[PP-F1] <Feeding the Enemy> Calrex/Teayre

Flicking through the information list on various mobs, Teayre kept skipping past them.

"Urgh!" Letting out a sigh of frustration, she began to head to the main room of the inn she was staying in ordering herself a simple beef stew, she began to drum her fingers on the desk she was sat at.

Voicing her thoughts aloud and counting on her fingers the requirements of the familiar she wanted.

Raising her index finger, "It must be furry."

Raising her middle finger, "It must be cute."

Raising her ring finger, "t must be a meat eater."

"Wait a second! What about the wolves on this floor! They'd be perfect, and I shouldn't have -too- much trouble taming one.

Her stew arrives, after thanking the waiter who brought it over she begins to dig in. Calling up her menu, she types out a shopping list of what she might need to befriend one of the wolves.

Raw meat, a heap of luck, a nice attitude, some more luck and healing potions just in case.

Finishing her stew, she pushes the bowl back just before it bursts into shards.

"I'd better make a move then if I'm to tame a familiar today.

Standing she deposits the Col into the waiters hand before making her move out of the door.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As she exited the Inn, she spun around feeling the rays of the sun warm her skin. 

"This is a beautiful day, it's too bad Callie isn't here as well... The baka had things to do though, I guess I can't hog him all the time... As much as I'd like to."

Setting off around the town, Teayre begins to hunt down a butchers upon finding one called "The Bloody Butcher" she decided to enter the building after muttering to herself about the name sounding ominous. Inside she's greeted by the smell of stale meat, pinching her nose she sees the butcher behind the counter.

"Hey there, I was heading out and I wondered if you had any meat that's good for a dog?"

The butcher turning around give Teayre a surly huff in greeting, before rubbing his hands together and offering a slick greasy palm before replying. "Good for a dog eh? What are you some sort of animal lover?"

A twitch in the corner of her lip began as she made made contact with his palm, a loud squelch resounded throughout the room as they closed their hands together. "No not an animal lover, I've taken a quest to acquire an familiar I need food in order to tame the beast first."

Releasing her hand, he places his on his hips tutting for a moment before saying "Right you are then, well little missy I  do have some meat only a few days old, but it's nearing it's expiry time I'd say it's got about another hour left if you want that che-"

Wiping her hand on her trouser leg as the butcher released it and started going on about some old meat, interrupting him she set out the guidelines for the meat she was looking for. "No, I don't want any old meat, if I can I'd like the freshest you have with a minimum of 30 hours left on the expiry time I don't know how long I'll be out there for so I need to make sure I have enough to try several times, until I click with one of the beasts."

"Are you crazy?" The butcher called out, "Just one of those beasts is capable of killing you and you want to go against several?" Turning around the butcher walks to his counter and prepares a few parcels. "Fine, here you go that's 60 col, now get out of here.

Passing over the col, Teayre scoops up the parcels, pressing the circle to add them to her inventory, she exits the store slamming the door behind hearing the glass rattle and some curses follow her from inside she sets off towards through the winding streets towards the gates of the Starting City. 

Twirling her hair round a finger, "He said he liked it down, although I think I prefer it up... Maybe I'll put it in a half ponytail, it's long enough it'll keep the flowing motion he seems to like."

Stopping for a moment feeling a heat come to her cheeks, mentally scolding herself "Now's not the time to be getting distracted Teayre, come on you've got a wolf to tame."

Reaching the gates of Starting City, she pulls up the map and taps a few locations seeing where the wolves have been known to spawn, the easiest root for her to go to would be to follow the path to Horunka Village.

"Guess that's my route then."

One last check of her inventory revealed nothing out of the ordinary, except perhaps a lack of healing potions but she shrugged this issue off, stepping out she started to follow the path that leads to the next village.

A few hundred meter's out she encountered her first dire wolf, looking at it she cocked her head quizzically before drawing her blade and charging towards the beast. Twirling her blade she begins to bring it down to try and hit the wolf in the head, her blow missing. The wolf then jumps backs and begins to circle around her before darting in and landing a series of nips and strong bites on her legs before backing out again.

Cursing at the wolf, Teayre backs up reading her blade in a defensive position, gritting her teeth, her eyes narrowing. Letting out a slow breath Teayre thought back on Oikawa's advice. "Remain Calm" 

"Damnit Kawi, I've not been able to keep myself properly calm since Cal... No excuses Teayre, remember you've got to survive for him."

Battle ID: 11055  

BD: 3( 2 + 1 ACC)

MD: 9 

Teayre

11/13

Dire Wolf

9/9

Her defensive stance didn't do much for her as the wolf lunged as it caught a hint of red on Teayre's face managing to land a bite on her unarmed right arm, keeping its grip tight. 

