[PP F-5] The Traveler (Calrex and Teayre)

ID: 15466

Craft Dice: 6

"mmhm..."

After a few more moments of slumber Calrex slowly opened his eyes, giving a stretch, "Hm...is it time to switch?"

As he got to his feet hs gave a quick stretch before he equipped his Grand Gauntlets and Grand Blade. As the gauntlets covered his forearms he reattached his sword to the back of his hip, looking over at the entrance of the cave, "Huh? What're you guys both doing up?"

He walked over, sitting down next to Teayre before placing a hand on her shoulder, "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" He gave a smile as he rested his hands on his knees.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 15468

CD:  6

“Huh? I would be but I had that same nightmare about my father, so there’s not a chance in hell of me getting any more rest tonight.â€

Her hand tightened on the back of her katana as she gripped it, the whites of her knuckles showing in the silvery moonlight. Her teeth were gritted as she choked back the tears that threatened to come.

“Zeri… Get some sleep seriously there’s not going to be any more sleep for me tonight.â€

Looking out into the desert Teayre stood, a hand resting gently on the side of the cave pressing her fist that held her katana to her mouth.  

Zeri looked at Calrex and Teayre, wanting to protest about going to sleep. But he knew that he would need some rest if was going to be of any help in the morning.

"Alright..."

Zeri went back into the cave and placed his blade down and laid beside it. He gave one final look at the two of them and said to himself, "Be careful." before he drifted off to sleep.

ID: 15471 CD: 4

Zeri: 25/27 HP

ID: 15473

Craft Dice: 7

Loot Dice: 6 (Danger Level +1)

As Zeri agreed to go to sleep Calrex gave a nod. With a quick swipe he equipped his Grand Chariot as he took up the watch post. So far the desert weather had not been a single bit of hindrance on him, which he gave a small sigh of relief for.

As he looked around he made note of the sound that he had heard previously while he was sleeping, "There's definitely movement outside. I guess there's still creatures moving about during the night."

WIth that he shifted his sitting position so that he was further into the cave, out of sight of any possible monsters outside of the cave. As he looked over at Teayre he spoke in a softer voice so that he could keep the conversation private, "Are you doing alright? You mentioned that nightmare. I'm right here if you needed to talk about anything."

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

ID: 15525

CD: 5

“Huh? Y-yeah I’m alright it was the same one again… It’s always the same one, I’ll manage don’t worry about me Cal.â€

Her lips twitched into a grimace as she stared out of the starry desert sky, her finger ran along the blade of her katana. Gritting her teeth as her body shivered Teayre looks back at Zeri seeing him fast asleep, she sighs.

“Cal, if I see him don’t stop me I know you don’t agree but if he’s here in this game it’s my one chance okay? If you don’t agree about what I want to do then strike me down now.â€

Zeri was tossing and turning trying to get comfortable as he sleeps. Zeri's conscious was telling him to wake up and help keep watch, but he knew that he needed to get some sleep or he wasn't going to be of any help in the morning. Zeri then opened his eyes and looked at the two who were at the entrance of the cave."I know that those two can pretty much handle anything on their own...but it'll just eat me alive if something happens to any of them and I didn't do anything to help." Zeri thought as he drifted back to sleep again.

ID: 15533 CD: 4 LD: 20(where were you when I needed you...)

ID: 15534

Craft Dice: 12

Loot Dice: 6 (Danger Level +1)

"I'm not gonna do that..."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he looked around. The sounds of movement seemed to have gotten closer once again, but there was still some distance before they were in close range of the cave.

"What happened to you back then...and what you're going to do now, even if I care that much about you I have no right to stand in your way. You've heard my side of it, but should it come to blades you'll have me at your side."

As he looked around the area he also peeked to see if Zeri was actually sleeping, giving a sigh of relief when he saw him doing so.

"Just a few more hours until the shift change again..."

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

ID: 15579

CD: 11

Looking over at Calrex Teayre nods, moving round she sits down next to him leaning her head onto his shoulder. Interlocking their hands the red headed girl stifles a snivel as she looks up at Calrex.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t let it get to me whilst we’re on a mission. It’ll let Zeri down and he needs this just as much as we all do.â€

A small screech echoed throughout the cave causing Teayre to stand straight up her blade was in her hand so quick that it looked as it teleported.

“Cal did you? Did you hear that?â€

Zeri was still tossing and turning in his sleep, but a lot less than he was earlier. In his mind he was wondering how was Calrex and Teayre doing. Then Zeri had pictured something in his head. A courtroom, his parents, his neighbors, some other kid's parents, and he also heard different conversations going on. Then he recalled one specific conversation with somebody.

"No...I didn't mean to...kill them...I...don't know about a...weapon..."

Then unconsciously, Zeri picked up his weapon and hit it against the wall and said, "I don't know why...I...did it."

Then after that, Zeri dropped his weapon, which woke him up for a second, but quickly went back to sleep.

ID: 15583 CD: 7

ID: 15591

Craft Dice: 2

Loot Dice: 13

"Yeah, I've been hearing it for a while. Seems like it's staying a decent distance away for now, but let's keep tabs on it, just in case it decides to get closer."

As Calrex noted Teayre's tension about the noise his ears focused. Whatever creature was the origin of the sounds seemed to be at a distance far enough that it was out of a detection range from the AI system, for not at least. Calrex gave a calming breath as he looked back over at his teammate, "In any case, looks like it's getting close to the shift change. I'm feeling rested enough if you'd prefer the continued company."

Danger Level:

Calrex: 2/3

ID: 15596

CD: 12

LD: 13

Her eyes flicking over to Zeri who had begun speaking his sleep, Teayre sighs.

