PP - F2 Absolute Pin Initiation: Hikoru (Completed)

Hikoru felt glad seeing that the mob had but a sliver of health left thanks to Teayre. He grit his teeth, hoping he could finally hit the mob and land the final blow, even if he didn't do much damage, any kind of attack could end its life. He charged quickly and silently, blade in hand, ready to attack for the final time!

ID: 18450

BD: 1 ( OH COME ON!!!!)

Hikoru grit his teeth, but missed the wolf entirely, because he tripped and tumbled right passed it! He kept rolling until he eventually stopped by a tree. He landing with his backside in the air and his face on the ground, completely unable to move

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolled a 1, CRITICAL FAIL! No damage to wolf

:HP LIST:

Teayre: 61/61 HP

Calrex: 73/73 HP
Hikoru: 23/23 HP

:ENEMY LIST:

Direwolf: 1/40 HP

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID: 18474

Battle Dice: 1 (You're not the only one TT_TT)

As Teayre dealt a strong blow against the wolf Calrex kept his eyes trained on it, noticing Hikoru pull something that looked like it came out of a cartoon as he rolled into a tree. He shook his head as a small smile came across his face for a second before he rushed forward, quickly closing the distance with his <<Sprint>> ability. As he got into striking range he planted his foot as he prepared to slash, but this time it seemed that he had stepped on an unstable piece of ground as he suddenly slid past the wolf, his attack flying clear of the mark.

He quickly turned as he kept his blade trained on the target, "Hikoru you alright over there?"

HP List

Teayre: 61/61

Calrex: 73/73

Hikoru: 23/23

Enemies:

Direwolf: 1/40

ID: 18559

BD: 10 (8 + 2 ACC) [Honestly… Leave it to a girl to do a man’s work]

MD: 1 (2 – 1 ACC)

LD: 20

Teayre watches as Hikoru charged in giving a small smirk as she watched him fall over his own feet. Sighing as he lands in a completely humiliating position Teayre kneels down placing her katana across her lap as she eyes up Calrex waiting for him to move. Teayre let out a loud laugh as Calrex slides past her and ends up joining Hikoru over by a tree. The wolf followed Calrex its padded paws pounding on the ground after him leaping after its prey. Getting to her feet Katana in hand Teayre looks over at the pair of boys her smirk gone from her face as she places a hand on her hip.

“Honestly… I told you to finish it off... Well if you want a job done right I guess you have to do it yourself... Now wolfy come here, I won't hurt you... too much."

The wolf landed and slid past the boys before it kicked off a tree and sprinted towards Teayre the girl’s face started to break into an almost evil smile with a glint in her eye, as she bent her left knee to the ground bringing her katana in at an angle as the wolf leapt straight into her line of attack. It exploded into crystals around her, standing up she gazed over at the two boys.

“Listen Hikoru, if you want to be a damage dealer you need to be able to hit things… Here take this it should help you somewhat.â€

Teayre brings up her shops inventory her expression calm as she takes a mottled white feather with a kanji written on it a purple string with red, white and blue beads dangling from the feather before chucking it over towards Hikoru. Her eyes narrowing as she begins to speak to him. â€œBefore you say anything, that feather belonged to a dear friend of mine, he was loved by the council of the entire guild. If you don’t wish to accept it then fight me here and now to determine your membership. If you can take five health away from me before I take you to half then I’ll support you.â€

Item: Beleram's Last Wish

Item Type: Lucky Charm

Quality: Rare

Enhancement: + 2 ACC

Description: A mottled white feather with the kanji for 'sad' written along the back. Purple string had been threaded through it with red, white and blue beads attached at varying intervals. There string dangles slightly past the tip of the feather and hooking back around allowing it to be attacked into the hair.

