[PP-F5] Into the underground--Completed--

''What you say? Have you herd anything about the boss?'' she suddenly was filled with excitment and took a few steps towards him. Did Jomei knew anything about the boss. Maybe something that could help her decide what crystals to craft and if she was gonna buy any other equipment then what she already had.''By the way, I wont die. I gonna train some to increase my skills with my armour so it will be able to take even more hits, and I gonna stak up on plenty of healing crystals. My safeguard potion will defend completly from the first attack. I have these party heals too, it gonna keep you on your feets for several rounds. And I herd the last boss was taken down by only four players, and Have herd, at least rumors that there is many more that gonna participate this time.'' then she realised she actually shouldnt be here, she should be crafting crystals for herself, Jomei and all other boss-participater. No, at least one last adventure before she maybe dies. She took a few steps back when thinking this was maybe the last adventure she was gonna be on with Jomei. She looked down on the ground and turned quiet.

Zandra: 38/44 (11/11) +3 HP

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zandra began to ask more about the boss.. he figured that Lowenthal would want to hold a meeting soon where Jomei spoke about everything gone over in the boss meeting.. but he had no idea when that would happen.. so letting Zandra know about the boss probably would not hurt. He took a deep breath, "Apparently, we were told that it is this giant warrior.. The Forsaken Crusader I think he was called.. with a humongous sword and shield. Also.. it is in an old church.. and we believe that there will be many outside factors affecting the battle. They want at least twelve people going at it this time.. But... I don't even know if that is enough." He crossed his arms and closed his eyes.. he was worrying himself about this battle again. He looked back up to Zandra.. he admired her confidence. Then he noticed something seemed to bother her, "..Zandra? Is something wrong?" 

(15/16) (+1 E)

She just stood there, hearing Jomei tell about the boss. But she didnt made any signs of reaction at all. Like in a dream she herd him ask her if something was wrong. Then she slowly turned up her head, looking into her ginger friends green eyes. Her own eyes got wet, but no tears. Her mouth shaking a little. She swollowed and blinked a few times to get the eyes to normal.''No, nothing is wrong. Im happy to be on an adventure with you.''she smiled, but anyone would see its a smile someone would put up to hide something else as well.''Ehm... That boss sounds like a real badass. If its in a church it wouldnt be any problems, could just get some help from god then.'' she winked at him to hide her eyes got wet again. ''Well, we better continue, my health is as well as full now.'' she turned around and slowly started to walk deeper into the cave.

He stood there, listening to the girl as she denied something being wrong and continued to insist she go with him to the boss fight. Jomei pushed himself off of the rock he was leaning on, watching as Zandra turned away to continue through the cave. He did not see very well because of the dim light.. but he could hear it in her voice. And the smile she gave him.. he could tell something was wrong with it. He did not move from his position and crossed his arms. "..Zandra.." he said softly, but sternly, hoping the girl would stop hiding whatever it is that pained her and would answer his question. "I know you.. I know when something is wrong.. I've seen you when you're most upset.. So please.." he caught up to the girl and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. 

Zandra stopped. She was a fool that she thougth she could hide something from Jomei. Specialy something like this. Jomei have been there for her so many times, she didnt wanted to trouble him, but it seemed to bother him even more by trying to hide it. She felt his warm hand on her shoulder, she could tell its warm, even since she had her armour on, Jomei was always warm. Slowly she turned around. She raised her head, had to tilt it back to look Jomei in the eyes, she didnt hided the approaching tears anymore.''You know I like you realy much.'' she swallowed.''If we join the boss fight, this could be our last adventure together. But if we dont join the boss fight, other people maybe gonna die that we could have saved. It feels like Im beeing ripped apart. I dont want to risk dieing, but how is it gonna feel if someone die in the boss fight, and I wasnt there to protect it.'' the ground started to spin and she got dizzy. She grabbed Jomeis arm to prevent herself from falling. This was too much. Almost comical, was she gonna die before the boss fight because beeing a coward.

