PP - F2 A Surprise in Waiting (Meokka) (Completed)

"Hm..."

As the two emerged from the cave Calrex looked up to check and see what the relative time of day they finished their task at, "...looks like we've got a little bit of time left before it becomes night. It'd probably be best if we catch up with Teayre and give these to her. We can think about things to do after that's done. If we're lucky maybe she could come along."

"It would be nice to spend at least some of her birthday with her, even she doesn't want to celebrate it."

WIth that he directed Meokka in the direction of Urbus, "I think we can probably send her a message to have her meet us somewhere and we can surprise her, but let's get into the settlement so we don't have to worry about getting ambushed."

Subject: Free to Meet?

Hey Teayre, did you have some free time to meet. I'm currently in Urbus on the second floor with Meokka doing some material gathering to help her out once she becomes a blacksmith. If not it's alright, but I would really like to see you.

Calrex

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meokka

"You can do that and leave me out of it then. That way it doesn't seem so odd and she won't know I'm coming " She emerged from the cave with him and shielded her eyes. The contrast of everything was very strange at first, but then it seemed to fix itself. She blinked getting use to the difference in light and textures. Yet it wasn't so bad because it was getting darker. She stayed close to Calrex feeling a little uneasy. She never traversed at this hour before and she was a bit bothered by it. He had night vision so in case things got harry he'd spot it in an instant. 

16336 MD10 a mob controlled by Calrex appears! (I was like 6 and lower they're fine and it was like NOPE BATTLE TIME! )

There was a loud rushing sound as a large boar appears. It may have spawned in because of players killing boars for cooking materials, tailor materials, or for leveling.

<<RAVENOUS BOAR>>

Meokka stared seeing the large thing bull rush them. She pointed at it warning Calrex who could have seen it just as easily. "Prepare for combat it's already in full pursuit!"

Hate:Turn:HP

------------------

H:  :Calrex:71/71 (I hope that's up to date)

H:  :Meokka 27/27 (Sorry my sig is out of date a bit)

H   :Ravenous Boar 36/36

The boar will take it's chance to catch up to the party giving Calrex ample time to prepare for his attack!

"Well, you could, but honestly if I were to be with her there's a high chance that you won't be able to give her your gift while it's still her birthday. Plus it wouldn't be fair with all of the effort you've out into gathering it together. Here, let's do it this way. I've already sent her a PM asking if she has time to meet us in Urbus. If she can then all three of us will meet up and you can give her your gift. If not then I'll probably go and find her and deliver the gift for you. Sound good?"

Immediately after he finished his statement Calrex turned as he heard noises coming at the two from behind. He quickly turned around, seeing a large boar charing at them, "Well, I was hoping we'd get back without any encounters, but I guess this would be a good chance to show you some combat. Get ready Meo!"

He squared his feet as he slammed his fists together with a resounding clang before he rushed forward.

Surprise Attack, Mob will act on next round

ID: 16386

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

As Calrex began rushing at the boar he noticed that due to its size it needed more distance to build enough momentum for a decent charge, "Best keep him from getting up to speed then..."

He used his <<Sprint>> ability to break into a high speed sprint before he leapt forward, bringing his right arm back. As he got into striking range he thrust his right arm forward in a full-body supported punch. The attack slammed into the boar's snout, forcing it off course as it lost its footing and tumbled to the side. Calrex gave a calming breath as he kept his eyes on the creature, "Alright Meo you're up! Switch!"

HP List

Calrex: 71/71 (Hate: 1)

Meokka: 27/27 (Hate: 0)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 30/36

Guest Meokka

16398 BD8

She was surprised how much damage Calrex did with just his fists only, but spent no time gawking. She was running behind Calrex. He dashed quickly ahead of her and seemed to pin the enemy down stopping it's full frontal charge. She moved her spear from her back and placed part of it on her arm like a billiards stick. She was greatfull he occupied the enemy. When he finished his punch she heard the command to switch. "Haaaaah!" She ran up his back and leapt off his shoulder and into the air. While the boar was shaking it's head back and forth it looked up and saw a lance striking it in the shoulder. A few blue shards flaked off from the hit and with her momentum she continued forwards in a spinning motions. Meokka was behind the enemy. She watched it carefully wondering who it would attack! "Keep on your toes it's going to attack!"

