[PP:F1] Axios, we will remember you.--Complete--

Zandra sat on a bench and was scrolling up and down her friend list. She wanted to find someone to hang out.''Soo boored...'' she said while looking up and down the street. Then she saw the list reload, like when lists beeing refreshed and its more or lees searchresults in it. She got panic, she didnt have any unaccepted friend-requests. So its must be someone less. She quickly scrolling up and down, trying to remember the names of everyone and check to find out who had disapeared.''AXIOS!!!''she couldnt find his name anywhere. Scrolling the frienlist up and down like a dozen times. She still couldnt find it.''No. Axios. I know that this is a death game, but this is the first time someone I know disapear.''she started to shiver and her cheeks gets wet. She thougth she was prepared for it that her friends could die at any moment, but guess you cant be prepared for something like this. With heavy steps she walked to the notice-board to put up a message.

Hi, my name is Zandra. Tomorrow Im

gonna be at the lakes south beach on

floor 1 to remember Axios Deminence.

If you also knew him I would like you to

join the memorial to honour the SAO-player

and good friend:

Axios Deminence

-Zandra

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jomei had just finished practicing his musical skills at his usual spot under a tree in the corner of the city. He looked up at the sky, it wasn't its usual, bright sunny day. Instead, it was cloudy. This wasn't unusual, just wasn't what he was used to. He let out a heavy sigh as he was walking through the town he was planning on having a drink at the pub. 

On his way there he passed by the notice board, when he noticed a familiar figure. It was Zandra. She looked different than Jomei had ever seen her, she was trembling, tears in her eyes. He walked up to her and put a consoling hand on her shoulder.

"Zandra.. is everything alright?" 

He had a good feeling he knew what this was about, but he wanted to ask anyway.

''Jomei!''Zandra turned around and embraced the man.''It Axios... He is... He is de...''she breathed heavy and her tearful eyes looked into his still unknowing eyes. Then she broke eyecontact and looked away resting her head on his chest. Even if it hurts, she must tell him. She turned her head up and looked at him again.''Axios is dead.''the tears appeared again and she looked down again. What would she do. For the moment she just stood there crying like a little baby.

BOf6RyLCUAApjcy_zpsxmbootfc.jpg

The embrace took Jomei by surprise. He didn't expect it from the girl. However, he hugged her back tightly. 

"I know. I know." He spoke softly to her. "I don't want to believe it either. I wish I could have been there to help him. I wish it would have been me and not him..." He struggled himself to hold back tears, but he knew he had to for Zandra. "But.. if I know Axios like I do.." which he really didnt, but then again.. who in this world truly knew anybody without knowing them before hand. "He would want us to remember him, and escape this game." He gently broke from the embrace, bent down and put his hand on her head and smiled. "Not only that, but he would want us to be happy, and not dwell on his death."

He stood up and look at the notification board, where Zandras message was. The look on his face became serious as he read it. "I will help in any way I can to set this up.. to help everyone remember what we are fighting for.. to remember Axios."

He drew his sword and touched the dull side of his blade to his forehead and closed his eyes.

"An chuid eile i píosa.., Axios" he said quietly to himself.

"Thank you Jomei."Zandra almost whispered. Her eyes are still wet. But her breath slowed down and her heart beated like normal. "I cant believe he is dead. I thougth I was prepared. But I wasnt." now she just sat on the bench looking down on the ground where he stood. She placed her hands on her knees.

"of course.. We need to be there for eachother here in Aincaed." He sat down next to her on the bench. He searched his belt pouches and pockets for a handkercheif to wipe her tears. When he couldnt find one, he unwrapped his scarf from his neck and handed it to her. He made sure to keep it clean, and he felt it was soft enough. He smiled, trying to cheer her spirits. "It really hadnt hit me either.. How much more dangerous it is here. Thats why i truly believe we all need to work together. Protect eachother. And make it out of here." He looked down as well and chuckled nervously. "F-for all we know.. o'I could be next.." He shook his head to bring himself back to reality. He turned to look at her and pat his hand on hers. " But i swear, while o'im still hear.. until my last breath, o'I will protect you, and everyone else. just make sure to do the same for me." He smiled again.

