[F1-Shop] Navarre Lab of Alchemic Research [Currently Closed]

Welcome to the Navarre Lab of Alchemic Research!

At the very edge of town sits an old building built of brick. At a glance, however, one might mistake the building as one of more recent construction. The building is painted evenly in white, giving it a more modern vibe, while its blue-tinted windows perpetually appear as if they'd just been washed. Black lettering at the top names the place as the "Navarre Lab of Alchemic Research". A blue-gray door sits towards the right of the storefront, while a sliding window situated in the back looks out towards the forest.

Inside as you look around, you notice the floor is tiled using a slick white material, likely with the purpose of making spills more manageable. One of the two sidewalls is covered completely by an expansive bookshelf, with only a few volumes missing their from spots. Rows of countertops run parallel to the front entrance in two columns, with each containing glassware of all sorts on their surfaces. If one were to open the labeled drawers of each counter, one would find various materials squirreled away. Finally, at the front sits a white reception desk which wraps around, opening at the side. At this desk sits Azide, resident alchemist.

Alchemist Rank: 6

Exp: (602/640)

Crafts Per Day: 7

Materials: 0

Rank 6 and Mentor Alchemist: 7 crafts a day

[1] = Critical failure (Lose materials)

[2-3] = Bad item (Possible to salvage items on a 15+ loot die result)

[4-7] = Good item

[8-9] = Uncommon item (1 enhancement slot)

[10-11] = Rare item (2 enhancement slots)

[12] = Perfect item (3 enhancement slots)

Inventory Log:

3-26-15: -2 Materials || New total: 0

3-25-15: -7 Materials || New total: 2

3-24-15: -2 Materials || New total: 9

3-23-15: -7 Materials || New total: 11

3-22-15: +17 Materials || New total: 18

3-17-15: -7 Materials || New total: 1

3-11-15: -7 Materials || New total: 8

3-11-15: +1 Material || New total: 15

2-26-15: -7 Materials|| New total: 14

2-26-15: +5 Materials|| New total: 21

2-25-15: -7 Materials || New total: 16

2-24-15: +12 Materials || New total: 23

2-24-15: -7 Materials || New total: 11

2-23-15: -6 Materials || New total: 18

2-22-15: -6 Materials || New total: 24

2-21-15: -6 Materials || New total: 30

2-20-15: +1 Materials || New total: 36

2-20-15: -6 Materials || New total: 35

2-19-15: +12 Materials || New total: 41

2-19-15: -6 Materials || New total: 29

2-18-15: -5 Materials || New total: 35

2-17-15: +18 Materials || New total: 40

2-17-15: -5 Materials || New total: 22

2-16-15: -5 Materials || New total: 27

2-14:15: -5 Materials || New total: 32

2-13-15: +21 Materials || New total: 37

2-12-15: -4 Materials || New total: 16

2-11-15: -4 Materials || New total: 20

2-10-15: +17 Materials|| New total: 24

2-10-15: +2 Materials || New total: 7

2-10-15: -4 Materials || New total: 5

2-09-15: -4 Materials || New total: 9

2-08-15: +1 Materials || New total: 13

2-08-15: -1 Materials || New total: 12

2-08-15: -3 Materials || New total: 13

2-07-15: -3 Materials || New total: 16

2-06-15: +8 Materials || New total: 19

2-06-15: -3 Materials || New total: 11

2-05-15: +5 Materials || New total: 14

2-05-15: -2 Materials || New total: 9

2-05-15: +2 Materials || New total: 11

2-04-15: -2 Materials || New total: 9

2-03-15: -12 Materials || New total: 11

2-03-15: +8 Materials || New total: 23

2-03-15: -2 Materials || New total: 15

2-02-15: +4 Materials || New total: 17

2-02-15: -2 Materials || New total: 13

2-01-15: -2 Materials || New total: 15

1-31-15: +1 Materials || New total: 17

1-31-15: +2 Materials || New total: 16

1-31-15: -2 Materials || New total: 14

1-30-15: -6 Materials || New total: 16

1-30-15: -2 Materials || New total: 22

Square One Guild Storage:

» Item: Greyscale Armor

Type: Light Metal Armor

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +2 Damage Mitigation, +1 Thorns

Description: A grey armor which protects its user from serious harm and also returns damage whenever its user tries to clash with enemies.