Jomei's eyes widened when Zandra mentioned how she felt about him.. He was not sure if she meant as a friend.. or more. The wording seemed too coincidental to be just as a friend. Jomei could hear her voice slightly cracking.. tears most likely falling from her face. The idea of whether or not to go with Jomei to the boss fight tore her in two.. On one hand.. they risked one or both of them getting killed.. on the other, if they did not go, other's would most likely die without them fighting as well. But most of all, she seemed more heartbroken about the possibility of this being their last adventure together. This all seemed to make her feel uneasy, as she lost her balance and grabbed onto Jomei to avoid falling. Jomei grabbed onto Zandra's arms and pulled her in for a hug. He embraced her, trying to calm the girl down. Once he released the tension, he held the girl at arm's length, lowering himself to look her in the eyes. "I promise you. No matter what. This will not be our last adventure together. We are both going to survive and make it to the end of this. I swear." 

''Yeah, I guess youre right. We both have to live on to protect each other. But if you want to join the boss fight and dont want me to come with you, then I think I must accept and stay behind like a coward.'' she could barely see Jomei, but the sound of his voice calmed her down and she felt better. The dizziness had disapeared. She moved the backside of her hand across her face to wipe away the tears that had just left her eyes. She was amased that Jomei could always be so calm, she havent seen him lose it a single time this far, he was probably not such coward as she was. She looked around in the cave.''I just realised, what are we doing here? The first reason we went here in the first place was just because I was bored when I got stuck in the sandstorm and wanted to see what it was that made the noice. Probably it was the skeleton. Do you wanna head in deeper or shall we leave and head back to the surface?''

Jomei stood up straight and looked around.. This cave did apparently go deeper... and he wanted to know just what lurked further down in these depths. He walked past Zandra, but not towards the entrance where they came from, but further into the cave. He looked over his shoulder and smirked, "What would be the fun if we just left now?" He chuckled and gave the girl a wink, "Don't tell me one skeleton spooked you enough to leave." his tone was sarcastic as he teased his friend. He then turned to face forward again, and he closed his eyes.. his expression much more serious now. "...The boss fight is in about two weeks.... If you really want to come.. I can't stop you from signing up.." He then drew his sword and slung it over his shoulder, walking forward.. hoping Zandra would follow. 

''Yes, of course I was spooked by the skeleton. Im just a litle cry-baby-girland. Its lucky me you are with me. A big strong man to protect all defenceless girl.''she answered ironicaly and winked at him, then she realised he wasnt looking her way so wouldnt see the wink.''No, its not because Im spooked, I just lost the excitment I felt to continue. But we can continue, Im right behind you.''after a few steps something changed. The cave got brighter.''What the? What is happening?''the cave continued to be brighter. But it wasnt a one-coloured light, it was shifting in all the rainbows colour. When she looked backwards to the entrance, it seemed sunbeams had reflected in the transparent stalagmites and stalagtites all the way down here. And it continued further in for every second.''Oh my god! So beutiful.''

Jomei chuckled as he continued to slowly trek forward through the cave, "Well.. that was your mistake with bringing me along then.. because I'm still excited." He pushed himself past a stalagmite that he almost bumped into, "Theres no way that this cave is just the home of some bag of bones.. theres gotta be something el-"a light from behind Jomei shone through the cave, like the sun raising over the horizon. His eyes grew large as the light pouring in from the entrance of the cave hit the glass structures, the lights refracting through the stalagmites and stalagmites comes out as rainbow lights. "Wow.." Jomei whispered, his eyes still wide. "This is.. incredible.." He smirked and crossed his arms, turning to Zandra. "You just have a natural skill for finding beautiful places I guess." 

''Well, who want to be in ugly places. Its much more fun to adventure in beutiful places. Dont tell anyone else but...''she walked to Jomei, looking around even when the cave was completly empty. She hold her hand beside her mouth and while standing on her toes she whispered into Jomei's ear.''Actually, Im Kayabas unknwon right hand. And I have complete acces to re-program anything in this world. So I often re-program the environment to look beutiful when Im adventuring.'' she lowered, standing on her heels again and backed of a step. She smiled at Jomei for a second. With this smile noone have been able to tell if she was telling the truth or not back in the real world. Wonder if it was the same with Jomei.''So, you wanted to continue downward? This light filled me with adventuring lust. Im gonna re-program the deeper areas even more beutiful. Come on slacker.''she pulled forth her dagger and started to run deeper into the now uplightened cave. Her long hair fluttering like a black flame on top of a blue shining metal armour.

