PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Hikoru (Completed)

Calrex sat just outside of the teleportation circle in the second floor main settlement of Urbus, clad in his deep sea blue full-body armor the Grand Chariot. Attached around his neck was Teayre's gift to him, the Ocean's Defense, and strapped to the back of his hip was his one handed sword the Grand Blade.

"Normally I wouldn't be meeting up with Hikoru like this, since the appearance can be a little intimidating, but in this case I have to be serious. I was the one that recommended him to become part of Absolute Pin, so I need to make sure that he has the qualifications to be a strong member of the guild. I've decided to personally oversee both his and Takneil's initiations."

As he awaited the appearance of his friend and initiate he crossed his arms, leaning against the wall he was standing next to, "I need to do this right. The last time I saw him was when he came along with me and Reu to go material gathering, so I hope he's grown a bit more as a person and a player since then. I know the two of them are friends, so I would like to see both of them grow as teammates. I saw a lot of potential in them, especially when they both became founder of Leviathan."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spawning in to the circle of teleportation on the second floor Teayre looks around stretching her arms out and sees a familiar blue headed figure sat cross legged in his full armour. Bouncing over to him she jumps on his lap smiling, “So Callie-kun what’re you doing here?†Kissing his armour Teayre dismounts the boy sitting next to him instead as she holds the knight piece she had been given up to the light turning it left and right seeing how these reflected. “Say what do you think of the pieces we were given Cal? They’re pretty aren’t they? Also why are you in your flaming armour in a safe zone? I mean it is a safe zone.â€

Hikoru makes his way to the teleporter with haste, making sure he wouldn't be late again.

"And hopefully not crash this time." He thought to himself as he stopped before he got the the teleporter to slow down, then stood on it, checking his list to see where he needed to go. It was a new place to him, for he had barely left floor 1 as it was. He sighed and closed the menu

"Teleport! Urbus!" he said as the glowing light surrounded him and soon he was in Urburus, a new place to him. he looked to see his friend Calrex, but didn't see him anywhere around him.

"Hm...." He said as he looked around. He saw two people, one in a full suit of armor, and another person that looked new, but he could never be sure. He looked to make sure they weren't PKers, and after seeing they werent, he walked over to them

"Uh... Excuse me." He asked politely "Do any of you guys know where a player named Calrex is? I was told to meet him here...." He asked shyly, not knowing where his friend could be. This was a very important initiation for him, and he needed his old friend to make sure the initiation was watched by one of the council, and that it was legitamate.

Calrex looked over in surprise as he saw Teayre leapt onto him, asking him about why he was in his armor while within a safe zone, "Oh, well, I'm actually running an initiation for the guild, so I'm actually overseeing a friend from a while ba..."

"Uh... Excuse me...Do any of you guys know where a player named Calrex is? I was told to meet him here...."

"Oh...I guess you have only seen me once in my armor, so it probably isn't very memorable. Sorry Hikoru."

With a few swipes Calrex switched back out to his casual combat clothing. In response to Teayre's previous inquiry he produced the Rook piece from his inventory, "They are very beautifully made. Amazing work Teayre."

With that he gave a calming breath, "Now onto business. Hikoru..."

Calrex produced one of the square pieces that he was given by Ariel, giving it to Hikoru, "Hikoru, as the Rook piece of Absolute Pin, this marks the start of your initiation. During this course I don't want you to think of me as your friend, but as my position in the guild. This here is Teayre, the Knight piece and also a member of the council."

With that he turned to face Teayre giving a warming smile, "If you would like to assist me in this initiation you are more than welcome."

​Switching back to Hikoru he continued, "During this initiation I'll be evaluating your abilities not just as a player, but as a person, to see first of all if you are qualified to become a full-fledged member, and if so where you would fall in terms of the duties of the guild."

With that Calrex gave a small sigh as he dropped the formal voice, as if he had gotten tired of being serious, "Just know that we're doing all of this for your sake. Absolute Pin is not a place welcome to everyone, it's a place where we're trying to bring the best of the best to work together in beating this game. I selected both you and Tak because I believe both of you have the potential to become great players, whether on the frontlines or not. I need to make sure my suspicions are right, and if it is not the case I'm not going to put you at unnecessary risk."

With that Calrex temporarily assumed his formal voice, "Knowing this Hikoru, do you accept these conditions?"

“If you like think of him as a friend and me as the assessor Hikoru was it? In short I head up offensive strategies so in a boss fight or quest you’re more likely going to be listening to me, Calrex will be working around me in ensuring that the damage dealers are covered. Right Callie?†Flashing Calrex a smile she grins. “Cal you’re wrong, we’re not necessarily after the best. We will mould people to become the best. On the note of being the best though, what do you prefer to do Hikoru?â€

Watching as Calrex hands a square piece to Hikoru Teayre smiles weakly at the boy. “Oh most importantly Hik. Cal is mine. His life is worth more than anyone else’s in the guild to me understand? I’ll sacrifice you all to save him.†Patting Hikoru on the back Teayre heads out of Uburus and leans against the bridge waiting for the pair to catch up.

