[PP-F9] <<Guardian of Fire>> Hot dog roast and newbie cook-off!

The final hit fell on him once more. Oikawa was steady racking up the loot for this raid, and as such he may even disperse it evenly among everyone. For without them, he wouldn't have the opportunities to finish them so easily. Grasping his blade as Tyger's charge came to an end, Oikawa immediately rushed past the ginger as her she skidded to a halt. He gave her a thumbs up as he sped by. Once near the hound, Oikawa brought his rapier back, allowing it to cascade itself in a silver light, before sending it clean through the hounds nostrils. 

Once he dispatched the beast and collected the loot he took a breather. "When  will Cerberus rear its ugly heads? I'm tired of facing it's mutts."

[iD: 12483] BD: 8 CD 8 LD: 3

H1<<Ariel>> 32/38 
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33 (skipped)
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 24/26 (Hits for 6)

<<Hell Hound #8>> - 0/30 HP DEAD (-6)

[Oikawa -The Faint received 1 material]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again she found herself rushing at the new mob while looking at Oikawa finish the previous one. She made a small nod and focused on her target. This guys weren't that hard but there were many many of them, apparently here to tire them before reaching their 'daddy' the hound that guards the gates of Hades. Ariel had to admit to herself that she was curious about the hound's appearance, will he be 3 headed like in the old green legends? After striking the hound Ariel backs off partially turning towards Oikawa and the others: "I want to see if the designers stayed true to the legends and gave it 3 heads. At least for me that will make up for all the trouble of dealing with his younglings."

ID: 12491BD: 7 CD: 6

H0<<Ariel>> 32/38
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 24/26

<<Hell Hound #9>> - 22/30 HP

As Baldur watch, Ariel engaged yet another of the <<Hell Hounds>>. Were there really no end to them? When would this bloody dog spawn?

Ariel asked as question, but Baldur didn't hear it as he <<Concentrated>> he really wanted to land that critical hit on the hound to speed thing but, but while his hits had been solid, he had been unlucky in the crit department. Crouching into his <<charge>> position, he was a flash as he streaked over to the new target their forward had found and brought his his Katana with him, the two crashing together with a flash of steel and claw and fur. He landed behind the mob, a large section of its heal draining away.

"At least we can take these things out pretty easily!" He smiled back towards the others as he whipped his blade to the side out of habit, even though there was no blood to clean from the blade.

[iD: 12671 BD: 3+3=6 CD: 6]

H1<<Ariel>> 32/38 
H1<<Baldur>> 31/33 - Hit for 10 DMG (8+2)
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 24/26
<<Hell Hound #9>> - 12/30 HP

"Another one incoming!"

Tyger warned, watching Ariel deal a good chunk of damage. Baldur was next, but Tyger stayed back a few seconds, letting the aura of concentration swirl around her as her sword and instinct practically guided her arms and body in the direction of the hell hound. Her sword sliced down the side as she charged forward, noting the nice lengthy damaging scratch she'd placed on the creature's hide. 

"It better have 3 heads, or i'm going to riot!"

She chuckled to Ariel.

"I will say, a lot of the beasties here are awesome!"

The fact that they could kill you? Not so much.

[iD: 12676 BD: 2+3+1 Concentrate=6 CD: 10]

H1<<Ariel>> 32/38 
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33
H1<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H1<<Tyger>> 35/37 (Hits for 6+1=7)
H0<<Oikawa>> 24/26
<<Hell Hound #9>> - 5/30 HP

Like clockwork, the vicious cycle continued. Oikawa wasted no time in lunging at the beast. How easy it had become to deal the finishing blow to the creatures that littered the cavern they occupied. "It better have three heads or I'm going to have not so nice words for Kayaba. Not that I have any nice words to say to him anyways." Focusing on the target that grew ever larger as he drew closer, Oikawa raised his rapier in the standard position for stabbing whatever lay ahead.

His rapier slammed into the creature. Instantly causing its dispersal of pixels. Collecting his loot, he twirled his rapier about looking for a new victim.

