[PP-F5] COMPLETE <<The Traveler>> Third Wheelin' It (Calrex/Teayre/Ariel)

The fifth floor was not only aesthetically different compared to the fourth floor, it was also different temperature wise. And to think there is a floor hotter than this. Oikawa paced back and forth outside the gates of Armadillo. He was waiting on two good friends of his. Glancing around, he noticed his familiar had decided to take the smartest approach to the heat. The little grey leopard sat perched under a palm tree, avoiding the heat and staying cool in the shade. Honestly why didn't I think of that.

He quit pacing and joined King under the palm tree as they waited on their company to arrive.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was looking to be a very busy string of days following the night he and Teayre became a couple. Calrex scratched the back of his head as he saw Oikawa had invited him to the fifth floor to assist him with a quest. He stood at the portal in the first floor Starting City, his equipment at the ready.

"Who would've thought things would pick up so quickly after entering the game. Well, no time like the present. I wouldn't suspect Oikawa to take us in a quest that we wouldn't be able to complete...I think."

He pulled down his menu, selecting the fifth floor. It was one he had not yet explored, it it would be something interesting to check out. As he selected it he vanished in a flash of light from the first floor, reappearing on the fifth floor.

Immediately the first thing he noticed upon arriving was that there was a slightly intense heat radiating around, "Ook, that I wasn't expecting..."

The sun seemed to be beating down on the settlement as he made his way around, "I'll need to get out of this heat."

He looked around, seeing Oikawa and a small leopard resting underneath a tree, "Hm...is that Oikawa's pet. I remember there was a quest about familiars, maybe that's what he's been busy doing."

He walked over, deciding to give a friendly wave to get his attention. As he got underneath the tree he immediately felt the heat dissipate off him, "Well, the heat is certainly new."

Dashing towards Starting City's portal area, she sees Calrex pull up her menu.

"CALLIE WAIT!"

Calling after him, it was no use however as he disappeared in a flash of bright white light.

"Baka, wait until I get a hold of him I'll URGH!" Stopping across the ground she pulls up her menu quickly hitting the fifth floor she feels woozy as lights and sound rush past her.

Coming out of the portal she falls straight to her knees.

"That gets me every time, now where is he."

Looking around she spots Oikawa and what seemed to be a snow leopard underneath a palm tree. Seeing a blue haired figure in a jacket she makes her way over to him, she brings a fist down towards the back of Calrex's head feeling it collide, she lets a small out a small hmph.

"Hey Oikawa, I would of been here sooner but someone left me behind."

ID: 11107

BD: 6

(No damage dealt was just to see if I hit)

The wait wasn't long. King lifted his head at the sound of approaching shuffles. Looking up, Oikawa noticed the familiar bluenette, for once not being Keith or Haine, and returned his friendly wave. "It's been a while Cal. How's SAO treating ya?" Moving over so Calrex could sit, Oikawa introduced him to King. "This guy right here is the noble King. I rescued him from a kidnapping by a pack wolves. Crazy right? And ever since, we've been traveling together." Petting King, Oikawa looked around."Hey where's Teayre? I figured you guys would be an item by now" he stated with a soft chuckle.

No sooner than that sentence left his mouth, a petite girl wielding her favorite falchion, stormed her way over to the group under the shade. As soon as she was close enough, she greeted Oikawa, all the while punching Calrex for leaving her behind. "So you two are a thing? Congrats haha!"

As Oikawa acknowledged his presence he put his hand in his pocket, "Well, I'm still alive, so I would assume it's treating me fairly well."

As he introduced his familiar Calrex looked over at the leopard. For being kidnapped by wolves, Oikawa seemed to have nursed him back into fine shape. Calrex responded with a nod and a smile at the familiar.

"Hey where's Teayre? I figured you guys would be an item by now"

As Oikawa brought up the name of Teayre Calrex felt his cheeks flush as he put a hand behind his head, looking up to the side, "S-She was right behind me the last I saw..."

His sentence was interrupted by the feeling of a fist coming down on the back of his head, "Ack!"

"Hey Oikawa, I would of been here sooner but someone left me behind."

Teayre had appeared right behind him, giving him a small hmph of discontent.

Calrex rubbed the back of his head, a sweatdrop forming on the side of his head, "Sorry about that. I thought you were right behind me last I checked."

"So you two are a thing? Congrats haha!"

Calrex lowered his hand as he smiled in response, "Thanks man!" He put a hand on Teayre's head, rubbing her hair, "And sorry again about that. I'll make it up to you."

