PP - F2 A Surprise in Waiting (Meokka) (Completed)

ID: 16235

Loot Dice: 10 (Search and Detect +2) = 12

As Meokka gave him and approving salute and bow Calrex gave a nod as he smiled, "You're very welcome Meokka, and of course your approval matters, we're friends right? I'm glad you have that kind of faith in me. As for Teayre, don't worry about being friends with her for only a short period of time. She has a fairly eccentric personality, but one of her most endearing traits is that she's honest with her feelings to a fault. If she's considers you a good friend she won't worry about filters or any formalities and will always treat you as if the two of you have been friends for years. Or...at least that's how I feel around her."

He gave a smile as he thought about his fiancee again, "I guess that's part of the reason I fell for her in the first place, since we became a couple literally within days of meeting each other. I hope that we can continue to have this attraction way past us all escaping this game, well, of course if we do right?"

He kept his voice light on the last part as he kept looking around, "Hm...not this one. No luck on my end at the moment..."

Total: 8/15 (Calrex 5 / Meokka 3)

Danger Level:

Calrex: 1/3

Meokka: 1/3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

16237 LD 17

She nodded and seemed to enjoy his company.

"I think we became friends because she has a spunky additude. She was also pretty friendly with me. I didn't get that normally. So I was very grateful." she explained.

Meokka kept looking for more gems but saw something else. "Hold on I think I found something that doesn't belong." she dug around the area unearthing a hidden chest. She was rather surprised by it being there. "Calrex, what do we do with this? I believe I found a chest." She explained.

ID: 16271

Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2) = 7 (Partial Success)

"A chest? Hm...well that's certainly something I wasn't expecting. Here let me take a look."

"The last time I opened a chest was with Rook back when we were exploring the desert, and that thing was trapped. I'd best exercise the same caution here..."

As he had Meokka take a few steps back he slowly checked around the chest before beginning to open it. As he did he felt tension in the back of it as he slowly reached his hand in, feeling another spring trap primed to explode. With a quick flick of his wrist that trap was disabled, "Alright are we good to..."

Before he could finish his sentence the top of the chest blew off, knocking him on his butt as some of the shrapnel flew and scratched him, "Darn, there was a secondary trap again. Sorry Meokka..."

He moved some of the smoke out of the way and inspected the remains, finding some col and another gem, "Well, at least we found another one. Let's keep looking."

Loot List

40 col

1 Material

Total: 10/15 (Calrex 6 / Meokka 4)

Danger Level:

Guest Meokka

16288 16 (Woot)

"Calrex!" she ran over to him and got on her knees next to him. 

She brushed him off hurriedly and looked at him.

"BAKA! If it was going to be dangerous just leave it be you know! Teayre wouldn't forgive me if something happened to you. I wouldn't forgive myself either. Are you okay?" she finally asked. Her rudeness was more concern than anything else. "We're going to stay right here until your HP recovers got it." She sat next to him and looked around. "Hey look. You might have found a good place to find gems anyway.....But....Seriously. You are okay right?"

Total: 10/15 (Calrex 5 / Meokka 4) + 1 from treasure chest duel effort 

Danger Level:

ID: 16289

Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +1) = 11

Calrex looked in surprise for a second as he saw Meokka rush over in worry, beginning to yell in worry at him. While his helmet didn't betray any expression he gave a small laugh at his guildmate's reaction, "I'm perfectly fine. In fact I'm already healed up just fine. Something like that doesn't even rattle me now. Heh, besides if I couldn't take a hit from something as small as that Ariel wouldn't have given me the Rook Piece right?"

As he continued looking around he was unfortunately able to find any gems at the moment as he dusted his hands off, "I appreciate the concern though."

"That reaction just now reminded me of all the times Teayre has come running to my aid over something really small like that. It's an endearing trait. I hope neither of them ever lose that quality."

Total: 11/15 (Calrex 6 / Meokka 5)

Danger Level:

Guest Meokka

16291 LD 18

She dusted Calrex off anyway, and helped him to his feet. She nodded realizing his fortitude must be pretty high to take hits like that. As well as his armor. He really did deserve that rock piece.

"So long as you're all right. I didn't know chests could that. It's my first time seeing one like that." (I knew but she didn't) she looked over to him then noticed something on the wall. She walked over to it and pulled a piece of green out of the wall carefully. She cleaned it off and looked it over. A perfect gem, like the ones they were collecting. "I believe I've caught up with you Cal." She smiled hoping he'd make the game interesting!