» Item: Green Leather Battle Coat

Type: Light Armor

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancements: +1 Evasion

Description: A dark green leather coat light enough to afford its wearer a high range of movement, keeping them both swift and agile.

» Item: Cleated Boots

Type: Boots

Enhancement: +1 Thorns

Description: A pair of rugged boots that've been cleated, leaving quite the impression on whomever attacks their wearer.

Edited by Azide
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azide rubbed his gloved hands together. "These aren't quite the same as the sterile latex gloves I preferred, but they'll have to do for now. Although they do happen to give a boost to accuracy..." He wondered if the extra precision would help his synthesis in this case. He shrugged, deciding it was unlikely. "Still, can't hurt to have some protection in case what I end up making tries to burn me." He walked walked over to one of the countertops and reached down to pull out two of the drawers, then fished out a few materials from each. Closing them gently, Azide then proceeded to carefully open a vial he'd procured and tipped about half of its contents into a flask, then added the rest of its contents to a second flask nearby. Afterwards, he carefully measured out a bit of powder from a bottle he'd opened, then spooned it carefully into each flask. "Damn it, I used to much," he realized, shaking his head. He swirled each mixture around before holding each up in front of his eyes. "Cloudy," he muttered. "No good. But I might be able to reverse the reaction and, and at the very least, recover some material."

ID: 7979

CD: 6 (Bad)

-1 Mat (50% chance to salvage)

+1 Exp

ID: 7981

CD: 5 (Bad)

-1 Mat (50% chance to salvage)

+1 Exp

Azide attempted to filter the first of the two subpar products, unsure of whether his mixture was heterogenous or homogeneous. He let it sit and seep through the filter paper, while in the case of the second product, he attempted to add in another ingredient which might unbind the first two he'd added. This was in case the mixture was indeed bonded at the molecular level. "Then again, I'm not sure a computer scientist would go through the trouble of enabling chemical laws in a videogame world like this." In both cases, however, the two mixtures refused to separate into their original constituents. He sighed, then cleaned up the mess and went to pour out the mixtures in the back sink, then set the flasks back on the countertop. "I'll just have to try again in the morning," he thought, heading out of the shop to continue his errands for the day.

ID: 7988

CD: 1 (Failed to salvage)

ID: 7989

CD: 2 (Failed to salvage)

(I see under construction but not closed so I assume it's open)

Finally, a shop on the outskirts of town, away from the Safezone. Away from the town. not only was it a shop, but an alchemist shop. Mari was in need of one for quite some time. She entered the store paying little attention to it's details.

Placing two large sacks on the counter, one containing Col, the other Materials. Mari was not going to leave here till she had what she wanted.

She tapped her fingers on the white countertop, impatient.

"I need health crystals. The more, the better. Can you do that?"

Azide shifted his eyes around, noticing he was surrounded by white. "What the hell? How did I even get here? Could've sworn I left a while ago," he though, shaking his head. He cradled his it gently in his hand, propping his elbow against the table in front of him. "Ah well, that's not too important. Better here than a boss room or something." Just then, a player stepped into the lab. It took him a moment to recognize her, but the orange crystal served to refresh his memory. "Looks like it's that Mari girl from before. Wonder if she's mellowed out a bit since then? It doesn't matter anyways. The desk I sit behind is located at the very edge of the safe zone." The alchemist might have wished to do business with orange players, but he certainly couldn't trust them even half as far as he could throw them. She made her way wordlessly to the front desk and set down two sacks on the countertop, seemingly in some sort of hurry.

