OP: F1 - When the String Snaps PM for Invite

(You know how it goes! Warning: Joining this OP is you giving permission for the possibility of your character being attacked and potentially dying)

Mari sat under a tree in the forests that dotted the first floor. Why was Mari on the first floor when it was so far from the dark, dreary 10th floor? To put it simply; she didn’t want to be bothered. Mari had created a name for herself. The most feared PKer; 7th strongest player to walk Aincrad, the Pink PKer. Most who roamed the 1st floor were weak; and wouldn’t think twice before approaching her.

Mari felt as though she was in a very volatile state and did not want to be around others. She had her eyes closed and gave a low sigh; hoping she’d be able to enjoy the quiet, just for a little while.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aubrey bounced down the path out of the starting town. “Pon Pon Wei wei wei! Wei Wei Pon Wei Wei Pon Pon!† She was happy, and so she sang a very happy tune. Aubrey decided that today was the day she’d fight things in the forest! She had a shiny new axe and was ready to go but she saw someone sleeping or who looked like they were sleeping. “oiiiii~†She called out happily as she bounced over to the pink haired girl. “I Love love LOooove your hair!†Aubrey happily cried as she reached out to feel the pink womans hair.

Cold blue eyes shot open – narrowing as they landed on a very obnoxious, pale girl with lilac hair. A very stupid, foolish girl who either didn't realize who Mari was; or the symbol of a PKer - or was just oblivious. Mari’s hand snapped up to wrap around her wrist. “Who the f**k do you think you are?” Mari spat as she stood, pushing the girl back, hard. Mari had no idea who this pale, obtusely dressed woman was – frankly, if Mari was in a better mood she’d probably admire the girl’s bold and bright fashion sense  but right now she was pissed. “Do you normally just go and touch people without permission?” Mari spat.

Aubrey fell back, she flailed her arms to try and steady herself “whoa whao whaaaaaâ€! She fell flat on her butt with a ‘omf!’ She shook her head and straightened her glasses with a small pout. “Aww that wasn’t every nice!†She said in a pouty voice.  â€œI just wanted to touch your hair! It looks so pretty, mmm!†Aubrey licked her lips. “Just like candy floss!†

Mari shook her head, this girl was beyond infuriating – and she was not in the mood to play nice. Mari spat at the ground and turned on her heel. “If you know what is good for you, you’d piss off.” She muttered toward the girl. Before walking away.

So much for the ideal that she would have been left alone on the first floor; maybe Mari should just go hide in the back of her shop. At least that way the only people she will have to deal with would be customers, and customers meant money.

Aubrey pouted when the pink haired girl spat on the floor.  “heeey!†She cried when the other girl began to walk away. “You just sound like you need some cheering up! Abii-chii style!†She cried out happily. “Would you like me to sing you a pretty song!†Aubrey cleared her throat, getting ready to sing as she continued to follow Mari.

Mari stopped in her stead; and the girl, who was apparently named ‘Abey-chi’ or whatever the hell the abomination called herself bumped into Mari’s back. Mari clenched her fists, and attempted to take a few, deep breaths. She closed her eyes; “Abey chi was it?” She asked coolly as she opened her blue eyes – her pale hands opening her HUD, to find something to shut the girl up. “And you want to sing? “ Mari pulled out the ‘Paralyze Water’ from her store inventory. “You sound as though you could use a drink. IF I give you this and let you sing one song…will you leave me the hell alone?” Mari asked, handing the innocent looking bottle to Aubrey.

Name: Paralyse Water
Effect: The user who drinks this potion is paralysed for 1 turn
Description: This looks like an ordinary bottle of water, its labelled as 'Water' and there is no distinct difference between this and a normal bottle of water, however not all is as it seems.

Aubrey clasped her hands together, her own blue eyes shining brightly! This pink haired girl was only pretending to be cold and cruel. Aubrey knew that deep down, deep deep down in her heart of hearts she was just lonely, and hurt. Lonely and hurt people always lashed out at others because they were afraid of hurting others, and afraid of being hurt themselves. “That sounds wonderful to me miss pinky!†Aubrey cried out happily as she grabbed the water.

To her it was just a normal bottle of water, it looked normal and when she opened it – it didn’t smell like anything. Even as she took the bottle to her lips and guzzled half of it. It was all normal.

Then, she felt it; her body felt tingly “W-whaa…†Aubrey collapsed to the floor. “What..?†She trid to speak.

