[OP-F1] (Complete) Part III: A Faint Confession

Nightfall had come far quicker than one could expect. The moon settled in perfectly among the starry backdrop, just as the wind chilled and settled for the night. A figure could be seen strolling through the town center. A furry grey companion strapped to his head like the helmet your parents would make you wear when you learned to ride your back. Their brisk pace came to a halt as they neared a bench not to far from the teleportation gate.

There, they sat and watched as players passed by here and there. The player then swiped through the air. Bringing up his menu he selected everyone in his contact list and began to type.

To: Square One, Ariel, Calrex, Haine, Teayre, Kotori, London, Keith, Kiru, (insert other friends)

Subject: Announcement!

As the subject suggests, I have an announcement to make. Meet me at the teleportation gate on floor one. I know Keith can't enter but I hope Kiru can relay my announcement. I know everyone can't make it but I will start my announcement in about 30 minutes (roughly 5 or more replies) from now. Hope to see you guys there! 

-Oikawa

Hitting the send button, he had no choice but to wait for his attendees.

Rusty gave a light sigh as he recieved a PM in his inbox. It was late at night and he was trying to sleep the day off but it seemed the world was out to get him. Instead of ignoring and trying to fall back asleep, he decided to check out the message and see who it was from. Odd. It was from Oikawa, but the message clearly stated a bunch of other names, some he knew and some he didnt. Still it seemed as if it was important and sure enough he decided to go for the heck. Rusty put on his equipment and headed towards the teleportation gate. He found Oikawa, alone with a weird grey object on the back of his neck. Strange, but Rusty still said hi.

Kotori was surprised to find a message from a certain boy she had made acquaintances with on the first floor. Oikawa had helped her with kearning out to fight correctly and taught her most of what she know knew as combat. She was surprised, but still delighted to get a message from him, somebody she know regarded as a friend. Kotori scrolled through her menu and arrived on the message. Her initial happiness died down and she was confused as to what he meant by "announcement." It was peculiar and it seemed to be a message directed to more than one person than herself. Still, she found it in herself to leave the inn she was staying at and go meet up with Oikawa.

It wasn't that far at all, the inn was in floor one. Looking around, she couldn't see Oikawa at all in the dim light of the night but she was able to point a fogure out in the darkness. It seemed to be him. She ran towards him smiling. "Hey Oikawa!"

As a notification pinged up Teayre quickly looked at it reading through it. Oikawa had sent several people a message about wanting to make an announcement, this was odd for him. Scratching her head she started walking from the Starlight Café to the teleportation gate her fingers drumming along the hilt of her blade.

â€œI wonder what he could want Beleram, well there’s only one way to find out isn’t there.â€

As she arrived she noticed that Rusty and Kotori were already there, waving at Kotori she gave the girl a hug and nodding at Rusty. Teayre looked at Oikawa eyeing him up and down before punching him lightly on the shoulder.

“So have you finally found yourself a girl Kawi, or are you still holding out on wrestling Calrex from me?â€

"Seems like everyone's got important messages to make these days..."

As he arrived at the staircase leading to the teleportation gate in the Starting City Calrex gave a small sigh as he quickly swiped through his menu to switch out his Grand Chariot armor to his casual combat clothing as he shook the front part of his hair to get out of his face.

"If Oikawa's got an important announcement it has to be for a reason. The question is what reason..."

As he saw the familiar blonde he gave a wave as he walked over, seeing three other people there as well, "Hey Oikawa, I got your message. Oh, and hey you two, long time no see."

As he saw Teayre a smile came across his face as he went over and gave her a tight embrace, "Hey, I've missed you too Teayre."

I stood on the rooftops as I recived a message from my fellow councilman. I read it over once and simply just kept thinking "wow did he seriously send this to Kiru? What a douche." So obviously I had to send a reply but I looked off the rooftop and saw him standing there by the teleportation gate. Instead of messaging him I ran across a tight rope that led down to the teleportation gate below with perfect balance.

"Hey you pysco-kawa! I know it had to be your other half that sent that message to Kiru. You can't be saying or typing that name like it holds no weight..." I told Oikawa as I jumped down from the rope and stood next to kotori calrex and teayre.

"Hey kotori nice to see you here. (Begins fiddling through menu)... Aaaand done. I've got someone bringing us something in a little bit. Anyways I was wondering why it's not sunset but then I realized all the beauty was in you. Hahaha!" I joked to kotori as I walked a bit closer to her.

