[OP-F6] Part II: A Faint Awakening

The path through the trees and foliage had become wider as he realized this path had been walked through. The trees and shrubs seemed to naturally grow around the trodden area and offered little to no obstruction of his goal.

He neared the coordinates that Zeri had specified and wasn't all too amused when his latest victim seemed to have disappeared without a trace. Where'd the little runt run off to? I have so many horrific fantasies I wish to act out. Damnit Zeri you had one job. The blonde then turned around and scanned the trees. Perhaps it's a trap. Maybe they're all waiting for me. Oh non no no this won't do. 

He then swiped the air. He brought up the menu and equipped a weapon he had subconsciously forced Oikawa to forge. The Eternity Blade materialized before him. He then shoved the blade in the ground and proclaimed to any and everything and one around him. "Alright you conniving idiots. Which one of you zealous bastards want to subdue me that badly? Here's your chance. You are to use the blade placed here in front of me. If you win the duel the blade has been forged with the ability to take my soul and strip it from the Oikawa you know and love. On the other hand, if you lose, I will not stop at a half-loss duel. I will continue to attack until your life drops to zero. Anyone brave enough to take the challenge? THESE ARE MY TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT. Otherwise, you can kiss old Oikawa goodbye."

He gazed into the trees but saw no movement. If they were close enough they should hear him otherwise. He would just move on with old Oikawa lost deep inside...

Eternity Blade:

Name: (Eternity Blade)

Profession: (Blacksmith)

ID: (13924)

Roll: (11) [10+1]

Item Type: (One-Handed Rapier)

Quality: (Rare)

Enhancements: (+2 Damage)

Description: (A silver blade that seems to have smoky flames enchanted into the weapon itself. It is said this sword can harness and control evil spirits of whatever it strikes. The user of the blade can unleash that spirit at any given time but only for a certain amount of time (10 Posts) before the spirit must be returned or it may roam freely once more. )

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blonde stopped her pursuit then made a short whistling noise for her companion to stop. Kimba stopped and approached the two that ducked into the bushes. The blonde asked in a low voice: "Did you found him then?" but the answer came from the clearing ...a madman's voice could be heard laughing and shouting without any apparent target: "I don't know about that blade being what he says it is. Okay I'll go and distract him, you send a PM to Azide and announce him that we found Oikawa. Then I want you to sneak somewhere around him, I'll play his little duel game and after we finish the half HP duel you come and immobilize him with that martial arts skill while I distract him. If Azide comes tell him to stay put and watch, to provide backup if needed." a small smile showed itself, her eyes showing excitement as she continued: "never got a chance to duel him, I want to see how much he progressed since 'the prince'."

The blond then motioned Kimba to stay back while she made a couple of steps back and Jumped high in the sky, landing in front of Oikawa, not to give away the direction she was coming from. "Tsk Tsk Tsk...Kawi-kun what is this messed you've gotten yourself into? You know your guild members are worried about you. Have you been fooling around with some of Mari's potions that X had?" she said with a mocking tone, looking at him. she still had her sword at her waist so she decided to continue taunting him. "Hey you were doing some duel practice with the others in Snowfrost Village a while ago. How about you show me how much you've evolved since 'prince'?" she said with a grin, next sending him a half HP duel invitation.

((you can attack on your next post...while she still didn't unsheathe her blade

As Oikawa made his announcement Calrex clenched his fists, eyeing the sword that Oikawa had planted into the ground, "Shoot, it's a rapier. I could try and fight him, but the odds of me emerging victorious would be slim to no..."

"I don't know about that blade being what he says it is. Okay I'll go and distract him, you send a PM to Azide and announce him that we found Oikawa. Then I want you to sneak somewhere around him, I'll play his little duel game and after we finish the half HP duel you come and immobilize him with that martial arts skill while I distract him. If Azide comes tell him to stay put and watch, to provide backup if needed."

Calrex looked back as Ariel volunteered herself to duel Oikawa. He nodded as the white slits in the helmet gave a blink, indicating he was paying attention. As she began to converse with Oikawa Calrex made his way around the perimeter of the "duel area," making a few swipes in his menu to send a message to Azide and Xanatos.

Subject: Oikawa Found

Ariel and I just found Oikawa. It looks like he's trying to issue a duel. Ariel's decided to take up the challenge. Right now he said that supposedly if she were to beat him with the weapon that he's provided in a half-life, the "old" Oikawa would return. He said something about the sword being able to strip his soul from Oikawa's body. It appears to be a rapier. I'm making my way behind him to subdue him once the duel's over. Use my coordinates to find us.