"What do you think of my new outfit Oikawa, Cal picked it out for me yesterday the headband is a little tricky so it takes a while for me to get it on properly" [OC: It's my profile pic]

Giving another twirl she looked down at the leopard, walking over to him she holds her hand out before scratching behind his ear.

"Hello King, I'm Teayre you're cute you know, not as cute as a wolf but definitely very cute."

Feeling a hand on her head Teayre turns round shooting daggers at Calrex.

"You. Know. How. Long. It. Took. Me. To. Do. My. Hair! Sorry Kawi, I'll be just a moment..."

Drawing her flachion she swings it towards Calrex missing on purpose before planting it down by his feet. Pouncing on him she whispers in his ear.

"You're lucky you're so damn cute."

Teayre made mention of her new outfit. Gazing about, he smiled and spoke. "Looks like a great fit. Hope it had decent protection though. You can look cute all you want, but once you're outside the safe zone, that red dress become your battle armor. " Man I sounded like a debbie downer... She then became flustered with Cal's hair antic and tackled him to the ground. Those two seem quite acquainted with each other. I wonder if they've grown any stronger however...

*Ting*

A notification appeared on his HUD, Opening it, he quickly replied and gestured for his messenger to disappear. "Alright so I have invited another companion to join us. Her name is Ariel and she is a front liner with the Azure Brigade. She should be here shortly." King yawned, apparently bored. "King don't get restless. Things are about to get interesting real soon."

Calrex watched in surprise as Teayre turned, giving him a stare of death, "Gh!"

"You. Know. How. Long. It. Took. Me. To. Do. My. Hair! Sorry Kawi, I'll be just a moment..."

A look of dread flashed across his face as he saw Teayre's falchion come flying at him out of nowhere. He took a couple of steps back as she planted it into the ground before tackling him to the ground.

"You're lucky you're so damn cute."

Calrex gave a sigh of relief as he got to his feet.

"Alright so I have invited another companion to join us. Her name is Ariel and she is a front liner with the Azure Brigade. She should be here shortly."

"Hm...another companion. That oughta be useful in this quest."

"So anyways, Oikawa, what's this quest you were talking to us about?"

Calrex adjusted the Anneal Blade on his hip as he his hands in his jacket pockets, looking around the area. It looked like the theme of this particular floor was of a desert, with the settlement made out of dunes and sand. He shook his head to get some of the sand out of his hair as he scratched the back of his head.

Leaning back Teayre let the sun beat down onto her skin, letting out a yawn mimicking King, she reaches her arms up stretching before getting up and giving Calrex a hug from behind.

"Cal, let's focus we can't afford to get distracted it'd possibly kill both of us, and I definitely don't want that."

Hearing Oikawa mention another player join us,

"The more the merrier Kawi, it'll be good to have another player to help us."

"So anyways, Oikawa, what's this quest you were talking to us about?"

"It'd be good to know Kawi, what does the quest entail, do we need to work out a fighting rotation now, what's Ariel's fighting style."

First to step out of the teleportation gate was Kimba, the white lion cub and Ariel's familiar that started sniffing around. Then followed Ariel  with a uncharacteristic unpleased face: "Here we are again girl, this place is hot as ever, isn't it?" she asked her familiar. The cub simply let out a bored growl and started walking ahead

"Oh c'mon, don't be like that, we're here to assist Oikawa and a couple of newbies. Think of it as another chance to befriend King." said the blond while walking behind her familiar.

They walked a little before 3 figures could be spotted in the distance, as she drew closer Ariel could recognise Oikawa, accompanied by what appeared to be a couple that wasn't afraid to display public affection. As the 2 drew closer they could hear them speak and if the blond would notice her she would make a *shush* gesture, putting her index finger to her lips,  while closing in on the couple from behind. She could hear bits of their conversation as she approach and decided to silently close in as the girl in red dress asked about her fighting style:

"Let me help you answer that." she said from behind them.

"I don't know what our friend 'Kawi' will say and honestly I'm curious to hear it. But I can tell you that the fencing championships commentators IRL , gave me a pretty unusual nickname, that is 'Crowned Lion'. I don't know if it was because of my full name or my fighting style but I hope it was the later one. In any case, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Kayla Ariel D'Sole and these here is my companion, Kimba." She adopts a solemn stance while introducing herself then points towards the white lion that completely ignored her introductions and went directly by King's side, extending her paw towards him. "You'll have to excuse her, she doesn't really like the sand and well, does whatever she pleases all the time." She then shows a grin while addressing Oikawa: "Anyway 'Kawi' your response is?"