HP List

Calrex: 73/73

Hikoru: 23/23

Enemies:

Direwolf: -7/40 8DMG

Loot:

Thread gains 200 Col (Divided at end)

Teayre gains 2 Materials

Hikoru caught the item as Teayre gave it to him. He looked and just stared at it for a moment. He didn't know what to do. He felt great that she gave him the item, and he would take it. But he knew he wouldn't feel good for taking it, and not doing something back. He held it as he stood up, and looked at Teayre

"I'll take it, but on one condition." He said as he held his dagger "I still want to fight you, to prove I have some potential. If you don't want to thats fine, but this is something I need to do to feel as if I earned it." He said as he put it in his pocket "If you want to, send me a request, and i'll fight. I'm not afraid, because I trust you, and I trust Cal to stop you in case you start to go overboard." He said silently. He mentally prepared himself. He was going to fight a much, much stronger opponent, but at the same time, it gave him a thrill. This was an exciting challenge, and he was not going to back down! He looked at Teayre and smiled

"But I won't be using the item. I need to prove that I can hold my own, and not have to rely on items." He said as he set the item down beside him

As Teayre finished off the wolf Calrex nodded as he twirled the rand Blade before sheathing it as he turned to the two, watching as Teayre gave Hikoru an item before the young boy asked to duel her. He made note of the fact Teayre mentioned it belonged to an old friend, already deducing that the item was made from Beleram's feather, giving a small sigh.

"Huh, well this is certainly a different turn than I had originally planned. It would take a little more time, but if this is a way of gauging Hikoru's combat ability I don't see any reason why not."

Calrex nodded approvingly as he took up a position to the side so that he could observe the battle, switching out his Grand Blade for the Grand Gauntlets, the deep-sea blue sword vanishing from the back of his hip as the similar colored gauntlets encircled his arms.

"Alright then I'll keep watch on you two. Give it your best."

ID: 18692 LD: 5 (Make a LD check on your next post Hikoru whoever gets the highest roll gets to go attack first in the duel.)

Locking eyes with Hikoru Teayre’s lip curled up at one side her eyes began to glint flicking her head to look at Calrex catching his words as he gave his approval the red head leapt back from Hikrou before sending him a half-life duel request.  Sheathing the Oikawa Kanashiki a small click emanating from the mouth of the scabbard as it clicked home, “Are you certain Hikoru, now is your last chance to equip that otherwise I will be near impossible to hit.†Standing with her feet shoulder width apart Teayre was breathing slowly and calmly as if she was expecting something. Her eyes were pinned to the boy in front of her a steely gaze coming from them as if she was seeing right through the boy. 

ID: 18693

LD: 18

Hikoru looked at the item, but sighed, picking it up. He looked at it thoroughly, and remembered Teayre's stats. They weren't much, but they could be the downfall to him. He sighed and took off his Plushie, not needing it at the moment, and attatched it to his blade. He made sure the hook grabbed well, and sighed once more

"Very well. I'll use it, but I'm not happy I have to." He said as he got into a positioning stance. He accepted the deul and waited for the countdown.

BD: 3+2-2=3 Fail!

Hikoru soon hears the buzzer so off, and charges for Teayre. He goes in for the swipe, but misses his shot, even with the new item. He grit his teeth and stood up, facing his opponent and Upper Guildsman once more.

Hikoru: 23/23 HP

As the battle started Calrex crossed his arms as he gave a small sigh to himself, observing the two combatants.

"Hikoru's gonna be at a serious disadvantage even with the item Teayre gave him. She's really focused on dealing a lot of damage and avoiding being attacked. If he can inflict five points of damage that would be a miracle in itself. Nonetheless he's been training alongside Takneil, so I hope that he's come farther than the last time."

With that his eyes calmly scanned as Hikoru rushed forward, seeing as Teayre easily evaded the strike, "Yeah, he's in for a tough fight..."

ID: 18938

BD: 10 (Natural Crit + 2 DMG)

Her eyes narrowed as Hikoru charged at her not wasting any time he got stuck in, smirking even more. As he sliced across her Teayre stepped around with it her katana starting to dance in her hands as the tip of the blade licked the boy’s arm and shoulder causing red crystals to flow out and not stop flowing. Taking a few steps back she keeps her eyes locked onto Hikoru’s her smirk not leaving her face.

“Nice one, off the beat I like it. Just don’t leave yourself open next time. Again!â€

With that she settles into a wider stance her katana held out in front of her, her chest was rising and falling steadily as she didn’t betray any signs of strain on her.