The sounds of footsteps caused the boy too look up. Seeing Rusty, a fellow guildmate, approaching they both exchanged hellos and waited for the others. He placed King on the bench next to him and stood up as Kotori and a few others began to gather around. Stepping towards the girl he smiled and replied with a hello of his own. Feeling a soft thud, he turned to see Teayre. "I have my eye on someone and for the last time Calwa or Oikalex ain't happening. Or whatever me and Calrex get shipped as these days haha." Speaking of the devil, Calrex appeared briefly after Teayre. Returning his hello, Oikawa felt as if something was approaching him and fast. He pivoted just in time to watch, fellow councilman and guildmate, X, enter the scene.

"Whatever qualms you have with Kiru do not reflect upon the relationship I have with her and Keith. Whatever conspired between you and her, is y'alls business." As X dropped another pick up line, Oikawa turned to address the group.

"Well as stated in my message, I have an announcement to make." Taking a deep breath, he locked eyes with all that were attending. Lingering with some more than others and cleared his throat.

"I'm...er.."

Rusty listened on avidly as four other people joined the group. Most likely there was going to be more because usually in these types of events, more and more join until it can be considered a party. He didn't altogether, he just didn't like speaking with others at all. In the end, all that mattered was that Oikawa explained why they were at the teleportation gate at midnight. Rusty was curious as to what the answer was, but for some reason the boy couldn't say his words. Maybe he's nervous, Rusty thought. It must be something big if he's choking up already.

Kotori grew delighted when she saw Teayre approaching the group. It was to be expected as the message did say that it was to Teayre and Calrex, but still it was still nice to see her so quickly. They embraced for a few moments before returning to the matter at hand. It seemed trouble was stirring when X joined up the group, a boy that she did not enjoy the company of.

X started to become angry with Oikawa for some reason, and said something that Kotori found very strange. Of course, this was X she was thinking about and he could just be spouting random nonsense simply becaude he felt so. "P-Psycho Oikawa? Other half? What are you talking about, Oikawa is Oikawa." she responded back, confused as to what he meant by that. She had no time to recieve an answer however, the guy in question was about to soeak up. He started off fine, but then cut off his words mid-sentence. Kotori thought that maybe he was traumatized or the topic was hard to talk about. Umm.. Oikawa.. Is everything ok?" she asked, concerned for his welfare.

Leaning down to whisper into Kotori's ear Teayre mutters, â€œWhat ever happened between them I’m sure is sorted now frankly X is just a complete idiot and needs to sort himself out.†Sighing Teayre hears Calrex squeeling tightly at his tight embrace she takes his hand giving it a slight squeeze. “H-Hey Callie.†Resting her head against his shoulder she quickly brings it back up looking around her eyes wide, her mouth forming an ‘O’.  “So Kawi who is it that you’ve got your eye on? I mean it’s about time isn’t it, how long has it taken you?â€

"Hey, even with all of the training outings I go on with him Oikawa's thoughts are his own. In regards to this...I don't think he's shared them with me at least."

He gave a smile as he wrapped his hand around Teayre's, whispering to her, "And silly we haven't told anyone yet right? We should probably save it for after Oikawa's announcement."

As he saw X arrive he gave a nod as he turned to face Oikawa, "Seems like it's important to you, take your time. We're all listening."

"Did he hint at something? Even within the underground of the Black Iron Palace he didn't seem like there was anything weighing down on him. I wonder what his announcement is going to be..."

"Kieth is dead! You A-hole! Kiru's borederline suicide... Like more than she usually is... You better apologize to her right now!" I shouted at oikawa before noticing kotori become a bit shaken up.

Ugh pyscho-kawa literally the worst... Pretty dumb though so I wouldn't expect anyone to die however I can't take that chance, in this case. Kotori then started asking about Oikawa and stuff so of course I knew the answers. Who cared weather or not Oikawa is about to announce this after all I'm the performer here I'm used to being the center of attention. Also because Oikawa wont spit it out.

"Hey kotori don't worry... You see Oikawa here has a side he doesn't tell people and hates when I do for him. However I don't care because it out weighs the needs and safety of others. You see Oikawa has a side that loves murdering people and talks of gutting and cutting off limbs... Now the reason you shouldn't worry is because I'm here so no matter what your dying after I do, and I don't die. After all he couldn't kill me the first time... Could you Oikawa?" I kindly said as I gently placed my hands on the girls arms just above her elbows to comfort her, then looking back at Oikawa to ask him the question.

