[PP F-5] The Traveler (Calrex and Teayre)

Zeri landed in Armadillo village for the first time. The first thing Zeri noticed, was the heat. "Man, this place is hot! A very bad time to have heavy armor on." Zeri had came here to do a quest called 'The Traveler' and was planning to complete it despite the intense heat. But sadly, Zeri couldn't do it alone, due to the fact that he might actually get lost in desert and might never find his was back. So Zeri decided to do the safest thing; to post a request and hope someone would respond.

The Traveler Quest Help:

I would like a few people to help me out with this quest because this will be my first time on the fifth floor and I didn't want to get lost. Your help will be highly appreciated. I will be located as soon as you enter Armadillo Village. Once again, thank you for your help.

Zeri

So after that, Zeri stayed near the entrance of the village and hoped someone would come and help him complete this quest.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hm? Someone put out a quest assistance notification..."

Calrex was wearing his casual combat gear as he walked around Armadillo on the fifth floor. The last few times he came here were for either a quest or assisting someone in some treasure hunting. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable floor to walk around on, but he had grown accustomed to the heat that he felt he could probably walk around in his Grand Chariot armor without worrying about passing out from heat exposure.

"I guess I could lend them a hand. Let's see...oh, the player is Zeri. Sure that won't be a problem."

He accepted the request, activating his tracker as he made his way through the crowd. Upon recognizing the player standing at the settlement's entrance he gave a friendly wave and walked the rest of the distance over, "Hey Zeri, long time no see. I saw your quest assistance post. I've done the quest before, so hopefully that knowledge comes in handy."

Looking around Teayre sighed as Beleram shifted around on her shoulder, squawking irritably. Patting him on the head she looks at him from the corner of her eye before sighing again, looking around the settlement of Armadillo she sighs for a third time. Why had she come to this place again, it was dry, hot and the sand got everywhere even in places you didn’t want it to. Bringing her menu up she looks at the request that Zeri had put up letting out yet another sigh she sets wanders through the village a bit before heading to the then entrance of the village. As she arrives she notices a very familiar person already talking to Zeri.

“Would you quiet down Beleram, I know it’s hot and awkward here but just deal with it alright.â€

Making sure her outfit was appropriate she looked down and sighed as she changed her outfit out for the red dress, with the black lace lining. The high neck collar she tightened adjusted before using the red headband to put her hair up into a half ponytail. Pulling on the black arm length gloves she gently taps the Oikawa Kanashiki before heading over to the pair.

“CALLIE!â€

Jumping at the blue haired boy she gives him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before letting go, her face going a bright red, as she tried to look at Zeri without making eye contact.

“Hi Zeri… Umm, did you still need a hand with the quest at all? I’m sure Calrex has already gone on about how he’s done it all before.â€

Zeri watched as Calrex had came to help him with this quest. "Hey there Calrex. It has been a while. Any info about this quest would be great." Then Zeri started to feel a little dizzy so he opened up his menu and got some water and started to drink it so he wouldn't pass out from heat exhaustion. "I wonder if she will be here."

Then not too long after he thought about it, Zeri heard someone shouting Calrex's name, or Callie to be more precise. It was none other than Teayre as she jumped onto him and kissed him. Zeri blushed a little and thought to himself, "I wish I could find someone who at least care about me just a little."

Then Teayre said hello to him, which broke him from his thoughts and said to her, "Hey. You can join if you want. Calrex really hasn't gone into detail about all of that, not yet at least." Zeri then looked at the group and thought that this should be enough. "So, shall we get ready to leave." Zeri said as he waited for everyone else's okay before they leave.

As Teayre snuck up behind him Calrex gave a smile and gave her a quick hug, "Hey there, long time no see."

As both of his teammates made a comment about his knowledge Calrex put on a friendly face as he looked over at Teayre, "Hey don't go selling yourself short. You were with me on that quest with Oikawa and Ariel remember?"

With that he looked back over at Zeri, "Well in any case what we need to do is go across the desert to see if we can retrieve a box from a broken down caravan that went missing. It's probably partially buried from the sands, but from what I remember it generates about a day's travel away from here. We'll just need to be careful, because the harsh climate away from Armadillo can actually wear down on us. We'll need to be careful that none of us get badly worn down by the weather."

(OC: The CD roll is in effect from Zeri’s next post)

“I’m all ready to go, even if snowy here’s being a grump.â€

As she speaks Teayre points with her thumb at Beleram, a scowl coming across her face. She sighed and listened to Calrex nodding as he gave a brief description of what could happen.

“It shouldn’t be too bad, although looking at the map Zeri’s objective is in a different direction to where ours was Callie, so we might not be able to camp out in that cave. The other thing is we need to watch out for creatures and not just the climate as there are all sorts of beasts that live in the desert that like to sneak up on people.â€

Shrugging her shoulders she begins to fuss Beleram with her hand, part drawing her katana she gently tests the blade with the edge of her finger before returning it into the sheath. Looking at Calrex and Zeri she eyes narrowing and her lips losing all signs of a smile and her voice quiet.