After sending the message Calrex got into position, staying low in the bushes about fifteen paces from where Oikawa and Ariel were standing.

"Good luck Ariel. We've gotta bring him back..."

Two messages appeared in front of him- he skimmed through the contents of both. He was pleasantly surprised to find that both of the messages leaned towards good news for once. "So X is safe, and Oikawa's been found?" He nodded his head in approval, despite the fact that neither of the senders would actually see his gesture.

This other side of Oikawa seemed to have a fascination with duels, one way or another. "For something so openly sinister, it's a wonder he doesn't just flat out attack people. Perhaps it's an honor thing," he decided, remember his friend's Japanese heritage. Speaking of which, that reminded him to ask the youth about the meaning of 'Yomi'. True, it'd slipped his mind for quite some time now, but better late than never.

He turned back to Zeri and set a hand on the boy's shoulder. "You'll be just fine, Zeri. I'll make sure of it. And as for what you should do next?" Steady movements guided his hand to the virtual keyboard in front of him, and practiced movements produced a response to Calrex- X seemed to be on his way and doing just fine, from the sound of it.

To: Calrex
Subject: Re: Oikawa Found

On my way. Trusting you not to let things get out of hand.
And X is safe, be on the lookout for him.

With that, his hand glided across the screen and tapped send, before exiting from the window. "What you're going to do next is come with me." He pulled up the coordinates that had been provided to him, courtesy of Calrex. A stationary red dot appeared on his map, and he took note of the location in reference to their current point. "Oikawa awaits."

He sprang forward and sped off into the forest, darting and weaving through the dense undergrowth. "Let's get going, Zeri!"

"Who's X?"' That was his first question when Azide had read his messages. He also thought about if Oikawa being found was a good thing or a bad thing. Then Azide said something but didn't quite make sense to him so he didn't ask anything.

Then the next thing Azide had said was that he would protect him. "I hope you're right..." Then Azide said to follow him as he dashed of into the forest. "I hope I don't regret this..." Zeri said before he went into the forest as well. He had knew the path he taken before might get there before Azide. As he was running, Zeri had kept saying to himself that he hopes Oikawa isn't there.

As he hit the edge off the woods, Zeri made sure that he had his equipment on. "Curiass of immortality, Claymore of Amarok. Ok" Then a big chill when down his spine again like earlier. He slowly stepped out of the forest to see a rapier, then he looked up to see Oikawa. "O-Oikawa are you ok. You don't seem like yourself." Zeri said while taking his weapon, 'Claymore of Amarok', out and managing to keep distance between them

I set out to the edge of the woods where I could see everyone was heading for. I headed threw the trees quickly and with the wind. Every now and then I would pull up above the trees and see the sunset. The pink mist flew past my mouth and I smiled thinking of her.

As I began nearing the edge of the woods I could see azide and Zeri. I then opened the map and saw where Oikawa was. Then I decided it be best to silently observe how things play out and come in when needed. So I pulled up my hood and activated my stealth skill.

"Shhhh." I whispered to maruchan as he also came under the influence of my stealth skill.

We moved up high in the trees covered by foliage I used to my advantage(+1 stealth rating). Then I found the spot on the highest tree with the most foliage cover.

Total stealth rating: 13

[14117] LD: 12 (Failed to find X)

A yellow flash came into view, as a girl dropped into the battlefield. Ariel I believe is the blonde's name. "Nice of you to join me Ariel-kun...So you're the eager one to lose your head eh? It's a shame. I'd hate to remove such pretty face from its body keke. But alas, you leave me no choice. I'll just have to dismember you. Piece by piece haha...hahahahaha! CARE TO PLAY MY GAME CROWNED LION!?!?!? PICK UP THE BLADE, EQUIP IT AND HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT MUAHAHAHAHA"

The brink of insanity seemed to be closer to Oikawa than the sword in font of him. His fits of maniacal laughter seemed to worsen and the delusion that he could take on the world seemed to hold steady as he readied his blade. In the distance a rustling caught his attention. Furthermore, Oikawa knew Ariel wasn't alone. Just how many people are surrounding me? Not the time to become panicked. focus on killing this self proclaimed Crowned Lion and be done with her. Her very essence irritates me. I just want to see the color fade from her eyes. much like Daeron I suppose. That guy had the right idea hahaha.