Azide snapped himself out of his daze. The counter in front of him contained two potions he vaguely remembered whipping up earlier. He had a few recollections of mixing together a few ingredients he'd pulled from the drawers in a similar manner to the day before, but they didn't seem to have been of very high quality. "At the moment I'm afraid I have no crystals to offer you. The place is still rather new, so I haven't yet been able to build up any stock. I hadn't been expecting to see anyone yet, but I figure I probably forgot to hang up the note I wrote, didn't it?" He shook his head. "In any case, we won't be open here until I have time to build up some stock. But in the meantime, I wish you luck in finding another source, Mari."

ID: 8056
CD: 7 (Bad)
-1 Mat
+1 Exp

ID: 8057
CD: 2 (Failed)
-1 Mat
+1 Exp

As the alchemist spoke with the his client, he figured he might has well fiddle around with the lower quality potion he'd whipped up. "It's not quite good, but it's not completely beyond hope of saving either. It's at least worth a try, for the sake of conserving materials." He tried a combination of reverse reactions with a few powders he had beneath the counter, watching on with satisfaction as the ingredients began to separate. After he finished speaking, he strained and separated the solids from the liquid and laid it to to dry. "Well, looks like it wasn't all bad," he thought.

ID: 8098
CD: 10 (1 material salvaged)
+1 material

Azide walked over the one of several countertops in the lab and pulled open a drawer. Stooping down a bit, he reached around inside and pulled out a corked vial and a thin packet of powder. He repeated the process he'd carried out the previous day, adding first the liquid, followed by a measured amount of powder into each vial. This time, however, he experimented with using differing proportions from the previous day, in hopes of escaping the failures that seemed to loom over the laboratory like a heavy cloud. As he swirled them around, the first of the two concoctions clouded over, while the second simply caused a small explosion. Thankfully, however, he hand plenty of flasks to replace what had been broken. He shook his head and began to clean up the mess, setting the lower quality potion on another countertop. "Maybe I should start taking this as a sign of the differences between chemistry and alchemy. Ah well." Afterwards, he began jotting down a record of his techniques and their results. "These efforts will not be in vain. They'll contribute to the furthered understanding of alchemy in this world."

ID: 8144

CD: 5 (Bad)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

ID: 8145

CD: 3 (Fail)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

I entered Azide's quack shop, knowing he was bound to be in here if he wasn't doing anything related to Square One. The guy had a drive, that was for sure, but after hearing about all the explosions going on here, I figured he might need a little chat. I walked up to the countertop that he had just left, watching as he performed yet another of the infamous experiments of his. The look of disappointment with the dull mixture within the first glass showed signs of a failure, while the second fulfilled the rumours that I had heard about, "I'm sorry, I believe I've stumbled across the wrong business. This is the Navarre Lab of Explosives Research, I'm looking for the Lab of Alchemic Research." I knew he had enough sense to know it was a joke, but with his failures, I wasn't sure if he would take it as intended.

He heard the gentle creak of the door as somebody stepped inside unannounced, followed by a rather sarcastic comment. "What can I say? You can't rush genius," remarked Azide. He hadn't lifted his eyes from his notebook, but he did happen to recognize the distinctive voice of Square One's youngest member. With a few more strokes of his pen, he wrapped up his records and observations from the day's experiments, then set the book onto his desk, to be shelved after his guest had left. "Although I have to say, Aincrad could certainly benefit from an explosives business. If it ends up turning out that way, I'll be sure to cut you in." He placed both of his palms against the table and turned his attention to Lucifer. "So, what brings you to my humble abode? Come to sing praises of my greatness, perhaps?"

After consulting the notes he'd taken from the previous days, Azide decided it was once again time to tackle the synthesis of usable potions and other such items. "Assuming my ideas are correct, I might be onto something here. The technique is obviously still experimental and hypothetical, but I'd like to think it just might get results." He ground up the first component of his mixture using a mortal and pestle, then added a precise amount of the resulting powder into a vial that had be pre-filled with the needed amount of liquid. He stirred the solution slowly using a small glass dowel, then removed the stick after finding the mixture to be sufficiently uniform. He corked the vial before repeating the same process a second time. Holding the mixtures up, he found the results to be sufficiently clear. "Their success will lend a hand in my attempts at tackling a more complex potion at a later time." He returned any unused materials back to their respective cupboards and draws, washed up, then set the two vials onto a small rack.