HP List

Calrex: 71/71 (Hate: 1)

Meokka: 27/27 (Hate: 1)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 28/36 1 base and 1 from skill

ID: 16399

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7 (Thorns Activation)

As the boar got back to its feet it turned and immediately rushed at Calrex, who had dealt it the first hit. Seeing the boar coming at him from a close range Calrex figured that he wasn't going to get away without a scratch. As the boar got into close range he crossed his arms, absorbing the impact as he and the boar slammed into each other. "Gh...you're...not..getting off that easily..."

As the two remained in lock the Grand Chariot armor's Thorns ability activated as the parts of the armor in contact with the boar became covered in the light blue aura chains before bursting, sending shards at the boar and also knocking it back. Calrex gave a calming breath as he gave a nod to Meokka, "Alright let's keep up the pressure! Switch!"

HP List

Calrex: 70/71 (Hate: 1) (+3 Mitigation)

Meokka: 27/27 (Hate: 1)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 27/36 (+1 Thorns)

Guest Meokka

16400 BD9

She watched his armor activate. It was her first time seeing something like that. She smiled seeing it was in their favor. She nodded to to Calrex. "Yes sir!" She shouted feeling empowered by his resolve and command to fight hard. This was combat formalities were stuck in her mind. She looked at it and noticed how small it's legs where. What would happen if something that size were to fall under it's own weight? Meokka thought she'd help the process along. She took aim again with her spear and hurried forwards nailing her target dead on. The boar let out an annoyed wail as it fell to the ground, only to turn it's head to glare at Meokka who swayed her hips back and forth getting ready to dodge if she had to.

HP List

Calrex: 70/71 (Hate: 1) (+3 Mitigation)

Meokka: 27/27 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 24/36 -1base -1 skill -1 crit.

ID: 16401

Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8

Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +1) = 9 (+2 Damage)

As Calrex recovered from the blow he looked and saw Meokka deliver another strong blow against the boar, but then he looked in surprise as the boar quickly recovered and planted all of its hooves, rushing at Meokka with explosive force. She seemed ready to dodge, but even with her speed the boar managed to deal a strong hit. Calrex gave a quick exhale as he rushed into her flight path and stopped her from being knocked further back, "That must have smarted, you alright?"

He quickly rushed forward, using his <<Sprint>> once again as he spun around, delivering a spinning side kick to the boar's side, causing it to be teetered over onto its side as it began to try and right itself, "Alright that should keep it busy, switch!"

HP List

Calrex: 70/721 (Hate: 2)

Meokka: 22/27 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 18/36

Guest Meokka

16403 BD9 (well.....that's interesting)

Feeling strong arms stop her from being swept back. She looked up at Calrex. "Thanks sir. I'll be fine. Just give me time to recover." She let out a sigh. She saw him acknowledge her and Meokka stood up cracking her neck. She watched as Calrex sprinted off. She could tell he was going for a kick. "Kick it this way!" she gripped her lance firmly and charged a ways behind Calrex. There was the kick! Seeing the boar take flight, Meokka narrowed her arms looking for another weak point. As the pig bounced towards her on it's second bounce she had her spear connect with it's belly driving it back . The pig reeled as it was like hitting a spiked brick wall. It's glowing red eyes seemed to burn with a brighter intensity as it kicked up dirt to in rage. It didn't seem to like it when it weak points were prodded so viciously by the woman.

HP List

Calrex: 70/721 (Hate: 2)

Meokka: 22/27 (Hate: 5)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 15/36 1base -1 skill -1 crit

ID: 16404

Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +1) = 3

Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +1) = 5

As Meokka landed yet another powerful blow on the boar Calrex gave a nod of approval, taking note however that even with her critical strikes she wasn't dealing close as much damage as she could possibly be doing.

"She's definitely going to need to get that spear changed out at some point. Her technique is well-refined, but without a proper weapon to support it the higher level creatures will be only considering her attacks equal to mosquito bites."

As he rushed in he tried to deliver another punch, but his attack flew clear of the mark as the boar wrenched itself off of Meokka's spearpoint, trying to swipe at her with its tusks. Calrex leapt over alongside his teammate, "Nice work, but I think that boar's gotten it's sights on you. Be careful."