Hikoru listens to Calrex intently, making sure he heard everything. He takes teh square, turning it between his fingers as if it was a drum stick, and nodded at Calrex

"As ready as I could ever be Calre- I mean, sir!" He said, giving him the authority he deserved. He look at Teayre, who explained her role in the Guild, and he nodded and bowed

"Its a pleasure to meet you ma'am!" He said."And I prefer to do anything im told to!" He said in a joking tone, but he meant what he said.

As he stood up, he heard her talk about Calrex, and her not thinking a minute to sacrifice me, and he put two and two together quickly. He kept his mouth shut though, not wanting to get into trouble. He never knew this about Calrex, he had never talked about it, although there isn't really a way to bring it up when you're on a quest in very dangerous caves.

"So what is the plan for this Initiation?" He asked directed towards Calrex, trying to see what the plan was for today

As Teayre added in on her role in the initiation Calrex gave a nod, although when she explained her grand scheme should things ever go wrong a blush crept up on his face as he gave a calming exhale, "Thanks Teayre..."

With that he looked to see that Hikoru appeared ready to begin, but he felt that with Teayre's last tidbit he should clarify one thought that had probably popped into Hikoru's head, "Right...before we begin I should elaborate on what Teayre said. She's my fiancee, so know that even though we are guildmates and friends, should it come down to it I would risk everything to keep her safe."

With that he began with his plan for the initation, "First of all I'd like to get to know a little about you in terms of what you think you can bring to the guild. Absolute Pin is not a just combat guild. We are also looking to assist in all aspects of Aincrad, and that also includes running shops and material gathering, as you're well familiar with from my unofficial occupation. I'd like to get a gauge where your strengths and weaknesses are so that should you be accepted you will be put in a position you can serve the best in."

With that Calrex gave a small breath before continuing, "The second part, of course, is the thing that we need to evaluate no matter what the case. I'm going to be taking you into a small dungeon on this floor to evaluate your combat and exploring capabilities. Don't worry, Teayre and I will be with you the entire time should things take a turn for the worse. We need to make sure that you are more than capable of continuing to take care of yourself."

"Of course we don't plan for you to be off running tasks for the guild on your own, because that would be foolish, but I also can't let you be the weak link in team, for lack of better wording."

ID: 16506

LD: 5

Rapping her hand against the wall she glances about trying to see where the two had got up to not finding them she heads off towards the cave that they were going to be going to. Easily avoiding most of the mobs along the way, she sighs. It was too easy, the mobs on this floor didn’t pay much attention to her now. “I really need to go and do some solo training up on the tenth floor, but for that I need night vision first. Seriously though would those two hurry it up?†Kicking a small object with her foot Teayre leans in getting a closer look at it before kicking it even further. “Just a rock, I can’t even get any gems… That’s the worst bit.â€

Hikoru listened once again intently, and nodded as Cal would say he would sacrifice him.

"Na dude, I get that, no worries. I would do the same.... If I had someone...." Hikoru started to daze off, but quickly came back before anything happened. "But thats besides the point. Please, continue." He said as he kept listening. He nodded

"Well, Im not really much of a fighter. I would mostly want to gather materials, or run my dream shop.... But I can fight if I need to!" He explained. Hikoru never fought much, except for that one Boar on his recent quest. He heard about the small dungeon and smiled

"As long as I have some backup, Im fine with that." And Calrex explained they would jump in if needed which he was happy about.

"Okay! Well, lets get this show on the road sir!" He said as he raised one fist into the air in excitement.

As Hikoru spoke to him about his plans and such Calrex gave a nod and an encouraging smile, "Alright, well I'm glad you've got an clear idea of your abilities. Let's go ahead and get started on the dungeon then. I think we've kept Teayre waiting long enough."

As Hikoru raised his fist in excitement Calrex gave a nod as he led Hikoru over to where Teayre was, "Sorry for the wait. We should be all set to go."

With a few quick swipes on his menu he was once again clad in the Grand Chariot armor as he nodded to the two, "Let's get moving."

He let Hikoru take point as he stepped alongside Teayre, "Sorry for the wait, but here's what I know so far. Hikoru's a decent fighter, but he prefers to perform non-combat duties like running a shop and gathering materials. I don't think we've found someone like that just yet, but from what I know he's really skilled at what he does. Once we find out if he can hold his own in the dungeons I would suggest we place him in that part of the guild."