Everyone seemed concerned for his well being and wondered what he was holding back. All of them except X. Oikawa didn't ignore the others, but he focused on X's and Kotori's comments; as they called for a reply before he gave his message. As X finished, Oikawa hung his head in shame and in sadness. So the rumors are true. Keith really is dead? But now is not the time for this. Shaking his head, he then, with whatever confidence he manged to gain, looked the brunette in the eyes and spoke. "What X said is true. There was another side of me that wanted to kill for the thrill. He enjoyed dismembering people and being a sarcastic narcissistic bastard and he whole-heartedly attempted to kill X for obvious reasons. What X here neglected to mention however..." He paused. Confidence growing inside him, " ...is that, that part of me is now under complete control and I no longer wish to commit any of those treacherous crimes."

Swiping the air and bringing up a menu, he selected a sword and it materialized before them. "I gained control of that part of me when I fought Ariel while she wielded this blade." Placing the item back in his inventory, he continued. "You're also safe regardless, simply because I'm no where near hostile anymore, and like X said; you have him and the others as bodyguards."

"Now that that is out of the way. On to my announcement." Taking a deep breath he began. "My announcement comes in two parts. Part one. I'm..no..I've become smitten with a certain someone among us. Though we've only just met, and I'm quite unsure where this will go, most likely no where, That person is Kotori." He paused and let that first part sink in. He knew he had probably confirmed some of their thoughts regarding his announcement. But the second part was sure to raise even more questions.

"If you guys would please bare with me until after I make my second announcement, that would be great." Once the chatter settled down, he continued. "The second part is..um a little harder to just say... but I think it's time I leave Square One..."

Here comes the hard part...Oikawa thought to himself. "Now for questions and/or comments."

Knocking X’s hands away from Kotori Teayre glares at him her hand going to her Katana, “We’ve been through this before X, she doesn’t like you. So. Don’t. Touch. Her.â€

Her head turned to Oikawa as he began his announcement listening carefully she chuckles, “So what about Callie? Are you leaving him high and dry Kawi that’s hardly fair is it after all the time you two spend in dungeons together.â€

Placing a hand on Kotori’s shoulder Teayre smiles down at the girl, “Honestly he’s a great guy but if you want details come visit my shop and we can talk boys… At least we can share gossip now rather than talking about on person in particular.â€

Calrex kept silent and calm as he listened to Oikawa speak. He heard X rambling on about something that he already knew about, since he was at the scene when it happened. Since he was of course trying to pull the moves on Kotori again, he already understood that Teayre was going to handle it.

With the first announcement Calrex's eyebrow raised for a second, "Well, I had no idea of that developing. He told me before about a couple of the other people he's had interest before, but never a full out confession Although..."

Calrex gave a quick look around the area, "...would that be something to do in private, and not in front of the rest of us?"

With the second announcement he gave a calming breath as he kept his hands in his jacket pockets, "I wonder what happened to cause him to make that decision. I mean, Azide has been kind of MIA for quite some time now, along with Xanatos, but usually that's not enough of a reason to justify it. In any case, he has his reasons..."

He walked over to Oikawa, giving him a pat on the shoulder, "Hey, I'm sure you have your reasons for it, so I'm not gonna question it. But if you need a hand feel free to let me know. That's pretty much all I have to say."

With that he returned back over to Teayre's side.

Kotori listened with an open ear as Oikawa described this hidden side of him, a murdererous psychopath who killed simply because it was fun and enjoyable. Something just didn't make sense to her. It couldn't be a side to him that people just rarely saw, it may have been second personality that was just ignored. Still, she wasn't the least bit afraid of him. If Oikawa was going to attempt to take her life, he would've done it when the two of them were alone out on the field. "Its ok, you have it under control now. If you didn't have it under control, I would be dead now." She protested with a smile. Anyway, Kotori decided to listen on as Oikawa decided to say the first part of his announcement, anxious to know what it was.

As soon as the boy in front of Kotori mentioned her name after saying a few sentences before that, her face met the face. She couldn't believe what he said, the fact that Oikawa was in love with her. It was a surprise, she wasn't expecting to hear that come out of his mouth. Her face was crimson, almost blood red but she wasn't thinking about her surrounding. The only thing she was focusing on the ground. Kotori couldn't recall anyone saying that in her entire life, not even her dad. She tried making a response, but it was like her voice had disappeared. The only movements she were making was her subtle breathing and frost aparrating from her mouth.