Rusty had been quietly roaming floor 1, just walking around as he typically did everyday when a strange message appeared on the message board for said floor. He opened the message and slowly read it, at first confused as to what it was for. It was a funeral invite for anyone who knew a player named Axios. He froze. That was the boy he had helped on the earning a living quest, but that had been months before. Could it be a mistake, he didn't think a kid like that would be able to get himself killed so easily, especially since he was higher than level 5 last time Rusty had met him. Checking his friend list, he couldn't find any evidence of Axios ever existing on his list. It was true. He really was dead. Maybe he should go simply to pay respects. Deciding to do so, he went off towards the directions the notice stated.

Upon approaching the co-ordinates, he noticed a boy comforting a girl as they were both seated on a bench. Was this really the turn-out for Axios' funeral? Rusty thought about who would show if he died. He couldn't think of a single person who would want to come anyway, not when most people he knew were so busy. It was a morbid thought but his focus were more on the two players seated. "Hello? I guess you two were the ones who sent that message.." he managed to spit before moving his eyes to the rest of the field. Hopefully Axios was resting in peace because he didn't deserve to die at all, just like so many other people in this godforsaken game. Rusty gave a light sigh at knowing that Kayaba Akihiko had claimed another victim with his death trap.

''Yes it was.'' she looked at the newly arrived player. He hadnt broken down like she did. Not Jomei either. She havent seen Axios many times at all. It was ctually strange she would be this sad for just a player she barely knew.''It was me that put up the mesage on the notice board.'' she stood up and walked to him. Reached out her hand to him ''My name is Zandra by the way. Nice to meet you. This is the first player I personally knew that died. And want to remember him even if he is gone.''

As the new player walked up to them, Jomei stood up to greet him. "Jomei, nice to meet you." He held out his hand after Zandra.

Jomei nodded slowly as Zandra said this was the first player she knew that died. "Aye. Me too." He let out a heavy sigh. "Ive seen other players get killed, but never anyone I knew..." He sat back down and looked at the ground. "I was in the area too... why didnt he call out... I might have been able to save him." He said this to himself, not really thinking the other two were there. He ran his hand through his hair, revealing tears were in his eyes. 

Zandra waited for the boy to reply, either by saying something or just by shaking her hand, she saw Jomei reaching his hand towards the boy too. He just stood there and no sign on chaking their hands or say something. Zandra lowered her hand and turned to Jomei.''I know a cafe in another part of town. Ive met the manager and he is a realy nice guy, I was gonna ask him if I could borrow some chairs and maybe a table.''she pointed in the direction where the cafe was.''I also have some strawberry-juice from my failed potion-brewing-attempts. I thought about going there now. You wanna follow? Dont know how it works when you borrowing furnitures. Maybe you must carry them or something, then I would appreciate your help.''

Jomei took a deep breath. When he exhaled, you could tell that he was holding back crying a bit. He felt guilty for his death. Where he may not have been in a party with him, or saw it happen. He knew he was in the area when he was killed. He felt guilty that he wasn't there. Thats why he was so upset for the death of his friend. He shook his head to get his composure back. "Yeah. Of course Ill help you." He said faking a smile. He stood up from the bench and walked with her to the cafe. "Hopefully more people get the message Zandra." He placed his hand on her back to reassure her. " But I'm sure, despite whether people show up or not, they will always remember Axios and fight in his name to survive." He attempted to let out a chuckle. "Im sure he wouldn't want us to join him so soon anyway."

''Thanks Jomei. Yeah. Hopefully.'' she got quiet for a moment and just walk down the street beside the man. Itfelt good, to have something to do. And do something imprtant. Even if there wouldnt be anyone except her and Jomei there, she felt it would be wrong to not do it.''Well, I dont have any intentions on joining him there just yet, even if I miss him.''she looked at Jomei and smiled, accidentaly her hand toched his.''Well, I cant join hime yet, I have to protect you, remember?''she looked forward and saw they had reached their destination.''Here it is, the Moonlit Stars Cafè.''

He chuckled at her remark. Sometimes he forgot that other people wanted him alive as well, and that really eased his mind. He smiled back.

"Huh, guess you're right. We have a lot of people we have to protect don't we." He looked towards the ground with a slight smile on his face. It was good to have friends. Once they got to the destination, he looked around and nodded. "A nice little place I gotta say." 