[iD: 12678 BD: 5+3 = 8 CD: 3 LD: 11]

H1<<Ariel>> 32/38 
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33
H1<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H1<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 (Hits for 6 damage, -1 Environmental Damage)

<<Hell Hound #9>> - 0/30 HP (-6) DEAD

[Oikawa -The Faint received 1 material]

While backing off and watching the rest finish the mob, Ariel took a second to listen. Hearing the fact that they all expected about the same boss pleased her. The thought of a certain tiger going on a rampage made her chuckle as she made her way towards the next prey mob, choosing the best spot to strike. She could hear Kimba complaining of the heat from behind,most likely it was because of the hit or the fact that she couldn't attack alongside Ariel as usual. Letting out a sigh Ariel let out a simple: "Sorry girl but I can't risk you getting hurt here, just hang on a little more." With reinforced resolve, she truck the hound into its left side while making a feint. She let out a deep slash that looked like it was made with an ordinary sword, she had used her free left hand to add extra force to the hit. While backing off she responded to the others: " We'll just have to fight and se now, don't we? I only hope we'll finish soon, Kimba is starting to her fussy with either the fact of being left behind or because of the heat. If this keeps dragging on she will be very unresponsive later!"  She said with a smile.

ID: 12681 BD: 8(5+3acc) CD: 7

H1<<Ariel>> 32/38 
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 

<<Hell Hound #10>> 22/30 HP (-8) 

Alyss did see the kept attacking the dogs as they came out, even tho they did spawn insanely quick they kept dispatching of em quite fast, she did run forward to try and hit the dog, but did swing her blade a little to early and did hit Ariel on the way away from the dog instead of the actual dog, it was not the best move she could have done at least she did not hit too hard and did only deal one point of damage to Ariel as she did quickly get back again, as she looks towards Ariel and says "Sorry about that, hopefully it wont happen again"

ID: 12699 BD: 1 CD: 10

H1<<Ariel>> 31/38 (-1)
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 

<<Hell Hound #10>> 22/30 HP

"From what the info broker says, it has 3 heads and can attack three times as fast as a normal mob!"

Crouching down, he <<Charged>> The newest mob, the now familiar flash of light streaking across the battlefield. The mob seemed to see him coming and tried to move, but Baldur pulled the sword in closer his body, causing him to spin even faster and slightly change the arc of his charge. With a slight curve, Baldur's spinning blade tore into the <<Hell Hound>>, peeling off another third of it's health, but since Alyss had not been able to land a hit, it seemed Baldur wouldn't be able to deliver a finishing blow to Tyger once more.

We'll get it next time. Baldur thought to himself.

Driving the sword into the red hot ground, Baldur finally slowed his spin to a spot and took a moment to steady himself and the room around him.

[iD: 12728 BD: 4+2=6 CD: 9]

H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33
H1<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 

<<Hell Hound #10>> 12/30 HP

Tyger really, really wished she could have seen how Icarus was reacting to all of these charges. It seemed as though whenever they destroyed one hound, she was charging off to fight another one. She could feel his weight on her back, so he was still here (thankfully) but that didn't change the fact that he was stuck holding on while her body rocketed through the cavern to attack the random hounds that appeared. 

"I know, I know, I still owe you a harness..."

She muttered under her breath, and chuckled when Icarus licked the side of her cheek. She couldn't reach back and stop him, so she just let it happen. It was hot, muggy, and sweaty already. Why not add dragon saliva to the mix? The next hound appeared after Oikawa destroyed the previous, so Tyger charged forward to give the hound the same fate the others had.

"This is what, like, nine or ten of these? So freakin' many.."

She grumbled, although Baldur was probably close enough to hear. Icarus merely snickered at Rhoan's dissatisfaction with each blow she landed, but oh well. Her job was coming soon. She couldn't wait to go  home and fix her shield, she hoped Cerberus messed it up real good. That meant he had been a challenge. 