ID: 8261

CD: 8 (Good)

-1 Mat

+2 Exp

+1 Good potion

Name: Alternative Health Potion

Type: Potion

Quality: Good

Effects: This potion is completely useless. But hey, it's organic and all natural.

Description: Hey man, watch out for Big-Alche! They're like, totally poisoning your body with those harsh chemicals. Take some of this, man. It's like, all natural, and will totally make you feel better.

ID: 8262

-1 Mat

+2 Exp

+1 Good potion

Name: Potion of Positive Thinking

Effects: The placebo effect.

Description: This totally isn't Aincrad's equivalent of a sugar pill- nope. Take this and you can do whatever you set your mind to. (Citation needed.)

Azide picked up the flask containing the clouded solution from the previous day. "It's not necessarily beyond saving. It's very possible that I could reverse this reaction and separate the two reactants. Normally that'd be more trouble than it's worth, but I don't exactly have the limitless resources I'm used to working with..." His mind wandered back, and for a moment, he a wide-eyed intern working at a research lab. It wasn't quite as prestigious of a laboratory as some of the bigger and flashier names, but it'd been a promising start-up led by a bright former professor of his. "I wonder how they're doing? Probably just fine..." With that thought, he let the solution drip through a cone of filter paper rolled up inside of a funnel, then went to finish up another chapter of one of his alchemy texts. About twenty or so minutes later, he returned, only to discover a lack of any solids filtered out by the paper. He sighed, then went to pour out the solution and clean up. "Ah well, maybe next time."

ID: 8228

CD: 6 (Failed to salvage)

"Another day another dollar," muttered Azide as he forced himself out of bed. On second thought, he didn't think the mat he'd place on the back room floor could actually be called a bed. He also wondered if he should've left a bit more room back here to include the room for such a thing, instead of allocating the vast majority of it to countertops and such in the main room, but quickly reaffirmed his decision. "That would be a grievous mistake for someone who's been getting about four hours every day." He changed into his normal attire, then walked out front in order to try his luck once more. After briefly consulting his notes, he'd refined his ratios and proportions a bit until reaching what seemed to point towards positive results. After pulling out two flasks, he carefully mixed each solution together thoroughly, but for a while nothing seemed to happen. "Huh, that's strange..." he thought, having expected a bit more. Suddenly, both concoctions exploded one after another, pelting him with hundreds of tiny shards of glass. He'd reflexively shielded himself with his arms, letting his armor absorb most of the damage. One particular piece, however, managed to fly straight into his eye, but thankfully exploded into a burst of data upon making contact. He covered said eye with his hand, grimacing. "God, I hate this so much."

ID: 8415

MD: 9 (Crit +1)

CD: 1 (Failed)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

ID: 8416

MD: 2 (Miss)

CD: 1 (Failed)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

Damage taken (Azide) = 1 (Base) + 1 (Crit +1) - 2 (Mitigation +2) = 1 (Min)

Azide HP: 21/22 (-1)

"The early bird catches the worm," thought Azide. It was still dark outside, which left him with plenty of time to knock out a few trials in the morning before leaving to attend to other business. After equipping his standard wares, he yawned and walked into the main lab, then promptly went to work. Setting aside two flasks, he filled each with some liquid he poured delicately from a nearby beaker. In the first, he decided to change his approach yet again, and dropped a tiny piece of crystal into the liquid. "Going by how this works in real life, it should in theory, act as an anchor and encourage the growth of a crystal structure." Deciding to play it safe with his second experiment, he stuck with a revised version of the procedure he'd been using up until now. After slipping a touch of finely ground powder into the second flask, he ducked underneath the countertop and covered his head. A moment went by, followed by another. "Well, the lack of explosiveness is probably a good sign." Azide peeked his head up, surprised to see that a small green crystal had indeed formed the flask. He picked use a pair of tweezers to gently lift the crystal out of its glass container, then placed it next to the rack containing the two other potions he'd synthesized the other day. He turned his attention back to the other mixture, then remembered he'd forgotten to swirl it around. A few moments went by after this had been remedied. Then, of course, it blew up. "I suppose I can't have it *too* good around here."