"What the? You filthy whelp!"

Bringing her sword crashing down she scores a clean hit on the wolf, at the cost of some of her own life points however.

Backing up a bit Teayre lets out a small sigh.

"I need to stop thinking about him, it's distracting me... Damnit why does he have to be so god damn cute!"

Taking a few more steps back Teayre eyes the red-eyed wolf glaring at her. 

"You can do this Teayre, just think, no don't think you fight better on reflex let your body do as it tells you."

ID: 11063

BD: 8(7+1Acc)

MD: 6

Teayre

10/13

Dire Wolf

6/9

Swinging her blade back and forth, Teayre closes her eyes, feeling the wind flow around her she darts forward, twirling in the air as the wolf lunges towards her she avoids the blow. Bringing her swords up in a rear grip she strikes along the length of the whelp, before jumping back watching the wolf. Seeing it roll over itself in the dirt, Teayre lets out a small cheer which was cut short by the wolf bringing itself back onto it's feet it's eyes gleaming a deeper crimson than before. 

"Well I guess it's about to get real now." muttered the girl, before she let out another sigh. Closing her eyes and reopening them slowly, Teayre sees the wolf has vanished from sight, spinning around she found that she couldn't locate the beast. Once she had stopped moving she heard a growl from behind her.

"Sneaky thing... for a whelp."

ID: 11064

BD: 9 (8 + 1 ACC)

MD: 3

Teayre

10/13

Dire Wolf

2/9 4DMG (3 base + 1 Crit)

OC: This is why ladies and gentlemen you keep a spare weapon on you at -all- times.

Hearing the growl get closer, Teayre jumps to her right dropping her weapon as she does so rolling over her shoulder she straightens herself out of the roll and locks eyes with the wolf, who now stood above her weapon. Cursing herself for her clumsiness Teayre quickly brings up the menu and equips her basic curved sword, swinging it to get used to the weight of it again.

"Right let's see if I can bait that wolf over here and get my sword back, blasted thing is quick... and smart to I'm glad Callie isn't here to see this, he's patronise me so much for dropping my weapon, wait till I get my familiar to show him though he'll be proud of me."

A small cough came about as Teayre finished, she'd breathed in some dust as she rolled, quickly readying her weapon she met the wolf's gaze again this time, her sword held behind her one hand out stretched towards the beast.

ID: 11068

BD: 1 [ouch]

MD: 3

Teayre

10/13

Dire Wolf

2/9

OC: I should probably have a back up back up weapon, like I do when I'm playing most other mmorpgs....

The wolf began to pace towards Teayre, gently darting forwards here and there clawing, biting and nipping at her. Managing to block most of them the last bite Teayre's sword bursts into crystals.

"My... My weapon..."

Sinking to the ground Teayre puts her hands on the ground before being knocked over backwards by the wolf, her health bar lowering every so slightly. 

"I can't believe it, I... I..."

Glaring at the wolf she spits at the ground in front of it.

"Why you filthy mangy mutt, you want to stop me seeing Calrex again don't you. Well that's not going to happen, you know why because I love him, he's mine and no one elses. I'll kill you and then I'll destroy the crystals you become before I clean the heels of my boots in the dust."

ID:11069

BD:1 (AGAIN!!!!!! D:)

MD: 5

Teayre

9/13

Dire Wolf

2/9

Agitated by the lack of respect shown to it the wolf lets out a low guttural growl, beginning to pace around Teayre it charges, as it leaps up aiming a bite towards her chest, Teayre rolls backwards throwing a kick up into the air as she does so. Breathing out she feels a weight on the sole of her boot she brings her other foot up to push the wolf even farther, a resounding crunch reaches Teayre's ears as she comes back onto her feet.

Seeing her sword unguarded she dashes over to it, tripping over her feet she sends herself into a roll and picking her Falchion up as she does so, bringing it back into her ready guard she awaits the wolfs next move with gritted teeth.

"The time has come for you to become little bits of jewellery embedded in my boot whelp."

ID: 11070

BD: 8 

MD: 1

Teayre

9/13

Dire Wolf

1/9

The wolf charged at her, darting in and managing to rake her sides before Teayre got a chance to get out of the way. Falling back she attempts to slash at the wolf's head to no avail, losing her balance with the swing she rolls with it, planting her hand on the ground she spins kicking the wolf in the face following through she brings her blade back up cutting along the length of the body of the wolf. 

As it explodes into crystals Teayre steps forwards raising her foot and grinds the crystal shards she manages to get a hold of into dust.

