[PP-F5] COMPLETE <<The Traveler>> Third Wheelin' It (Calrex/Teayre/Ariel)

OC: Read my last post guys, I was eating fuds at the entrance of the cave :P

As Oikawa and Calrex greeted her, she raised her arms around her beloved's neck. 

"Morning Callie."

A quick kiss was shared before Teayre, let go drawing her weapon.

"If you've found it Kawi, let's make our move back-"

Her sentence was interrupted as she heard a strangled cry, looking up a creature, it's bronze scales glinting in the sunlight dives straight towards Oikawa its jaws clamping around his leg, refusing to let go. Sand was being flung around behind it as its tail beat down trying to pull its prey back.

Dashing forwards Teayre strikes the beasts head, causing it to let out another cry releasing Oikawa's leg. Stumbling back it crouched low it's head swinging around to see its attacker. a rasping snarl coming from deep in its throat.

"Oikawa, you okay? Tough luck without any combat. Then again that's the way this game is."

ID: 12116

BD: 12 (10+2ACC)

MD: 8 (10 - 2EVA)

CD: 2

HP LIST

Oikawa: 29/30
Calrex: 17/17

Teayre: 17/17
Ariel: 38/38

Giant Bearded Dragon: 22/27

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ariel went behind Oikawa and saw Caldrex doing stunts in the cave, she let out a small smile while being reminded of a certain person that liked to do a lot of parkour as well. "I think you and X will get along just fine." she said while further advancing in the cave to recover the blankets. She next saw Teayre passing her in a rush and striking it in the head, the scaled beast let out a snarl while looking at Teayre. Ariel quickly turned around and went to the mob unsheathing her rapier while running and thrusting it forwards, aiming for the mob's neck. Her hit landed perfectly as the beast backed off: "I would be very disappointed if you'd start whining from only that Kawi-kun. Lesson#1 Always keep your eyes on the target!" she said to Teayre while retracting her black blade from the mob's neck.

ID: 12116  BD: 7  MD: 9 CD: 2

HP LIST

Ariel: 37/38(- 1)

Giant Bearded Dragon:13/27 (-9)

Oikawa was ecstatic that he had found the cargo so quickly. That happiness was quickly turned into brief agony as he felt his leg get snapped up and swept from under him. Luckily Teayre was the first to react. She swiftly attacked what appeared to be an enormous bearded dragon with wings. Clutching his leg briefly before standing, Oikawa drew his rapier and eyed their newest arrival. "Should've burned me to a crisp or ate me alive. Because now I'm going to end your existence."

Rushing forward, he ignored the pain as he leaped and attempted to strike the area just below where Ariel had left her mark. The dragon had other plans however, as it flew back with a powerful beat of it's wings. "Well that was a fail. Calrex your up man!"

ID: 12379

BD: 5 (2 + 3 Acc) (Miss)

CD: 2

Oikawa HP: 29/30 (0)

Calrex HP: 17/17

Teayre HP: 17/17

Ariel HP: 37/38

Giant Bearded Dragon HP: 13/27 (-0)

ID: 12382

Battle Dice: 7

Craft Dice: 8

Calrex watched as both Teayre and Ariel managed to deal strong blows against the surprise attacker, which appeared to be some strange bearded dragon. He focused his eyes on the creature as it flapped to avoid Oikawa's reactive blow to its bite against his leg. As the creature began to hover Calrex rushed in, his sword arm brought across as he pointed the tip of the blade towards the creature.

"Well that was a fail. Calrex your up..."

Before Oikawa could call upon him Calrex had already rushed by him, quickly closing the distance between him and the creature as he watched its movements. The dragon appeared to try and repeat its escape maneuver on him, sending off a powerful beat from its wings to try and gain some distance. As Calrex saw it flap he kicked off the ground, flipping over the dragon as he slashed it, landing on the other side, quickly righting himself, his blade still pointed at the group's target, "Alright Teayre go for it!"