ID: 16554

BD: 4 (2 + 2 ACC) [+ 1 LM on next roll]

MD: 4 (7 -3 EVA)

As Hikoru and Calrex came into sight Teayre had already started fighting the nearest mob which just so happened to be a simple dire wolf. As Teayre charged towards it, she wasn’t quite quick enough as the wolf leaps over her twist her body she falls horizontally underneath the wolf rolling backwards she gets up smiling at the duo of boys as they arrive. The wolf dives to attack her and Teayre locks it down with the Oikawa Kanashiki. “About time you guys showed up I was getting bored, being on my own out here.â€

A wicked grin coming to her face as she kicked away from the wolf landing next to Calrex, nodding as he relayed the information about Hikoru. “Well Cal you’re up, my turn for a little chat with our boy.†Turning to face Hikoru Teayre smiles at him, “So you prefer shopping do you? Any good at negotiating prices? Well tell me whilst you hit the mob. You’re up in a second. Show me what you can do Hikoru, as you have that square piece you're already in the guild. However that means you have to prove yourself at every opportunity.â€

Teayre: 61/61

Calrex: 73/73

Hikoru: 23/23

Direwolf: 40/40 

Hikoru nodded at Teayres words. He looked at the Direwolf, which was now getting back up, and unsheathed his basic Dagger. He held it comfortably, and prepared to fight. He had to prove he was useful- that he could fight! And he was going to prove it! Hikoru soon took the blade and charged at the Direwolf, ready to strike!

ID:16564

BD: 6

Hikoru swiped at the wolf, And it cut down its side, taking a little bit of its health. He smiled in triumph until he saw how much health it had compared to how much he had taken, and sighed as he return to his Guild members

"That's the least amount of damage I can do. I can do 3 or 4, but only on good hits." He said as he returned. "That's why I don't usually fight. I can't take a lot of damage..." he said as he prepared to wait and fight.

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolls a 6, success! 1+1 Dagger Knowledge= 2 damage to Direwolf

:HP LIST:

Teayre: 61/61 HP

Calrex: 73/73 HP

Hikoru: 23/23 HP

:ENEMY LIST:

Direwolf: 38/40 HP -2 Health

ID: 16572

Battle Dice: 10 (Damage +2)

As Teayre took over questioning Hikoru Calrex gave a nod as he approached the direwolf, "Alright, I'll leave it to you."

He reached back as he grasped the Grand Blade, feeling the weight of the blade in his hand bringing an overwhelming calm over him, like the calm of an ocean before a powerful storm. As he rushed at the direwolf he drew the sword, the light blue aura chains raging around the blade as he used his <<Sprint>> ability, almost instantly closing the distance between him and the creature as he delivered a barrage of slashes in a blur of movement. Slashes came from all sides as his upper body moved in rapid succession like a powerful wave. On the final strike he stepped forward, rotating his body as he delivered a wide arcing swing, his free hand supporting it as he knocked the direwolf a good distance away.

"Huh...I wonder if I might have overdone it with that attack...well I'll keep it busy while those two keep talking."

He twirled the Grand Blade over his head before tossing it in the air, catching it in his hand in a reverse grip, "Alrighty you two, it's slowly making its way back. Be ready."

HP List

Enemies:

Direwolf: 27/40

ID: 16578

BD: 7 (4 + 2 ACC + 1 LM)

MD: 1 (3 – 3 EVA)

“That’s enough to start with, you’ve only just started out levelling right?†Dodging the wolf as it leaps at her Teayre brings her katana up to her side cutting through the creature as it lands. “I mean it’s not as if you’ve got the best gear either from the looks of things. We can sort all that out. If you’re worthy.†The wolf growled at Teayre as she seemed to ignore it, her hand jutted out hitting Hikoru on the chest pushing him to the floor as the wolf leaped for him. “Watch it kid. This is why we have tanks like Calrex here to take the blows for us.â€

Direwolf: 19/40 8 DMG (1 Base + 4 Skill + 2 Weapon + 1 Ath)

Hikoru landed onto his back as he saw the wolf jump over him. He sighed a sigh of relief and got up to his feet

"Thanks maam.," he said, giving her respect "for the save. But when it comes to my stuff, I really don't want to part with it. It was made by an old friend of mine.... I haven't seen her in quite awhile... Her name was Ariel. She helped me out when the game first started. Calrex knows her, right sir?" He asked, explaining his dilemna. "Besides, The only thing I would part with is my blade.... its just a basic. I've been meaning to go to a smithery, I just haven't found the time..." he said as he noticed that it was his turn.

"Oh, sorry for blathering on, I'll go!" He said as he charged at the Direwolf

ID: 16582

BD: 4

Hikoru lunges at the wolf, but he fails to make it, and swings too high over its head. He sighs and turns to face the beast, in case anything happens as he slowly makes his way back to his teammates

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolls a 4, fail! No damage to DireWolf

Hikoru 23/23 HP

Direwolf: 19/40 HP

ID: 16601

Battle Dice: 5

"Yeah, I know Ariel. She's probably the only tailor at the moment with the skills to make equipment like that. However Hikoru, she may not be an 'old' friend for you anymore. Ariel is the founder of this guild and the bearer of the King and Queen pieces. She holds a seat on the council because of the Queen piece, just like me and Teayre, but when times are required she can also have the last word in any decision with the King piece. As well she's also going to serve as our representative at any of the raid gatherings."

