F4: The Wanderer's Forge - Blacksmith (Special Order Only, Tell me what you want made.)

The woman was ambushed! And for a being a Shinobi in training that was quite the accomplishment. She was barraged as the familiar she knew all too well enough sniffed and pawed her thigh for a treat. The woman had forgotten to bring something for Mack's familiar, once settled down it sat on its hind quarters and shook its body almost challenging her now. The woman then realized she did have something tasty on her. Yes indeed, she clicked through her menu and out came thick piece of tough and dried boar meat, lightly seasoned. She placed it out in front of Chewie who took it from her without so much as a thanks. 

"Well...not the first time that's ever happened to me..." she said almost with a laugh, that's when Mack had come in and not noticed her yet calling her 'Miss.' She glared at the man placing her hands on her hips and then dismissed any further thought of it, wait...he didn't notice who it was yet. She gave a sly smirk and placed a fist in her open palm with a finger jutting out to one side, she spoke lightly to herself and with a poof she transformed into the hulking man behind the counter using her newly acquired <<Disguise>> Skill. With a low rumbling voice the man boomed and planted a hand on the counter, "Yes! I am looking for a Katana! You by chance have one lying around somewhere?" She said imitating Mack's gravely voice. 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOC: Because (OOC) I don't want to die and (IC), Piera just wouldn't. She doesn't feel she's high enough level to stand alongside everyone and she's also not brave enough yet and there's not any incentive for her to combat her fear.

Piera couldn't help but grin widely at Chewie's sudden and complete obedience as his eyes focused on the meat in her hands before running off as soon as he had it. Shaking her head with a light chuckle she looked back at the familiar's owner in confusion. "Eh?" A frown pulled at the brunette's mouth as she tried to think if perhaps the items were worth more than she'd thought. Honestly, the alchemist wasn't one to turn down anything free, but these weren't ordinary circumstances. Times were hard with people's lives on the line and a big battle coming up. This armor could have been going to someone there instead. Meeting his steely eyes with her own serious green behind her glasses, she tried to determine if he was being a bit too overly generous. "Mack...I know this wasn't easy or cheap to make. I know we're friends but I'm sure you could use the col. Or if you need them, I think I could spare the mats. You don't owe me anything."

OOC: For Opal.

"A katana," Mack asked blandly, staring at himself. Having seen Tristan use the disguise skill once before, Mack was well aware of how it worked and not terribly shocked to see that someone else had it. After all, it could hardly be a unique skill since it seemed that no one had yet discovered much in the way of the unique skills that Sword Art Online purported to have. "The only way people will believe you're me is if you carry around a man's weapon and not a toothpick," Mack continued, rubbing his bearded chin thoughtfully. "Guillotine is laying around here somewhere, since I recently upgraded to Invictus."

OOC: For Piera, also Piera... Reminiscences. 

"No, you don't owe me anything else. I have more than thirty mats and over seven thousand col," Mack said in reply, his voice and eyes softening a bit as he considered the alchemist. One way, or another, he would win her her away from Lee without having to kill Lee. It was only a matter of time. Still, there was another item that he wanted to bestow upon her. "In fact, there's something else I have for you too," he continued, pulling up his inventory and finding the second amulet of the Hoya that he had retrieved when he completed that quest for a second time. "Here," he said as the amulet materialized in his hand. "As soon as you put this amulet on it will take whatever shape you find to be most pleasing."

Piera's eyebrows raised over her glasses at the amounts Mack gave her and she sheepishly looked down at the armor. "O-Oh..." Goodness he was certainly doing well. "I g-guess you can afford to then, huh?" She still felt a little awkward about it, but not nearly as guilty. When he spoke of something else he had for her, the brunette's head snapped up as she began to protest, "Oh, no, I can't, re-" The alchemist was surprised when she saw a almost overly simple looking alchemist in his hand. Blinking in surprise at the description, a curious smile tugged at her mouth. She was always a sucker for things that made up her mind for her.  "...Really? Sounds like magic." She teased before biting her lip. "You sure you don't want it?" 

After being assured that he didn't, the alchemist would hesitantly accept, turning and holding up her hair for the red head to clasp the amulet around her neck. After he did, it seemed to glow and she blinked, looking down at it with open curiosity. Once the glow dimmed, the necklace was now revealed to be a simple golden Celtic knot. But the sight of it caused her face to show muted shock before tears pricked her eyes, causing her vision to swim for a moment as she touched the metal fondly. Sniffing slightly, the brunette coughed a laugh a little awkwardly as she murmured to herself, "Shoulda known." Piera looked up with watery eyes as she smiled and said with utter sincerity, "Thank you. This means...more than you know."