"I thought I'm the one that's supposed to be taking all of the attacks? Maybe I really do need to start looking into that <<Howl>> ability..."

HP List

Calrex: 70/71 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 15/36

Guest Meokka

16406 BD4 (Light momentum +2 to BD activates next turn due to miss)

The boar was charging her! After taking so many hits she figured out it's pattern, but it was so big it was very difficult to dodge it without any skills that supported dodging. She quickly planted her lance into the ground and her legs went on it as she turned her body as the boar rushed past her.She just stared as somehow she managed to just pole dance right out of the way. Which had to be the most embarrassing thing she'd ever done, but it seemed to be effective. Her face turned red as she stood up and got her lance ready. She charged but it seemed she wasn't the only one that learned the enemies pattern. The Boar quickly jumped back just out of the rage of the spear, and curled up into a ball to roll at Meokka again.

HP List

Calrex: 70/71 (Hate: 2)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 15/36

ID: 16407

Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +1) = 9

Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +1) = 2

As Calrex prepared his next method of attack he watched as Meokka doged out of the way of the boar by...going up on her spear? Apparently she was also surprised by the act as he noted her face turning partially red out of embarrassment.

"Oook...well...at least it was effective."

Seeing the boar circle around for another attack he gave a quick calming breath as he rushed forward with explosive force. As he quickly closed the distance he saw the boar was still focused on Meokka, so he decided to try and gets its attention with more powerful blows. He quickly slid as he got into striking range, watching as the boar's side came in front of him. He quickly dropped low, his fist coming from below as he delivered a fierce uppercut to the creature's gut. The power was enough to partially lift the boar out of the air, stopping its momentum. As it let out a squeal of anger Calrex leapt back, landing a few paces from Meokka, "Alright, nice dodge there. Switch!"

HP List

Calrex: 70/71 (Hate: 3)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 9/36

Guest Meokka

16411 BD8 +2 with momentum = 10 but not a nat crit so no added bonus 

Meokka was running behind Calrex and when he shouted switch she nodded and ran ahead of him. Meokka jumped and waved the lance like a propeller. When she reached her foe she aimed the lance downwards and put her weight onto it. Sending herself down like a spike against the boar. It squealed loudly in pain and annoyance. Meokka looked up at it, and quickly took a few jumps back to try to distance herself from it. Her heart raced as she looked at the creature's HP. She was a bit stunned. Calrex's weapon must be very powerful. She couldn't believe it was almost dead already.

"The enemy is almost down sir!"

HP List

Calrex: 70/71 (Hate: 3)

Meokka: 22/27 (Hate: 6)

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: 7/36 -1basedmg -1 skill

ID: 16415

Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11

Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +1) = 7

Loot Dice: 13 (Search and Detect +2) = 15 (Mob Health x 5 col)

As Meokka called out to say the boar was almost dead Calrex nodded as he rushed in, but then he stopped as he saw the boar take a quick swipe at Meokka with its tusk. As it managed to get a single scratch Calrex was next to it, the light blue aura chains of his <<Martial Arts>> skill surrounding his forearms as he attacks became a blur of movement. He planted his stance as he unleashed a fierce barrage of fists, each strike sending out a blast of aura chains like a shotgun blast. With each strike the boar's position began to move further and further back. With each one Calrex stepped forward. After the relentless barrage the boar was tilting to its side as Calrex brought both of his arms back, fists turned up at his hips.

He gave a calming breath as the boar began to tilt back down before sending both fists forward in a double punch. Upon impact the boar instantly dispersed into crystals, defeated. Calrex gave a calming exhale as he gave his arms a quick shake before turning back to Meokka, "Nice work!" As he spoke he looked at the loot display that appeared in front of him.

Loot Dice:

1 Material

180 col (36 * 5 col)

"Hm...here Meo, you can have these."

He sent the loot over to his teammate as he dusted his hands off, "In any case, that was a fitting warmup. Let's get back to the settlement before any other distractions come up."

HP List

Calrex: 70/71

Meokka: 19/27

Enemies:

Ravenous Boar: -1/36

Guest Meokka

She held it all and looked at it. Then put it away. "But you did most of the damage I think." Her eyes went wide. "She's probably waiting for us, this is no time to be lolly gagging." she started running. "We should before before night fall Calrex!" She stopped and ran back. "Sorry was running the wrong way. This way." She started to push at his back. "Run sir, she's probably really concerned if she's there already. I will not be held responsible." she tried to coax him into moving faster. "Use that sprint ability of yours I'll try to keep up."

