[PP-F5] COMPLETE <<The Traveler>> Third Wheelin' It (Calrex/Teayre/Ariel)

ID:11518

CD: 7

"It was tough. Things are easier for me in SAO, I'm not sure if I'd want to leave it to be perfectly honest, it depends on the circumstances."

Her voice contrasted the heat of the desert, her eyes shot daggers at Oikawa's back briefly her hand twitched over her blade. As Calrex looked into her eyes she gave him a hug not letting go for a short while before they carried on.

Raising her arm up, her bracelet reflected the sunlight in many a different way.

"Ariel... it's beautiful, really wonderful."

A crunch resonated underneath her feet.

"Guys did you hear that?"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She let Oikawa lead the way while she remained a little behind with the two lovebirds. Ariel let out a smile while sighting..."What came before SAO you ask, I think I've already left you some hint but sure I'll tell you all. Actually coming here is a dream came true to me... You see in real life I gain my meals by attending fencing championships around the world. Since I can remember, father gave me a wooden sword and trained me. Until I've reached 13, i think,  it was more like a hobby but by then I've learnt the basics of swordsmanship, fencing and kendo to be precise. Then my father gave me a choice, to continue training with him as a hobby or to begin a more serious training with him and walk in his footsteps, eventually earning a living out of it. In the end I choose to make a living out of fencing, like he did when he was young. You see in his time, father was a renowned world fencing championship but he stopped attending tournaments after he meet mother and in the 20+ years he lied in japan with her he managed to master kendo as well." she made a pause check if Kimba was okay and found the lion cub walking at the team leader's right. She then continued her story: "So yeah, for me at least SAO is something..um...positive, since here I can practice my skills without holding back after the first strike. I know some might find what I say offensive but that's the truth, plain and simple."  She then turned towards Teayre: "I'm glad you like it, my mother taught me that pattern."

ID: 11549 CD: 8

Oikawa felt an awkward air begin to rise. Definitely shouldn't have asked. Suddenly Calrex spoke up. Followed by Teayre and Ariel. Gauging and listening to each individual answer, he felt like he had become that much closer to each of them. Patting his head, he checked to make sure King still sat there before answering Cal's question. "Each of your answers help me connect with you guys. I feel like we've learned a bit about each other which will allow us to understand each other better. As for me, before I came into SAO, I was an aspiring college student in the States. I became really interested in Computer Programming and Language. Hearing about SAO, I figured if the game was suppose to be the most amazing experience ever, I needed to get a copy and experience it first hand. I felt like this was my opportunity to see what real success was like. Something to give me inspiration. The only thing this game has inspired me to do is clear it with the least amount of casualties possible. If that means training players like Cal and Teayre or lending my talents to the front line, so be it. I wish for no deaths to occur while I and S1 are around."

Oikawa took another breath and continued. "To answer more directly since I rambled a bit there, life was good for me. Am I eager to get back? I've become so accustomed to SAO that I don't know how I'll react once I get back. I guess you could say for now I'm going to live in the moment."

Looking out towards the horizon he could see the sun beginning to set. "We should be arriving at the campsite shortly."

[11557] CD: 8

ID: 11574

Craft Dice: 1 (Darn it!)

"...Sounds good..."

Calrex figured they had been traveling for quite some time after Oikawa told them they would be arriving at the campsite soon. He could feel the wind and sand beating down on him as they continued to make their way.

"You guys doing alright?"

He raised a hand up to block some of the raging sand that was flying at his face, trying to keep it from getting in his eyes.

"Oikawa wasn't kidding about this desert being treacherous. I think next time I'll need to wear some kind of cloak or something to help stave off its effects."

Calrex: 16/17 (1 Environmental Damage)

ID: 11580

CD: 12 

Feeling Calrex's hand leave hers she glances around, seeing him shield his eyes she breathes a sigh of relief.

"Cal are you okay? I'll be back in a second alright."

Jogging up ahead, she draws level with the blond and his pet. Leaning in to him she mutters something quietly

"Oikawa, my past is my past what matters right now is who I am with and nothing more, I understand you wanted to know more about us and such but for me it is painful and devoid of hope. I pray you understand."

With that she heads back over to Calrex, a smile on her face. stretching her hand for his. Looking at Ariel she speaks, her eyes flicking to Calrex mid-sentence.

"Ariel, could I drop by your shop and discuss something with you later, well both yourself and Oikawa?"