"I always keep my word you miserable whelp, don't you dare attempt to keep me from Calrex again."

Pulling up her menu she decides to send a message to her new boyfriend.

Subject: Something for you to See.

Heya Callie,

I've got something to show you, when you're done could you meet me at The Hogsback, I've got the same room for us again... I hope that's alright.

Pressing send, Teayre finds a log to sit on before munching down on some bread and water to slowly restore a little bit of the health that she lost.

Loot

1 Basic material (Wolf fang)

50 Col - 5 * LD:!0

ID: 11071
BD: 9 (8+1ACC)
MD: 8

LD: 10

Teayre
8/13

Dire Wolf
-3/9

Leaning back she closes her eyes for a moment when a message marker pops up in front of her.

Subject: Something for you to see.

Hey Teayre,

I'm on the sixth floor, I'll meet you back at the Hogsback.

"He's on the sixth floor, hmmm I wonder what he's doing up what ever it is I hope he doesn't get himself killed, he might be on that Gemini quest I was going to do that a bit later on and see how it goes so I might bump into him..."

Hitting the reply button Teayre quickly types out a message

Subject: Something for you to see.

Okay Callie, I'll meet you there tonight okay? I've got a few things I need to do today.

Looking around anxiously, Teayre spots an old caravan parked by the side of the road.

"That wasn't there before... What could it be."

Drawing her weapon Teayre approaches the caravan, her weapon held out in front, her body tensed ready to react to slightest notice of danger.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" The voice came from within the caravan, it sounded like it belonged to an older woman. Not about to let her guard down Teayre called back to the voice,

"A stranger madam, and what about yourself?"

"My my my a stranger indeed Teayre, you see I know a fair bit about you including your so called boyfriend." stepping out from inside the caravan, a aged woman appears, clearly seeing many a year, her skin was like parchment. "I also know that you came here to try and tame a beast, it's not as easy as those information brokers make out you know."

"I don't doubt that madam, but I will do my utmost to acquire the familiar, no companion I wish to have."

"Come close, let me have a look at you. Hold you yours hands." Teayre steps forward sheathing her weapon, something in the woman's voice let her shoulders sag, her neck be held high and granted the same feeling as if she was in Calrex's arms. Holding out her hands the aged woman takes them and turns them over inspecting them closely. 

"Now say Ahhh" 

"Ahhhhh"

"I've got to say, you have potential Teayre, you know I think I'll offer you this quest it's the only way to obtain a familiar or companion as you so politely put it. First you'll need some raw meat, and then you need to select what pet you wish for."

A window popped up in front of Teayre, looking down she pressed the accept button. When she looked up again there was no sign of the old lady.

"Weird... I wonder what happened to her, then again it is an mmorpg even if it's a virtual one."

Whilst looking over the terms of the quest another message rang through to Teayre.

Subject: Something for you to see.

Sure thing, be careful alright? I can't wait to see you again. Also I'll have a surprise for you as well once you get back!

"That baka, telling me to be careful I'm more careful then he is, plus I can actually hit the mobs."

Swiftly typing a reply back Teayre let's out a small chuckle.

Subject: Something for you to see.

From Teayre

I'm more concerned about you Callie, with your luck at hitting the mobs. I'm just finishing off a quest here before I head to the sixth floor, I've got one up there I want to do before the days out, with any luck I'll have time to.

As she finished typing the message another growl sounded from behind her...

"Great here we go again."

Drawing her weapon she turned to see another Dire Wolf stood there, ready to pounce.

The wolf darted to it's left, following it with her eyes Teayre took a step back turning as the wolf carried on circling. Eventually the beast pushed off on its hind legs and began to charge towards Teayre, its jaw wide open looking for some flesh. Catching the wolfs attack with her sword she slashes down as she pushes back, the beast falling to the ground.

"Huh... you're a bit weak arn't you, definitely don't want you for a companion now go!"

Swinging her sword she orders the beast away, it let's out a strangled snarl before digging its claws in getting ready for the next round. A cry came from behind a boulder nearby, the wolf quickly darted it's head towards the boulder before returning it's steely glare towards Teayre.

"So, there must be a spawn point or something there... Guess I'll have to look there when I finish up with you."

ID: 11100

BD:9 (8+1acc)

MD: 4

Teayre

9/13

Dire Wolf

5/9 4 DMG (3 Base + 1 Crit)

Darting to the left, Teayre slips landing on her backside the wolf darts towards her, its claws scrape over her skin. Screaming out Teayre rolls over scrambling to get away, eventually the wolf jumps away glaring at Teayre, a snarl rasping through it's lungs.