Mack look to Mack and rubbed his bearded chin as he did and narrowed his eyes to the Crimson Blade's Grand Master, "Ugh...Whatev's..." he said in deep gravely voice before letting go the transformation. In a poof the woman appeared before Mack, "I won't need an axe...those things are too lunky. But since you were not surprised by the sudden appearance of yourself standing in front of you, there was no reason to hold that disguise. Anyways, I could still use that Katana if you have one. I don't mind paying for it, I actually owe you a small backlog for the Cauldron as well. So name your price." The woman selected her menu and then looked at Mack to see what the price was. 

OOC: For Piera.

"It may very well be simple magic," Mack allowed with a shrug of his broad shoulders as he slipped the chain with the Hoya amulet around Piera's neck. "Or, at least, the closest thing to magic in SAO," he concluded, allowing his massive hands to rest on Piera's shoulders slightly longer than was strictly speaking necessary after he had placed the amulet around the brunette's neck. Deciding to take a chance, Mack leaned down and rested his chin on Piera's shoulder for a moment, peering at the shape that t he amulet had taken with his storm grey eyes. "What's the meaning behind the celtic knot," he asked after a moment's consideration.

"Opal," Mack rumbled, considering for a moment the possibility of wrapping the woman in a big hug and just as quickly rejecting it. There was no crowd here to witness the spectacle and, besides that, she was with Lawfer so far as he could surmise. It was best not to meddle now. No doubt her flirting would be toned down. "It's good to see you again, it's been a bit too long," the ginger blacksmith continued in a genuine tone. "As for a katana, I have a nice one right here. Not the best I can make, but it will suffice," Mack said, kneeling down he rummaged beneath one of the display tables for a moment before emerging a moment later with a crimson hilted katana in an equally scarlet sheath. "This is Dragon's Breath, and I think it will serve your purpose for now," Mack said, placing the weapon on the counter for Opal to inspect. "As for payment, you have nothing that I want or need. Or, at least, the thing that I desire is not something I've any right to ask you for. And no, it's not sex nor is it to see your tattoos on the canvas you were born with. Nice ink, though."

The woman smiled happily at her ex Guild Master, finally recognizing who she really was after the silly disguise, she still had to work on that and perhaps matching his voice a bit more. She bit her lower lip with excitement when he pressed a knee to cold ground and retrieved a crimson hilted katana with an equal hue to the saya, "Crimson...I should have known," she gave a small giggle and placed a hand on the saya and slowly removing the blade from its housing. She stared at the blade and nodded, "Yes, this will do just fine. I really appreciate that Mack." She placed the saya at her side and carefully placed the katana into its housing and looked at him with a raised brow, "Well, that doesn't sound like you. Your normally not shy about these kinds of things. Please ask and I shall be the one to determine if I can fulfil your desire." she smiled at him after placing a hand on her hip, "Thank you! I figured a little tattoo like this would be attractive. Although its not little at all...at this point. It started out small though..." she was getting off subject, "What do you desire, Mack?" she asked with a bit of a sultry tone in her voice.

+1 Dragon's Breath Katana
- [Pending Desire?]

Edited by Opal

Piera smiled, liking to think that there was a little bit of magic in this otherwise wonderless virtual reality. Her shoulders tensed slightly at the added weight before she glanced to the side and then immediately snapped to the front upon seeing how close Mack's face was, her ears burning. However when he asked about the necklace, she smiled softly, relaxing as she glanced down at it once again. "It looks just like one that I had in the real world. My dad's from Northern Ireland and the only piece of jewelry he gave me was a necklace that looked just like this." The brunette pinched the piece of metal between her thumb and index finger, her smile dropping slightly. "He's... I haven't seen my family in quite a while. Just made me nostalgic." She tried to excuse her overreaction to the gift.

CRAFTING ATTEMPTS: 1 OCTOBER 2015

ID: 33667
CD: 11 (10+1) - Rare Item
XP: 6

ID: 33668
CD: 9 (8+1) - Uncommon Item
XP: 4

ID: 33669
CD: 13 (12+1) - Perfect Item - CLAIMED (Lawfer's Armor)
XP: 9

ID: 33670
CD: 5 (4+1) - Good Item
XP: 3

ID: 33671
CD: 6 (5+1) - Good Item

ID: 33672
CD: 10 (9+1) - Rare Item 
XP: 6

ID: 33673
CD: 13 (12+1) - Perfect Item - CLAIMED (Rebekah)
XP: 9

ID: 33674
CD: 6 (5+1) - Good Item

TOTAL XP: 43

Edited by Mack

Lisa had come again to floor four looking for Mack. She knew where to find him and she headed for his tent on the outskirts of the main settlement on the floor. She reached the familiar tent and entered. Like last time the baby bear approached her and she gave it some bread which it took happily and ran off. “Mack!” Lisa hollered for the man as she walked further into the tent. “Are you here? I could use your help!” She hollered again as she looked around for him.  She finally found him by the forge and she approached him with a smile. "I need your help... please" She said. There wasn't much time and she was desperate. 