After a few minutes, Kotori was able to calm herself slightly down. She noticed that Teayre seemed to guarding her as she stood silently. There was no use in continuing to be in shock. Finally she was able to spout a sentence to the boy. "U-Umm... I d-didn't expect y-you to say that, but I-I um.. uh.. kinda like y-you too." she mumbled, in a voice so low that it was very difficult to make out what she was saying, but anyone in close to her could still make it out.

"Ok hold up hold up." I said cutting into everyone's acceptance of the situation.

I walked over closer to Oikawa and whistled as Maruchan climbed up to my shoulder. I looked around the night is seriously upon us and its dark as hell besides the streetlights. But still the town was busy with people most knowing who I am and what I do performing wise.

"I'm not even going to begin talking about the fact you all just accepted that oikawas murderous tendencies. Is controlled by a sword in a videogame controlled by our psyche, not the other way around, but whatever il accept it i don't care anymore (message sound goes off) oh hang on I gotta take this....(begins reading then typing a resoonse message) ok so, But there's still a problem! I still have a score to settle with pyscho-kawa so you better take that damn sword and walk out with me to that forest past the hunting fields." I said to Oikawa as I pointed down the street clear cut to the safezone gate.

Oikawa sat there and observed his friends, Kotori in particular. Her face flushed a bright crimson as the words he spoke earlier hit home. He could see that she was saying something, but the words were inaudible to him. Teayre mentioned his supposed bromance with Calrex. Tearing his attention away from the girl he just professed his heart to, he turned to Teayre and grinned.  "Calrex will always be my brother in arms. We're like family haha. Where this notion of a bromance started is beyond me. Actually scratch that. I'm willing to bet Col that X played a hand in that rumor." 

It seemed mentioning him initiated something as the player in question approached Oikawa and spoke his concerns regarding Oikawa's alternate persona being completely contained now. "Whether you believe it or not is up to you. I can only relay the information and hope you understand." Taking a deep breath, Oikawa stepped to X and looked him in the eyes. "What you're asking for is not something I wish to do. However, given the circumstances I will grant you your request. But not tonight. Another time. I'm sure I bothered most of you and took time out of your night. X, message me and we can schedule a time for this bout."

The blonde then looked towards the remaining people who attended. "I thank all of you for attending. It was something I wish more of the guild had shown up for regarding the second part. And oddly I felt I needed to show everyone that I care for Kotori as more than just a friend." He then stepped towards her and smiled before grasping her hand and giving it a light squeeze. Letting go, he addressed the group for a final time. "That is all I wanted to inform you guys of. If you have questions or concerns Pm me or visit me at my shop. I bid you guys a goodnight." 

Feeling a little tired himself. Oikawa plopped himself on the bench next to King and thought to himself as he waited for the plaza to clear out before heading home. A light hand squeeze Oikawa? Really ? That's the best you could do to show the girl you just said you loved, how you feel? Sigh. It could've been worse I suppose...

-GM Mari here-

Hi guys, I cannot help but notice that Oikawa is mentioning a second personality sort of psyche - which isn't really allowed in SAO, not only that but he seems to be stating that it is sealed away in a sword. This is extremely uncanon and errs more on the side of mythical magic than reality. You cannot take something that is 'possessing you' and placing it in a sword. If it is the case of Oikawa being murderous the fact stil stands that you cannot seal a part of your personality away in a word. Remember that this RP is based on the world of SAO. Such things do not occur in that world.  If this has been made reference to elsewhere please remove it or consider it non -canon. I am sorry this was not picked up on sooner. Please edit references of this out of the post/RP else this will be moved to fan fiction. If you have any concerns regarding this please do not hesitate to PM me.-

Rusty stood quietly as the blonde-haired boy finally stated his announcement about the person who he was smitten with, a girl who seemed to be around the same age as him and was currently blushing a bright, bright red. It wasn't expected, although Rusty's stature didn't change at all. It was a simple event and there was nothing to it. Sure enough, X seemed to be in love with this "Kotori" from what he was hearing by Teayre's mouth. In his typical brutish way, X decided to start yup a fight with Oikawa, trying to hide behind a façade of never finishing the first actual duel. Still, the next announcement was very surprising to hear, Oikawa was planning to leave Square One. The guild itself had wasted away over the last few months, he hadn't heard anything at all from the guild leader which the guild itself must have meant his death although he was still on the guild list.  Maybe it was time to let it finally die after all this time, it was no use beating a dead horse. Rusty decided to leave this meeting, saying goodbye to Oikawa and Calrex then going on his merry way. He had a lot to think about during these next few days.