((P.S: Ariel and Kimba's descriptions are in the signature.

"The quest is from a weary NPC traveler who lost their cargo in the desert. Our objective is to retrieve the said cargo. The quest is to take at the least a day and a night." Out of his peripheral, Oikawa noticed a familiar white cub and a blond approaching from the town. Ariel gestured for him to keep quiet as she snuck up on Cal and Teayre. Introducing herself and Kimba, she waited for him to continue his explanation. "As for miss Ariel's fighting style, it is one of precision, elegance, and above all raw power. She is accurate and hits hard. A formidable opponent and an even better ally. We will surely succeed with all of our strengths coming together to complete this quest." Oikawa glanced over as Kimba tried once more to get King's attention. Still lazying about, the leopard once again seemed to pay the cub no mind. 

"Aye King! Wake up. That isn't how you treat a lady." Opening his sapphire eyes, King sat up and bowed to Kimba and Ariel. Then with no hesitation, he placed his paw on Kimba's before removing it and standing watch as usual. "Well if there aren't anymore questions, lets get a move on."

Calrex turned as the new arrival appeared behind him and Teayre, introducing herself as Oikawa's friend Ariel.

"I don't know what our friend 'Kawi' will say and honestly I'm curious to hear it. But I can tell you that the fencing championships commentators IRL , gave me a pretty unusual nickname, that is 'Crowned Lion'. I don't know if it was because of my full name or my fighting style but I hope it was the later one. In any case, allow me to introduce myself, I'm Kayla Ariel D'Sole and these here is my companion, Kimba."

At the same time as her last sentence Calrex looked down to see a white lion cub appear from behind her leg. Calrex smiled as he nodded, "It's nice to meet the both of you. I'm Calrex."

As Oikawa explained to them the mission Calrex nodded as he adjusted his sword once again.

"Well if there aren't anymore questions, lets get a move on."

Calrex nodded, "Alrighty, let's do this."

"Kitty!"

Dashing over to Kimba, Teayre squats down holding her hand out to the lion cub.

"Nice to meet you Kimba, I'm Teayre."

After paying attention to Kimba for a small while, Teayre stands up and looks at Ariel.

"Ariel, your familiar is beautiful."

Turning to Oikawa, her hand slithering down to grasp Calrex's.

"What's the plan then? As you can see I am a fairly low level player, I'll do what I can, but my main aim is for no one to die."

Seeing King respond to her act Kimba let out a satisfied growl, then the girl came to her and she return the gesture of extending her paw at her hand, covering it completely as she started purring. Ariel shows a smile while thinking: "Got another admirer now heh?" next responding to the girl who addressed her. "Beautiful... yes that's was what I thought when we first meet. Now...let's say that I see her as a....*she stopped to think of a proper word to describe Kimba without insulting her*...as a troublesome innocent child, yeah." she then took a look with the corner of her eye at the lion cub to see its reaction, it seems her statement didn't faze her so Ariel let out a sigh of relief.

She then unsheathed her black rapier in one elegant and fluid trained movement impaling it into the ground and taking one of her favorite stances, the guardman stance before speaking in a serious tone: "Nice to meet you both and don't worry neither me or Oikawa plan on letting you guys take any hits." she then makes a couple of hand gestures and summons her inventory taking two items from it and handing to each one. To Teayre she gave the 'Accuracy Bracelet' she made a few days ago at her shop and to Caldrex she gave 'Vampirism', a neatly folded red cotton shirt to be in tone with Teayre's red motive dress, saying: "I know it isn't much but it'll help you get started, I've made them at my shop, 'The Lion's Den'. Make sure to drop by and say 'Hi' sometime." She then turns towards Oikawa, while extracting her rapier from the ground: "Alright 'Kawi'-kun *chuckles* I think we're ready now. Lead the way!

-Gifted Item To Teayre: 

ItemAccuracy Bracelet

Item type : Light armor 
Quality:Uncommon
Enhancement: +1 Acc
Shop
The Lion's Den
Description : A subtle slim braided bracelet that has a 3 color pattern: white, black and silver. It is believed that this pattern allows the user to be more precise.

-Gifted Item to Calrex:

ItemVampirism

Item type : Light Armor
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancement:  +1 Bleed
ShopThe Lion's Den

Description : Red shirt made out of cotton and dyed using the "Bloody lotus" plant's petals.