“The pair of you no matter what happens you come back alive, I don’t care if we fail the quest we all come back alive. Understand?â€

With that Teayre turns on her heel making her way into the desert.

"Ok." Zeri told Calrex as he explained about the quest. "I never knew that it would take at least a day just to get there. We going to have to be quick and lucky to finish this quest in time."

Then Teayre said that we should watch out for beasts as well and also that my location was different from theirs when they did it. Zeri then opened his menu and equipped his gear, 'Chaosbreaker' and 'Curiass of Immortality', and said to Teayre, "I'll do my best to be prepared as possible. It doesn't matter where it is, we can do it."

Then Teayre told Zeri and Calrex to abandon the quest if things go wrong. "Of course. I'm not dying just to grab some cargo." Then Teayre took off into the desert, and Zeri was right behind her.

ID: 15314 CD: 2 (thank you dice gods)

Zeri: [27/27 HP]

As his two teammates took off towards the desert Calrex gave a nod, quickly equipping the rest of his Grand Armament, his body becoming surrounded by the Grand Chariot armor as he kept pace with Teayre and Zeri, "Of course, our lives take priority over a quest. One can always be attempted again, the other cannot."

ID: 15326

Craft Dice: 8

As the trio made their way across Calrex was feeling perfectly fine. After taking the Acrobatics and Athletics skills it seemed that wearing the Grand Chariot armor was no longer much of a hindrance at all. If he had tried to do so when first starting out it would probably be pretty heavy, but now it felt as light as wearing his casual combat gear. The deep sea blue coloring seemed to reflect a decent amount of the sun without absorbing a good amount to actually heat the metal.

"How're you guys doing so far?"

ID: 15339

CD: 8

“Just, Just about Cal. How’re you holding up Zeri?â€

Raising her arm Teayre shielded her eyes from the flying sand, Beleram was huddled away clinging to her back gently patting him Teayre kept her eyes out for anything of interest not seeing anything she sighed.

“I guess it was much too early to hope to find something already… So Zeri, how are you finding the game? Enjoying it?â€

Keeping her eyes peeled Teayre watched around carefully to make sure no mobs were sneaking up on them even in the harsh weather.

“Cal, I’ve got a bad feeling… Something’s not right I don’t know what there’s something… Something missing.â€

Drawing her blade Teayre frantically started tossing her head around.

"I'm fine." Zeri said to the both of them as he battles the bad weather. Then Teayre asked Zeri if he was enjoying the game.

"...its...its ok. I guess you can say I'm enjoying it a little bit."

Then Zeri thought about what Teayre asked him. "Am I really liking this game? Enjoying this game alone isn't really fun. I wish I had someone to enjoy it with." "I hope this weather doesn't get any worse than this." Zeri said as he was protecting himself from the bad weather. Then Teayre said that something didn't feel right, which made Zeri unsheathed his blade, and was getting into a defensive stance as he waited to see what will happen next.

ID: 15340 CD: 8

ID: 15341

Craft Dice: 9

"Don't worry guys, the area you're looking at is some shifting sand. We're far away from Sand Shark territory, so the only thing we have to worry about are those dang lizards from last time."

As Calrex spoke he let his <<Reveal>> skill activate. In the desert it functioned well at seeing behind any trees and rocks they came across, along with seeing about six feet or so underneath the sand. Any creature that was moving around underneath wouldn't easily escape his sight, "In any case looks like we're clear for now if you want to keep moving."

He gave a small calming breath as he kept his eyes peeled, scanning across the shifting waves as he let his skill remain active, "I'll keep on lookout for now."

ID: 15350

CD: 10

BD: 3 (2 + 1 ACC)

MD: 4

Teayre chuckled as Zeri gave his answer, “If you ever want some company I don’t mind hanging around. I tend to have a tonne of free time when this one is off with Oikawa. If I didn’t know better I’d say they’d have a man crush on each other.†Poking her tongue out at Calrex, she notices a slight shift in the sand behind him. Running forwards she slams her katana down into the sand just before a lizards bursts out.

“CAL! ZERI!â€

The creature whipped its tail around as it lunged for Teayre, she dove to the side taking her blade with her. Narrowly avoiding the beast she spins her blade around her wrist catching it with the other hand.

“Let’s do this.â€

As she dashed forward Beleram took flight, going over and landing on Calrex’s shoulder nattering in his ear. The beast tried to claw at Teayre catching it with her blade she started to block the blows from the creatures attacks giving ground away.

HP LIST

Teayre: 44/44

Zeri: 27/27

Calrex: 63/63

Bearded Dragon:43/43

Zeri started to blush as Teayre responded to his statement, "You-you heard me!?" Zeri wasn't sure if he was thinking out loud but he knew that it didn't matter anymore.

Still blushing, Zeri then said, "S-sure, if you really want to." Then Zeri chuckled at Teayre's next statement. "I hear that a lot."

Then Teayre had gotten Zeri's attention when she yelled Calrex's name and his as well. Zeri then turned around to see a dragon attacking the group.

Zeri then took out his blade and attacked the dragon. As Zeri attempted to attack the dragon, it took its claw and blocked his attack. Zeri ran back to the group and prepares for his next attack.

