[PP-F1] <Feeding the Enemy> Calrex/Teayre

"It doesn't matter how long we rest, it's nice just being together."

Sitting up a bit more she shift's Calrex's head to the crook of her arm holding him there slowly stroking his hair. Softly kissing the top of his head at times.

"Baka, let's wait another hour or so then head out. I've decided on the animal type I want though we might need to go to a different floor to get it I'm not sure..."

Gazing down Teayre sees that Calrex has closed his eyes. carrying on stroking his head she closes her eyes as well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calrex felt a smile form on his face as he felt Teayre's finger running through his hair. Even though they were in a game the sensation was so lifelike he could hardly tell the difference. The main difference for him between the two was that it wasn't his own hands running through, but Teayre's.

"Baka, let's wait another hour or so then head out. I've decided on the animal type I want though we might need to go to a different floor to get it I'm not sure..."

He could feel Teayre begin to rest as he let his own mind relax as he drifted off once again. He moved himself slightly closer to her as he got more comfortable, breathing in her scent.

Teayre stirred as Calrex moved closer, his head now resting just below her neck, wrapping her arm around him she held him for some time, their breathing in sync. Not moving just watching him enjoyed their time together. Occasionally she would move that stray hair that fell across his face, or softly kiss the top of his head with much love and affection. Her eyes glistened and sparkled in the morning light, the sun bouncing of her skin giving it a yellow glow. Some time later she decided it was time to get up and make a move. Kissing her beloved a bit firmer she muttered some words to him in an attempt to rouse him from his slumber.

"Cal, Callie come on cutie pie, it's time we got up and made our way out. To get our companion."

Softly stroking his head she began to tickle his neck, 

"...pie, it's time we got up and made our way out. To get our companion."

As Teayre began to wake him up Calrex's eyes opened slowly as he got a sense of his surroundings, "Mmm, good morning..."

He did a quick stretch as he moved some of his hair out of his face, "Mmm, that was a nice dream..."

As he turned and saw Teayre he gave a smile, softly running a hand through her hair, "Maybe it's still a dream..."

He gave a quick yawn before getting to his feet, beginning to equip his equipment. His white shirt was overtaken by his blue jacket, and his Anneal Blade appeared in its sheath attached to the back of his hip, handle pointing towards his right side.

"I really need to work on getting some better equipment. If we're going to be taking on the harder floors I can't be doing it in the starting equipment for very long, or else I might not last. At the least Teayre and Oikawa managed to help me get a stronger weapon. It's really proven helpful so far."

After finishing getting ready he turned around, giving Teayre a quick kiss on the forehead, "Alright...should I try and be smooth, or is it going to come across weird again."

"So...are you gonna sit there looking beautiful, or are we going to get you a companion."

He tried to put a lighter feel to the sentence, although when it first started out he felt his cheeks flush at his attempt once again to try and be smooth...and failing miserably.

"Oh yeah, that's right! Please don't let it be expired..."

Calrex swiped through his inventory as he went over to the desk, checking and checking, "Not that...not that...ah here! Wow I'm surprised it's able to last this long."

"Also about that surprise, sorry it's not much but..."

He materialized the item he had gotten from the cafe, setting it on the desk. It was a strawberry parfait. He had noticed that Teayre seemed to enjoy strawberry sweets, so after the Gemini quest he stopped by and picked one up.

"So...are you gonna sit there looking beautiful, or are we going to get you a companion."

"Can't I do both Callie?"

She makes some movements underneath the sheets before diving towards Calrex, fully dressed now. Slinging her arms on his back as he mentions the strawberry parfait, Teayre drops down.

"S-strawberry P-p-parfait? For me? Cal! It's so sweet, b-but I'm not a fan of parfait... I'm really sorry."

She goes over to the table and sits down begins to eat the parfait.

"I'm... hmphnot sharing though, Gghet your hown."

Speaking with mouthfuls of food, her words are hard to make out.

"S-strawberry P-p-parfait? For me? Cal! It's so sweet, b-but I'm not a fan of parfait... I'm really sorry."

Calrex smiled as he snapped his fingers, "Darn it. Alright, I'll get you something better next time." Although he was slightly disappointed he wasn't 100% on the mark, he was glad that Teayre appreciated the attempt. As she went over and began to wolf it down he put a hand on the back of his head.

"I'm... hmphnot sharing though, Gghet your hown."

He gave a laugh at her ferocity against the parfait as she consumed, "You sure it's alright? I don't want to force you to eat it if you don't prefer it...although it might be kind of late to say that..." He made sure to keep his words light to show no obligation to uphold them. He was just enjoying watching Teayre being happy at the moment, "Once you're all finished we'll get moving. Where did you want to go to attempt the search again?"

