PP - F2 A Surprise in Waiting (Meokka) (Completed)

Calrex gave a sigh as he walked around the settlement of Urbus on the second floor. It has been quite some time since he visited the medieval-like city as he wandered around in his casual combat clothing. He gave a small sigh as he looked towards the range where he and Teayre had gone on her <<Feeding the Enemy>> quest and obtained Beleram.

"Beleram...I hope Teayre is doing alright. It's been only a short while since we lost him in the Avalanche battle. He was just a computerized creation...but with the time spent with him he was a good friend..."

He shook his head as he cleared his mind, looking around, "Let's see...what is it I came here for?"

"Nothing in particular from what I remember. Maybe I was planning to see if the materials around here had respawned or something."

He scratched the back of his head, "No...that wasn't it...I feel like there's something really important that I have to do..."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

Meokka walked around the city, marveling at the majestic buildings. She remembered seeing illustrations of Camelot and towns in the lord of the rings series, and how they looked compared to this. It was quint to say the least. She kept walking with her lance at her back. She was wearing her new armor and gave it a go. She was very pleased with it. Eventually she remembered she was going to meet with someone. She quickly checked the guild list and looked for Calrex.

"Located on floor two, not resting." 

She looked around turning this way and that way. She didn't see him at first and started to run through the crowds looking for him. Her eyes darted from one name to another until she saw it off in the distance.

"There he is.....Mr. Calrex! Sir! Excuse me sir!" she hurried over to him. "M'lord please wait a moment." She cried after him.

"Hm?"

"Mr. Calrex! Sir!...M'lord please wait a moment."

"Who's referring to me like I'm some kind of noble?"

As he turned he looked to recognize a person he had only seen once before. The last time he did was at the gathering Ariel had organized, forming the guild he was now a part of, Absolute Pin.

"From what I remember she was the one that decided to take a pawn piece...let's see, was it Mio, Malo...oh..."

"Meokka? Hey it's been a while."

He stopped his walking as he let his fellow guildmate catch up, turning to face her, "Oh and you can drop the formalities if it's uncomfortable, really. I'm not one for setting up any type of hierarchy stuff between players."

Calrex put a hand behind his head, ruffling the hair on the back as he put his other hand in his jacket pocket, "In any case what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

Guest Meokka

She slowed to a stop when she got in front of him. She saluted but quickly moved her hands behind her back when he told her wasn't one for formalities. She cleared he throat.

"Right sorry about that m'l- er - Calrex. I was wondering if you'd help me find some gem ore. Preferably something that would like like an emerald." she rocked on her heels. "I always tend to find blue gem ore, and have trouble finding green. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I'm not sure." she explained. "I'm a little bit in a hurry as today is almost over. I'm not sure I'll be able to get the delivery on time."

"Um, sure I could help you with that. I think there's a cave just outside of the gates that spawn emerald-like ore, or at least the closest thing I could think of to an emerald within this game."

Calrex gave a nod and friendly smile as he pointed in the direction of the gate they should head out of, "You said you're in a hurry to get a delivery done? I've never heard of a delivery profession or quest before. What is it for?"

As he spoke he began to equip the items he always wore in combat. First the full-body armor of the Grand Chariot switched out for his casual clothing, his entire body including his head becoming encapsulated in the deep-sea blue plates. Second came the Grand Gauntlets, which encircled his forearms. Finally was the Grand Blade, which attached horizontally across the back of his hip, the handle pointing towards his right arm.

"It should be too far, and with some luck we should be able to find a decent amount of them."

Guest Meokka

"Oh it's not for a quest or anything. I-"

Seeing the sea of blue she quickly looked away. She felt a bit embarrassed that he just switched clothes/armor like that. What was she talking about? She had to think about what he just asked. After a moment she remembered.

"That's right sorry." she had a bit of a brain fart. "It's for Teayre actually. Her birthday is today. May 15th. She told me when we went mob killing. She also told me she didn't celebrate it either, and some other things, but she made the mistake of giving me a date. So. I have to get some emeralds because that's the birthstone of May. Well, I need to get something close to it. Sadly I can't craft anything yet or I'd make her something with it. I'm not sure I could get someone to forge anything out of it on such short notice either." Meokka sighed. "The more the better I think. I sure hope we can get a lot. I think the more the better. I remember she told me she wanted to be an artisan awhile back. Who knows, maybe she can use them." She smiled pleased with the idea. 

Calrex looked over for a second as he saw his guildmate turn away for a second, confused at the reaction, but he let the thought slip from his mind when he remembered that changing equipment, while the player's avatar was completely covered by the flash of blue light during the transition, was still like changing clothes. He put a hand behind his head as  the thought made him realize that all technical things aside he did just change in front of an acquaintance.