ID: 8545

CD: 11 (Rare)

-1 Mat

+5 Exp

Name: Health Crystal

Type: Crystal

Quality: Rare

Effects: Instantly heals 10 HP.

Description: A higher quality healing crystal synthesized at the Navarre Lab of Alchemic Research.

ID: 8546

CD: 3 (Failed)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

Azide stepped into the lab and slipped on his gloves. "Still not the specialized variety, but at least they help with the whole glass-explosion problem I've been having lately." He took out the glassware and materials, as was his morning routine these days, then set them out on the countertop. He mixed together the materials in each flask, was impaled by a large shard of glass that pierced his armor, then stepped out. "Well, looks I'm done here for the day." He fished out the shard from his chest and tossed it behind him, where it shattered before vanishing completely. "I'll clean up the mess later."

ID: 8683

CD: 2 (Fail)

MD: 10 (Crit+ 2)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

ID: 8684

MD: 2 (Miss)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

Damage taken (Azide) = 1 (Base) + 2 (Crit +2) - 2 (Mitigation) = 1

Azide HP: 21/22 (-1)

Once again, Azide found himself standing within the confines of his lab, ready for another day of failures. Likely of the explosive variety. "Maybe it's time I take on the mantle of arms manufacturer." Anyhow, for some odd reason he felt as if he'd gained enough experience to justify running three simultaneous trials today. "Why am I even doing this? I suck at alchemy," he found himself wondering. If you needed someone to whip up any sort of chemical product, Nouel was the man you'd want working in your lab. However, if you wanted some sort of alchemical concoction, you'd probably want Azide to stay at least a hundred feet away from that lab.

Setting aside the appropriate materials and glassware, he mixed three solutions together and stirred them each. He watched as the first turned clouded, but was not an outright failure. The second actually stayed clear, but that'd likely been because he'd gone horribly wrong somewhere in the process. "God, this is just plain water. Ah well, someone will buy it with the right marketing." He set the liquid aside, then stared at the final potion. "No exploding today. That got old a few crafts ago." Sure enough, the failed potion in fact, did not explode. He cleaned up the lab, then set out to continue his day, noting to come back and attempt to salvage the clouded potion at a later time.

ID: 8915

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

ID: 8916

-1 Mat

+2 Exp

Name: Hydration Potion

Effects: Identical to consuming water.

Description: Feeling a thirst that just can't be quenched? Well end that dry-spell with a hydration potion. Sure, it might look and taste exactly like water, but that's because it is! Therefore, no additives! That's the beautify of it.

ID: 8917

CD: 6 (Bad)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp

Xanward walked into the store. He had been told that their guild storage resided within. It was a strange sort of building, but beautiful and intricate in its own way. Xanward stood by the reception counter, waiting for someone to show up. Azide had warned that he may be working if Xanward arrived, but he had received that message hours ago. Who was to say that Azide was even still here? "Hello? It's Xanward. I'm finally here," He called out.

Azide stepped out from the back room, holding a chest in his hands. "Hey there Xanward! Forgive me for the cliche, but I've been expecting you," he said with a chuckle. He walked over to one of the counter tops and set the container down on the table closest to his visitor, then gestured him over. "Technically this place is still closed right now, but it's always open to members of Square One, for guild purposes at least. Since we currently don't have a permanent base, I thought I'd temporarily house our storage in the back." He selected the chest, then examined its contents using the game's interface. Reading a prior message from their conversations, Azide selected two of the items in particular. "I believe these are the two items you were interested in, correct?" he asked, transferring the two pieces of equipment to his guild mate. A window opened up in front of the other player, displaying said items, along with a dialogue asking if he'd like to accept them.