OOC: For Persephone.

No sooner had Chewie gone tearing away with his prize clutched in his jaws than the proprietor of the Wandering Forge, Mack, appeared. "Afternoon Persephone," he said calmly, greeting the woman. "Have you come by to take me up on the offer to join the Crimson Blades or was there something else that you had in mind that I could help you with," the red-bearded man asked, quirking an eyebrow in Persephone's direction.

OOC: For Piera.

Not quite the answer that Mack had hoped for, as the red-headed man would have preferred the amulet to have taken the Celtic knot because of the design on his axe's Invictus and Guillotine. Still, if anything, the reasoning behind the shape of the Celtic knot for the amulet was even better. What possible gift could Lee give the alchemist now to top the Amulet of the Hoya. Nothing, that was what. Standing up properly, and removing his head from Piera's shoulder, the mountain of a man stepped back to give her the space she needed. "I see, it must be hard for those who are stuck here to deal with missing those back in the real world," he said in a low tone as the sounds of Chewie demolishing the sausage reached both of their ears.

"Fine then," Mack rumbled, crossing two tree-trunk like arms across his well muscled chest. "I want Piera," he said simply. "I do not think that the request is one that you can fulfill, at least not without my asking you to engage in activities which I wouldn't ask anyone to engage in," the red-headed man said, shrugging his broad shoulders and stretching his neck. "Therefore, what I want is something that neither you nor anyone else can give. So, take the katana because we're square."

Edited by Mack

"I am still considering your offer." she said with a smile. " Today I'm here on business.I'd like to know if you could make me new armor and a weapon. I'm going tothe boss fight in a day, and I need something strong than what I have to protect myself. I'm supposed to be with the lead team which means I'll be right in the middle of all the danger and I need to stay alive, or my party is as good as dead. I have plenty of materials... some col still too. Just name your price and I'll pay. I'm desperate!" She said looking at him with pleading in her eyes.

Edited by Persephone

"I've got just what you need," Mack said, considering Persephone for a moment before ducking down beneath one of his display tables and beginning to pile pieces of white armor onto the table. "This is the White Queen," Mack rumbled, finally setting the breastplate of the armor on the table. "Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman," he said with a slight smirk. "It's got two ranks of regeneration on it and it'll soak up three points of damage from every successful hit," he continued. "And this," he said, topping the armor with another falchion type sword. "And this is Light Reaver, two ranks of paralysis and a damage buff as well. Pay whatever you think is fair," the red-headed man said, waving dismissively at the thought of payment.

The young woman was relieved when the man said he had things for her. “Oh you’re amazing!” She said smiling widely. First he produced a magnificent set of armor that was similar to her Lazarus, but a little more. “It’s lovely and perfect.” She said smiling. Next her pulled a white blade, similar to her own, but once more better than what she had. “I love it!” She squealed. With both items out for taking, he said he was willing to take what was fair. Being an honest person, she made an honest offer. How about twelve mats for the set?”

Six a piece was fair. 

Soon the boss raid would begin, and luckily Nikki had received a message from Red indicating that her items had been crafted. All that was left now was for her to go and pick them up. She had heard of the wanders forge, and in fact had seen its owner Mack once or twice. It had been a while since the tank known as the River had ordered anything custom from a smith. In truth before the update she had reached a point of all but indestructible. Since however she had been in need of a few changes to guarantee her survival in this death game. She had downsized her skills focusing on a few points rather than spreading out her skill set, giving her a greater tank focus. In this she needed new gear to supplement her.

She entered the forge with her cloak drawn tight around her. She approached the counter slowly, almost cautiously. As she neared she caught sight of Mack, the Giant of a man who ran the shop and the guild known as the Crimson Blades. "I'm Here to pick up an order... For Nikki Styx." She said drawing in a quick breath after. The items in particular were a new shield and a new gauntlet. The Shield was similar to hers now, if not a little longer, and hopefully a little sharper than her old Blade shield. The Gauntlet, was supposed to guarantee long life, or a tleast increased survivability. Interestingly enough given the unique nature of the gauntlet, it would eventually, when combined with the rest of its like items, create a set of armor that was supposed to mirror a boss from floors above.

After a casual exchange of greetings Nikki was eventually presented with her items. The shield was equipped almost instantly, as it materialized onto her wrist right there. It was 4 and a half feet long easily, and only a few inches wide. It had a bowed out shape, and one might have mistaken it for a bow if they had no idea what it actually was. it was not such a crude shield that people would hide behind. Instead it was used to actively block, striking at an opponents attacks, meeting them blow for blow. Its properties would either hurt opponents or paralyze them. In its own respects it could be thought of as a weapon.