Mari smirked. How stupid. The woman accepted a drink from a stranger; assuming it was an ordinary bottle of water. Mari knealt down beside the now paralyzed, obnoxiously loud girl. “I told you to shut up,  but you didn’t listen.” Mari grabbed Aubrey from one of her pigtails. “See, here’s the thing, Abee-chii.” Mari began, as she began to drag the girl toward the nearest tree. “When someone asks them to leave you alone, you should very f**king well do so.” She hurled the poor, paralyzed girl against the tree, before lifting up her chin so Mari could look into her eyes. “Especially when that person is the most feared PKer in Aincrad.”

Aubrey could feel her body slowly begin to return to normal. The effects must not last a long time. She groaned as she was dragged by Mari. One good thing about being paralysed was that she couldn't feel the tug on her hair - so it didn't really hurt. Aubrey was forced up against at tree trunk, and at that moment. That moment was the first time she ever felt true fear. Looking into those eyes of the pink haired girl. Aubrey did notice she was a PKer but she never made bad judgements. Aubrey wanted to see the good in everyone.

Her pupils dialated as she gave a startling, ear shattering scream - so loud. right in front of Mari's face. "PLEASE DONT KILL MEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

ID: 13023 BD: 9
(I have Permission from Aubrey to meta-game this a bit)

Mari took a few steps back, her hands flinging to hear ears. "Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!" Mari screeched, slapping Aubrey across the face - who instantly fell into a silent, teary blubbery mess. Mari was sick of this; of people assuming she was going to straight up murder them. Mari had not once, not once taken someones life when it hadn't been a necessity. Each and every time she was more or less forced to do so. 

She wasn't like Kiru - she didn't have jail crystals - she didn't see the point in it. Nor did she have the same odd sense of justice her two toned friend did.

Aubrey started screaming again, screaming at Mari - that she was a killer, a murderer - Mari's eye twitched. "You know what..." She hissed, pulling her dagger out, as she did Aubrey instantly shut up, whispering for forgiveness. "I am sick and tired of everyone assuming I am this monster - this cold hearted killer. you all treat me this way, perhaps I should f**king start acting that way!" Mari hissed as she drove her dagger into the centre of Aubrey's forehead.

The hit was, a one hit KO - Mari wasn't expecting for her to die; Mari had intended to scare her- and let her go. Mari didn't think that the girl, with her equipment, would die...just like that. Mari's eyes widened as she watched the health bar dip to zero.

What did she just do....?

As Hikoru watched, he realized what had happened: The Pk'er he had been hearing about around town, Mari was her name, had killed another player. He didn't know what to do. He had come into the woods because he heard a scream, and he came too late to save the girl. He stayed silent behind the bush he was hiding in, making sure not to be seen or heard, and silently prayed, hoping to stay alive long enough to get back to town to tell the others about the newest death of a player.

"Why did she have to do that?" He asked himself "There wasn't any motive to it.... I better be careful with this one, this could be the end of me if im not." He silently kept watch of the Pk'er, making sure she didn't come for him, or for any other players

Oske had been walking through the fields, then to the forest in search of something to do. Perhaps she could find a nice spot to play hide and seek with Pepper later on? However, she suddenly heard shouting. Unable to control herself, she ran toward the sound of the scream, and watched in horror as... someone who she honestly adored, Mari, had killed an innocent looking player. Oske's eyes widened as the player shattered into a million shards, and Oske's mouth felt like it had dried out and her throat was full of wool. Oske didn't bother hiding, she was in plain sight. "M-Mari..." she stuttered. She had really sympathized (or whatever Oske felt as sympathy) with Mari, but now... now there was only shock and almost pain. Oske took a step back. She didn't fear for her life or fear Mari, she feared... the hatred that might be coming her way. 

Mari's hands shook, as her dagger clattered to the floor - her eyes wide in a mixture of shock and horror. She honest to goodness hadn't meant to kill the girl, just scare her - Mari didn't bother to check her level, or her HP - she simply struck out at the girl. "I warned you..." She muttered. "I warned you and you didn't listen...you kept on pushing and pushing and pushing..." Mari muttered to herself as she pressed her head against the trunk of the tree, before lightly head butting it over and over. "Why. Didn't. You. LISTEN!" The final word was spoken as an anguished scream, disrupting the birds in the tree; as they scattered.

Mari tug at her hair as she pressed her back against the trunk, pulling at her pink locks. Wild, bloodshot eyes rose to meet with a very shocked and scared looking Oske. "what? WHAT?" Mari screamed at her, "The HELL do you want?" She screeched at Oske, clearly distressed at what she had just done.

