[Feb Boss - F2] Cupid's Wrath

Shaking his head, he frowned at the success of some player's attacks. Taking a gander at the group before him, Cupid gave a sharp look at the four players of the five that had struck him. Trying to choose another victim to fire an arrow at, he looked at one of the most recent attackers, Draterion, whom had retreated after his hit on him with his group. "How cute. A hopeless romantic who can't even stay for a single attack without running." Cupid called him out as he allowed his blue glazed eyes to scan the entire battle ground.

Taking an arrow from the surplus amount in his quiver, Cupid was fairly quick on the draw. When his fingers released the arrow, the pointed projectile came flying through the air, cutting through it like a hot knife through butter. The arrow had found it's way to his target and he put a smile on his face. "Of course I hit my target, I'm better than every single one of you weaklings." he said arrogantly, with his arms spread out wide and his chest stuck out.

ID: 9294

Battle Dice: 6 [6 Damage - 4 Damage = 2 Damage Dealt]

Lessa 46/46
Ariel 22/22
Kiru 88/88
Draterion 45/47

Rebekah 38/38

Cupid: 93/175

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelrius decided not to worry about the other groups. So far things were WELL working out for him and his group, and that was all that mattered in the area of a boss fight. At this point Zelrius seriously didn't care for this boss fight other then the fact it would be his first time in a long while fighting beside the Azure Brigade and even more so, Shanok, Miaki, and Nikki. With this mind he Simply reached up for a stab at the God of Love suspended in the air by his wings

(9329 Bd 5+3 Acc = 8-2 Cupid Evasion = 6 HIT)

Group 1:
Zelrius 81/81
Miaki 71/71
Nikki 44/44 Has Boss Agro. (Dat Hate Tho)
Kosan 37/37
Shanok 34/34

Cupid 84/175 (2 BD/t 2 Turns)

As always, Miaki could count on Nikki for watching his back and keeping his opponent off his back. The Immoveable Object had the boss's attention and would be dead more than likely before she'd have to activate her skill again. "Boss is agro'd! Don't waste this opportunity! Let's kill this thing before it even stands a chance." The other players active in the fight lashed out at the 'god of love'. Some of them actually were doing a decent job. Still something was lacking. Atleast he knew what his team was capable of and they proved to have not lost their edge. Actually they were better than before. The boss made its pipe shots with it's bow but as long as the attacks were away from the DPS fighters and if his wife didn't raise alarm then it wasn't his problem. "Moving in for a hit! Keep him off me Nikki." He yelled to the others as he took a side step and flanked Cupid. He leapt forward and made a longways slash at his target and sliced it along the back. "Not so tough now are you?" He mocked as he landed. He glanced at his team's health bar and saw wife hadn't taken any damage. "Yeah, I didn't think so. Okay guys, more than halfway through his health. Make him taste your steel!"

Group 1:
Zelrius 81/81
Miaki 71/71
Nikki 44/44 Has Boss Agro.
Kosan 37/37
Shanok 34/34

((OOC: ID: 9418, BD 6 (+1 = 7), HIT! 9 DMG! 18 total dmg dealt))

Cupid 75/175 (2 BD/t 2 Turns)

The battle was in full swing now and Nikki was not going to drop the ball here. The Cherub had missed her once, his bow jabbing at her harmlessly in his attempt, but it had managed to land a few other shots, one of which even paralyzed another player. Luckily Kieth, the player in question had been saved at the last minute by the kiss of another. Despite the rather tender moment bringing a smile to her face, she retained her composure as she approached Cupid again. Around her others were attacking from all directions, the other groups coordinating their strikes and doing phenomenal damage. This had seemed only to annoy the creature as it lashed out at them with arrows. This was lucky as it allowed it to avoid thorn damage, rendering it a useless trait. Nikki however was not phased by this as she got closer to it. She drew reassurance from her group, from her husband, they were depending on her to protect them, and she would, something as trivial as a lack of damage was not going to stop her in the slightest.

The fact that it had only attacked her once, passing her off to attack other players was insulting. She had howled, shrieked as hard as she could and it seemed to only have a passing interest in her. Perhaps this wasn't like normal bosses, after all it was smart enough, not only to communicate, but to taunt and tease. Perhaps it was smart enough to avoid the pitfall of focused hatred. Still the Blue haired tank would not be denied, not by this pix-elated pest, or anything else by that matter. She brandished her shield now, shouting at the winged devil, while she smashed her spear into it. Her eyes were narrowed as she fixed her steel gaze on it. After another deep breath she released another ear splitting shriek to get its attention. This one was louder, harder than before. She would not be ignored, not again.