Calrex rushed in once again with his Grand Blade at the ready. As he got into stirking range he used a non-shining version of his Swallow Return attack, the three slashes coming one after another almost simultaneously. Unfortunately the direwolf managed to leap out of the way on the first strike dodging the attack completely. Calrex took a couple of steps back, but kept himself between his teammates and the wolf, figuring the two would need more time to talk.

"I should really get on obtaining the <<Howl>> skill. If I'm Absolute Pin's Rook I need to be able to actually act like a tank."

HP List

Hikoru 23/23

Enemies:

Direwolf: 19/40

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 17778

BD: 1

MD: 2 (3 -1 EVA)

The wolf pounced at Calrex and sailed to the side of him, slipping down Teayre darts forwards before suddenly jumping back. Smiling at Hikoru Teayre pats him on the shoulder “Who do you suppose made this coat of mine?†Her eyes flick to the wolf as it began to circle Calrex. Taking a few steps back she runs forward before pushing off the ground and leaping forward sailing over the blue haired boy and the wolf using her <Acrobatics skill>. As she landed her foot slid back and threw her balance for a moment.

The wolf made another pass at her she ducked and rolled out of its reach her breathing heavy, her fingers tapping the hilt of her katana slowly as she eye up the creature. “Hikoru, you’re in.†Leaning on her back foot she gazed down at the wolf her face smug as her eyes flicked up to Hikoru. “What will he do I wonder, with any luck it won’t be something too rash.â€

HP List

Hikoru 23/23

Enemies:

Direwolf: 19/40

Hikoru was shocked as Teayre missed the wolf, quite shocked that she did so. She came back over and told him it was his turn, and he nodded. he breathed in, and turned into Poker Hikoru, showing no emotion whatsoever in his face, and charged at the wolf, in the most straight face he could make.

ID: 17780

BD: 3+1 Savvy= 4

Hikoru slashed at the Wolf, but failed to make his target, and grit his teeth as he came over

"I missed." He said in a monotone voice. He came over to Calrex and patted his shoulder "Your up friend."

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolled a 3, +1 Savvy=4 Miss! No damage to Direwolf

Hikoru: 23/23 HP

Direwolf: 19/40 HP

ID: 17782

Battle Dice: 9 (+1 Damage)

As Teayre and Hikoru took their strikes at the wolf Calrex gave a nod as he gave a deep calming breath.

"Time to slow it down..."

His eyes locked on the limbs of the wolf as he sheathed the Grand Blade, stepping into his modified iaido stance. As the wolf charged he used his <<Sprint>> ability to almost instantly close the distance as he used his sword arm's shoulder to ram into the wolf, sending it airborne as it flew backwards. Immediately after he closed the distance again as he drew his sword, unleashing a fierce barrage of slashes almost like the way he used his fist when using the <<Martial Arts>> skill. Each strike swipes across the limbs of the wolf before he quickly used the <<Sprint>> skill to dash past the wolf, stopping behind it before spinning around, slicing through as the wolf flew by.

As his attack hit true Calrex gave another deep breath as he nodded to Teayre, resheathing his blade.

HP List

Hikoru 23/23

Enemies:

Direwolf: 9/40

ID: 18401

BD: 6 (2 + 2 ACC + 1 LM + 1 Concentration)

MD: 9

“You know I’m getting fed up of this wolf. Hikoru as soon as I’ve attacked you follow in got it. Cal kill it if Hikoru fails I don’t reckon I’ll deal enough to finish it off.†Taking a few deep breaths Teayre steps back as the wolf leaps forward going towards the armoured person who had just battered it across the room a short distance snarling. Its tail whipping behind it as its claws dug into the ground slightly before it leapt forwards and gripped Calrex’s leg with its fangs, the beasts jaws clamping shut around the boys leg before it tears its head backwards causing red crystals to fly away from the blue before dispersing.

Teayre’s eyes narrowed as she took a step forwards her blade staying low, “Cal. Are you okay?†Her foot setting back perpendicular to how she was standing she hit the ground as she exhaled the precise point of where she wished to hit on the wolf clear in her mind. Her weapon glowing slightly as her <Concentration> skill activated tipping the blade downwards so that it struck along the spine of the wolf. The small red head leapt off the wolf and landed behind it. Her eyes flicking up towards Hikoru, betraying the high standards that she expected to see already moving.

HP List

Hikoru 23/23

Enemies:

Direwolf: 1/40 8 DMG