"Ok...now I feel kind of awkward..."

As Meokka spoke about the reason she was seeking out the materials Calrex gave a nod, responding with a friendly tone.

"Heh wanted to be she is an artisaaaa...what was that about her birthday being today?!"

As Calrex heard Meokka speak about Teayre he was on his usual responses when his mind latched onto her words. Even behind his usual masked appearance he felt himself shocked and sweating for a second, "L-Let's get going then!"

He began to walk faster as he made sure Meokka was able to keep up.

"I-It's her birthday today?! She didn't ever tell me about her birthday...well I didn't tell her mine either. Shoot I haven't gotten her anything! Not a cake, or a candle, or anything!"

After covering some distance Calrex stopped at the mouth of a small cave entrance, looking back over at Meokka, "This is where the crystal you spoke about tend to spawn. I don't remember there being any monsters as of late inside, but it doesn't hurt to be careful. You all geared up?"

Guest Meokka

Woah he's like sonic the hedgehog. Jesus, it's like someone crack a whip. Why's he walking so fast.....Good thing I have long legs or I'd never keep up with this guy. Maybe he always walks this fast? How is he still speed walking?! She thought to herself. Why was he stuttering all of the sudden? Maybe he realized now how awkward it had gotten? She wasn't sure

She stretched her neck a bit. She was rather pleased they arrived to their destination. 

"I'm happy she became an artisan after all then. How'd you know already? She hasn't even told me yet. Do you think she likes cake? I don't know any cooks sadly. I think I'll just stick with this then for now. I can't think too big or I can top next year." She smile.

Would they still be in SAO? Would she be able to find Teayre outside of SAO? She gave a heavy sigh. She hoped she could top something so simple as this. Either way it was good. She could get her artisan materials that were her birth stone. Maybe she could make rings or something special out of them. Meokka looked forward to the idea.

"Wait...you didn't know?"

As Meokka asked why he knew Teayre had become an artisan he looked over, his helmet making his confused expression before he turned. His cheeks turned red as he led his guildmate into the cave, "Well, Teayre and I have been accompanying each each since we were both Level 1...and..."

He tilted his head down as a small smile came on his face as his cheeks' redness darkened, "We've been actually going out for almost as long."

"And I'm still blushing from that idea. Come on Calrex what is wrong with you?"

He gave a calming breath before he began looking around, "Looks like the entrance is clear of enemies, but unfortunately materials too. We'll probably need to head further in before we reach the deposit."

His <<Reveal>> skill activated as he began to scan around, his skill allowing him to see through the areas that would normally provide cover for enemies.

"In any case while we're walking we should have some time to kill on the way. How're you holding up with SAO and everything so far?"

Guest Meokka

Wait....Back with eagles. Could it be she was talking about Calrex? She wanted someone to ask her something. It seemed sort of romantic. They've been going out just as long. I wonder if they knew each other in real life then. No. She said her real life was hard. They started dating in SAO. So. They could be continents away in the real world. Maybe. Her heart went out to the star crossed lovers. 

"That's great. I hope you can keep making her happy then. Sometimes she shows me her gloomy side, but I unwillingly and unknowingly seem to find it. Keep making her smile. I really like it when she does." Meokka stayed close to Calrex. She noticed his eyes seemed to have a slight glow. Almost like a circle as if reading something. "Hm? What skill is that?" she asked curiously. "I don't think I've sen it before, it's not night vision."

"Hm? Me? Well, Eventually I'll need to gather some ore for myself. I've about had it with this weapon to be honest." it was still a basic weapon. "I want to craft my own you know. A lot of people wear light armor, I was getting concerned it'd be pointless to be a blacksmith. You give me a bit of hope though." she knocked on his armor. "I've also been doing a lot of research of a mob for a familiar. I think it might be in a secret location though. I have to do a lot of digging to get more info."

As Meokka talked to him about Teayre Calrex felt the smile he had previously stick to his face, "Well, I'm making sure I try my best too, but I'm glad that she has someone that she can confide in as well. I want to try and keep her smiling all the time, but I appreciate that she is honest enough to not hide things. And...well...I'm glad she said yes...to me at least..."

"Okay this is weird. I guess since Meokka knows Teayre it feels like that common acquaintance makes me feel more comfortable..."

As she asked about his skill Calrex nodded, "Well, Night Vision is actually a prerequisite for this skill. It's called Reveal, and combined with Night Vision they kind of serve to prevent you from getting ambushed. Night Vision removes the problem of seeing in the dark, while Reveal removes the problem of enemies hiding behind cover. So far it seems like I'm the only player that decided to take it, but it's helpful nonetheless."