[iD: 12778 BD: 6 CD: 8]

H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33
H1<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H1<<Tyger>> 35/37 (6+1=7 Damage)
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 

<<Hell Hound #10>> 5/30 HP

Just as quickly as the ninth hound disappeared a tenth one had appeared. Ariel quickly pounced on the newest mob dealing a nice bit of damage. This was followed by Alyss', who had returned to her senses, though she did miss the attack. Baldur then charged the beast at blinding speed which in turn led to a charge from the the tanky ginger. Our group has tremendous talent. Efficiency. Damage. Tankability, although that really only applies to Tyger, and overall cohesiveness. I'm  glad I decided to participate.

His turn came up and as usual if he connected on the blow, he would kill the Mob. These assaults were beginning to become easy for them. As long as they hit the Mobs fell without hardly getting an attack in. Not that that bothered him. But the raid was becoming easy. I hope Cerberus puts up a better fight. Clenching his blade, Oikawa raced to the mob and as expected, killed it.

"This is becoming rather monotonous guys. I really hope Cerberus puts up a better fight than it's underlings."

[iD: 12782 BD: 4+3 = 7 CD: 9 LD: 5]

H1<<Ariel>> 32/38 
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33
H1<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H1<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 (Hits for 6 damage)

<<Hell Hound #10>> - 0/30 HP (-6) DEAD

[Oikawa -The Faint received 1 material] Total Loot: 5 materials and 300 Col

Seeing another one nearby Ariel almost instinctively lashes out to it, running at full speed. She was tired of applying the same move of stabbing it into the right front leg so she decided to jump over it and strike it's open back. At first all went well as she dashed in a collision course, jumping in the last second before being bit. While in the air she put her strength in one powerful thrust, retracting the blade while landing behind it but the hound had a nasty fiery tail that managed to partially damage her even as she tried to block it with her vambraces. "Feisty little one aren't you? Don't worry I'll make you sit soon enough." she asked while grinning. She then looks towards the other and says in a casual, slightly raised voice: "Tell me about it? This guys offer no surprises so far...With this one we have 11 defeated, Taiga!"

ID: 12806 BD: 4+3 = 7 CD: 3

H1<<Ariel>> 31/38 (-1)
H0<<Alyss>> 31/33
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 

<<Hell Hound #11>> 22/30 HP (-8)

Alyss was getting a little tired of all those Hell Hounds spawning as fast as they could kill em, and did lose focus for a second as a few drops of lava did land on her shoulder, she would wipe off the lave on her shoulder and move quickly towards the Hell Hound, and slash its left front leg with her Cutlass, and then jumped back to the party and wait for next one to attack, if she were lucky they would soon meet the mighty Cerberus.

ID: 12820 BD: 6+3 = 9 CD: 2

H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H0<<Alyss>> 30/33 (-1)
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33 
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 

<<Hell Hound #11>> 16/30 HP (-6)

Baldur smirked. He could tell they were all getting fed up with these little <<Hell Hounds>> and wanted to get to the boss, but that meant they were growing over-confident. What Baldur had read about the <<Cerberus>> boss was fiercesome. He had no doubts that they would be able to clear it out, but he still worried about Tyger, she would be the one tanking it after all, and this mob could hurt! Armor penetration was something that hadn't been introduced into the game too much as yet, but when it did make an appearance it was bad... and that was when the mob didn't have three heads.

When Baldur saw another hound had spawned, he focused his eyes on it to bring up the cursor and health bar of the mob. Both Ariel and Alyss had managed to land a solid blow on it, and so Baldur smiled. If he could hit or crit this mob, there was a chance that Tyger could get the last hit.

Come on, let's do this! I know she wants one!

He flashed her a smile as he suddenly <<charged>> the mob, his katana held in both hands as he excitedly cleaved the mob starting high on its chest and leaving a red mesh layer gash all the way to the back of its hind legs.

"Finish him!" Baldur called out playfully, before rolling his eyes at himself and shaking his head. Great, now I'm doing it too.