"So Ariel-kun...Which appendage are you least fond of?" he inquired while licking the corners of his mouth. A sudden stammering broke the silence as he waited for Ariel to grasp the blade. The newbie he had assumed to be Zeri-kun, stepped onto the edge of the clearing. "Oh I assure you I'm peachy. I'll be even better once Ariel has been removed from the game, and I can wring the life from your neck. Care to skip to that part ? keke."

"B-bastard. I swear...I'll kill you." Zeri had said as he started to slowly move forward, letting his anger controlling him. Zeri wanted to kill Oikawa with the blade that he gave him. But he stopped when a girl came up accepting his challenge. He took a look at the girl and noticed that she uses a raiper and is probably good at it. Then Zeri came up with a prediction, "She'll rip you to shreds. I don't hope that she kills you cause I want to stain the last little bit of your blood with your blade that you gave me." He finished that as he walked back. He noticed something rustling in the trees, but didn't pay it any mind. He looked at the girl and said, "Don't hold back. He doesn't...deserve...to live"

Before she could respond to Oikawa's taunt, a new player appear into the clearing: 'Dammit Cal what are you keeping watch of?' she wondered before putting a serious face as the new guy started shouting in anger. Telling her not only to kill Oikawa but to mutilate his body like he threatened her would do to her. She frowned while releasing a harsh tone towards the new guy: "Key kid, I think you're a bit out of your league here. If there is a remote chance that you're from the S1, I suggest you keep quiet and make yourself disappear." she bared her fangs (teeth) while closing in on the blade that Oikawa impaled in the ground. She took a quick glance at the guy with the claymore, as he started talking again. 'Just get lost already' she thought while pulling the rapier out of the ground, next addressing Oikawa as she entered her well practiced defensive stance, her eyes blazing with anger from the earlier disruption:

"Tsk Tsk Tsk Kawi-kun... Since when do you wish my ill-being? and here I thought we were friends, I'm hurt seriously. As for your last statements, you are a pretty cocky son of a censored if you think you can defeat me in your current state. Fine then...show me how much you've evolved since we fought 'Prince'!!!" she said while equipping the 'Eternity Blade', getting a feel of it for the first time. 'This blade is lighter than I'm used to wielding...I hope it won't pose a problem mid-fightShe then shows a grin towards her opponent sending him a half HP duel request. 'I may act tough but I think if we had the same level we would've been even, equipment wise. Still, that damned shield will prove to be a challenge.'

((go ahead and start the duel Oikawa!

ID: 14127 LD: 16 (14+2) (Notices X)

Ariel's stats:

HP: 51 / Duel HP: 25.5 :))

Basic Dmg: 8

Dmg Mit: 3

Acc: 3

Eva:3

Savvy:1 ((gotta change it in the signature

Concentration

Calrex gave a sigh as he saw a New player, which he assumed to be Zeri, emerge from the bushes, immediately beginning to spout condemning words as if trying to kill Oikawa with his seething anger.

"I wonder if this is how the cycle of player-killing continues..."

He quickly made his way over to where Zeri was, seeing that Azide was there as well, "Good to see you guys are alright. Don't worry, Ariel's got this covered."

He looked over at the player he assumed to be Zeri, "Zeri I believe. I'm Calrex. Listen, I'm not sure what's transpired between you and Oikawa, but since you were not there for what occurred before this I'll keep this brief. The person you see before you right now isn't Oikawa. This isn't some 'true side' of him that's come out. I'm guessing since you know his name that you've been acquainted with him before, the side of him that actually is helpful, friendly, and light-hearted. That's the real Oikawa."

Calrex looked over as he watch Ariel retrieve the weapon, "The person there right now is not him."

"Although whether this persona now has been suppressed or not I haven't yet figured out..."

"In any case, I'm requested that you merely stay to the side for now and let Ariel handle this. We're going to destroy whatever personality has taken over him, not kill him."

With that he gave a nod to Azide as he sneakily returned back to where he was hiding before.

"Ariel can pull this off. I just hope there isn't some other trick that this Oikawa has up his sleeve..."

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +1) = 9 (Does not detect X)

(Ariel I'm going to pretend like you're not trying to walk me right into activating your savvy lol.)

Oikawa's Stats:

HP: 41 or 20.5/ DMG: 8/ ACC: 3/ EVA: 3/ MIT: 3

Battle Healing R1 (+1 HP on CD 10+)

Zeri continued to yell outrageous threats as if he could actually do anything about the situation. "Now now Zeri, don't make me post-pone my duel with Ariel-kun here just so i can snap your neck and shut you up for good. Then again where's the fun in not seeing you squirm and beg for your life hmm? I suppose I could just paralyze you but I no longer seem to have that weapon in my collection. Shame it was good for dismembering as well." 

