[PP-F1] <Feeding the Enemy> Calrex/Teayre

Tears began to appear on her face.

"I'm... S-s-sorry, I was fighting a wolf and I started off doing well, but then I dropped my blade and i-it b-broke the s-starter w-weapon I-I..."

Sobbing uncontrollably Teayre returned Calrex's embrace burying her face into his shoulder.

"I... I took the q-quest Feeding The Enemy, b-because I wanted-d to get a little p-p-pet to s-surprise you with Cal. I'm-m so sorry I w-worried you."

Turning herself slightly so Calrex was still holding her she grabs the last bit of her steak, that was beautiful pink in the centre before popping it into her mouth. then curling her arms upwards to hold onto his arms.

"I fought a wolf then when I tried to tame another wolf, it took the food I was using and t-then i-i-it ran away."

Breaking down into more tears, she turns back into Calrex, her arms locked around his body her face going a cherry red.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calrex have a sigh of relief as Teayre explained what she was up to. It was heartwarming to hear she was trying to surprise him with a pet creature. He continued to hold her as he called himself as well, brushing the back of her hair, "You're silly Teayre. I do appreciate the gesture, and I know it's supposed to be a surprise but..."

He extended his arms so he could get a look at her face. He took one of his hands and tried to softly wipe of the glistening teardrops, "... how about I give you a hand on this one? "

He did a couple of swipes through his inventory, remembering the surprise he had gotten her from the cafe.

"I wonder if I should give this now or later..."

"Y-you'll help me?"

Tears subsiding, Teayre lifts her head gazing into Calrex's eyes, a small smile on her lips as she shifts herself closer as she gently kisses Calrex's succulent lips.

"T-thank you Cal, although it is getting late would you mind if we went back to the inn for tonight and tried again tomorrow, plus I'm... I'm..."

Unable to finish her sentence Teayre gestures to where her health bar would be should Calrex look.

"I-I'm... Sorry Cal."

More tears coming along she throws her arms around his neck curling up into his lap, gently rocking back and forth.

"I r-r-really thought I was going to die..."

"T-thank you Cal, although it is getting late would you mind if we went back to the inn for tonight and tried again tomorrow, plus I'm... I'm..."

Calrex looked over at where Teayre was directing him. His eyes widened for a second when he saw her health not only in the red... but almost completely depleted.

"I-I'm... Sorry Cal...I r-r-really thought I was going to die..."

" Even though I knew this was a death game, this is a serious reality check. I gotta do whatever I can to keep this from happening again "

"Yeah, let's head back to the inn. We'll continue the quest after you've fully recovered. But I know what you mean..."

He recalled his earlier experience fighting his come on the sixth floor, and how close that match had been. Had the clone gotten a couple more good his he might've not been here right now.

"Would you mind... I mean... could you... I don't think I can walk at the moment... I barely managed to get here, and I worried you so much... I almost lost myself, I almost made you loose me Cal... I'm sorry."

Keeping Calrex pulled close she doesn't let go, she whispers in his ear.

"Don't let go of me please Cal, stay close... no matter what happens. I am -never- letting go of you, you hear me."

Her eyes gazed up into Calrex's as her voice raises until she is full on shouting.

"don't. you. EVER. Leave! Me! THAT WAY!"

Hugging him tight again,

"The only way I'll let you go, is if you want me to let you go otherwise I am never letting you go Callie."

"Don't let go of me please Cal, stay close... no matter what happens. I am -never- letting go of you, you hear me."

"don't. you. EVER. Leave! Me! THAT WAY!"

Calrex was surprised for a second as Teayre locked her gaze with his as her voice raised. He felt a sweatdrop form on the side of his head as Teayre finished her sentence. He was taken aback for a second until Teayre resumed her tight embrace of him.

"The only way I'll let you go, is if you want me to let you go otherwise I am never letting you go Callie."

Calrex nodded as he continued to hold Teayre tight.

"I've never done this before. I hope I'm strong enough. If not this is going to be one embarrassing attempt."

After confirming payment for the food Calrex leaned in and whispered to Teayre, "Forgive me if this doesn't work, but hold onto me tight Teayre."

He slowly stood up, wrapping his arms around Teayre as he began to try carrying her standing up.

ID: 11325

Battle Dice: 5

He managed to make it about five paces before he felt his arms telling him he wasn't able to carry her any further with his arms, "Gh!" He knelt over and slowly let Teayre down, "Sorry Teayre. I guess I'm not as strong as I thought."

"Well yeah, in you previous relationships they didn't even let you. What makes you think you were strong enough to attempt the princess carry all of a sudden."