HP List

Ariel: 37/38

Enemies:

Giant Bearded Dragon: 9/27

ID: 12729
BD: 1 [Crit Fail]

CD: 11

MD: 8[Crit](9+1 EVA)

Teayre hefted her blade as she saw the beast rear up and swing it's massive body around so deftly, batting Calrex's blade aside it charges in. It's claws propelling it over the sand as if it were a figure skater on ice. Opening it's jaws it finds it's perch on Calrex's arm, not moving it clamps down hard. Teayre takes a slow stumbling step forward, time seeming to not move, her blade dropping to the ground. Her lips forming words, no sound made though.

"Cal... "

As she takes another step forward she trips falling flat on her face by the beasts tail.

Calrex: 15/17 2DMG (1 + 1 Crit)

Enemies:
Giant Bearded Dragon: 9/27

"Do you have a dying wish?" she asked Oikawa jokingly while making her way towards the mob. It thought it was safe huh? well, she didn't have the Athletics and Acrobatics passive skills for nothing. Seeing as it attacked caldrex of all present she felt her blood rushing as she instinctively made a high jump, reaching the flying dragon and stabbing it right in the head. It exploded into polygons, showering the blond with them while she landed gracefully as a feline. turning towards the others she asked in a concerned voice, now that her bloodlust has been taken cared of: "Are you guys OK? It didn't look too powerful but there must be some more lurking around. patch up and let's get going back to Armadillo with the cargo." she said, delivering precise voices in a commanding tone. She then realized that, and let out a faint smile thinking that it was a result as the time she had spent in the front lines. 

ID: 12805  BD: 8  MD: 2  CD: 6  LD: 8

HP LIST

Calrex: 15/17

Giant Bearded Dragon: 0/27 (-9)

Loot: 1 Material

Well isn't that dandy? The second highest player of the bunch and I'm the only one who failed to land a hit. Fantastic. Not letting his thoughts get the best of him, he walked to the others and congratulated them. "Well done guys. I seemed to be little more than a distraction haha." He stated as he ruffled the golden hair along the back of his head. Ariel then barked out a couple orders and although he agreed with the course of action, he felt she could've lightened up a bit. "I'm fine haha and I'm sure these two didn't sustain too much damage. As you said though, we must get back to Armadillo soon. We have the cargo and the day is still young hopefully we can make it before the temperature spikes."

Exiting the cave, Oikawa gestured for the group to follow his lead. He had strolled quite a bit into the sand dunes. He constantly checked to make sure they were still following. Unaware, he tripped over something protruding from the ground. Wiping the sand from his face, he inspected the item. It was a material by the name <Corroded Ore>. Contrary to the name the material was quite sturdy and usable.

[12789] CD: 4 LD: 20

ID: 12809

Craft Dice: 11

As the battle concluded Calrex gave his arm a quick shake to regain some the feeling to it after the bearded dragon chomped on it, sheathing his sword so that it fully sat in the scabbard, but not locked in place.

"Are you guys OK? It didn't look too powerful but there must be some more lurking around. patch up and let's get going back to Armadillo with the cargo."

"I'm fine haha and I'm sure these two didn't sustain too much damage. As you said though, we must get back to Armadillo soon. We have the cargo and the day is still young hopefully we can make it before the temperature spikes."

"Yeah, I'm no worse for wear. It's probably not going to be the only time I'm gonna have a monster chomping at my arm anyway right?"

As Oikawa led the group back towards the settlement Calrex hung back a little so that he was nearby Teayre, "You doing alright Teayre? I saw you take that spill. I guess the sands must be pretty shifty here."

ID:12917

CD:6

Looking at Calrex, a tear forming in her eye.

"Y-yeah... I slipped on the s-sand... I knew... I knew you'd be allright Callie I really did..."

Shoving herself to her feat she picked up her flachion and sheathed it. Walking off she left Calrex behind her as she rested her hands behind her back, one pinching the other. 

"Idiot Teayre... IDIOT! You let your feelings for Calrex get in the way... This isn't going to help either of you get through the game..."