As she began talking about her plans for her profession Calrex gave a nod, "Blacksmithing definitely seems to be the most popular job as of late. One of my good friends, a player named Oikawa, actually runs one of the most popular ones so far on the first floor, called the Grand Forge. If you ever need some tips he's a very helpful person. He actually helped get me and Teayre on our feet when we first started." 

Calrex looked around the area as the cave began to get slightly skinnier as it turned into a tunnel leading further downwards into the mountainside. As he did he kept his eyes peeled for any potential hiding places where enemies could hide.

"As for the familiar if you ever need a hand feel free to to let me know. I don't know much about the quest myself, since the only time I've ever done it was to help Teayre out, but what knowledge I do have I can pass on to you."

Guest Meokka

She nodded.

"Say yes to what exactly?" Meokka asked tilting her head.

She bumped shoulders with him and saw how narrow the place got. She listened about the skill. Why wouldn't a person take something like that?! That seemed infinatly useful considering PK rumors.

"I'll watch our back."

She turned around in the hall and walked backwards.This person was a lot closer to Teayre then she expected, so trusting him was a bit more natural than usual. Some of the stones illuminated the cave, and the glowing fungi helped as well. Though being able to see through walls sounded even more useful. 

"It sounds like a really useful skill. I might take it. You never know when it'll come in handle." she was pleased.

She listened about the blacksmithing.

"One would wonder if it's too popular. I was looking forward to it so much, and it's beginning to have a lack luster appeal to it if it's not in demand." she kept walking and thinking about it. "Maybe I just need a rival. Someone equally as interested in it as I am. Yet slightly competitive about it. That'd be nice." she smiled at the idea.

She almost lost balance as they started to go downwards but she caught herself on a wall.

"I'm turning around so I can see we're I'm walking now, I'll look over my shoulder often sir.....Er.....Calrex." she wasn't use to that at all. Then again she still wasn't use to calling Teayre anything other than ma'am still.

She let him chat about the familiar.

"I didn't have the funds for the food back then. Though now I might be able to afford it. If you're not too busy later we can try for that quest if you'd like. With an extra pair of eyes that can see through walls I'm sure we can catch that rabbit in no time at all s- Calrex." 

Calrex Calrex Calrex! Just say his name over and over and you won't say SIR!

"Heh, well if you're willing to have me along I'd be glad to lend a hand."

As the two exited the end of the tunnel the area seemed to become more illuminated than before. In the tunnel there was just the glowing mushrooms, but as they exited out the entire area was filled with a faint green glow, "Looks like we're in the area where the ores spawn. Now we've just got to find some suitable sized pieces to use as materials."

ID: 16076

Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2) = 9

As Calrex bent down and began searching the spot he was currently looking at seemed to not have any pieces of a decent size to use as a material, "Nothing so far..."

He got to his feet as he turned around, responding to the rest of Meokka's questions and statements, "Night Vision I would definitely recommend, especially if you decide to go to some of the upper floors, especially the tenth floor. The entire area is much dimmer than the other nine, and without the skill your attacks have a lesser chance of connecting. Even the strongest players have a tough time it they can't land a hit."

"As for your questions...Teayre and I are...engaged..."

His face flushed as it felt like the entirety of the Grand Chariot armor would become hot before he gave a calming breath, "Ahem...as for earlier if you feel more comfortable with using formal speech I'm perfectly fine with it. It's just that I don't treat my fellow teammates as subordinates. And...sorry about earlier. I guess I'm a bit too accustomed to changing outfits since the effect hides the character's avatar. I'll need to be careful about that."

With that he gave a quick bow of apology before moving to another spot, "In any case are you having any luck on your end?"

Guest Meokka

She looked around at the now high ceilings.. The walls had a faint shimmer to them. It was like being under the stars, if said stairs also managed to light up a room. She then looked down and walked over curiously. Hearing it didn't go over well she shrugged it off.

"Sure, the more the better."

He then went to talk about Teayre. At first his hesitation worried her, and her shoulders started to go up. Until he said engaged. Though this went through a filter in her mind in the following order.

Engaged in a guild together, engaged via social media lol SAO is just like facebook, engaged in educational studies, engaged in some work related zone, engaged in combat, and finally when it all made sense, engaged to be married.

Her eyes lit up and she smiled. To find happiness in what most people called a death game. Take that Kayaba.

"That's amazing. Congratulations." she beamed. 

She went to a wall and looked around.

You don't have to apologize sir. I should get use to calling you by name if you'd rather. Maybe when we're on down time I can do it. Sorry for the hassle too. We'll never speak of it again sir." she meant about the armor changing and she motioned zipping her lips about the matter.

"Sir, can you find any hidden walls maybe?"

She looked around the wall she was by.

16078  LD 7

"I don't see anything over here actually. Is there a winding way to get further down maybe?"