''Yes it is, I met a girl named Marisa when I was here the first time. Hopefully I can introduce you to her.'' when they entered the cafè it, as usual when she or Marisa wasnt there, it was empty. Not even Marisa was here. Except the tall white haired, yellow eyed man behind the bar.She walked straigth to him.''Hi Kourin.''Zandra said to the man with a smile. She looked over her shoulder at Jomei and whispered''Hes actual name is Rinnosuke.''Zandra turned back her head towards the manager.''This man here is Jomei, I come to you with a little request.''she said.

Jomei lightly nodded at Zandra, and then smiled at the man behind the bar. "Pleasure to meet you." He shook the man's his hand. He wondered.. why did Zandra tell him the man's real name? Did they know each other out side of SAO. He didnt think too much on it, if anything he would ask her later. He continued to listen to the conversation, after all, he was mainly here as muscle to help Zandra, but also keep her company during their time of mourning.

"A pleassure to meet you too Jomei."he said to Jomei with a nod."So, a request you say?"he turned his head back to Zandra."What kind of request?"Zandra waited a few seconds before she opened her mouth."A player I knew died today and I planned to hold a memorial to him. It gonna take place tomorrow at the lake. So I wonder if I could borrow some chairs and a table? In return I let you come and drink for free."it didnt was a sacrifise since it was free for anyone."Sure. There isnt anyone using them anyway. You mention drink. Is there gonna be sake?"he waited for Zandra to answer while looking at her seriously."Sorry no, only strawberryjuice."she saw him be dissapointed. Then she turned to Jomei"Maybe you herd but its okay that we borrow a table and some chairs. What do you say about meeting here at ten in the morning? Then I can bring my cart to easier move the table."

Jomei shrugged at the mention of there being no sake, with a face that said 'sorry.' Speaking of sake, a drink would have helped to clear his mind of things. He brought his focus back to Zandra. "Aye, ten in the mornin' sounds fine to me." with a nod. After thanking the man, they left the tavern. The sun was starting to set on this cloudy day. "That was nice of him to let us use the furniture."

The two walked back toward the warp gate, Jomei turned to Zandra. "Well, 10 in the morning' then." He said this with a smile trying to cheer Zandra up a little bit. "Im off to Floor Two, thats where my shop is." he scratched the back of his head, insinuating that his shop was also where he slept. 

''Do you have a shop?''Zandra asked surprisingly looking at Jomei.''I didnt knew that.'' Then she looked on the ground, scratching a piece of the street with her left foots toes.''Myself I only have a cart, and its on floor one.''she blushed a little, it was embarrasing to let him know she slept on the street. She was after all level 12, and now she should at least sleep on an inn.''Only if its okay for you, could I visit you tonight? I can sleep on the floor, it would just be nice to sleep inside and not under clear sky tonight.''she raised her head and looked at Jomei. Hopefully he was gonna answer yes, but she didnt dare to hope the best.

He nodded. "Not the largest of places, but it gets the job done." He gave her a half frown when she said she only has a cart "Jeez, I didnt know that they give out carts instead of shops.. must be given out at random I guess." Then he heard her ask if she would be able to stay the night in his shop. This surprised him a little bit, but didnt hesitate to answer. "Yeah of course. My shop is more of a lounging room anyway, and there are plenty of chairs and couches." He smiled. "So you wouldn't have to sleep on the floor." He put his hand on her shoulder for a moment as if to guide her. "Come on ill show you." And the two of them made their way towards the warp gate. 

''Thank you.'' she said and followed him to the warp gate.''Actually, I beeing kind of sponsoured by the alchemist that teached me. He gives me better tools and such as Im beeing better and better. Tomorrow I gonna move to floor three, to a bigger cart. With more fancy tools as well. Not like the ones he has, but better then my current ones. Myself I made my first crystal today that Ive put out for sale. Also a few potions, what do you sell in your shop?''she realised the man walking beside her actually looked interested. She started to like SAO more and more. All people she meet are actually kind to her. Not like in the real world, where she have been alone for so long. Always when she thinks about her past she like, shut out her surrondings and getting a troubled face. She suddenly herd the Jomei was talking. She made a small shake with her head and turned it towards him.''Sorry, I spaced out for a moment, what did you say?'' she asked and smiled at him.