Hatred: 1 (Post) + 3 (Howl) = 4

She smiled devilishly as her shriek ended, raising her spear and shield defensively in front of her. She continued to lock her gaze onto the creature as she stepped towards it again. "Come on you over sized pigeon. It's time to get yer throat slit." She hissed.

Group 1:
Zelrius 81/81
Miaki 71/71
Kosan 37/37
Shanok 34/34

Kosan sat there.. He was being annoyied of how he missed his first attack.. He thought he needed a better plan.. As he sat and waited to attack , many inflicted damage to the boss.. It had already under half HP when it was just his turn to hit.. As he charged towards the boss he tripped over a rock , faceplanting to the ground.. "Crap !" He said to himself as he sat there embarrassed by whappened.. "I'm fine I'm fine.." Kosan said as he got up and started running again towards the group.. Being hell of unlucky , he tripped again , this time making him look like a total fool.. "Okay .. What the actual F**k ?!" Kosan yelled as he got up "what's with all these damned stones into the ground !" He asked like somebody could answer his question.. He then went back to the group , trying to ignore all that happened..

9475 - BD 1 .. (OOC - dice gods loves me.. So much.. Two misses in a row..)

Shanok tried to attack the boss again, this time, he wouldn't miss, or so he thought. Cupid easily dodged Shanok's attacks. After missing his attack and not being too happy about it, Shanok backed off from the boss so he wouldn't get hit. "Ugh, I can't seem to hit this guy, he just dodges all my attacks" he said while looking around and realizing that Kosan had been paralyzed. We need someone to deal with him... Anyone BUT me he thought.

ID : 9511
Roll : 5 - Miss!

Group 1:
Zelrius 81/81
Miaki 71/71
Kosan 37/37
Shanok 34/34

Cupid stuck his finger in his ear, as Zelrius attacked - he turned his gaze away, picking something out his ear, then absently flicked it off into Zelrius' direction. His form appeared to  be burnt, the skin on his calves a raw red - but he didn't seem phased. Instead Cupid yawned loudly, slowly closing his eyes. "When are you going to attack-OH!" He exclaimed, turning his blue eyes toward Zelrius, "Don't tell me you already attacked? And you are supposed to be a strong player?" Cupid chuckled. "My how I weep for you." 

Miaki attacked and taunted Cupid, Cupid brushed himself off, and glanced around his form, raising mascular arms in a shrug. "I feel pretty tough, you sure you aren't..." Cupid paused, pointing down at Miaki, at the space between his legs. "Compensating for something?" The blue haired girl howled at Cupid, and he frowned, "Someone should put a leash on you."

" Cupid's thin lips twisted into a smirk before he burst out into a cackling laughter as Kosan fell.

"Oh, just look at you." He sneered as he reached behind him, pulling an arrow from his quiver. Placing it against his bow, he pulled the string back, and shot Kosan, right in the centre of his forehead. "It's such a shame, no one could ever love you." Cupid muttered darkly under his breath.

Cupid wove his hand in front of his face as though he were attempting to swat away a bug as Shanok attacked. "Oh? What was that?" He asked, "Were you attacking? I hadn't noticed, it feels like little tiny mosquitoes." He sneered down at them. Before an unsettling smile graced his features as he closed his eyes and started a slow clap.

"Congratulations!" He cheered, "You all failed miserably," Cupid wiped a single tear from his eye. "I'm too embarrassed for you all. I don't even think I Should attack you. Else you'd all just die. 

[iD:10095 BD: 1 MISS]

Group 1:
Zelrius 81/81
Miaki 71/71
Kosan 37/37 -Paralysed until kissed 
Shanok 34/34

Keith finally stepped back from the wall and got himself ready. "Okay, this time I'll-" He stopped as an arrow hit him in the rear. He fell over onto the ground and looked around. "MEDIC!!!" He yelled, unable to move anything besides his mouth and eyes. As he waited for Kiru to take the obvious role of unparalyzing him, he was wrong. Oh golly, was he wrong. Asen strikes. The second the invader pulled away Keith hopped up, spitting on the ground and then wiping his mouth rapidly with his sleeve. "Eugh! Eugh! Euuuuugh!" He yelled, still wiping his mouth. "Sheesh man... Don't touch the merchandise!" Keith protested at Asen, before looking back to Cupid. "And this little birdy is gonna get his wings clipped."