To Ariel the desert seemed to be less harsh than the time she went on this mission first time. But she could still see that it was starting to get to one of them at least." This desert might be harsh but it won't kill us on its own, its random adds we have to watch out for. Last time I was here, I meet up with a damn sand shark, yeah you heard me right a shark swimming in the sand. Gave us a lot of trouble that fella. " Soon after she heard Teayre's request, responding: "yeah sure, my shop's located at the 4th floor though. At the outskirts of Snowfrost village and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I like the snow more than the sand in here.

ID: 11589 CD: 5

The group trudged on through the sandy scenery. Oikawa could see the predetermined location coming into view. A small cave that would protect them from environmental damage through the night. As the sun began to settle and the moon began to rise, Oikawa felt a small nudge. Looking to his side, Teayre had popped and started to whisper. Nodding his head as she concluded, he returned his attention to the cave.

"Alright guys. The cave that we will stay for the night is just up ahead. From the information I've gathered it is quite rare for monster to spawn near here. So we should be good throughout the night. But still be cautious in your sleep. Particularly the only spawns that may appear seem to be <<Sand Drifters>>. They are a tribe of human-like mobs that harass and loot people who get lost out here. So be wary. Even in your sleep."

Shortly after his speech, Teayre inquired about his and Ariel's shops. "My shop is still located on Floor 1 not much further than my favorite "Starlight Cafe". Stop by anytime!" The group had arrived at the cave. "Well the worst of the trek is over. Lets set up camp and hit the hay. We may have a long day of searching tomorrow. There is enough space for all of us to have our own personal area so split up how you like. I will personally be staying near the mouth of the cave. One to keep an ear out for Mob activity and two because if something goes wrong I want to be the first to know. Any questions?"  

Setting his pack on the ground, Oikaw removed his coat, and made a make shift blanket of it. Once he was sure everyone had settled in, he slowly drifted off to sleep. The weather is harsh and the terrain wears on you. Sleep feels.... so ......good right...right now....

Calrex nodded as Oikawa notified them of arriving at the campsite.

"Alright guys. The cave that we will stay for the night is just up ahead. From the information I've gathered it is quite rare for monster to spawn near here. So we should be good throughout the night. But still be cautious in your sleep. Particularly the only spawns that may appear seem to be <<Sand Drifters>>. They are a tribe of human-like mobs that harass and loot people who get lost out here. So be wary. Even in your sleep...Well the worst of the trek is over. Lets set up camp and hit the hay. We may have a long day of searching tomorrow. There is enough space for all of us to have our own personal area so split up how you like. I will personally be staying near the mouth of the cave. One to keep an ear out for Mob activity and two because if something goes wrong I want to be the first to know. Any questions?"

"No problems here. Will stay on alert."

Since Oikawa said he would prefer the mouth of the cave, he decided to take one of the walls that faced towards the inner part. That way he could rest, but if anything decided to come at them from behind he'd have their backs covered, "I'll go ahead and face towards the part further in."

Calrex removed his sword from his hip, resting it against where he was going to settle in, sitting down against the wall, "I can sleep fairly well against the wall as long as I have support. That's a small relief. I just hope nothing does decide to come at us during the night."

Stepping into the cave, Teayre follows Calrex staying close to him.

"I'll stay with Cal and help him keep an eye on the inside."

Smiling she sat down next to Calrex, kneeling down, she gently pulls him towards her lap.

"Here it'll be a bit comfier."

Smiling at him she gently kisses his forehead before starting to drift off to sleep herself.

it was getting already dark when they finally reached their destination. It was a small cave that look safe enough to camp for the night. The couple went a little deeper while Oikawa and appeared to fall asleep almost immediately. Kimba snucked beside them and started purring away calmly, Ariel on the other side went by the self-proclaimed entrance guard's side, talking in a low tone not to wake up the others. "Quite the green horns you got there. What do you think. Do they have SAO material? Seeing you talking about Square One, I'm surprize not to see your guild's marker aside their name. If it were X, I think he would added them without a second thought. Do you know something I don't or do you want them to ask if they could join your guild?" she asked with a serious tone. if it were any other council member except Azide, she would not inquire about these things but she knew Oikawa for a while now. She thought some talk like this won't upset him.

Oikawa was still groggily drifting when he heard Ariel's voice dance through the cave as a low whisper.The question was odd but he didn't mind answering. "Green horns? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the term haha. Anyways, I think with time they will become fine swordsmen. Calrex still has a ways to go but I think he'll end being a heavy hitting tank when its all said and done. Teayre on the other hand, I hope she can just come to realize that this is still a death game and things wont always be sunshine even if she is with Cal. While they have both proved to be capable fighters, much like myself, they will need to train and get stronger if they want to become upper floor material. As for why I haven't asked them to join, I've brought it up, but I want them to make the choice. I don't want to pressure and hassle them like my cohort haha. If they want to join they are more than welcome to and I will personally see to their growth and development. Even if the don't. I plan to see to it that they make it to the endgame."