[iD: 12860 BD: 5+2=7 CD: 12]

H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H0<<Alyss>> 30/33 
H0<<Baldur>> 32/33 - Hits for 10 DMG (8+2) and regens 1 HP from BH
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 

<<Hell Hound #11>> 6/30 HP

Tyger felt herself moving just for the sake of beating down monotony. At this point of the game, she was going through the motions. This quest was taking too long. She felt as though she'd been here forever, despite the fact they were only knee deep in the dead hellhound count, and yet they kept coming with no Cerberus. Perhaps the quest was wrong? She wouldn't put it past Kayaba. "11 isn't a bad number. I was hoping for 10, but i'll do whatever it takes to get out of here, at this point." She'd been lucky with the environmental damage recently, but who knows how long that'd last? 

Feeling herself going into the motions once more, she watched the team start wailing on the newest hound. Baldur charged after it, but with Alyss actually hitting this past round, it gave Tyger just enough leeway to actually get a last hit on the hound. Baldur's blade sliced through the hound, and Tyger watched with glittering eyes as the HP  nestled in that sweet spot. The sweet spot, of course, being the amount of damage she did. "Oh, you're mine." Tyger smirked, growling as she charged forward to hit the hound like a semi-truck. It let out a yip, and Icarus gurgled with glee as it exploded into tiny shards. The dragon jumped onto Tyger's head and began to bat at the crystals, as if they were something he could actually catch.

"Alright guys. I'm happy now. We can kill the three headed dog now."

Tyger beamed, grinning from ear to ear while Icarus attempted to catch the remnants of the hound still. 

[iD: 12903 BD: 7 CD: 9 LD: 20 MD: 1]

H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H0<<Alyss>> 30/33 
H0<<Baldur>> 32/33
H1<<Tyger>> 35/37 (Deals 6+1=7 Damage)
H0<<Oikawa>> 23/26 

<<Hell Hound #11>> 0/30 HP (Drops 2 Mats, 150 Col)

Awww drats. No final hit this time. But good for Tyger! She finally dealt a killing blow. "Good hit Tyger! It's about time you slayed one of your own," he joked. Oikawa turned to see how much of the cavern had left to explore only to find that another hound had spawned. With lava drool dripping from its maw, the hound dashed at Oikawa. He deflected the initial attack by batting the creature away with his shield. Raising it up, he rushed the creature down and aimed his rapier right for the Mob's head.

The creature flew back as his rapier connected with its forehead. A blood icon appeared on the hound's status bar, informing everyone that a bleed effect is now applied. Oikawa smiled as thorns also kicked in. Man that was an effective hit if I do say so myself. His smirked drifted away as  he felt a stinging pain on his left leg. Looking down the hound had latched his jaws on to the limb. Oikawa quickly brought his shield down on the creature and bashed it until it let go. Stupid mutt. "Ariel you're up," He exclaimed as he hobbled back. Battle healing saved him some of the pain but it wasn't by much.

[iD: 12911 BD: 10 CD: 10 MD: 8-2= 6]

H1<<Oikawa>> 23/26 (Deals 6+2+1=9 Damage) (+1 HP)(-1)
H0<<Ariel>> 31/38
H0<<Alyss>> 30/33 
H0<<Baldur>> 32/33
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37

<<Hell Hound #12>> 21/30 HP (-9) (Bleed 0/2)

"Don't go stealing my spotter job, Oikawa!" she said while running towards the new opponent. The hound was still looking at Oikawa after receiving the full blow of his shield. Perfect chance for Ariel to strike it without being wary of it counterattacking,  as she reaching striking distance with a quick thrust the blond hit the mob's rear right leg. It wasn't her initial targeted spot but a hit was still a hit as the hound's decreasing HP bar showed. "Looks like we're going to have to wait a bit longer before meeting his daddy, in the meanwhile Taiga enjoy the last hits!

ID: 12911 BD: 6 (3+3acc) CD: 9

H1<<Oikawa>> 23/26 
H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H0<<Alyss>> 30/33 
H0<<Baldur>> 32/33
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37

<<Hell Hound #12>> 13/30 HP (-8)

Yet another Hound had gone down, and the next one did quickly spawn, it was like there was no end to the wave of beasts, but hopefully it would end soon so they could beat the boss.