Turning back to Ariel, Oikawa narrowed his eyes and contorted his face into a twisted sadistic grin.  He accepted the duel request and spoke, "As for you. It will bring me immense pleasure to watch you eat those words as your body glows brighter than the red of your lipstick and you pixelate into nothing." Then like flash, all that stood before Ariel was Oikawa's after-image. The Faint becoming to ring true as a name as he suddenly reappeared behind Ariel to whisper "Don't let your guard down Crowned One. It won't be any fun tearing you to pieces if you die too soon." Sinking his rapier into her back, Oikawa used his shield to then slam her forward.

"Keke. This is exhilarating already hahahahaha"

[14143] BD: 8 [8+3-3]

Oikawa: 41/41

Ariel: 46/51 (-5) [8-3]

Not too long after Zeri's appearance, I stepped out into the clearing. My arms were folded across my chest, and I simply watched from the sidelines. A pensive calm would perhaps describe the look in my eyes as Oikawa and Ariel began to engage each other. Now that the former had been located and effectively surrounded, the predicament had effectively taken one step closer towards containment.

"If anything, at least I don't have to worry about the possibility of any ambushes." Being a lone renegade, Oikawa's only leverages had at first been his possession of a hostage, along with his element of surprise. Now that X had been released and Zeri secured, Oikawa had lost the former. The second had been surrendered the moment he'd committed to a more traditional conflict- one where he had no chance of triumph.

A slight nod acknowledged Calrex's words before he vanished back into the undergrowth. Should the situation escalate even further, it was safe to say that we were more than prepared to handle it.

She watched as Oikawa accepted the duel request with a grin, she would see it before but this time it had a sadistic tinge..she would know since she has almost the same type when she battles mobs with Kimba. As he started moving the blonde would ignore the afterimage and keep track of Oikawa's movements until a certain point, when a sound from the nearby bushes distracts her. She then hears Oikawa's voice behind her 'Dammit!' she thought as she felt a sharp pierce followed by a massive impact from behind. As she went forwards the blond executed a 180º mid air turn using the momentum he provided, scraping Oikawa's upper chest section and leaving behind a red slash like mark.

She took a quick glance at the source of the noise that distracted her earlier and saw Azide's figure, looking casually at their fight: 'Can't you guys watch from the bushes?' she thought while shooting him an angry look. Her attention was now on her opponent once again, she found this side of his irritating. "I got to admit it your speed improved but you're still the Faint Heart, as you admitted yourself the first time we meet....before we fought 'prince'. " she said with a smirk, memories from that first battle coming to her mind.

[14202] BD: 7 [7+3-3]

Oikawa: 36/41 (-5) [8-3]

Ariel: 46/51 

As the blonde was propelled forward, she quickly whipped around and extended her blade to slash Oikawa's chest. "Always bring up the past Ariel-kun. You should move past it and worry about your not so bright future. As for Faint Heart, or Faint Smile, those were the jokes. Because I will show you a Faint Death." Oikawa lunged forward a sent three short thrusts towards Ariel's chest. He then followed up with two slashes at her undefended legs and ended his combo with another high jab, followed by a low jab, and ending with a powerful thrust at her chest once more.

As most of the blows connected, Oikawa watched as her HP dwindled down further. Keke She's all roar and no bite it seems. Oikawa smirked as his Battle Healing kicked in. "I see Zeri finally decided to shut the hell up. The pipsqueak  will have my wrath soon enough." Oikawa glanced at Azide who had made his presence known a bit earlier, but only stared on with his expression remaining neutral all the while.

[14217] BD: 7 [7+3-3] CD: 12

Oikawa: 37/41 (+1)

Ariel: 41/51 (-5) [8-3]

Calrex continued to observe from his place in the bushes behind Oikawa as the duel began. It looked like both combatants began to equally exchange blows, which seemed interesting, as both Oikawa and Ariel were veteran fighters. The fact that both managed to connect strikes on each other could represent the equality in their strength, or that both seemed to be more focused on scoring a hit over avoiding damage.

"Come on Ariel, you can do this. I hope that the special effect might come into play. It seems like it might prove useful"

He gave a calming breath as he adjusted himself slightly so rest more comfortably in his crouched position, the white slats in his helmet focused on the duel.