(OOC: Don't normally like to plan RP's but after this, 2 posts from each of us will transition us to night time and arriving at our campsite. The next posts after we wake up will be spent searching for the cargo which one of us will find on a LD roll of 18+. Don't be afraid to spawn a MOB if you want. #SorryForExtraLongOOCPost)

Oikawa watched as everyone introduced themselves and Ariel gave out her usual freebies. Since Ariel had answered Teayre's question and Calrex was ready to go, he double checked his gear before leading the group onward. Teayre thanks *sarcastic mind tone* Now Ariel is gonna go around calling me Kawi-kun *inner chuckle* Ah well.. "Alright guys follow me. We have quite the trip ahead of us. Also be wary of the harsh sand, if you're unlucky (roll a CD of 1) you may take environmental damage. But don't fret this area has healing power too. (Every 3 turns OUT OF COMBAT you heal 5 HP.)"

Stepping into the sandy terrain, Oikawa led his group towards a pre-selected campsite. Once we get there, it should be smooth sailing to the supposed cargo drop.

[11465] CD: 9

ID: 11474

Craft Dice: 7

Calrex nodded as Oikawa confirmed that everyone was ready. He quickly switched out to the new top that Ariel had given him, "Thanks Ariel. I'll be sure to put this to good use!"

He looked down at Teayre. Once she was ready he would follow behind Oikawa, stepping out into the desert.

As Oikawa briefed them on the details of their destination Calrex nodded as he looked around, making sure everyone was staying together.

"Wouldn't want to get lost out here for sure. "

ID: 11475

CD: 10

"R... Really Ariel? Why? What's the catch?"

Accepting the gift Teayre eyes up Ariel before taking hold of Calrex's hand, Teayre nods at him a stern look on her face.

"Alright, let's do this. Are King and Kimba going to be okay?"

Quickly glancing at the familars, before she follows Calrex's tug and walks with him onto the desert sand.

She frowns at the girl's question answering: "No catch, consider it as publicity for my shop. But instead of words I use 'samples' like the ones I gave you. People aren't exactly crowding up to buy items like those but instead of throwing them away I give them to potential costumers". She the turned towards her familiar saying : " Don't worry, Kimba at least has some experience traveling in these lands. Although her mobility is reduced a little she won't slow us down. And as for King he is small enough to sit on top of 'somebody's ' head." Her eyes moved at Oikawa's back as she said those last words. ' here we go again' she said to herself stepping in the hot sand with her boots, leaving extremelly visible boots marks behind her.

Id: 11488 cd:3 (close)

"Like Ariel said, our familiars will be fine haha. King although I wish you'd grow in size, I've come to love your mini status" The leopard just let out a mix between a purr and a roar and reluctantly relaxed back on top of Oikawa's head. The group moved deeper into the dunes. Sandy canyons seemed to rise out of nowhere as the descended deeper into the sea like sand. Although he was sweating up a storm, Oikawa knew the temperature would drop just as soon as night fell. Which shouldn't be too much longer. 

He checked over his shoulder to see how the group was doing. "You guys alright back there?" Waiting for answer, he continued. "What was life like for you guys before SAO? Is it something you are eager to get back to?" Tsk. That question may seem intruding. Maybe I should change the subject before it gets awkward. He added quickly, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

[11556] CD: 7

ID: 11565
Craft Dice: 7

"Yeah, I'm doing fine so far. Although seeing a leopard on your head is definitely a new sight to see."

Calrex gave a friendly smirk as Oikawa called back to the group to check and see if they were alright. He moved his arms around occasionally, getting used to the new shirt that Ariel gifted to him.

"What was life like for you guys before SAO? Is it something you are eager to get back to?...You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

As Oikawa asked what Calrex thought to be a possible sensitive question he gave a quick glance back at the others first, wondering if they were going to answer. He gave a small sigh, figuring rather than creating an awkward atmosphere by not answering it would be better off to give a response.

"I'm not really sure actually. I used to work at a tech company before I got stuck in the game, and going on how long we might be here I'm not even sure I'll still have a job by the time we're done. Plus I can't exactly deny the fact that my body is lying in some hospital somewhere, but..."

He looked back at Teayre, giving a smile as he met her gaze, "Right now I've got reasons I'd like to stay as well."

"Now that I think of it, should both of us make it out of the game, what would we do? I mean, if she lived nearby it would be great, but if she's far away..."

"...how about you Oikawa? What it like for you before SAO?"