Taking a breath he sighed and slouched back against the wall. "Well I believe the hard part starts tomorrow. You ready?" 

As Teayre came to his side to help with watching the interior of the cave he gave a welcoming smile. As Teayre invited him to rest his head on her lap he nodded as he adjusted himself that he was comfortable, but not impeding on Teayre's ability to sleep. He grasped his sword in one hand since he was no longer resting against the wall, keeping it at the ready in case anything came at them during the night.

"Night watch...hasn't been too long since Teayre and I decided to do that to protect ourselves from possible player-killers that first night within SAO. To think it's only been a few days since then, and we're already here on the fifth floor on another quest. Things are certainly moving very quickly."

He gave a quick glance over to Ariel and Oikawa as they took up their positions, "They seem fairly strong as well. Oikawa was the first to help us out after first arriving in the game, and now Ariel. I wonder if they've seen the frontline battle against the floor bosses, heck I wonder if they've actually beaten any of the floor bosses..."

He let the thought slide as he moved his eyes back over to the inner part of the cave as he let himself fall into a light sleep. During the night he would try not to dream so that he could keep his ears alert to any unusual noises.

Teayre begins to stroke Calrex's head, whilst her eyes drooped, she leans down placing a soft kiss on his temple, before whispering into his ear.

"Get some sleep Cal, I'll keep an eye out okay?"

Leaning her head back she rests it on the cold stone behind her, ears pricked. Catching some muttering from Oikawa and Ariel, but unable to work out what they're saying. Continuing to stroke Calrex's hair her eyes flicking in the darkness unable to distinguish much.

Muttering to herself, keeping her voice low so she doesn't wake Calrex.

"I wonder what it'd be like to join a guild, sure there'd be responsibilities but it'd be more friends right? Then again there's always the chance for more enemies as well... At least with being a guildless player there's nothing to tie me up. I wonder what Cal would want to do?"

After finishing her discussion with Oikawa, the blond make a couple of hand gestures and summoned several blankets. She throws one over Oikawa's head, letting out a smile and then she heads out inside towards the two and covers them properly as they seemed to be asleep. She then covers herself with one and sits down in the middle, between the couple and the 'entrance guard'. Kimba wakes up, goes to Ariel and then stretches over her covered feet, letting a yawn escape as she goes back to sleep. This made Ariel twitch for a second, later seeing that her companion fell asleep over the blanket, not touching her directly. She lets out a relief sigh while petting the sleeping lion, starting from the head and stroking all her back."Now lets hope she doesn't move in her sleep. I wouldn't want to start freaking out in the middle of the night." she thought while putting her rapier on top of her lap, near Kimba, ready to draw it at any sign of disturbance. Then she peacefully falls asleep until 5 A.M the next day.

The next morning Ariel wakes up to find her companion laying beside her. "Guess she didn't want to take a chance as well. Thanks." she thought while gently petting her on the head. After Kimba awoke, Ariel made a low 'shhh' not to wake up the others, while walking outside the cave. It was still dark, the sun was about to rise but until then she had to do her morning practice. Taking a strange plant, that looked like a crossover a tree and a cactus, as her training dummy... she elegantly unsheathed her rapier and began thrusting it, stabbing her target in different 'weak spots' while Kimba was on the lookout for any potential threats in front of the cave entrance, near Oikawa.

I guess the conversation is over. Ah well, I hope she got the answer she was looking for. Suddenly Oikawa felt a soft fabric drape his forehead. Picking it up, he realized it was a blanket and smiled in the darkness. Whispering in Ariel's direction he said "Thanks," before covering himself up and drifting off. He dreamed a dream different than usual. He dreamed of the endgame. Reaching floor 100, slaying the final boss, the celebration. The congratulations and credits rolled by on his HUD. A bright light flashed, and suddenly it was dark. It smelled like sickness, and his was ringing. Using what felt like unusually frail twigs, he placed his hands on his head to feel the round shape of the nervegear. Pulling it off, he...woke up.

The morning had yet to truly begin, but the sun had just began to seep over the horizon. Lifting himself from the ground, he realized that everything had gone smoothly last night. A sudden panic arised from the blond when he couldn't find King. Looking around the cave, there seemed to be no signs of the little rascal. Taking a few steps out of the cave, he could finally spot the grey leopard observing someone further up. Brushing the crust from his eyes and re-equipping his armor and weapon, Oikawa headed out to the figure to see what King was staring at.