"You sure it's alright? I don't want to force you to eat it if you don't prefer it...although it might be kind of late to say that..."

As Calrex finished speaking, Teayre turned around holding the empty glass bowl that the parfait was in.

"Sorry, what were you saying Callie?" softly she added under her breath "Baka, you got me something... It tastes even better than parfait normally does, it's no sundae but this is better cause you got me it baka."

Flashing him her usual grin, Teayre reaches for his hand.

"Right, I've decided on the animal I want as a companion, as much as I -love- wolves I mean they're like almost second to you in how much I love them. I would like an eagle so we'll need to go to Floors 2 or 7 for one of them. Personally I'd like to go to Floor 7 but it'd be a bit of a struggle for us at the moment, so Floor 2 is the much better bet. That said we'd need to go to one of the mountains, we can't use High Fields of Crossing, - although it'd be nice to visit that bit at some point - as it's a safe zone. Any thoughts Callie?"

"Sorry, what were you saying Callie?"

As Calrex saw Teayre turn around, showing him the empty parfait cup he raised a hand as a smile came on his face. He laughed for a second, the act seeming like something you would see out of a comedy.

"Right, I've decided on the animal I want as a companion, as much as I -love- wolves I mean they're like almost second to you in how much I love them. I would like an eagle so we'll need to go to Floors 2 or 7 for one of them. Personally I'd like to go to Floor 7 but it'd be a bit of a struggle for us at the moment, so Floor 2 is the much better bet. That said we'd need to go to one of the mountains, we can't use High Fields of Crossing, - although it'd be nice to visit that bit at some point - as it's a safe zone. Any thoughts Callie?"

Calrex smiled as Teayre reached for his hand. He extended it, interlocking his fingers with hers as he responded, "I'm perfectly fine with going to the second floor. Going by the level we're currently at we should be alright. Plus if we can only find eagles on those two floors I would probably prefer one that had slightly weaker enemies so we don't have to worry about getting overwhelmed."

"You wouldn't get overwhelmed Callie, you're very strong... You just have a little troubkle hitting things sometimes."

Pulling him closer to her Teayre pecks the top of his nose befire leading Calrex to the teleportaion plaza, her.

"Cal, you ready?"

Making sure Calrex was ready she waits for him and as he says the words she mimics him.

"Teleport Uburus."

The usual whirling sensation takes her as she appears on the teleportation platform.

"Let's go, I here eagles are quite high in number on the mountain east of here."

Teayre sets off towards the western gate of the city.

Calrex gave a smile as Teayre assured him that they would be alright because of his strength, "Hey, don't go boosting my ego just yet, heh."

He followed her over to the teleportation plaza, steeling his senses as they approached the portal.

"Cal, you ready?

"Yeah, let's do this."

As Teayre disappeared in front of him he pulled down his menu, setting his destination for the second floor's main settlement, Uburus. As he reappeared in the medieval city he looked around, locating Teayre and moving over to her, "Let's go, I here eagles are quite high in number on the mountain east of here."

"Well I guess that's good. It means a higher chance of you finding a familiar right?"

He adjusted the Anneal Blade in his sheath so that it rested comfortable and was locked in place, following Teayre to the west gate, "Do you have what you need in order to tame one of the eagles?"

"Ummm I have a load of scrap meat I was going totry with, hopefully it'll do the trick."

Looking around Teayre begins to head out the gate, Calrex in hand,

"Say Cal... Hold still for a sec."

Walking behind him Teayre jumps up onto his back. Laughing loudly she wraps her arms around Calrex's neck her legs hooking over his hips.

"Right I'm all set now Cal, to the east mountain!"

She points westwards again, a huge amile plastered across her face.

"Gh!"

As Teayre leapt onto his back in a piggyback position Calrex felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head.

"Right I'm all set now Cal, to the east mountain!"

He looked up, seeing the large smile that Teayre had on her face, giving a happy sigh as he adjusted her legs so that they rested on top of his sword sheath, almost like a makeshift leg holder. He looped his arms around her legs as he gave a quick bump to make sure she was secure, "Alright, let's do this."

"Well a piggyback is a lot easier than the princess carry, since the weight is in an actual load-bearing area. I should be fine for at least some of the walk."

As they exited the gate Calrex kept his eyes peeled, looking left and right for any potential enemies. If there was one thing he didn't want to happen, it was an excess of encounters that would wear them down and potentially kill them. While his right arm was supporting Teayre, he kept his hand close to his sword hilt in case anything happened, "Alright Teayre you're in control. Which way are we going?"

"I think east is the way I pointed... Then again my sense of direction is shot. From what I remember from the map, the trail to the east mountain begins to the North-East of Uburus so that'll be where we need to go."