» Item: Statistical Anomalies
Type:Gloves
Enhancements: +1 Accuracy
Description A pair of leather gloves that grant their wearer slightly-above-average precision.

» Item: Divine Protector
Type: Light armor
Enhancements: +2 Damage Mitigation
Description : A set of armor crafted in honor of a long forgotten god. Said to afford its wearer a significant amount of protection from the elements.

-Statistical Anomalies (To Xanward)
-Divine Protector (To Xanward)

(OOC: You can just accept them and edit them into your journal after your response, instead of waiting for me to follow up, although I'll end up doing that too!)

Xanward was pleased when Azide stepped out of the backroom with a chest in his hands. He chuckled at the cliche. The only way he would be more amused is if Azide had a large chair and had rotated around to greet him when he walked into the shop. Xanward made a mental note. Large chair for shop...

Xanward looked at the window that appeared before him:

Trade Initiated:

You Offer:

They Offer:

» Item: Statistical Anomalies
Type:Gloves
Enhancements: +1 Accuracy
Description A pair of leather gloves that grant their wearer slightly-above-average precision.

» Item: Divine Protector
Type: Light armor
Enhancements: +2 Damage Mitigation
Description : A set of armor crafted in honor of a long forgotten god. Said to afford its wearer a significant amount of protection from the elements.

Accept | Modify | Decline

Xanward pressed accept, and the system made a satisfied dinging noise. He scrolled through his inventory and selected the items. They appeared on him, and he turned around, making a noise of satisfaction. "This is much better than trying to fight unequip and unprepared.Thank you for giving them to me!"

Xanward smiled at Azide. "When I get things in order, I should be opening an artisan shop. Perhaps I can return the favor to the guild then. It is the least I can do for this kindness."

He admired his new items once again, before looking around and remembering himself. "I fear I should let you return to work. There is probably much to do before you can open. If I can be of any help, just let me know. Okay?"

The trade window soon disappeared, and within moments, the newly traded equipment appeared suddenly on Xanward. Azide brought a hand up to his chin and nodded in approval. "Looks good, Xanward!" He laughed, closing the chest. "No problem at all, Xanward. It's the least we can do to get you started. But in any case, I look forward to the opening of your shop, and I'm sure many others in Aincrad feel the same way." He leaned his elbow against the counter top, then rested his head against his fist. "There's definitely much to be done, that's for sure. Namely, actual potions." He grinned, gesturing towards the mostly-empty rack of completed concoctions. "But if I need any help, you'll be the first to know."

Setting aside three the supplies for three potions yet again, Azide found himself greeted by a somewhat successful batch this time around. After he'd ground up a bit of dry material in his mortal and pestle, he'd went on to mix three varying proportions of the powder with a liquid he'd poured out of a beaker. To his pleasant surprise, this had produced for him his second crystal, as well as a potion of acceptable quality. Although the crystal wasn't quite as green or brilliant as the prior one, it would still serve its purpose as a healing tool. The potion ended up a dark shade of red. "Maroon, perhaps." It wouldn't be doing anything revolutionary, but he transferred it to a vial and added it to his rack of successful potions anyway. The final mixture was a complete failure, and ended up being a deep black, resembling motor oil. He cleaned up for the day, disposing of the failed experiment, then set off for the day's errands. "Not bad, Nouel."

ID: 9100

CD: 10 (Uncommon)

-1 Mat

+3 Exp

Name: Minor Health Crystal

Type: Crystal

Effects: Instantly heals 5 HP.

Description: A basic healing crystal synthesized at the Navarre Lab of Alchemic Research.

ID: 9101

-1 Mat

+2 Exp

Name: Evil Eyes Potion

Effects: Changes a user's eye color to red for exactly 24 hours.

Description: The whole red eye thing definitely isn't a side-effect we discovered through testing, nope. It was always intended as the primary purpose of this potion.

ID: 9102

CD: 2 (Fail)

-1 Mat

+1 Exp