ID: 15351 BD: 1 CD: 10

Teayre: [44/44 HP]

Calrex: [63/63 HP]

(OCC: Are we using hate system?)

ID: 15355

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Craft Dice: 12

"Hey not you too with the bromance stuff Teayre, I already get more than enough when I end up around X."

He spoke with a jokingly sad tone until the monster appeared. After Zeri tried his hand at striking it he rushed in, delivering a fierce kick to its abdomen before leaping back, "Go for it Teayre, switch!"

HP List

Calrex: 63/63

Enemies:

Bearded Dragon: 37/43

OOC: Probably not for this fight, it's a small fry XD

(OOC: Nope Calrex is the target cause he managed to hit it first *evil grin*)

ID: 15356

BD: 7 (6 + 1 ACC)

MD: 7 (8 – 1 EVA)

CD: 4

The Bearded Dragon rolled over several times before coming to a halt from Calrex’s kick, the beast stood up snarling at the boy dashing forwards locking its jaws on his leg biting down hard. Letting out a cry Teayre ran forwards Oikawa Kanashiki moving with her striking straight down through the beasts neck. Letting go the creature glared up at her as red crystals slowly fell from its neck. Softly roaring it attempts to bite Teayre however she jumps back out of the way. Beleram takes flight battling against the high winds of the desert as he watches the battle from above.

“Zeri, Make your move!â€

HP List
Calrex: 62/63

Enemies:
Bearded Dragon: 31/43 6 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Thorns)

After watching both Teayre and Calrex land their attacks at the dragon, Zeri was determined to hit the dragon this go around. He gripped Chaosbreaker, which seemed to glow brighter than usual, and make his was towards the dragon. The dragon clawed at Zeri, but he dodged it and landed a attack right into its rib. The dragon roared in pain as Zeri drew his sword out of the dragon and made his way back to the group. "..." Zeri just looked at Calrex to see what he will do next.

ID: 15538 BD: 7+1=8 (success) CD: 12

Calrex: [63/63 HP]

Teayre: [44/44]

Enemies:

Bearded Dragon: [28/43 HP] (2 base +2 weapon)

ID: 15359

Battle Dice:  3 (Accuracy +1) = 4

Craft Dice: 4

As Zeri managed t deal a strong blow against the bearded dragon Calrex rushed in, leaping up as he threw a fist forward, aimed at the dragon's head. Unfortunately,the dragon managed to recover just in time to dart out of the way of his attack. Calrex's fist slammed into the sand as he landed, keeping his eyes trained on the creature, "Switch!"

As he leapt back he made sure that he was standing on a stable piece of sand, and not one that was shifting. He kept his <<Reveal>> skill activated, just in case any surprise monsters decided to pop up.

HP List

Enemies:

Bearded Dragon: 28/43

ID: 15366

BD: 8 (7 + 1 ACC)

MD: 3 (4 -1 EVA)

CD: 5

As the creature recovered from Zeri’s attack Calrex had charged forwards his fist in front of him. The Bearded Dragon slipped out from the attack narrowly dodging it. Hearing Calrex’s call Teayre sets her foot down sailing past slicing through the creature’s torso with ease, a small trail of red was left but quickly faded. Whipping around Teayre kept her eyes on the dragon as she called to Zeri and Beleram, her swords was trained on the beast keeping the distance between them. Ducking around her the lizard had gone for Calrex its jaws snapping at his feet, the boy managed to dodge the strike easily however.

“Zeri go! Beleram how’s it looking up there?â€

The eagle let out a loud call, as he swirled round above the combatants.

“It’s clear for the moment come on guys, let’s kill this thing and find the cargo. I hate this desert.â€

HP List

Enemies:

Bearded Dragon: 23/43 5 DMG (1 Base + 2 Skill + 2 Weapon)

"Besides the heat, I think it's alright." Zeri told Teayre as he prepared to make his attack. Zeri charged at the dragon in attempt to drive his sword into its chest (OOC: I hope people get the reference) but didn't noticed its claw coming. The dragon slammed its claw into the ground, which knocks Zeri back before he had the chance to attack. Zeri jumped back to the group and prepared himself to defend the dragon's attack.

ID: 15932 BD: 4+1=5(miss) CD: 12

Party;

Calrex: [62/63 HP]

Teayre: [44/44 HP]

Enemies:

Bearded Dragon: [23/43 HP]

ID: 15403

Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +1) = 1

Craft Dice: 11

As Teayre and Zeri both took their turns striking at the dragon Calrex gave his arm a quick shake to make sure it wasn't shocked from impacting the sand, rushing forward, "Alright, let's do this..."

As he quickly dashed across the sand towards the lizard he planted his stance as he got into striking range. Unfortunately, this time his foot had impacted on some soft sand, so as he swung it carried him forward like he was on a surfboard. His attack sailed clear of the lizard as he slid past, going about ten paces before he was able to stabilize himself enough to slow his movement, "Shoot, that wasn't even barely close to the mark."

HP List

Enemies:

Bearded Dragon: 23/43