Leaving the two lovebirds behind Ariel went by Oikawa's side while Kimba stayed behind all of them to keep watch of their rear: "Almost there now, this certainly was a quick quest. The first time I went here for this quest our party found the cargo pretty late and the road back was a real pain." she then started to show a mischievous smile: "if you don't hurry up I might recommend to the Brigade that we take Caldrex as one of our own when he gains a two digit level. Teayre, she's a different story... I don't think he would join a guild without her...very troubling indeed." she said the last part with a chuckle then continued: "we can't let Square One get all the new blood or else the other guilds would die out."

As they continued to make way towards Armadillo, Ariel thought she could see the sand city's outer walls so she asked the others to make sure: "Is that Fata Morgana playing tricks on me again or am I seeing our destination?" Kimba slowly made her way by Ariel's side and let out a dissatisfied growl, all this sand was getting into her white fur, making it gain a tinge of the golden lion's color. Ariel kneeled to help her get rid of the extra bagade when she find in the sand below her companion's feet some strange bottle labeled: "Golden Dye" .

"I don't know how this got here but thanks to whoever dropped it" said the blond as she raised herself up and joined the others on their way towards the settlement.

ID: 12919  CD: 1 LD: 17

Loot: 1 material

[] CD: LD:

As Oikawa led the group, he noticed they had inadvertently split off into "coupled" groups, not that he minded. As Ariel, and by extension Kimba, matched his pace, the Crowned Lion started up a conversation. her comment about recruitment made him smile. Through his smirk he replied. "I'll let the lovebirds choose their own path. I offered them a spot and if they so choose, it's theirs. However if Azure somehow manages to recruit them by all means more power to you guys. Plus at this rate S1 will be the largest guild with mixed experience between its members haha." Ariel then gestured to what seemed like the city up ahead. Checking his map, Oikawa confirmed her guess. "That would indeed be Armadillo up ahead. Not to much longer now."

Oikawa looked over his shoulder to check on the bluenette and Teardrop. They seemed to be doing fine despite the conditions. I guess the weather isn't as bad as we thought. 

ID: 13138

Craft Dice: 7

As Teayre reassured him of her current state and began walking ahead Calrex put a hand behind his head as he continued to follow the group, picking up his pace to keep up with Teayre.

"This entire quest seemed a lot simpler than I originally assumed it to be. I wonder if that's in part because of Oikawa's and Ariel's assistance. If they're this strong how much stronger are the players on the frontlines? "

As the group came into viewing distance of the settlement a smirk came across Calrex's face for a second, "So all we need to do is drop of the cargo?"

ID: 13262

CD:11

Overhearing her three companions talk about the settlement being up ahead, Teayre lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god, I can't stand this heat, might go to the fourth floor to cool down a bit..."

Bringing her hands back in front of her she raised her left one in front of her and looked at it. Her hands was covered in the same red crystal effect that happened when people lost health, but hers was still at full.

"Hmmm that's odd, oh well..."

Looking to her right she saw that Calrex had caught up to her, holding out her hand she extended her pinky finger towards him.

"So Cal... have you thought about a guild at all?"

ID: 13322 CD:9

They were at the front gates of Armadillo when Ariel stopped and put her hand on Oikawa's shoulder to stop his movement until the couple arrived. When she was sure she got the rest of the group's attention she cleared her throat while Kimba creeped by her side. "Okay then, It's been a pleasure to travel with you all but this is 'till where I accompany you! Something came up and I have to go to my shop and start working but rest assured that it was fun to do this quest again with all of you." she then hands Oikawa her part of the cargo with a mischievous smile continuing. "I trust you will deliver my part as well, Kawi-kun *chuckle*.

The gates drew near as the group approached the city wall. Oikawa was stopped in his tracks by Ariel. She seemed to be waiting for Teayre and Calrex to catch up. Once they were within earshot, Ariel explained that this is where she would be departing, and as such she handed Oikawa her part of the cargo drop. Oikawa verbally ignored her little quip about his nickname but acknowledge it with a smile and head nod. 

"Your cargo is safe with me. Cal and Teayre, lets get this cargo to the old hag so we can claim our rewards. Ariel I'll drop your part of the goods off in your shop." Finished with his bit he grabbed Ariel's cargo and continued to the tavern where the NPC would be waiting for them.

"So Cal... have you thought about a guild at all?"