Hikoru: 14/23 HP Total:  9 (8 DMG + 2 Crit – 1 Mit) [bleed Activated: 2 Posts remaining]

Hikoru grunts in pain from the damage Teayre gave him. Even with damage migation, she took most of his health, with only one blow. He falls to his knees and staggers for breath, and he holds his hand over the wound, seeing that its bleeding as he brings his hand up. Anger flows through his veins, and his pupils slightly dialate, and he charges for Teayre, screaming at the top of his lungs

ID: 19062

BD; 5+2-2= 5 Fail (just barely >.<)

Hikoru misguided his blade in anger and he swiped too low, but barely missing her. He grunts and staggers to his knees from pain. He was still bleeding, and he wasn't sure whether he would live or not.

BREAKDOWN

Hikoru rolled a 5, +2-2= 5 FAIL No damage to Teayre

:HP LIST:

Hikoru: 13/23 HP -1 Health (Bleed: One turn Remaining)

:ENEMY LIST:

As the battle continued Calrex quietly observed as Teayre managed to score a powerful hit with the Oikawa Kanashiki. RIght as the blow connected he could tell that Hikoru was in for an even rougher time. The blade had a Bleed effect added to it, so if Hikoru didn't get an attack in soon he would likely drop to half health without Teayre having to attack any further.

"This was going to be a pretty rough battle from the start, but it seems like Hikoru's luck is really not in his favor at the moment."

As the young boy rushed in again he seemed to get close to scoring a hit, but fell just short of the mark. Most likely it was due to the shortened length of his dagger. A sword probably would have cleared the distance, but Calrex also understood that a sword probably wouldn't have made it either, because it would have moved slower than a dagger does. It didn't really reflect in the actual mechanics of SAO, but in general he understood that swords, while powerful, were larger than daggers, thus requiring a slower movement. Meanwhile daggers, which lack range, can be maneuvered quickly and easily, as if a person were holding a paintbrush.

ID: 19146

BD: 8 (8 + 2 ACC – 2 EVA)

As Hikoru charged the scream almost deafening her Teayre stepped back as a cut coming low passed her stomach she looked at Hikoru before swivelling around him. “You’re good Hikoru. I’m impressed.†Her words were cold like the blade of the Oikawa Kanashiki that struck into him but the longer it remained the warmer it became. Quickly removing the blade she sighs as the winner notification pings above her head. Retrieving a healing potion from her belt she throws it at Hikoru. “Drink it. I don’t want you dying square.â€

Opening up her menu she quickly types a message out sending it to the other council members a half grin on her face.

To: Calrex, Ariel

Subject: Square Hikoru

I would like to talk to you both about Hikoru, let me know when you are both available.

Teayre

As she dismissed her menu she spun around again keeping her eyes on the lookout for any other mobs that might wander their way. “We should be safe for now. Hikoru, welcome to the guild.†Tossing her head up she looks over to Calrex, “I’m heading out on other business I have to look for something…†Her voice became strained as she spun and dashed away heading back towards the main settlement of floor 2.

Hikoru: 6/23 7 DMG (8 – 1 MIT) [bleed 1 post remaining]

Hikoru gasped in pain as he felt only a shrivel of his health remain. But soon the duel was over and Teayre threw him a Potion. He took it with his free hand, struggled with the cork, but soon got it off and drank it greedily. He gasped once he was finished, and sighed as the bleeding finally stopped and his health was slowly regained. He sat up slowly and watched his wounds heal, and sighed, stabbing the ground with Back-Biter. He was frustrated that he had not been able to deal any damage to her or the boar, and laid on the ground. Soon he heard Teayre was leaving, and she was gone before he could say goodbye. he looked at Cal and smirked

"You caught a good one there Cal." He said smiling "But anyways, how did I do?" He asked as he got to his feet, feeling much better than he had the moments before. He sighed and gripped Back Biter, Putting it in his sheath. He took his new item off the hilt, and decided why not and put it in his hair. It was a new feeling, but it wasn't something he would always have on, only when needed.

As the battle concluded and Teayre gave her final words before taking off Calrex gave a nod as he walked over to Hikoru as the boy got to his feet. As he did he looked adn received the message Teayre had sent him, sending a reply as he walked.

To: Teayre, Ariel
Subject: Square Hikoru

I've got a lot of time, so my schedule is flexible. Just let me know what time you two decide on and I'll be there.