Keith drew his sword and then raced forward towards Cupid, bringing up his sword and using his vast reserves of momentum to bring it forward for a lunge. Just as he neared Cupid, Keith feinted left and swung, using his weight to bring the sword into a full-impact, the immense speed backing it up making it cut like a hot knife through butter. He then skid to a halt on the other side of Cupid, and he looked over his shoulder with a smirk, wagging his index finger at Cupid. "Too fast for ya?"

ID: 10210, 6. +3 - 2 = 7. Hit. 8 Damage

Group 2:
Keith 105/105 
Ryujin 65/66
Life 45/45

Cupid 67/175 (2 BD/t 2 Turns)

I sat back leaning on a rock as the first group attacked and Cupid continuing to be as arrogant as ever was finally starting to sound better and better with every insult but it wasnt going to matter, he was going to die whether or not he wanted to. I didnt care who did it but his mouth was finally starting to annoy me, but whatever, it was kind of amusing.

I slowly rose to my feet as i watch the scene with Asen and Keith unfold and i decied it was finally time to start taking this a little more seriously. I stood up and pulled my katana out of the ground and walked up to Cupid and slashed upward with both hands on the weapon.

Dice ID #10215 (6 - 1 + 2 = 7 Hit, 10 dmg) 

My sword cut straight into Cupids body and left a nasty looking strike mark across his body and as it fizzled out i went back over to my rock and leaned against it, expecting him to try and hit me once again, which i could probably dodge much better.

(Since my gear changed in the Signature ill replace the status here: +3 Dmg with Sword. +2 Mit +1 Thorn Armor, +1 EVA +2 ACC gauntlets)

Group 2:
Keith 105/105 
Ryujin 65/66
Life 45/45

Cupid 57/175 (2 BD/t 2 Turns)

L grinned at cupids arrogance, he had suddenly gotten a lot more carefree, even though his health was closing to red now. "Is this how one acts when fearing for his own life, Cupid?" L's grin twisted into an impudent sneer and lowered his stance. The other two went ahead of him first dealing a large chunk of his health in damage. 'Not too shabby' he thought to himself. When Ryujin finished his attack, L rushed in straight after. Almost like a quick tag, he brought his blade down straight down the middle. His speed didn't leave my room for reaction to evade as Cupid was known for, that and his paralyzing arrow it seemed. The blade came down straight down the middle of his chest, cutting deep from the top of his collar bone towards his lower abdomen. He faded away swiftly after finishing his blow, and almost as if he was never there in the first place attacking, he finished by Keiths side.

ID:10276

Group 2:
Keith 105/105 
Ryujin 65/66
Life 45/45

Cupid 49/175 (2 BD/t 2 Turns)

[ ID: 10411, BD: 1 ]

Cupid didn't even flinch when he was struck, constantly by the next group. He gave a lop-sided grin. "My, my looks like the second group has bite. Ah, but no one wants to kiss their fallen comrade?" Cupid asked in a mock wistful tone. "It looks like no one really does love you, Kosan."  Cupid said mockingly before erupting into cruel laughter.

His Laughter stopped abruptly when all three from the next group managed to land their hits. His large wings  began to flap, causing a large gust of wind to swirl beneath the mighty god of love. Cupid lowered himself, till his feet lightly touched the plush earth again. His eyes narrowed darkly.

"you all are starting to piss me off."

Keith 105/105 

Ryujin 65/66
Life 45/45

Cupid 47/175 (2 BD/t 1 Turns)

Mari gave a small smirk as Cupid aimed his bow toward Kosan, and hit him - successfully paralysing the hooded man. it wasn't just that, but the comment that he had made toward the entitled child, and how no one would love him. Mari had to agree with Cupid - with an attitude like that. How could anyone? Mari still hadn't forgiven him for the way he acted that day, how he had threatened death upon her and stormed off. Only to join another guild. Mari wasn't worried. He could do what he wanted, he just agitated her.