Once he neared the figure, he realized it was just Ariel, who seemed to be practicing against a tree-like cactus. Shouting towards her, he commented "That's right show that low-down no good cactus tree what it's like to feel your wrath haha!"

Since Calrex had decided to go into a light sleep the night before, he was for the most part conscious of the sounds and happenings of the night. Luckily enough, there didn't appear to have been any activity. He sat up from Teayre's lap, stretching and giving a quick yawn as he woke himself up, "Huh, looks like Oikawa and Ariel are already up."

He got to his feet, throwing his arms in a windmill motion a couple of times to loosen his arms. After that he picked up his Anneal Blade, reattaching the sheath to the back of his hip, the handle facing towards his right arm. With that went over to Teayre, giving her a quick kiss to serve as a kind of alarm that it was time to wake up. With that he moved over to the mouth of the cave, taking in the morning light.

"Guess I'd better get some exercise in to loosen up my legs."

With that he began to practice using his Sprint & Acrobatics ability, turning, leaping, and winding his way around. He used the mouth of the cave as a way to practice his wallruns and flips.

Stretching, Teayre freezes for a moment as she feels Calrex's lips touch hers. Opening her eyes she watches as the blue haired boy, does all sorts of tricks around the cave.

"Cal... you have -too- much energy for the morning... Seriously too much."

Slowly walking outside she sees that the sun is beginning to creep over the horizon, a couple of silhouettes where stood just outside the cave entrance one hacking at a cactus.

Chuckling to her self, she sits down her back to the entrance of the cave, a smile on her face as she tucked into some of her bread and water.

As Ariel striked the 'training dummy' in the head she could head somebody 'cheering up' for her. Turning around she sees Oikawa mocking her morning training. "I don't suppose you want to take its place as a 'training dummy'? there is still some time until..." She didn't get to finish as she saw their shadows in the ground growing larger by the second. Turning around another time she sees the sun rising, without bothering to face Oikawa she says: "I guess time's up. let's wake the rest and start searching for the loot." she then notices that King was there as well. "I didn't even sensed him watching me...for how long you've been there? I didn't expect spectators to my morning training I don't know about King but usually Kimba is still sleeping until I wake her. guess sleeping in the wild awakens their instincts. " she says jokingly.

ID: 11864 CD: 9

"I'd like to refrain from combat for the duration of this mission if possible haha, but maybe we can duel another time. And King is much like me, we hate to sleep the day away." Oikawa turned to head back to the cave. He then checked to make sure King was following before he re entered the crevice. As he neared the mouth of the cave, he could hear panting and the sounds of what seemed like jumping around. Peering inside, he saw Calrex performing a multitude of flips and stunts. "Warming up eh?" Oikawa greeted him and walked further back so he could make sure Teayre was awake. "Morning Teardrop! Well since everyone is up, lets get a move on people." Oikawa grabbed his pack and headed back into the sandy deserts.

He had only taken a few steps into the desert when he saw something gleaming a little further from the cactus Ariel had been training on. Running over, he could see that the corner of a silver box was poking from beneath the sand. "Guys you won't believe this! I think I found the cargo. King help me dig."  Oikawa and the leopard cub dug through the sand and extracted the small silver box. Oikawa held it up triumphantly. "This seems to be it. " Tucking it into his pack, he ran back to the group.

"That was convenient right? Lets keep our eyes peeled. There maybe danger lurking by. I'm sure we weren't the only people looking for this cargo." 

[12112] CD: 2 LD: 20

ID: 12113

Craft Dice: 4

Calrex stopped his jumping around as Oikawa and King returned back into the cave, giving a couple of calming breaths as they arrived. He adjusted his sword on the back of his hip to make sure it was sitting correctly before he stretched his arms, loosening himself up. 

"Warming up eh?"

"Yep, figured it would be a good idea in case we encounter anything on the way."

As Oikawa went over and fully woke Teayre up he gave a smile as he followed after, helping Teayre get herself ready and to her feet. With that Calrex followed them outside back into the desert.

"Alright it's not so wind right now. I just hope I don't get any sand in my eyes. That usually is a real pain."

As Oikawa rushed over to a random spot all of a sudden he looked over, his hand on his sword hilt, drawing a sword just enough that the lock released.

"Wow, that was a lot easier than expected."

"That was convenient right? Lets keep our eyes peeled. There maybe danger lurking by. I'm sure we weren't the only people looking for this cargo."

"Yeah, probably a good idea, alright stay on guard everyone."

He drew his sword in a reverse grip as he kept his eyes peeled.

"Man the sand is making it difficult to see our maximum distance. There could be someone just out of sight for all we know."