Calrex

With that he looked as Hikoru stabbed the ground in frustration for a quick second before getting to his feet, inquiring about his performance, "Heh, I'm glad you approve of her. As for your performance I think you did fairly well. Teayre posed quite a difficult challenge, especially because she's really light on her feet. For the odds that were stacked against you I'd say you passed. Of course that's just what I thought, I'll still need to confirm with the rest of the council for their verdict."

With that he gave a calming breath, "Before that let's bring this initiation to a close with a couple of questions. First of all, Hikoru, would you be willing to fight alongside other, guild-affiliated or otherwise?"

Once Hikoru answered Calrex would follow with his second question, "Second, how much would you be willing to risk to try and get out of this game?"

Hikoru gets up as Calrex is messenging people and talking about his performance, and soon he exits out of the menu and looks at him, and decides to finish the initiation with a few questions. He nods and crosses his arms

"First of all, Hikoru, would you be willing to fight alongside other, guild-affiliated or otherwise?" Hikoru thought for a moment

"As long as im in a group endeavor, I don't mind doing anything the the Guild needs me to do. If I need to gather materials or do a quest, doesn't matter." he said with a smile. The next question he became very serious in

"Second, how much would you be willing to risk to try and get out of this game?" Hikoru forrowed his eyebrows and frowned, becoming very serious

"Im willing to risk anything to get out of here, but I won't sacrifice others. If needed, I will sacrifice myself for the sake of others. If the word of having to sacrificing someone to pass a boss comes up, I will be first to volunteer, and I will do my best to stop others." He said, crossing his arms. 

As Hikoru answered both of his questions Calrex gave a nod in understanding as he recorded Hikoru's answers in his mind, "I see, good to hear. Alright then, with that your initiation is concluded. I'll be sure to sent my observations to the council, but for now you feeling up for grabbing a quick drink?"

With that he led Hikoru back in the direction of Urbus. Since they had not traveled as far out the trip was fairly short, the two players arriving back at the settlement's gates within minutes, "If not it's perfectly fine. I usually do this in order to help wind down the event before we part ways."

Hikoru nodded as they walked toward Urbus, and nodded

"It's fine, I think its a good way to help me out, I still need to get quite a bit of Hp back anyways. I haven't even got half my HP back yet." He says as he motioned towards the bar, and sat down on a stool. He ordered a drink to bring back his HP, then smiled at Cal

"Thanks for giving me a chance." He said simply. He put his head into his hands and breathed slowly, recollecting the prvious events that just occured "Although, I missed every shot." He said with a chuckle

As Hikoru sat down and ordered his drink Calrex took a seat beside him, ordering the ginger ale that he had begun to drink as a pattern for these initiations, "Your HP will come back as long as your out of combat, so don't worry about that part."

Once the drink arrived he took a quick swig of it before listening to Hikoru speak, "Well the cards just weren't in your favor this time. Teayre is the Knight piece of the guild after all. If you didn't have a tough time fighting her I'm sure that more than a few of us would be worried if she was actually strong enough to carry out the duties of her position. For what it was, I'd say you did well."

Taking another swig he directed Hikoru's attention to his square piece, "Also take note that the square piece you bear means that are are already a part of the guid. Squares are the rank given to recruits. This initiation is a test to see if you are suitable to become a full-fledged member. Should that happen you will be promoted to a pawn piece. If not you will remain as a square until it's deemed suitable for you to test again, at least from what I have been informed."

Hikoru nodded and picked up the square in his hands. He knew it was a 50/50 chance he couldn't get it, but being apart of a Guild, surrounded by friends and Guildmates made it all worth while. He smiled and put it into his cloak pocket.

"Yeah, I guess your right there. Well, lets hope for the best!" He said, holding up his drink "To Absolute Pin! May she eventually Check Mate this game and get us out of here!" He said, not afraid of how corny it sounded, but he liked it. It indicated what this Guild was for and what it stood for.

Calrex smiled and nodded at Hikoru's toast, picking up his ginger ale and clinking glasses with the boy, "May we all make it out of here safely."

With that he downed his drink, setting the glass on the table, "Alright what's one of the dynamic duo completed. The next one I have to do is Takneil's. If Hikoru's initiation is any indicator, I'm sure he will do just fine as well."

Once Hikoru finished his drink Calrex would speak, "Want another round? I've got some errands to run, but they're a little ways off, so I can stick around for another drink or two before having to head out."