Cupid continued to throw insults to the groups way, and some - had responded. Like that'd do anything. Mari shrugged, and charged toward cupid, he was down on the ground now- it would make her attacks, no everyone's attacks that much simpler. Mari jammed the dagger deep into his left pectoral and slide the dagger diagonally downward across his chest. A few smart remarks ran through her head, but Mari bit her tongue on the matter, deciding it best not to engage in it. Cupid was after all, nothing more than a measly NPC.

He was weak, very weak. Mari turned to the team she was leading. "I expect Cupid to die with this team." In reality, it was a bit of a hefty ask - the members would have to all do critical damage for that expectation to come to fruition.

ID: 10437

Battle: 9
Critical! 11 Damage!

Cupid 36/175 (2 BD/t 1 Turns)

Mari 63/63

Asen 45/45
Daeron 76/76

"Yeah, well that's a bit easier said than done considering on how this thing operates. Perhaps the next round or so." Asen stated with a grin on his face even though he was pretty sure that he wouldn't make much of a difference other than the fact that he can take damage at least and be able to recover from it. "Though I suppose I should include my part in this to at least say that I tried." With that being said he charged at Cupid in a fast pace. He didn't trip like some people have done instead he leaps straight for Cupid's heart. Just when he was too close to change direction Cupid winds up evading his blade entirely. Before Cupid would be able to counter that however, Asen uses his momentum to flip and twist his body to land on his feet facing towards back at Cupid reducing the chance of Cupid getting on Asen's flank while quickly assuming a defensive position for any attacks. Least to say is that his crimson red eyes are locked onto Cupid.

(ID: 10483)

BD: 6-2= 4(miss)

Mari: 63/63

Asen: 45/45

Daeron: 76/76

Cupid: 36/175

[iD 10620,  BD: 2]

Mari struck Cupid, hard, Cupid glared at the short, pink coloured girl. "You're burning my eyes with that abhorrent colour choice." Cupid hissed as he pushed her off of him. Cupid flicked his stark white hair over his shoulder. Such a proclamation, little pink haired wrench." Cupid sneered, "Looks like your plan to take me out fell...short." Cupid laughed as he pointed at Asen, "He couldn't even touch me! And Daeron? He was too slow." Cupid turned to Daeron, "Didn't anyone tell you the early bird caught the worm?"

Cupid pulled another arrow out of his quiver and aimed it at Mari. "I'd love to scar that face of yours, it'd be such an improvement." He pulled back hard on the string, before releasing the bow, it missed Mari, by mere millimetres. He growled when she had managed to dodge it, the arrowhead didn't even scar the ugly little cow. 

Cupid 34/175

(OOC- A certain GM informed me that the players before my have been skipped and that is now my turn to post. Thank you.)

I glared back at cupid, practically burning a hold through the back of his head. This monthly boss was not only the first one I participated in but the weirdest one. Also, he was annoyingly hard to hit. The boy in my group missed as well but the younger girl, who looked quite familiar, seemed to be capable of stabbing him. My last attempt had failed miserably but this time I knew I was going to land an attack on Cupid no matter what. I threaded my fingers tighter around the dagger and rushed forward. The rest of the groups faded out as I ran quickly throughout the battlefield. Swords swung, players fell, but most importantly I dodged it all and came up behind Cupid with my dagger in hand. I thrusted my arm outwards and cut across his back in a clean swipe. A smirk formed on my lips as I stepped back. "It would be beneficial to everyone if you didn't attack my fiance. Oh and that hair is a fashion don't. If you're gonna dye it a color like white, at least add another one to it!" 

ID: 11047 BD 7-2=5 +2= BD 7 (+1 ATH +3 Dagger +1 Base= 5 Damage)

46/46
Ariel 22/22
Kiru 88/88
Draterion 45/47

Rebekah 38/38

Cupid: 29/175

Witnessing his old guild member, Kiru, yell at Cupid and attack the NPC month boss. Now he wanted it dead. His current guild, Draterion's......did not seem so qualified for this boss battle, hence why they were not allowed to join in the fight. But now it was his turn to attack, and he refused to back down against this worthless. Pathetic. Crippled. Enemy! Draterion's sword flew out of it's sheath as he charged forward at Cupid, mad at the NPC for choosing to attack him while most monsters would have chosen the player with the most hate. His sword flew out at the beast, marking it's face with a scar, which quickly faded away as quick as it had come.