When I noticed ariel spotted me I mothed the words "shut the f*ck up" and placed a finger in front of my mouth. Sunset was now upon us and the shadows were now also helping conceal me along with the foliage. (stealth rating +2) I sat and silently observed as the duel before me began.

It seems ariel actually is pretty amazing for some one that I beat. Now that I'm a fist fighyer il probably be using stealth a lot more often for grinding and what not. It's also pretty funny how I get all my stuff from ariels shop.

As the fight dragged I remained silent. Azide should know I'm here somewhere. I sent him a message telling him I'm getting into position so now I simply wait for the signal.

Stealth rating: 12+2=14

Zeri completely ignored Ariel as Calrex came and approached him telling him that wasn't the real Oikawa and Ariel has got this battle. He had a hard time believing that's not Oikawa. As Calrex heads off, Zeri went up a tree an sat down to watch the battle. Then Oikawa called him a pipsqueak and said he'll face his wrath soon. "I'm... I'M NOT A PIPSQUEAK..."He said quietly since no one can really hear him, "I'm not a pipsqueak...I'm not weak...I prove it to them...I...WILL kill him..." Then he heard something in the trees but couldn't find anything.

ID: 14227 LD: 3+2=5 (yes I still have your plushy Oikawa) Does not notice X

"I'm not going to hide the fact that I'm watching, if that's what you're asking," said Azide. His fingers drummed lightly against his folded arm, and his shoulders raised in unison in a nonchalant shrug. "In any case, carry on."

It would be an inappropriate time for monologuing any further, and he didn't feel the need to explain his thought process to a pair of active combatants- half of which was clearly insane for the time being. Still, the truth was that Zeri had already exposed their presence with his entry. Furthermore, he knew that Calrex was still around- and even if Oikawa had picked up his presence earlier, the man was once again out of sight. Finally, there was the expectation that X was somewhere nearby.

"But I won't be calling on him just yet," he decided. Although Oikawa and Ariel seemed to be roughly equal in combat, their skirmish was ultimately a numbers game. Ariel, in this case, had the advantage in that department.

He watched on as the pair landed consecutive hits against each other- speaking volumes about how their little spat would end. "It's only a matter of time before Oikawa loses." A series of on-target strikes rained down on Ariel, and he watched as her health bar took another hit. "In a numbers game like this, the duel was over the moment it began. But better to wait for the inevitable to play out. Then we'll bring Oikawa home."

The blonde smirked as she tried to deflect the incoming barrage of strikes directed at her chest, with her vambraces but couldn't totally negate the DMG as he slashed at her legs. 'I should consider wearing some leg pads as well.' she thought ignoring his blabbering about death. Then he smirked as his hp raised by the tiniest bit possible. Her instincts told her to attack him lash out and remove that smirk from his face but that shield was indeed troublesome. She waited a few moments when a opportunity finally presented itself, Oikawa took only a glance at the unwelcomed newcomer, known as Azide and she didn't hesitate to rush at the blond, striking him in his left shoulder. 'Hopefully that would decrease his movements with the shield to some degree'. she thought before letting out a small grin, quickly retracting her rapier and entering a defensive stance once again. The blonde then addressed him in a mocking tone, hopping to make him a bit ... careless : "You know..I don't like this face of yours. Didn't I tell you many times to not get distracted during battle? Geez Kawi-kun, can you start fighting me seriously? or you want to make me look like a bad teacher?" she said with a sheepish smile.

[14259] BD: 8 [7+3-3] 

Oikawa: 32/41 (-5) [8-3]

Ariel: 41/51 

In the brief moment that Oikawa left Ariel's presence unattended, he was quickly dealt a painful blow to his shield holding harm. "ACK!!! My my Ariel-kun, i never expected a cheap shot from one who prides herself in battle. Guess your not as great as you think.. Shame to you had he others fooled keke. but not me...." Oikawa quickly raised his rapier behind his back. In the blink of an eye he had launched himself into the air. Spiraling down, he kept his rapier pointed at the blonde. The split second before he made contact, he moved again. This time appearing below the girl as he sent his rapier smashing into what appeared her vambrace as she deflected the blow.

Dammit I was sure she wouldn't see that attack coming. Tsk Tsk now I'm on the defensive. Oikawa jumped back and stared at the blonde. He studied her frame and stance to see if he catch even an inkling of her next move. "Don't think for a second that you've one yet."  His body faintly glowed once more as is HP climbed another point.

[14482] BD: 5 [5+3-3] CD: 11

Oikawa: 33/41 (+1)

Ariel: 41/51 (-0)