ID: 16077

Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2) = 5

"No no it's alright. It's no hassle don't worry too much about it."

As Calrex searched another spot he had less luck than he did in the other pile. While there were some hints of glowing green within, they were only flecks, not at all suitable for usage as materials, "No luck in here either. We might need to head a little further down. This spot might have already been picked clean by other players at this time of the day. We should be able to find more further inside."

As Meokka inquired about any hidden walls he let his eyes scan around. However, no hidden crags and crevasses came into his view, "No, nothing that I can see. Those are usually more common from what I know inside dungeons, where the layout allows that type of thing to happen. In caves like there it's more likely for you to find outcrops and ledges that might have certain things just out of view."

As he got to his feet he looked around, seeing the opening leading to the next part of the cavern, "If we don't find anything in this part of the cavern then the next area has the possibility of spawning some enemies, so be on your guard."

Guest Meokka

She took out her lance when he said that.

"I'm sure we can get an advantage with your eyes sir. Just let me know how many there are." 

She went to the furthest part of the room. Though She still kept her eyes pealed for any glowing green specks that would grab her interest. 16079 LD6 "You're right about this place being picked clean. I don't see anything even by the exit. We came too late." she sighed. "Maybe the monsters are better stocked up with materials" she followed after him. "I don't think I've been in this part of the cave before. What shows up in here anyway?"

"Well don't lose hope just yet. I've looked for materials many times before and I still haven't gotten a grasp of the mechanics behind the material spawning times. It might be since this is a common area for this particular material to appear they changed the timing so that players don't decide to just hang around and farm here."

As Calrex watched Meokka draw her spear he gave a nod as he got to his feet, beginning to make his way to the next area, "I haven't seen all of the monsters in here, but from what I know the ones that tend to hang out in this cave actually feed on the materials that grow within. So most likely they might also be giving off..."

OOC: Implementing the Danger Level. Rolls of 1 on the LD will result in a +1 to the Danger level, with an encounter occurring when its maxed.

ID: 16080

Loot Dice: 1 (Danger Level +1)

As Calrex entered the next room his eyes fell upon what appeared to be a string of glowing green lights, but as he kept his eyes on it the lights moved out of sight, as if they were attached to something, "Well, looks like we may already have company waiting for us. We should be find for now, but keep your weapon at the ready."

As he finished speaking Calrex's left hand clenched into a fist as he readied himself for use his <<Martial Arts>> skill if needed as they proceeded further inside.

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

Meokka: 0/3

Guest Meokka

LD 20

She nodded listening.

"So I wonder what the algorithm would be. Even if it's changed due to farming, there has to be some sort of pattern to collect the material any way right?" She wasn't sure. "Maybe not." She just kept walking. "Sir, I know I called you into this, but what should our goal for salvaging be? I never know when-" she paused suddenly and moved ahead. "Hang on a second sir." She looked around and saw it was safe. She knelt down and dug at the ground. "I think I saw something just now." she kept digging and sure enough she found a an emerald like gem. "Sir, I think we'll do better in this area. See." She held the item up for him to examine. 

ID: 16082

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2) = 18

As Meokka walked over to show him the ore she had found Calrex turned and quickly inspected it, "Yeah, that looks exactly like what were looking for. Nice work, let's see if we can find any more without drawing any further attention to ourselves..."

As Calrex knelt back down he looked and saw another similar gem that Meokka had just found just below. He quickly moved some of the dirt out of the way as he picked it up, "Looks like I found another one. We're definitely having better luck in here."

He quickly swiped through his menu, adding it to his inventory before he gave a quick look around the area, making sure no other monsters were attracted to their location, "Alright still all clear for now. Usually when I go out on trips like these I try to get as much as I can without overexposing myself to the creatures. Technically we could be out here all night searching for gems if we wanted to, but with the night more powerful creatures spawn. I try to balance my time, the chances of encountering monsters, and the desired amount of materials."

He pushed over another patch of dirt as he continued looking, "Do you have an idea how many of these gems you want to get for both Teayre's gift and yourself? We can use that as a base amount we should aim for."

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

Meokka: 0/3

Guest Meokka

"Ha, if I could I'd get her twenty of these lovely things. Just to see her reaction. I wouldn't mind five or ten. I can get more for myself another time maybe. Is twenty too much? I have a problem when it comes to limits really. Lets see how many quests have I been on with her. I think just two. I don't want to give her just two though." she tried to think of a number that represented them."She was born on the fifteenth so she'll get fifteen of them. That should be enough right? I can worry about getting myself some later. Want to make a race out of it sir?" she was getting use to this Calrex.

LD15 (yes!)

She knelt down procuring another emerald material. "I've got two already Calrex, how about you?" now that it was a competition, first name basis became far more easier on Meokka.