Total: 12/15 (Calrex 6 / Meokka 6)

Danger Level:

ID: 16292

Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2) = 6

"Heh, there's many surprises within SAO. I've trained a couple of new players in the past, before getting this gear in fact. I've warned every one of them that they need to be prepared for pretty much anything. One subtle thing that I know many of them were not away of was the fact that the weight of a weapon is actually replicated. You're probably familiar with it, but there is a weight to your spear, so you can't go swinging it willy-nilly. Trapped chests are actually fairly common now in games involving dungeon crawling."

As he pushed some more gravel aside there were no gems to be found. As he heard Meokka had gotten another one he gave a nod of approval, "Nice work!"

"Wait...hold on a second here...did she just call me by my nickname? I wonder where she heard it from..."

Danger Level:

Guest Meokka

16295 LD 11

"You train new players? That's very nice of you, and you say you're not cut to be a leader. You're just proving yourself wrong at every turn there sir. You seem cut from the leader cloth." she complimented. "Should we go to another room to look around Cal-sama." She decided on that for Cal-kun, she didn't realize he was younger than herself. "What other wild adventures have you been on Cal-sama?" she was getting use to that. She seemed to enjoy calling him that now.

ID: 16298

Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2) = 10

"Cal...sama?..."

As Calrex heard Meokka's new honorific for his name he felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head out of awkwardness, "H-Hey don't go thinking that just yet...heh. If anything I've just got some threads of it, but really I'm more of a soldier than a leader. Rather than sending someone else to do something I prefer to do it myself. It's just that it seems like some of the new players get forgotten by the higher level fighters, and I figured it would be better to build up where we are weak than strengthen where we are already strong. If possible I'd prefer to have everyone left in SAO to make it out safely."

As he got to his feet he nodded at Meokka's suggestion of moving further in, following as he made sure there were no enemies possibly stalking them. Figuring that having her call him by a nickname was still better than a position he figured to just leave her be and not correct her for now, as embarrassing as the honorific was. 

"I've been on a lot of quests since I first started in this game, more than I can probably remember right now. Once we're done here and get these delivered to Teayre let's go ahead and go grab a drink or something. That way we can talk about this in a more relaxed situation compared to now. I'll tell you this though, I've probably been on more than half of the quests currently discovered by the information brokers."

Danger Level:

Guest Meokka

16305 LD17

She still thought he'd make an excellent leader. Caring for others was a good trait for a leader to have.  He'd be more respected then feared. Though she wasn't sure how to tell him that outright. She supposed she could just be blunt about it, but it seemed he wasn't very eager to hear such things and she decided not to push for it. There was no point to it anyway.

"What kinds of places do you frequent Cal-sama?" she asked.

She wondered what type of drinks and food he preferred. She paused a moment and looked down to her right where something caught her eye. She knelt down and picked up another gem. She tossed it in the air so the dirt naturally fell off of it and then caught it. She looked it over and had to smile a bit at it. She then placed it in her pocket. 

Total: 13/15 (Calrex 6 / Meokka 7)

Danger Level:

ID: 16306

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +1) = 18

"Hm...places I frequent? I can't really say. With the material gathering I do I seem to tend to frequent the first and second floors, but because of Teayre's shop I've also begun to hang out on the fourth floor much more often. Other than that...well...I guess it's really wherever Teayre is recently. We spend a lot of time together, or at least as much as we can without shirking off our responsibilities."

"It's gonna be some time before I get used to that -sama honorific..."

As he saw Meokka find another gem he made note that she had taken the lead on the total, giving an affirming nod, about the same time that he saw another gem appear from the gravel he was digging through, picking it up and adding it to his inventory, "Alright, just one more to go and we should be all set."

Total: 14/15 (Calrex 7 / Meokka 7)

Danger Level:

Guest Meokka

16307 LD16 

"Ah, so you travel a lot. I've never been to the fourth floor. That's the one you said that had snow? I've never seen snow in the real world. I'd like to venture up there one day to see what it looks like. I wonder how close it is compared to snow in the real world. Have you seen actual snow? Does it compare in the same way?" She was pretty curious now.

She listened about how close they were to completion.