"Wha, o ok! Let's get moving!"

At Meokka's behest Calrex nodded as he quickly switched out of the Grand Chariot armor back into his casual combat clothing in a flash, "I should be able to travel a bit faster without my armor equipped, so if you can't I'll see you there!"

With that he activated his <<Sprint>> ability, taking off in a mad dash towards the direction of the gates of Urbus, quickly covering the distance as he slid to a stop once inside the gates. He placed his hands on his knees as he gave a couple of quick breaths, looking back to see if Meokka had kept up, "Alright...where is Teayre at? She still hasn't responded to my PM, so I hope she actually got it."

Guest Meokka

Meokka caught up to him eventually. The sprint skill also seemed to come in handy. "Where did you learn that skill." she huffed a bit surprised. She managed to catch up. She looked around wondering where he told her to meet them. Either way she was pretty pleased about the whole thing. To the point she rocked on her heels. Meokka was a little ancy. Seldom did she ever have the opportunity to give something to someone. She got a little overly excited. She hoped Teayre would be pleased. She looked to Calrex with hope. She also couldn't wait to hear about his adventures. It helped prepair her for quests while posed a form of entertainment. 

"Hm? The <<Sprint>> ability? Well...it's not exactly about where I learned it but when."

"It looks like Teayre might still be en route, so I guess I could engage in some more small talk before she shows up. Meokka does seem rather intrigued with all of the abilities I've learned so far."

Calrex turned to face Meokka as he put his hands in his jacket pockets, "The full name of the ability itself is actually <<Sprint and Acrobatics>>. It's actually something that you are able to unlock once you go and participate in enough quests and adventures. In itself the ability embodies a feeling of speed and agility that one usually wouldn't be able to obtain in the real world. When I first got it my body felt much lighter and easily maneuverable compared to before, when it felt grounded by gravity. It also tend to help with avoiding enemy attacks."

His eyes made note of his teammate's feet rocking back and forth, almost like one would be when they were nervous/excited about something. He gave a friendly smile as he acknowledged the thought, "In any case from when I last checked Teayre should be here fairly soon."

Guest Meokka

She nodded. She figured that'd be a good skill to have if it helped one dodge. When he mentioned Teayre she stopped rocking and quickly looked around. "Guess I'm just excited. I'm not use to 'this' sort of gift giving really. I understand the concept of it though." She lead a fairly poor life, but in the end she wouldn't dare change it. She liked how she turned out, aside from her height. "I'm surprised we found such a hard boar. I might have to go to a blacksmith. I could have done a lot better if I had better equipment. Though I could one day craft my own." She was still dead set on being a blacksmith. (Though no one has checked it T_T I have it done XD) She looked around hoping to see Teayre. "Which way will she be coming from if you don't mind me asking."

As she sees the notification come up her eyebrows raise, Calrex and Meokka on floor two together? Material Gathering? Teayre had seen had the two blue heads had looked at each other when they had that guild meeting on the fourth floor. Frowning she sets off to the teleportation pad of floor four, as she entered Urburus her teeth are gritted as she scans the area spotting Calrex and Meokka close together. Too close. Teayre draws her katana charging at Calrex. “CALNUS HEVREX WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!†As she almost reaches him her foot catches on a step sending her flying up the step she slides along stopping her face looking up at the blue haired boy, eye narrowed glaring at him.

"She should be coming fro..."

"CALNUS HEVREX WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Gh!"

As Calrex heard Teayre scream his real world name his body tensed up as he quickly turned to see her draw her blade and come rushing at him. However, before she was able to get into striking range she stumbled, much to his relief. When she looked at him and shot daggers towards him He felt a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "T-Teayre you made it!"

He quickly went over to her side, understanding the possible reason why she seemed to angry, whispering in her ear, "Listen, there's nothing going on between me and Meo. She just wanted my assistance with this..."

With that he gently ushered Teayre over to Meokka, still a nervous face plastered on him, "A-Alright Meo..."

"Well this was...unexpected?"