Alyss looked as Ariel had just come back from her attack Alyss did move forward and swing her cutlass and did give it a quite nice blow, as she did get back in line ready for the next attack.

ID: 12946 BD: 7 CD: 6

H1<<Oikawa>> 23/26 
H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H0<<Alyss>> 30/33 
H0<<Baldur>> 32/33
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37

<<Hell Hound #12>> 7/30 HP -6

Baldur smiled over at Oikawa, suddenly seeming to realize for the first time that they were outnumbered by the women. He gave his comrade a smile as he watched the ladies beat down yet another <<Hell Hound>>, each of them landing solid blows until the mob was in the red.

"How many <<Hell Hounds>> does it take to summon a guardian of the underworld?" With a smirk, he pauses in the middle of his joke as he <<charges>> the nearest mob. As he was flying towards the mob, a section of the ceiling gave way and a column of magma poured down out of the ceiling like a waterfall of red death and while Baldur couldn't change his direction, the sheer speed of his charge prevented him from taking more than a point of damage, but his swing went completely wild. Tumbling to the ground, he pushed himself to his feet quickly and looked around to get his bearings. A moment later the flow of magma stopped and the room returned to normal.

"SO... that's a thing..."

[iD: 13011 BD: 1 CD: 4]

H1<<Oikawa>> 23/26 
H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H1<<Alyss>> 30/33 
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37
<<Hell Hound #12>> 7/30

"Oh how I wish I could come up with a witty reply..."

Tyger joked, attempting to think of a last part of the joke. But, unfortuantely, nothing was coming to her. She would have blamed it on the heat, but honestly, it wasn't all that bad at the moment. The searing bits of pain that she'd experienced upon entering the cave had practically ceased over the past few hounds. However, she didn't want to think that would be a trend. The moment she let her guard down was the moment she'd lose a bit of health from the heat and make a mistake. She couldn't afford to make many mistakes right now. Baldur charged after the hound, and Tyger followed suit, but when she went to slice into the hound, the wall of magma fell in front of her, causing her to dodge off to the side, barreling into Baldur (who had just gained his footing).

"That's not a thing I like. Give me three headed dog anyday. At least I can fight that. I can't really fight magma. We're both gingers, it would just get messy."

[iD: 13363 BD: 1 CD: 12]

H1<<Oikawa>> 23/26 
H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H1<<Alyss>> 30/33 
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37 (Misses)
<<Hell Hound #12>> 7/30 

(So my last hit was a crit so I should have 2 hate. My apologies for not fixing that guys.)

Oikawa stood by as Ariel and Alyss landed solid blows on the recently spawned hound. He caught a grin from Baldur before giving him a quizzical look. Haha I wonder what he'd smirking about. He observed as Baldur and Tyger both went tumbling to the side to avoid the sporadic magma that seemed to know when to spill on the floor. So not only do we have to fight stupid hounds , we have to dodge falling magma as well? Fantastic! Running towards the hound, he focused his peripheral vision on the ceiling hoping to land a strike and avoid the the lava.

He lunged forward, skipping the pool of lava that had been created by the last two drops, and jumped to strike the hound. The hound side-stepped his first thrust and landed a decent claw swipe across his armor. It inflicted minimal damage. Oikawa brushed it off and tried once more. Swinging his shield upwards, he caused the Mob to step back which gave him the space needed to pull off another lunge. Sinking his blade into it's flesh, the creature exploded into pixels.

He collected his loot and gave another thumbs up. "There can't be many more left guys!"

[iD: 13365 BD: 6 CD: 8 LD: 11 MD: 10]

H2<<Oikawa>> 22/26 (Deals 6+2= 8 Damage) (-1)
H1<<Ariel>> 31/38
H1<<Alyss>> 30/33 
H0<<Baldur>> 31/33
H0<<Tyger>> 35/37

<<Hell Hound #12>> 0/30 HP DEAD

[Oikawa -The Faint received 1 material] Total Loot: 6 materials and 300 Col