memory of Mari.. is that where, the sound was coming from?

The music suddenly died out, but he rushed through the trees to the last location where he thought he had heard it from, a snap of branches could be heard as well as the sudden rage of a male. Things seemed to quickly progress and he soon found the source of all the commotion, his heart sinking at the appearance of the 'new' Mari. He almost didn't want to believe it. He sat down on the thick branch, quickly hiding himself from their view. Why out of all times, did he have to run into a gathering like this? Kosan still seemed heartbroken by what Mari had become, and L understood, because he too, felt the same way. He shook his head, if he dropped down, there was no doubt things would get messy, it was probably best for him to stay out of this for awhile. He watched Mari as she mocked Kosan, it was disheartening, he all but had crumbled, apologising to some random low levelled player he hadn't seen before. This was a mess, it wasn't right at all, he needed to fix things, and make things right. 

He jumped down from the trees above landing behind Kosan with a soft thud. He shook his head and simply said "Mari isn't the only one who has lost herself, Kosan." He gave a slight glance at him, hinting him to take a look at how he had fallen along with Mari. L of course, was also at a loss from the whole thing. "I think it's fair to say we're all victims, none of this should have happened, but it did." He took a slight pause to gather his thoughts, he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. Though he evidently and visibly had changed into a completely different person now. "With the gaping hole of memory I'm missing, I'm not going to pretend like i know what you went through or what i did to you. All i can say is that i can feel it.. you're still the person i knew. I don't care how much you think you've changed, you still have the same beating heart of that sassy carefree woman i met all too long ago. I don't want you to continue living in self hate, it's not what you deserve. I want my friend back" He hoped his words would get through to her, no matter how pathetic they seemed. His voice was unwavering and firm, he was all too serious about wanting his friend back. 

(Got permission from Life to do this; don’t worry  Mari won’t actually kill him. :P  I don't actually want anyone to die in this thread, meep  )

Mari didn’t show Kosan any form of compassion, when she spoke her voice was void, dull, “I would have let you walk away. Why would  I follow you? You’re being a dramatic brat.”

Mari had more to say, but with a flutter of cloth – he appeared.

He spoke, but the youth’s words were static, white noise to Mari. Such heartfelt and meaningful words fell on deaf ears. Life’s appearance caused something in Mari to snap. She had been composed up until now; showed restraint, she had stopped Kosan from attacking the new player. Yet everything had changed, her stoic expression turned into one of shock, before twisting into something more menacing.

He looked different, complacent, at peace. Life looked normal; reminiscent of the Life Mari had first met. That just seemed to egg on the seething rage that had burst within her. A small voice in Mari’s head told her to kill him, to rip him apart. Tear him to shreds.

Mari lunged at him – legs wrapping around his waist as she pushed him into the ground. Driving her dagger deep into his chest. Her body heaved with a fit of low giggles, “finally…” she muttered in a shaky voice. “Finally…finally..aha…fina-hahaha..ly.” She left the dagger in his chest as her hands slowly let go, shifting to caress Life’s shoulders as she pressed her lips to his ears, mimicking the actions that he had done to her once.

“You won’t die here.” She whispered, “I’ll follow you, torture you, drive you mad, and watch you hurl yourself off the edge of Aincrad. You’re too dirty to kill. Even for one as debased and wanton as I.” She hissed, hands clawing into his chest.

“After all, that’s what a monster does.”

That voice in her head seemed to grow louder, erratic, estatic repeating the words over and over again ‘kill him, kill him KiLl Him KILL HiM.’  Mari sat upright, throwing her head back to erupt into a fit of laughter, strained tears streaking down her cheeks, her chest felt as it was on fire. A part of her never wanted to hurt life, never wanted to hurt anyone, but he..

Everything he did…

Everything…

Mari gripped her sides, wrapping her arms around her waist. Still on top of her former friend, who was pinned beneath her. “Aren’t you ProUD of Me!?….” She mumbled between forced laughter. “You Wahah.. aha This…didn’t You!? DIDN’T YOU?..YouRe a LIAR!!” Mari screamed, as more angered tears fell from her face, falling onto Life’s cheeks as her body tilted forward. Mari grabbed hold of his shirt and picked him up, to slam his body to the ground. “LIAR!” She did it again, “LIAR!” and again, every time her voice becoming more shrill, and erratic. “LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!”