"Let's get back to the inn. I've got to fill you in on the quest I took as well. Although...well...you may not like how some of it went..."

He scratched the back of his head. He tried to make it more obvious than he usually let on, but he wanted to be honest with Teayre about it.

She wasn't the only one who had a close encounter with death that day.

"Although...well...you may not like how some of it went..."

Teayre's ears pricked as Calrex finished off the sentence, going very quiet all of a sudden she took his hand before leading him back to the hotel room. Remaining silent she pushed him onto the bed. Sitting down next to him and equipping a silver night gown, with a green flower pattern rolling through it, she takes her sword and places it on the same side as the bed as the previous night before turning to face Calrex.

"Shoes off, comfy clothes on. Then tell me what happened... I'll... try not to over react okay Cal?"

"Shoes off, comfy clothes on. Then tell me what happened... I'll... try not to over react okay Cal?"

Calrex nodded, his face blushing for a second as Teayre equipped her nightgown.

"Dangit, it's a serious moment here Calrex. Why does everything she wears look sooo good on her?"

Calrex pulled down his menu, unequipping his boots and jacket, making sure he was wearing some comfortable clothes before sitting in the bed, turning to face Teayre, "Alright, here we go."

With that he began telling his story to Teayre, about how he had gone to the sixth floor in the morning, planning to search around for a particular quest. He told her about the <<Gemini>> battle, how he had been tricked into a Total Loss duel. He told how the clone used the same style of fighting that he had used, the trading of strong blows that almost nearly got him killed. He put a hand behind his head in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry...I-I had no idea that it was going to turn out that way. I should have been more careful..."

He put his hand back down, letting out a small sigh.

"I'm usually so careful with preventing that from happening. How could I have missed such a detail. It nearly got me killed."

Stunned into silence, Teayre looks away for a second before turning and wrapping both arms around Calrex.

"BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA!"

Pulling him down onto the bed, she buries her face into his chest. Gently hitting it with a closed fist as well, as tears keep streaming down her face.

"Baka! Be careful next time."

After a few minutes she stops the thumping, and just pulls Calrex close to her not letting him escape her arms.

"Baka, I love you, don't -ever- do that again you understand?"

Calrex was silent as Teayre pulled him in, crying into his chest as she softly hit him. He understood entirely what she meant.

"I want to protect her with all I can, but I can't sacrifice myself in the process. I said it to that clone as well, that I can't afford to die here, not in this game. There's too much at stake now for me to even contemplate any form of martyrdom. I couldn't do that to her..."

"Baka, I love you, don't -ever- do that again you understand?"

Calrex nodded as he wrapped his arms around Teayre, "I understand...just...please don't do that to yourself either ok?"

He gave a sigh as he managed to get the words out, "You don't have to worry about doing something alone. I'm with you now. If it feels like too much...please call on me. I..."

The sight of Teayre's nearly depleted health bar flashed though his mind, the light in his eyes disappearing for a second, just like before. It returned with the rest of his sentence, "...I don't want to lose you either."

Looking deep into his eyes, Teayre noticed how cold they seem to go as Calrex stopped speaking, raising a hand to his cheek Teayre falls into silence before simply kissing him. It was different from before, it was not like the chaste kisses that had exchanged before, her free hand went round to his hair and gripped it tightly. Her mouth parting slightly a few words coming out, barely louder than a whisper, before her kiss resumed.

"Callie, I won't loose myself for you."

"Callie, I won't loose myself for you."

As Teayre moved in and began her kiss Calrex felt his face flush. It wasn't the same type of kiss they had shared before. Even when they first confessed their feeling for each other the kisses were light, almost like butterflies. This time she had her hand gripping the back of his head, keeping his head fixed against her. It might have been the heat of the moment, or for whatever reason he had noticed that she was using all of her strength to try and keep him close to her.

Of course, it didn't require that much strength. Calrex wasn't going to move from where he was. His eyes closed as he wrapped his arms around Teayre, returning her kiss. His left arm he let rest on her back while his other hand gently wrapped around her head, some of his fingers sliding through her hair as he held her face close to his.

It felt like a significant amount of time had passed from that exchange when Calrex gently broke the kiss, "Hey, we should probably get some sleep if we're going to do this quest tomorrow right?"

As Calrex broke the kiss, Teayre tried to go back in for more.

"Hey, we should probably get some sleep if we're going to do this quest tomorrow right?"

"I guess you're right Callie, can we cuddle for a bit before we sleep?"

Climbing into the covers, Teayre pulls Calrex closer to her. Slowly planting a lingering kiss along his lips, her hands placed on either side of his face.