“I hope he’s alright you know Cal, I do worry about him.â€

Gently touching her boyfriend’s cheek Teayre smiles at him ruffling his hair before looking out over the sands that were starting to gain a slight haze of orange from the morning sun peering over the horizon.

“It’s up to you, if you’d like more sleep take it whilst you can Callie. I’ll be well enough from now though, it just shocked me as usual… It does every time.â€

Danger Level

Teayre: 0/3

Zeri slept for a little bit longer before he decided to get up. Zeri yawned and stretched for a bit. Zeri then looked out the cave and saw that it was still nighttime. Zeri then began to rub his eyes and then said to himself,"How much longer till the sun comes up so we can look for this treasure?" Then Zeri looked and Calrex and Teayre and said to the both of them,"It's nice to see that you both are ok."

ID: 15602 CD: 2

ID: 15609

Craft Dice: 7

"Nah, it's alright. I'll keep watch with you. I've gotten more than enough sleep, so I'll be well rested once we head out in the morning."

He turned when he heard Zeri speak, giving a nod, since the smile under his helmet couldn't be seen, "Nice to see you're getting some good sleep. Go ahead and keep resting for now. Should be still a couple of hours before sunrise."

With that he moved over from his watch position so that Teayre could switch with him, sitting down next to her, "Well, if you ever need to talk about more, I'm always here to listen. Just let me know."

ID: 15650

CD: 4

LD: 18

Nodding at Calrex, Teayre keeps her gaze focused outside of the cave where the haze from the rising sun caused the desert landscape to shimmer. Squinting Teayre sees a glimmer a short distance away.

“Cal, I’ll be back in a second I’m just going to check something out.â€

Without waiting for a reply Teayre dashes out of the cave and squats down a short distance away by a cactus, as she rifles through the sand a great wind blows through whipping up a lot of the sand. Muffling a scream Teayre covers her eyes, as she feels the wind dying down the red haired girl tentatively opens her eyes. Squinting she sees a small cart with a few boxes on it.

“Cal! Zeri! I think I found something!â€

"I'll be ok missing a few hours of sleep." Zeri said to Calrex as he was yawning. Zeri got up from the cold cave floor, stretched, and walked over to where Teayre and Calrex was standing at."What I missed? Did I sleep through anything important?" Zeri asked the group as he was rubbing his eyes once more.

Then Zeri heard Teayre said that she'll be right back."I wonder what can she be looking for." Zeri thought as he watched Teayre from a distance. Zeri yawned once more as he heard Teayre yelling their names as she said she might have found something."I coming Teayre!" Zeri yelled back to Teayre as he grabbed Chaosbreaker and ran towards Teayre location. When Zeri got close to where Teayre was, he stop and started to shake his legs."Man! Now I got to get all this sand out my shoes!" Zeri complained as he approached Teayre. Then Zeri looked at Teayre and said,"What you see?"

ID: 15701 CD: 10

ID: 15705

Craft Dice: 9

"Hm?"

As Teayre took off after seeing something amongst the sands Calrex got up and followed suit, taking note of Zeri being close behind. As he drew close he followed her gaze to see she had stumbled upon a small cart filled with boxes, "Is that the caravan we are supposed to be looking for?"

He quickly rushed over, sliding as he came to a stop. Since he was already in the Grand Chariot armor, he didn't have to worry about the sand getting stuck in his shoes as he looked around, "Well, if this is it be'd best get to rummaging through these boxes to find the good the old lady was looking for."

With that he began pulling out each of the boxes, setting them on a piece of stable ground for the others to begin searching through.

ID: 15821

CD: 5

LD:19

As they rooted around in the cargo Teayre tosses a small box over to Zeri.

“Isn’t that what you need Zeri? I could be wrong though.â€

As she continued to look around Teayre found a small lump of clay in on the boxes pocketing it she smiled. Looking up she saw that the sun was now starting to climb into the sky.

“I really hope that’s it Zeri because the sun’s just about to come so we need to make a move as it’ll take a day to travel back to Armadillo. How’s things going your end Cal?â€

Digging around Teayre struggles to find anything else of value so she pulls some water out of her bags and drinks it offering it around.

Teayre gains 1 Material

Catching the box Teayre tossed to him, Zeri was looking in it to see if he can find the item he was asked to retrieve. After rummaging through the box for a few moments, Zeri had found the requested item. "Ok. I got what I need. Let's head back to town." Zeri said as he tossed the box aside since nothing else in the box have anything Zeri can use. "Help yourselves to whatever's left." Zeri told Calrex and Teayre as he took a couple of steps away from them to be alone for a moment."Ok, I have what I came here for. Time to make our way back to town, and hopefully without any stops if it isn't really necessary." Zeri said to himself as he looked back at the other two to see if they was going to plumage through the cargo.

ID: 15867 LD: 18 CD: 10

Obtained Quest Item

ID: 15871

Craft Dice: 4

As Zeri noted that he found what they were looking for Calrex gave a nod as he got to his feet, looking over at Teayre, "Alright, let's get moving as quick as we can. If we move fast enough we should be able to make it back to town before it becomes nighttime again."

With that he hopped away from the cart, landing on another patch of stable sand as he dusted his hands off, giving a calming breath.

"Let's hope there's no surprise encounters on the way back as well..."

Once Zeri and Teayre were ready to go he would follow suite, taking up the back line of watch.

ID: 15897

CD: 8

Shrugging as neither of the boys accept her water Teayre finishes it off as the flash dissipates in a flash of colour. Stretching as she stands up she lets out a low whistle as Beleram comes in and lands on her shoulder.

“Right I’m all set, let’s make a move.â€

Her feet hitting the sand as she pushes off almost activating her <Sprint> skill before she slows down and walks alongside Zeri and Calrex. Her hand slipping down interlocking with the blue haired boys own.