Hikoru watched as another player instantly showed up. He was temped to jump out, but stopped himself from doing so. He was only a level one, and he knew he wouldn't stand a chance against these two if they went against him. Suddenly, An icon appeared above his head, saying "LEVEL UP" and giving away his location. He punched himself for not being careful about how loud he had set the volume for announcements. He hoped the two players hadn't noticed the pop-up, but he knew his cover was compromised, and he would soon be discovered.

Oske noticed a player leveling up from his "hiding place", but she was too focused on Mari to care. The pink haired woman was so distraught and distressed that her adoration suddenly returned. Oske remembered something she had done--something she had done to lose her friend, and her first love... in the real world. 

"Get out," Jeff growled. Olivia turned, tears in her eyes. His blue eyes glared into her eyes, and she knew she really messed up. He reached forward to grab her shoulders, and she backed up. "GET OUT." Oske whipped her arm around, landing a hard hit onto his jaw. She heard an unpleasant cracking sound. 

"Wait... I'm... NO!"

"It was a mistake," Oske said, taking a step forward. She swallowed her fear. "It's okay..."

Oske knew in her mind that what Mari had done was horrible and wrong, but she also wanted to calm the woman down. 

Mari registere that Oske had said something about the loud 'Abii-chii' and how her death was a mistake, Mari offered Oske a rather unsettling grin as her grip on her hair tightened, her nails digging into her scalp before she pulled hard, hard enough to rip the hair out of her head. Luckily the game didn't have such mechanics. Her pupils dilated as she grit her teeth, leaning forward on her knees. "A Mistakeeee?" Mari asked, elongating the word, her voice raising in it's pitch before her eyes widened as she burst into a fit of maniacal laughter, blue eyes rolled into the back of her head as the jovial sounds rose up - echoing in the vicinity. Mari slammed herself against the tree.

"Yes, it was a mistake to allow it to drag on so long!" Mari called out to Oske in an amused tone. Finally pulling her shaking hands away from her hair Mari breathed. "I should have did it long, long ago..." She muttered, her tone darkening. "Now I'm the Mari everyone expects me to be, Mari the murderer, Mari the feared." Mari's hand sprawled out to retrieve her dagger. She pushed herself to a standing position, her body sloppy, swaying side to side. Her body still heaved with muffled giggles. She felt pained, her chest was heavy and her head throbbed - but it was the most alive she had felt since Alkor died.

"It's so peaceful now..." She whispered.

Oske’s eyes darkened. It was clear that Mari was losing her mind, which was something Oske had grown out of. She used to have fits of insanity, throwing chairs and crying and screaming. She then lifted her chin, looking at Mari straight in the eyes.

“Not everyone thinks you’re a murderer,†she began. “And even if they did, is that something you really want to be? Do you really want to stoop to everyone else’s low expectations? I don’t know you that well, but I can tell that you’re a better person than this.â€

Oske shook her head slightly. “I can’t help you. You can only help yourself. Outdo the expectations. You’re who you want to be. Don’t let others define you.â€

Oske turned her back to Mari, starting to walk away. She didn’t want Mari to see it, but that took all of her strength to be so serious with someone. Tears were running down her face.

After exiting the city, I decided to move towards the outskirts. There was usually a good group of EXP farmers wandering about. Maybe even find some new members for S1!. Rounding the corner of a bend in the trees I see a pink haired woman laughing loudly, but banging her body against the tree. Her dagger drawn I can see her orange marker. A player killer....why is her weapon drawn? Is she trying to kill that other girl that's talking to her?. I hid behind a tree, carefully observing her words and actions. The other girl yelled something about her making her own choices and began to walk away. I could feel a strange sense of powerful anger emanating from her. It was somehow familiar to me, reminded me of a power i felt when I slayed my dark side...

It was an ordinary day until he heard screams from not to far ago. He had his weapon drawn in seconds and he sprinted as quickly as he could over to the noise. He saw several people there by the time he arrived. His blonde hair had gotten in his eyes for a few seconds, but he waved it out of his face quickly enough to see Mari, had just killed another player. He saw Oske standing there trying to calm her, but without a single trace of luck, Mari had simply drawn her dagger and was swaying from side to side with murderous intent and a maniacal grin on her face.

He knew what she was planning, and if he didn't step in, then another player might die. He ran before Mari and he moved her against a tree. "Mari! Snap out of it, damnit! This isn't you and YOU know that!" he said as he looked into her eyes. He didn't care if she attacked him, he didn't care if he died trying to help her. "Don't you see what you're doing? People are calling you murderer because that's the side you're showing them. Prove them wrong!" he said, with his hands on her shoulders.