The gauntlet she took and tucked away into her storage, making sure to do so quickly as if to hide it from prying eyes. "I trust that some agreement can be made to keep you from forging any more of the Sanguine Armor. Unless Ive requested it?" She asked As she flashed her left gauntlet revealing it to be a Sanguine gauntlet as well.

-Items Acquired-

Sanguine Gauntlet -Right-

The Razors Edge

"That sounds fair to me," Mack said, pulling up the trade menu and sending the two items to Persephone. In truth, he likely would have given them away to the woman if she had asked for them without any kind of payment since they were for the Boss Raid and the healer was ludicrously under-leveled for such an endeavor. Still, if she was willing to pay for the items then Mack was willing to take them. When everything was square, the red-headed man tapped the accept button.

OOC: For Nikki

"Ah, so you're Nikki," Mack said, looking up from his work as the woman entered the forge. Chewie, hearing a female voice came roaring out to challenge the person to the significant task of giving him something to eat before something very odd happened. The grizzly cub took one look at Nikki, came to a skidding halt almost falling over himself in the process, and then high tailed it in the opposite direction from the woman before rapidly disappearing around the side of the forge. "That was odd," the red-bearded man said, glancing with storm grey eyes in the direction that Chewie had disappeared in. Then he shrugged his broad shoulders. Animals were weird.

"I've got both of your items right here," Mack said, returning to the business at hand. He produced the gauntlet and the shield and lay them on one of the display tables for Nikki to inspect at her leisure. "I imagine we can come to an agreement on the Sanguine Armor," he said at last, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. It didn't sound like that difficult of a proposition to adhere to. "Am I to still accept orders for the gear that come from Red as well? Or only from you in person?"

"Yo Mack!" she called entering the shop and and approaching the counter,"I heard that you completed my dagger?" she grinned in excitement, she really didn't know too much about when she was getting. in return she Placed Eagle's Claw and a piece of light armour named silent glory on the counter and explained,"This suckker has a plus of 6 Mit and," drawing out a small bag she grinned,"A tiny donation for the guild base, inside is 500 col, hope this is ok" 

Edited by Shirosu

He accepted her offer and the young woman smiled. She was grateful the man had been so kind as to help her out last minute. He’d already given her so much already she felt it was only right to give him something in return, even if it was only payment for his finely made goods. She went into her inventory and removed the items she intended as payment and completed a trade request with the man. When all was squared away, she took her new items and equipped them. “This is truly a work of art!” She said as she marveled herself in the White Queen. “Thank you Mack! If I survive this boss fight and make it out of here… I’ll name my firstborn after you… If I on’t have kids… then I’ll name a pet or a plant after you.” She said with a laugh and then kissed the man’s cheek before heading out again.

“Bye baby bear!” she called to the cub that had mauled the piece of bread she’d given him already.

PERSEPHONE RECEIVES THE WHITE QUEEN AND LIGHT REAVER

PERSEPHONE PAYS 12 MATERIALS TO MACK

PERSEPHONE EXITS STAGE RIGHT.

Piera turned around to face Mack properly after he pulled out of her personal space. At his observation she shrugged, not really knowing what to say in response to that but ended up saying something anyways. "It'd be the same in the real world or Aincrad regardless." Not particularly wanting to get into her life story, for that's what it always came down to it whenever anybody went in this line of questioning, the brunette smiled up at the red haired man. "Thank you for this, again. And the armor. I, um. I'll leave you to your work now. I'm sure you have a lot to do with everything going on." Stepping back, she then caught sight of Chewie licking his chops for the last vestiges of the sausage. Chuckling, she leaned down and petted his head, scratching his ears before standing and walking towards the tent flap. "I'll see you around Mack. Let me know if you ever need anything." With that, the alchemist took her shiny new armor and left the Wanderer's Forge.

Opal folded her arms over her bosom and looked to Mack after he had said his desire. The raven haired woman bit down on her lower lip and sighed slowly as she moved closer towards the man, "Actually...there is a possible way I could help. Alchemists have this funny ability to make potions, and there is a forbidden book of Alchemy that I know of that my Master has hauled up in a locked private chest. I know of its existence because I have seen him with it and he absentmindedly left it under a pillow during breakfast and....I kinda looked into it. Basically put, I was able to download the information into my journal as you would with most books in this game. Mack, if you want me to...I could create something that might win you the woman. But remember, these could be adverse side effects to these potions as well. It's Forbidden Alchemy for a reason. But it is...doable. Thank you for the Katana, Mack. If you seek out these potions let me know. I'll keep you in priority on my message alerts if you decide to go down this route. Just something to think about..." 

Opal nodded her head to her exGuild Leader and exited the tent with her new weapon. She sighed when she left the tent, he did deserve to have someone special in his life. Piera was just a woman that he could not have. It reminded her of Guinevere, Author and Lancelot...