"Hm...to be honest not really. I guess since we've just started I haven't really pondered the idea of joining a guild. I mean Oikawa of course said that we were welcome to Square One, but I do appreciate the freedom of being a solo player as well. I don't know. What are your thought?"

"Going from the looks of it Ariel is in a guild as well. Is that how they've gotten so strong so quickly?"

As they came into the gates of Armadillo Ariel gave the group a heads up that she was breaking off to take care of her own stuff. Calrex gave a nod and a wave as she and her lion cub companion departed, turning back to Oikawa.

"Your cargo is safe with me. Cal and Teayre, lets get this cargo to the old hag so we can claim our rewards. Ariel I'll drop your part of the goods off in your shop."

Calrex nodded as he looked over as Teayre, giving her a warm smile before following behind Oikawa.

"I-I'm not sure really, I'd like to join a guild... I'm not really good with new people.. You were an exception, though I'm not sure why."

Her finger unhooks a few strands of hair from her ponytail, before twisting it around her finger and let it ping around.

"I do like being a solo player, but it'd be nice if there were other to call on for help, however that would cause restrictions with what boss fights we could attend and such... Although there's always another option, though we'd need to make a few friends for it."

Watching Ariel walk off with a sigh of relief, she looks back at Calrex feeling her face flush as he flashes a warm smile at her. Reaching a hand up to brush the strand of hair out of face, she taps Oikawa's shoulder.

"Thanks for the help Kawi, it was a good quest even if we did have to fight something in the end. What's Ariel's problem anyway? She seemed to be quite possessive of the group at times." Pausing for a moment she presses her fingers to the bridge of her nose before shaking her head, "Ah well, it's over and done with now so where's the hag that you mentioned?"

The Crowned Lion walked off with her cub in tow. Oikawa led them to a tavern not to far within the city limits. As he strolled along, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see Teayre. She asked about Ariel's commander like position and where the hag could be found. "Ahh Ariel has front line experience now. I believe her recent development as a warrior has occurred in response to that experience. Don't take it to heart. She is just looking out for us and I'm positive she meant no harm by it." He flashed his usual grin and continued to walk.

"As for the hag, she should be right in here," he stated as he pushed the door open leading to a small tavern. Eyeing the populace, he spotted the elderly NPC sitting in a corner. Ushering for Cal and Teayre to follow, he walked right up to the lady and spoke. "We have returned oh weary one. We have your precious cargo and have brought it hear as promised." He placed his and Ariel's pieces of the cargo on the table and waited for Cal and Teayre to do the same.

Once the cargo was all accounted for, the traveler thanked them and walked out. Shortly a notification popped into Oikawa's HUD.

[Oikawa - The Faint has received the hidden skill <Survival>]

His experience bar rose as well as gaining some Col. "Well done guys. We should quest more often. Much like Ariel, I have some shop commissions to attend to. So once everyone has received there rewards, I'll be on my way."

Calrex nodded as Oikawa went over to the old lady NPC in the tavern, delivering his and Ariel's part of the cargo. After he finished Calrex nodded as he went over and delivered his part of the cargo as well.

After doing so he looked in surprise as he saw something appear in his loot window.

"...the <<Survival>> skill huh? So that's the reward for this quest. Well I'm glad that Oikawa had us along."

After finishing his part of the delivery he went over to Teayre's side, "We'll take things as they come. Besides I don't think any guild would be interested in us right now, well, other than Oikawa's of course heh. But no matter what happens, no matter what happens to us you can be sure I'll be there for you."

Obtained <<Survival>>

Muttering under her breath "That explains it all." Teayre follows the blue and blonde in front of her to the tavern. After they had delivered their cargo, she slips past them placing her portion on the table another sigh escaping her lips. 

"Well at least that's over... I can go cool down now, maybe Calrex can join me... I'd need to see if he's free though..."

Dismissing the pop up on her hud about the quest completion she stretches her arms up high whilst exiting the building she hears Oikawa's comment.

"Heh, commissions they seem a bit troubling at times you know Oikawa, but it's good I suppose it's a constant income. So what are people up to now? Any plans?"

[Teayre gained the <Survival Skill>.]