Jomei raised a sharp brow when Zandra mentioned she was going to tell Jomei a secret. As she stood on her toes to reach Jomei, he leaned his body over slightly, to make it easier for the girl. She then 'admitted' to being in cahoots with Kayaba.. and that she can reprogram the game at her will. As the two separated, Jomei crossed his arms and shook his head.. "So thats why you're not scared of the boss fight.." he laughed, playing along with her joke.. at least, he hoped it was a joke. Her voice was very playful when mentioning it.. so he figured she must be teasing him. "So, miss programer.. Why tell me?" he smiled at the girl, hoping to catch her lie in this trap. 

Jomei scoffed, "Slacker huh?" he lightly nodded his head. "Alright then.. lets see you take out the next mob we run into. Maybe I won't be so kind as to help next time." he walked behind her, his arms crossed. 

''Pfft, I could have taken care of that skeleton easily. I just wanted to make you feel important.''she smiled and stretched out her tounge against him, realy hoping that he understood she was just kidding.''Every girl needs a knight in shining armour right?''then she took a look at Jomei top to toem toe to top.''Not that shiny.''she said slowly in an excessive serious tone while scratching her chin.''But I guess it will do.'' she said now cheerfully with her hands swinging back and forth at the sides. Her steps was much easier now, this new light had made something strange with her, but what. Suddenly she could tell what it was. She felt hope. Hope, one the humans most important feelings. Without hope the players would probably make suicides one by one. She had to spread her feeling to everyone else, to make realy understand that its more important to live for your friends rather then die for them. She also felt hope that the feelings between her and the ginger beside her would grow. She tried it by walking a little closer to him. She wished she could re-program the surrondings. Then she would program caves like this one outside every town.''You know Jomei, I think we will make it to floor one hundred. As long as we rememeber who we realy are, that we atually are real human beeings, and every other player here are that as well.'' she said while the two twentythree-year olds walked side by side deeper down.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei smirked at Zandra.. she was just as quick on the comebacks as he was. It made him happy to know he had another friend that could not only take his humor with a grain of salt, but could dish it out just as well. "Well then.." he said placing his hands behind his head as they continued to walk. He turned around with a sharp eyebrow as the young woman referred to Jomei as a 'knight in shining armor.' He grabbed at the sides of his cloak and looked down at his armor, which was brown leather armor over a green shirt. Shiny? He didn't know that leather shone.. which apparently, neither did Zandra.. who then commented on the subject. "Hah, if anything.. you are the one wearing the shining armor." he used the knuckled of his pointer finger to knock on the girl's shoulder plate, making a 'ting ting' noise. 

Jomei looked down at Zandra as she hopefully mentioned how she truly believed they would make it to Floor OneHundred. He nodded, "Yeah. I think so too. As long as we don't give up hope and keep in mind we do still have lives in the real world. I think that'll be just enough to get us through this death game." He clenched his fist in front of his chest before pressing it firmly against his armor. 

She was glad that Jomei shared her opinions. First she felt a little stupid, those lines was such a hackneyed phrases.'We shall keep our hope up' and 'just have to do our best for my frinends'. But Jomei seemed to agree and used such phrases too.''Jomeiii..''she said while extending the sound of the last vowel in a way to flatter him.''You know something that would make this experience to another level. Some music. I dont know which kind of instrument would fit but, maybe the sound of a lute would sound nice.''she said looking the other way, trying to make it looks like she said lute without knowing Jomei was a great performer, and his instrument was that, a lute. Actually she very well knew it, and she is one of his biggest 'fans'. Hopefully he will agree with her and bring forth his lute and fill the cave with music, probably for the first time. Would be interesting if the stalagmites would create some kind of special echo or something like that.