"I love you Callie, I've been thinking what pet should I get? I love wolves, but wouldn't having an owl or a falcon be cool as well? Ooooh what about an eagle?"

Her eyes full of excitement as she started talking about what animal to get as her familiar.

"I mean, I think I've been going about this all wrong I reckon I need to go out into the wild, and let my familiar find me if that makes sense, whilst I'm doing that could you..."

Swallowing before she finishes her sentence.

"Could you protect me whilst I wait in the forest for my familiar please Callie?"

"I love you Callie, I've been thinking what pet should I get? I love wolves, but wouldn't having an owl or a falcon be cool as well? Ooooh what about an eagle?"

Calrex smiled as he heard Teayre talking about which familiar she would like to get. It was a nice shift from the seriousness of their earlier conversation. He brushed her hair while she continued talking. He let his attention focus as Teayre made a request of him.

"I mean, I think I've been going about this all wrong I reckon I need to go out into the wild, and let my familiar find me if that makes sense, whilst I'm doing that could you...Could you protect me whilst I wait in the forest for my familiar please Callie?

Calrex gave a smile as he nodded, wrapping his arms around her, "Of course I will. Just let me know where we're going and I'll be right there by your side."

"It's so warm in your arms..." Letting out a yawn, Teayre begins to drifts off  muttering different names. "Calrex, what do you think I should call our familiar? What animals do you like as well?"

Rolling over she drags one of Calrex's arms over her.

"C-callie, I l-love...."

Finally falling asleep mid-sentence Teayre's hair cascades down still in it's half ponytail, her gown draping over her body, whilst her feet are pressed against Calrex's legs and her back against his chest. Her breathing being deep and slow she occasionally moves slightly but not enough to disturb her sleeping partner.

Calrex listened as he heard Teayre's voice softly fade out as she went to sleep, relaxing himself.

"We definitely learned the seriousness of being close to death in this game today. Hopefully this'll work for the better and help us to become stronger, rather than forming a crutch that keep us from moving forward to get out of this game."

He pulled the covers of the bed so that both of them were covered by the blankets, giving a quick kiss to Teayre's cheek before he began to close his eyes and let himself sleep as well.

"I'm not going to let her die, not if I can help it..."

Waking up partway through the night, Teayre sees Calrex fast asleep, slowly she raises a hand stroking his face planting a kiss on his head she feels an intense heat, calling up her menu she unequips what she's wearing before cuddling back up to Calrex.

"My Callie, you're so handsome, so beautiful I'm glad I met you."

Nuzzling his cheek with hers, she began to drift off again.

Calrex slowly opened his eyes as he noticed underneath his eyelids that the simulated sun had began to shine through the window. He blinked a few times as he got a grasp of his surroundings. He felt the warmth of the blanket, the coolness of the breeze that came from the window, the soft feel of skin...

"Skin?"

He moved his hand around a few more times, affirming his suspicion. He understood that he had fallen asleep next to Teayre, so he would understand if he was feeling his face. But this wasn't her face.

"What in the world?"

He finally looked down to where his arm was. Due blanket was covering his arm as he looked and saw Teayre still fast asleep. He smiled and snuck a quick kiss on her lips. As he lifted the blanket slightly his eyes flushed beet red as he almost fell out of the bed, "Gah!"

"W-When did she unequip her gown? Now she's only wearing the default undergarments of the character!"

He felt his heart racing like crazy as he tried to get himself under control, taking a few breath to try and calm himself.

Her eyes flickering open Teayre sees that Calrex has fallen out of.

"Callie, w-what's wrong? C-come back to sleep for a bit longer with me" pining, her lips forming a pout.

Looking down, her pout dropped leaving her mouth wide agape.

"Oh... this, it got warm last night and I didn't want to get out of bed and disturb you... So I just unequipped my clothes"

Bringing her menu up, she equips her nightgown and shuffles over on the bed, offering her hand to Calrex.

"Come on let's get a little bit more sleep Callie."

As he saw Teayre's gown reappear on her Calrex felt his heartbeat slow a little closer back to normal. He got to his feet as he dusted himself off, going back under the sheets, "S-Sure thing...although I'm not sure how much more sleep I'll be able to get." He put a laugh as he spoke to put a fun spin on his sentence.

For his right hand he slid his finger, interlocking them with the hand Teayre offered him, while his left wrapped around her in a warm embrace.

"You're silly Teayre. If you keep doing stuff like this my real body's definitely gonna have a heart attack."

"How much longer do you think we can rest until we should head out? I mean...not that I mind at all." Calrex smiled as he placed his face close to Teayre's head, breathing in her scent once again as he slowly closed his eyes.