ID:11139

Battle Dice:8+2-2=8(Hit) 7 Damage

Ariel 22/22
Kiru 88/88
Draterion 45/47

Rebekah 38/38

Cupid: 22/(-7 DMG)

Rebekah witness how neither of guildmates have not attacked, but it was something that was out of her mind. The most important thing for them now is to finish this battle as soon as possible rather than worry about how others have not attacked. She knew that Kiru, one of the strongest players in this final group had attacked, so she felt a lot better as she was not alone with this group. Draterion had also attacked, which was a positive thing in this battle. She charged at the Cupid knowing that the last time members started to dwindle in a boss fight, 2 people had died, and on top of that, she had missed most of her attacks. She was determined not to let that happen again this time, and she charged with all her power to land an attack on the boss. After getting close, she stabbed it's heart and ran out of it's way before it could attack her.

[iD=11160]

BD = 7 + 2 - 2 = 7

Damage = 1 + 3 + 4 = 8

Ariel 22/22

Kiru 88/88

Draterion 45/47

Rebekah 38/38

Cupid: 14/175

[iD: 11391   BD1]

Cupid sighed, "My, my - you are all so impatient, and yet - many of you refuse to attack me, do I scare you that much?" Cupid asked, before giving a lop-sided grin. "Or am I just that dazzling to you all?" 

Cupid paused, as three players, one by one had struck him, he didn't wince and if he felt any pain he surely did not show it. Rather, his azure eyes watched with steeled resolve. As his health dipped well into the red zone, a single bead of sweat dripped from his head down his chin and onto a well toned shoulder. Cupid lifted his shoulders and shrugged, fluffing up his wings, in a clearly brazen show of cockiness he flicked snow white locks over his shoulder. Shifting his attention to Kosan who was still paralysed. 

"Wow, I knew you were pathetic, but not that pathetic. No one has even beaten an eye, or cared to ask if you're ok - sitting there, alone and paralysed. Welcome, to cold harsh reality boy."

Cupid 14/175

The cupid boss was nearly killed. Just a matter of time before it took it's last breath. His wife had the full attention of the boss still and was standing there proud as ever in her tanking abilities. This only made Miaki more proud of her a person and as a player. She goaded the boss on throwing insults and degrading the pitiful excuse for a Cherub. She shrieked and shouted, using her hate ability to draw the attention of mobs and bosses alike. It was in her nature to face off against these opponents and test her strength compared to them. And she was a legend for it. Miaki threw a half joked comment after one of Nikki's shrieks, "Remind me to bring ear plugs to the next fight. I forgot how loud your shouts were." He cracked at her while striking the boss from behind. The boss seemed unphased by her mockery but then again the Cherub was doing that to everyone else the entire battle even with all the damage it was taking. Whoever scripted this guy needed to recheck their list of insults and comebacks which was leaving much to be desired. Miaki made a few swipes at the Cherub from behind Leaving distinguishable gashes where his blade met with his foe. "Someone shut this loud mouth up already!" He commanded someone while dealing his blows. "Nikki! Hold his attention a little longer!"

Group 1:
Zelrius 81/81
Miaki 71/71
Kosan 37/37
Shanok 34/34

((OOC: ID: 11639, BD 7 (+1 = 8), HIT! 8 DMG! 24 total dmg dealt))

Cupid 6/175

((OOC: Nikki Styx is unavailable due to medical reasons and will not be able to post for the remainder of this battle.))

Shanok watched the boss' hp go down into the red and he knew that now if he was to hit the boss at least once, now was the time. He charged towards Cupid, determined not to trip on a rock or miss again, he couldn't miss this hit as it would probably be the hit that would take Cupid down and he knew about what players who got the last hits on boss got, awesome items. He held his katana to the left kept on running towards Cupid, running past Kosan who was paralyzed, "Sorry no one kissed you, this one's mine" he told him as he kept on running towards his goal. He was now in front of Cupid, he looked up to him, "Can you tell that I'm attacking now?" he asked the AI, referring to what Cupid had told him earlier, as his sword ran through Cupid's leg making his HP bar go empty. "All right, guys, we did it!" he shouted pointing his sword upwards.

ID : 11680
BD : 8 -2=6 - HIT! 8DMG

Group 1:
Zelrius 81/81
Miaki 71/71
Kosan 37/37
Shanok 34/34

Cupid : 0/175 - Deaded