"Really only one more?" she looked around. She then spotted a small deposit and began to mine it for a piece. She pulled up a perfect gem. "I got it then!" She smiled happily.

Total: 15/15 (Calrex 7 / Meokka 8)

Danger Level:

"You're probably strong enough to venture there now. I would be wary about going above the sixth floor, but the fourth floor is a nice place to visit. I've seen snow in the real world before, but the graphics and hyper-realism of SAO turns it up to a new level. It's fairly breathtaking, but I could probably say the same of many places here in the game."

As he saw Meokka pull the last gem he gave an approving nod, "Nice work, that makes fifteen! That makes you the winner of this little competition. Congrats Meo!"

Calrex smiled underneath the concealment of his helmet as he gave a congratulatory clap, "So that takes care of the ones we were going to get for Teayre, so did you want to look around for some more, or do you think we should be getting out of here?"

Guest Meokka

She smiled rather pleased with the whole thing.

"Well I'll be becoming a blacksmith soon. I don't know how many materials you use per craft though. I feel a  bit unprepared for it all. Though I would really like some decent materials for when I start crafting.

She walked with him in the cave and looked around.

"Do you think this cave also has some decent ore deposits?" she asked him with high curiosity. 

"It's possible. I'm not assigned to any profession myself, but from what I know usually you use up about 1 material each time to try to craft something. Starting it since you'll likely take time with each time you try to craft, meaning you'll be only able to do so much in a day. As you get more experienced with it those attempts will take less time, meaning you can perform more crafts per day."

Since the two had gotten all of the gems for their gift Calrex figured that they should try and start looking for some materials that might be suitable for a blacksmith profession, "In any case let's try and look around and see what we can find. How many were you thinking of procuring?"

Danger Level:

Guest Meokka

"I'll leave that up to you Cal-sama. If you're hungry we can take a break for now. I really don't mind at all. I'm not even sure the time. I also wish to give these gems to Teayre. Can you take me to her shop after we eat instead please? I can't wait to see her face when she gets these! How about you Cal-sama. When is your birthday?" she had to ask now. At this rate she'd make a rather long list.

The idea of a break might be a much needed one. (Should we invite Teayre to this before we close it up? Maybe we can agree at the restaurant to go to floor 4 for ore gathering.

OOC; Yeah that sounds like a great idea! XD

IC:

"Well I'm not feeling hungry at all at the moment, but if you're looking for materials for when you're starting out let's see if we can get you at least two materials, since starting professions are only allowed I believe two crafts a day. But we can definitely stop by Teayre's shop on the fourth floor."

"Well, of course...I hope she does enjoy these. If she doesn't celebrate her birthday I hope she doesn't get offended by us giving her a present. I know that some people take offense to someone pulling someone like this..."

ID: 16310

Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2) = 4

As Calrex began looking around he wasn't able to see any ores in particular at the moment.

"Well if Teayre's birthday is today, my birthday will be...well...hopefully by the time my birthday comes along we would be out of this game. It's at the very end of November."

Total: 0/2

Danger Level:

Guest Meokka

"Sounds good." She looked around.

16313 LD15

Meokka looked around and found a ore vain. She went over to it and touched it. The vain turned blue and then shattered into several pieces which shocked her for a moment. She covered her face with her arms in an X position. She then looked after a moment of silence and saw an item laying at her feet. She picked it up and saw it was an ore used in smithing. She smiled.

"I got one. Did you find one over where you're at Cal-sama?" she inquired.

ID: 16323

Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2) = 18

As Calrex saw Meokka find a vein of useable ore he made note of its appearance as he began brushing the wall. Eventually as he scanned across them his hands fell on another vein of ore, watching as it quickly burst, leaving a useable piece in his head, "Yeah, actually I did. That one went a lot faster than I thought it would."

With that he turned, giving an approving nod, "Alright, well it looks like we're done here. Shall we get heading back towards Urbus?"

Total: 2/2 (Calrex 1 / Meokka 1)

Danger Level: 

Guest Meokka

She nodded. "Does the place we're going to get supper at have smoothies without milk?" she inquired. "Or are we going to give these to Teayre first? I'll let you decide that. If you want we can give her the materials together seeing as you were a big help." She didn't mind at all. She just wanted to make her friend, possibly best friend, smile. She kept following. "Which would you rather we do first Cal-sama?"