"Baka, how do I keep doing so well then failing all the time. Cal... forgive me if I die..."

A red tinge came across her as she mentioned Calrex's name, her knees giving way beneath her her hand placed over her sword as she sank to the ground.

"No... Teayre focus, Cal won't die for you so don't die for Cal!"

Quickly bring a menu up she sends a simple message to Calrex.

Subject: <Insert Subject>

I love you, I'm sorry.

ID: 11135

BD: 1

MD: 10

Teayre

6/13

Dire Wolf

5/9

The wolf darted forward, its fangs bared, zigzagging in order to try and through Teayre off it's attack it pounces before she ducks, it's claws scraping the back of her head. Her grip on her sword tightening, she swings it behind her thrusting it up, running it along the wolf's belly. Letting out a sigh of relief she calls up her menu quickly sending a message to Calrex.

Subject: Safe

Callie, I'm sorry if I worried you I was in a fight with a dire wolf and almost lost, I had two in a row without much of a break, going to find the thing I wanted to show you before I head back to town. Would you like to meet me in town, just meet up for some steak or something, or if you want I'm along the route on floor 1 to Horunka Village.

"I hope he doesn't get too crazy from it, but knowing him... Then again... Well I'll deal with Callie when the time comes for now lets go see what's behind that rock."

Walking over to the rocky outcrop that the wolf had glanced over at during the fight Teayre notices a small cub mewing there.

LOOT

1 Material - Wolf Pelt

35 Col - 5* LD 7

ID: 11184

BD: 10 (9+1 ACC)

MD: 7

Teayre

5/13

Dire Wolf

0/9 5 DMG (3Base + 2 Crit)

Crouching down Teayre looks at the poor cub, reaching out to it she places her hand on the beasts head.

"Aren't you a cute little thing, say are you hungry?"

Bringing up the loot window she offers the little cub some meat. The cub reaches and snatches the meat up before running off, showing no sign of interest in Teayre at all.

"Damn it, although I know what I'm looking at taming now wolf cub or even a wolf might work. Guess I'll have to search for a bit, for now though I'd best head back to town and rest for a little while to get my health back."

Straightening up Teayre makes her way back to Starting City, sliding herself into a steak house she orders a simple sirloin steak and chips. Tucking into it between mouthfuls of food, she sips her water making sure to savour every moment she can.

ID:11185
LD:7

Subject: <Insert Subject>

I love you, I'm sorry.

Calrex was resting when all of a sudden a message appeared from Teayre. It had no subject, and it seemed almost like a last rite. He immediately sprung to his feet in surprise.

"Teayre?! What in the world is happening on her end?"

He immediately left the Hogsback Inn, thinking all along the way.

"No subject line. She might not have had time to write one. So she might not be in the city. But the messa..."

Callie, I'm sorry if I worried you I was in a fight with a dire wolf and almost lost, I had two in a row without much of a break, going to find the thing I wanted to show you before I head back to town. Would you like to meet me in town, just meet up for some steak or something, or if you want I'm along the route on floor 1 to Horunka Village.

Calrex stopped his mad sprint as he slowed to a stop. He took a few calming breaths as he recovered his composure. He sent a response to her promptly.

Where are you at? I was at the Hogsback Inn, but I can meet you wherever. Are you alright?

He scratched the back of his head, "Man, my heart is still racing. I've gotta make sure she's ok."

Calling up her menu, Teayre found that Calrex had sent her another message.

Where are you at? I was at the Hogsback Inn, but I can meet you wherever. Are you alright?

Quickly typing another message she hit the sent button.

I'm so sorry Callie, I'm at a steak house by the entrance of Starting city.

Here's an invite so you can find me a bit easier  :)

Hitting the invite button, Teayre leans back.

"I'm going to be killed when he gets here..."

Letting out a small sigh, Teayre blushes, her heart begins to pound, her hand going to her ear and playing with the hair around it.

As Calrex made his way he saw new message appear from Teayre, giving him an invite as well so the he could easily trace get location. He nodded and sent a reply.

It's alright, I'm just glad you're safe. Go ahead and hang out there, I'm on my way

With that he quickly made his way to the restaurant, entering inside. His eyes quickly scanned the room, funding and recognizing Teayre in one of the booths. He swiftly moved over to her, using a hand to turn himself around to face her and make sure she was okay before he moved in and gave her a deep embrace, not letting go while he spoke. Even though Calrex was usually fairly calm, it was pain to see that he was ridiculously worried.

"Geezes what in the world happened? I thought I lost you..."