[F1-Shop] Navarre Lab of Alchemic Research [Currently Closed]

Azide wiped groggily at his eyes, barely clutching out a victory in the constant battle to keep them open. "Wait a minute, I'm not supposed to have any customers- my store isn't even open," he remembered. And what was he even doing here? He hadn't set foot into the lab for months, not even after his return to activeness. As his eyes adjusted to the fading light, the so-called 'customer' came into focus.

Realizing that it was Rebekah, he quickly straightened up in his seat and straightened a nearby stack of papers. "Oh hey, I wasn't expecting one over today- maybe because I didn't think I'd be here, but apparently I am." Clearing his throat, he shifted his eyes over to the bunch of health crystals cradled in her arms. 

"Oh, no- no, no. We're just about to head into another boss fight! It'd be pointless to take these now and give them back later, so I'd really prefer if you just held onto them for now, honest. On the other hand, I can look into the damage increasing crystals just as soon as I finish up with a few chores."

Edited by Azide
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Rebekah waited by the front, he grabbed a broom from the back room and swept the floors of the lab up and down with surgical precision. By the time he'd finished tidying up, one would be hard pressed to find a speck or spot which hadn't been placed there intentionally. "I usually don't have company over while I work," said Azide, slipping on his crafting gloves. He stepped up to the counter and set aside a combination of seven beakers and flasks, then pulled open several drawers from a nearby cabinet. "But I'll make an exception, in this case."

For a while, little more was said as Azide focused his attention primarily on alchemy, albeit with occasional glances at the lab's only other occupant. He hoped he'd been discreet. But as for the crafting itself, there was a definite feeling of rustiness- it had been a long time since he'd been at the alchemical business, and it showed somewhat in his final results. 

Of the seven trials, one had produced a flawless crystal, while a second and third had produced two crystals of increasingly lower quality. If things had stopped here, then perhaps he could have passed off the results as quite reasonable- but instead, two beakers had exploded entirely, scattering shards of glass all across the shop. Luckily, neither of the two players had been hit by the shrapnel, but he had avoided the girl's eyes for a few minutes after the second incident. 

"After I finish recording my observations, I'll be happy to let you take home what I've managed to create today," offered Azide, as he pulled out a pen and paper. 

ID: 33700
CD: 6 (+1) = 7 
Exp: 2 (+1) = 3

- 1 mat

ID: 33701
CD: 1 
Exp: 1 (+1) = 2

-1 mat

ID: 33702
CD: 12 (Perfect)
Exp: 8 (+1) = 9

-2 mats

ID: 33703
CD: 1
Exp: 1 (+1) = 2

-1 mat

ID: 33704
CD: 7 (+1) = 8 (Uncommon)
Exp: 3 (+1) = 4

-2 mats

ID: 33705
CD: 4 (+1) = 5
Exp: 2 (+1) = 3

-1  mat

ID: 33706
CD: 10 (+1) = 11 (Rare)
Exp: 5 (+1) = 6

-2 mats

--------------------

-10 mats total

+29 total exp

Edited by Azide

With the last of his notes jotted down, Azide pulled a binder from off of his shelf and inserted the page at the very end, before stowing the whole thing away. "Sorry it took so long," Azide spoke, rubbing the back of his head. "Anyway, I'd usually offer only the finest quality items at my disposal, but I hope you'll still get some milage out of this mixed bag," he said, gesturing to the three red crystals lying atop the counter. He opened a trade window and sent Rebekah the trio of alchemical crafts; all three looked virtually identical, aside from slight differences in transparency.

"And before you ask, they're on the house," he added with a smile. 

Name: Übermensch Crystal III
Item Type: Crystal
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Instantly grants +3 damage for the duration of one thread.
Description: A blood-red crystal synthesized at the Navarre Lab of Alchemical Research. In both effect and aesthetics, it represents a departure from the lab's usual products.

Name: Übermensch Crystal I
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Instantly grants +1 damage for the duration of one thread.
Description: A blood-red crystal synthesized at the Navarre Lab of Alchemical Research. In both effect and aesthetics, it represents a departure from the lab's usual products.

Name: Übermensch Crystal II
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: Instantly grants +2 damage for the duration of one thread.