Jomei let out a light laugh and smiled, placing his hands into his pockets and looking around. "You know.. Its been such a long time since I've really been able to sit down and play with that thing.. I've been so busy with the guild and the front lines.. I don't even think I've been to my shop in weeks." He looked up at the stalactites hanging from the ceiling with a content look on his face. "But you know.. that doesn't sound like a bad idea." With a lift of his hand, Jomei opened up his menu. With the sound of familiar, soft ping noises, Jomei went into his inventory and equipped his instrument of choice, which of course was the lute. The small string instrument materialized in a white light into his arms, and soon Jomei felt the familiar weight of the wooden instrument in his hands. Adjusting its position in his arms, Jomei began to slowly pluck at the nylon strings, filling the cavern with soft music. The sound of the vibrating strings on the lute bounced around the cave, the echo increasing the sound quality and volume. Happy with the way it sounded, Jomei continued to play his music. 

Zandra sat down, listening to the wonderful tones Jomei created with his instrument. She closed her eyes, in some way you could take in the music better that way. You lose one of your senses, sight, and that increases your other senses, hearing. She leaned towards the stalagmite behind her, hearning the music bounce between the stalagmites and stalagtites, making a magical sound to the music. Like the time at the lake, Zandra was filled with a wonderful feeling. It felt like a spirit took control over her body, she stood up. Took a few steps to the middle of the cave where it was an open space. She placed her right foot in front of the left and stretched both arm stright up, looking at the roof with closed eyes. When she let her arms fall she started to dance. It wasnt as gracious as when she did it at the lake, because now she weared her metal armour. Her body danced in synch with Jomei hands dance. But thanx to Jomeis music even more magical then last time, this scene beaated the one at Axios ceremony.

Jomei noticed Zandra lean off to the side, so he stopped from walking forward. She seemed to really be enjoying his music, so he began to play slightly louder so it could be more enjoyable. The sound filling the caverns even more than they were before. He watched as she slowly stood up, stretching her arms, and slowly beginning to dance in tune with Jomei's music. He smirked as he watched the armored girl dancing in the middle of this cave, he was impressed with the grace she had.. especially in such hulking armor. He closed his eyes and began to slowly pace back and forth, really focusing on playing his instrument. As he reached the peak in his song, he felt his boot catch on the corner of a stalagmite, causing a fault in his step. He plucked a very, out of tune, note as he stumbled forward. As he regained his balance, he still heard the sound of that terrible.. terrible note echoing through the cave. He turned around to look at Zandra, his cheeks bright red. "..S-...Sorry.."

When Jomei apologised Zandra she woke up from her wonderful trance and opened her eyes. She looked at him with a confusing face-expression.''Sorry? For what?'' she looked at Jomei, seeing his red cheeks. What was he apologising for? Why would he blush. He havent struck him she was certain, her armour covered her whole body, except the head so he couldnt have seen something.''What?'' Zandras cheeks turned the same colour as Jomei and looked away.''Do you have any dirtys fantasies?'' then she turned her eyes back at Jomei.''Or are you gonna leave me here?''then she suddenly stopped, stared at him while slowly backing away from the man in front of her.''No, dont say that is it? It cant be. Not you.''her eyes widened and she started to shiver.''Are that velvet guild a pk-guild. And this is your test to prowe your loyalty.'' She stopped when she reached a stalagmite. She searched for a way to escape, but Jomei blocked the way where they came from.

Zandra seemed to panic at Jomei's sudden stop and apology. She began to go through all the different reasons he could have apologized for her... even going as far to think Jomei had 'other' intentions.. or the Velvet was a PK guild and she was his next target. His eyes widened and he quickly waved his hands in front of him."W-What?! Nonono! T-Thats not it at all!" He bowed his head down in front of her, rubbing the back of his neck. "I just.. tripped on a rock.. and almost fell.. messing up the music and all." He kept his head low and his eyes closed, hoping Zandra really did not think any of those things of Jomei.