Tightening her grip on Calrex, she kisses his cheek.

"Lead the way Romeo."

Patting him on the head, Teayre look around enjoying the gentle breeze that came through the air. Leaning back she let out a squeal of delight.

"Callie we need to do this more often. We should be nearing the base soon, providing you went the right way... As I said I have no idea of direction."

Calrex smiled as he noticed Teayre seemed to be enjoying the ride as he continued in the direction that Teayre suggested, "Well, let's hope that this is the right way then."

As they traveled for a few more minute he began to pick up the familiar screeches of birds as he slowed his pace for a second, "I'm guessing that means we're close. We should probably be at the ready in case any swoop in."

He drew his Anneal Blade as he did a quick look around the immediate area, then looked up and searched the skies.

"None in view just yet, but from what I remember eagles can travel fairly quickly. Not so fast we wouldn't see them coming, but enough that we would be cause unprepared."

He flipped his sword into reverse as he continue walking.

"Let me look at my map Callie."

Bringing up her menu and the map, Teayre suddenly falls backwards of Calrex's back.

"Aiee! Cal.... We've... we've gone the wrong way, we went to the west mountain instead of the east. They're do look to be eagles here though.... So it might be okay."

Standing she looks around as she does so a Giant Eagle swoops down its talons drawn back. Pushing Calrex forwards Teayre jumps up, the eagle's talons missing her striking the bird, she scores a hit along the midsection.

ID: 11539

BD: 9 (8 + 1ACC)

MD: 2

HP List

Calrex: 17/17

Teayre: 15/15

Enemies

Giant Eagle: 8/12 4 DMG (3 Base + 1 Crit)

ID: 11542

Battle Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)

"Whoa!"

As Teayre shoved him forward he went into a quick roll to spring back to his feet, turning as he saw Teayre manage to score a strong hit on the eagle that had swooped down from out of their sight, "Tch! I had a feeling something like this might happen. Well, at least it might be a good sign."

Calrex watched as the eagle made it's flight around, preparing for another charge from above. He readied his sword, bracing for impact.

"Alright, this one is fairly large. If we get rid of this one quickly we might be able to find that familiar faster."

As the eagle swooped down Calrex lowered his stance. As the eagle got within range he quickly stabbed upwards at a diagonal, reinforcing his grip by placing his free hand over his sword arm's wrist.. The eagle's beak and talons flew clear of him as he managed to get s running cut all the way down to the tail, bringing his sword out of the eagle as it completed its flight.

"Switch!"

HP List

Enemies:

Giant Eagle: 3/12

As the eagle turned around to swoop back in towards Calrex, Teayre moved in front of him. her sword spinning she jumped up slicing the eagle clean in two as it disappeared into crystals.

"You okay Cal? I'm thinking out best bet will be to get to one of the nests by the top. Fancy a bit of climbing?"

Running on ahead she makes sure her swords is fully sheathed and locked in place before starting to climb the perilous cliff face.

ID: 11578

BD: 10 (9 + 1 ACC)

MD: 1

LD: 1

HP List

Enemies:

Giant Eagle: -2/12 5DMG (3 Base + 2 Crit)

"Yeah...I'm fine. Definitely not a creature I've encountered so far, heh."

"...I'm thinking our best bet will be to get to one of the nests by the top. Fancy a bit of climbing?

Calrex looked ahead as he saw Teayre sheath her sword and began to climb the cliff face, "Oh man, I hope there isn't a falling damage mechanic in this game."

He moved over to where she had begun climbing, scooting a few feet to the side, looking for some good grip points. With that he made his way up, "I'll try to keep my head down Teayre, but be careful alright?"

"Don't want to be taking any accidental peeks while we're climbing, but it is tough since I would like to be aware of my surroundings, including up above."

Blushing Teayre, looks down catching his eye flashing him a wicked smile, she carries on climbing. "If I remember rightly it does have a falling mechanic, so we'd better be careful Cal."

Slowly working her way up, Teayre swings herself from side to side catching various handholds lifting herself up.

"This is easier than I thought it'd be Callie, come on see if you can keep up!"

With that she started climbing the cliff face almost like she was a spider.

Calrex kept his head down, but as he felt some small rocks bouncing off of him he heard Teayre's movements getting faster and faster.

"Aw man is she speeding up?!"

"This is easier than I thought it'd be Callie, come on see if you can keep up!"

"...that would be a yes."

He tried to keep up by looking up and diagonally to avoid getting catching Teayre in his field of vision, grabbing onto the rock faces he could, scaling up the cliff at a decent speed, although how fast compared to Teayre he couldn't really tell.

"Looks like the Acrobatics skill is useful in this application as well. My body seems fairly light and easy to maneuver, which is making getting around this cliff face significantly easier."