[PP-F5] Into the underground--Completed--

Zandra looked back at Jomei. He was standing there and looking in the same direction she had done a few moments ago. She looked that way again to see if there was anything she missed when she looked there. Nope. she couldnt see anything, except the giant fields of sand. She scratched in the ground with the front of one of her metal-covered foots, making small circles.''Well no, there isnt something over there Jomei. But well, what do you say about calling it a day and move back to town? It have been a long day.''she scratched her neck and looked at him. Thinking about the adventures they have been having together, and maybe there wont be any more. The boss fight is getting closer. But she would protect him neither the less.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With a shrug of his shoulder, the irishman shoved his hands into his pockets and began to walk past Zandra. "Yeah, its getting pretty late.. And I could use some rest after that adventure." He smiled at the girl, rubbing the back of his head. "Come on, lets head back to Armadillo. We can spend the night at the inn in town, ill buy us some rooms.. If thats alright with you." He took his hand out of his pocket and placed it on Zandras back. "Thank you, by the way... For taking me with you to see this cave. And.. For coming back." He smiled at her again before starting to walk back to town.

Zandra got taken by surprised when Jomei wanted to go to the inn with her instead of he going to his shop. She had finally started to get her shop ready as well, she had thougth about going there and sleep in it for the first time. But it would be rude to turn down a nice offer like that. Oh right, he said roomsThat make some more sence. When she got back to reality Jomei was already 50 meters ahead of her. She ran to catch up with him.''Thats realy kind of you. Thou I can now pay for myself this time. My alchemical business have started to roll, if you know what I mean.''she smiled at him and holding his left arm in something like an armhook* and leaned to his shoulder while still walking. It wpuld actually be nice this adventure not ending quite yet.''I guess its I that should thank you for coming with, right.''

*OOC Dont know how to describe it in english but I hope you know what I mean.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei slowed his pace and turned to look at the girl with a smile as she ran to catch up to him. The girl insisted she pay her share, since she had been earning much more money from her alchemy lately. "Oh yeah, I'm sure with the upcoming boss fight you have your hands full." he rubbed the back of his head. As he did so, the noirette brought her arm around Jomei's other arm and held it. She then gently leaned into his arm, causing him to smile down at her. "You don't need to thank me Zandra. It was a lot of fun." he laughed. He then looked back down at the girl with a soft smile, "Its me that should be thanking you for bringing me with you to see such an amazing place. Like I said, you really have an act for finding incredible places." He continued to walk through the cold desert with the girl wrapped around his arm. 

''Oh yeah, I almost have more orders then I can count.'' she took a deep sigh when remembering all the unfinished orders on her desk back at floor 4. Then her friend thanked her back. It seemed he had enjoyed the small adventure they have been having together. He mentioned that he thinked she could find such beutiful places.''Well, one reason can be because I traveled around in Aincrad for two months, only exploring. Well, not completly exploring, I fled from some high level monsters when trying to find places like this. You always have to offer something when gaining something.''she looked down in the sand while walking beside him. Then they saw some lights up ahead.''Oh look, we almost back.''she said while looking up at him.''You was alking about an inn. Is there any particular that you have been to before, or just one of those common one, that all look the same?''

The irishman could not imagine having to fill so many orders like that.. he maybe has only had one customer in his shop to date.. let alone many a day. "If I was an alchemist.. or knew anything about making crystals and potions, I'd be sure to help out you and Piera as much as I could." he shrugged his shoulders, "But I guess I'll stick with playing my music for fun." his tone sounded disappointed in himself for choosing a profession for fun over necessity.  The girl continued to speak about how she spent the two months traveling across the opened floors. Must have really been amazing, being the size of each floor. He knew the first floor had to have been about 6 or 7 miles long in each direction, but they got smaller as they went up. Nonetheless.. thats a hell of a lot of walking. She mentioned running from high level monsters as well, "Eh, I'm sure you could have taken 'em." he nudged her in the side his his elbow. "But I'm happy you weren't reckless.. and that you're back and okay." he smiled softly. 

Up ahead, the two spotted the street lights marking the position of Armadillo. The trip seemed a lot shorter now that they were not carefully searching for a cave. "Well, I know that there is a tavern here that rents out rooms above it.." his stomach slightly growled, enough for both to hear, "And I could really go for some food and a nice drink." he laughed. 

She looked at the ginger with a surprice looking face.''What? You want to help us with the great art of alchemy?''still having her head on his arm while talking.''So you doing your music for fun eh?'' she turned her face up looking at the man beside her.''You know you can always drop by at my shop. At least back in the real world.''once again she mentioned the world outside the game, 'Zandra, keep it together. You probably not gonna return to that place so just forget it and stop metioning it 'key?' she thougth to herself.''Nevermind.''she said quickly to cover up her mistake.''But I would realy appreciate some company. Some music in the background while working would be wonderful. But guess your to busy to doing other, more important stuffs.''

Suddenly she herd a lound noice, was it a monster? They was almost back at the town, please dont say they gonna be attacked now. She looked around and couldnt see anything. But it sounded so close. Then she realised it was Jomei's stomach.''Woah. Can your stomach make such loud weird noices?''she said whit a friendly teasing voice. Next second her own stomach answered his,''Oh!'' she said and her cheeks turned red.

Jomei shrugged his shoulders and rubbed the back of his neck, "I mean, if I could I would.. I know it could get tough. But then again.. thats just me.. trying to help out as many people as I can until it kills me." he laughed. Zandra seemed to question Jomei's remark about playing music just for fun, rather than for profit. "Well, honestly, why would someone buy a song from me? I know that I can attach different buffs and stuff to them.. but I don't think I'm good enough for that yet.. Maybe some day." She then mentioned he could stop by her shop anytime.. and then mentioned something about the real world. "Hm? No, what was that you were going to say. About the real world." he smiled, "Its good to talk about it every once in awhile, remind us of what we are fighting for here." 

Jomei smirked sheepishly when Zandra teased him about his roaring stomach. He had not eaten in quite awhile, he was even surprised he made it this long without food. Before he could make a comment back to her, he heard a similar noise come from Zandra, and her face lit up pink. Jomei laughed and placed his hand on Zandra's head, "Hah! Guess I'm not the only one."

Zandras stomach growled once again. Her cheeks was back to normal now when she looked up if there was any tavern or something in sight.''Well, I wouldnt say no to food and drink either.''it seemed like Jomei had taken her comment about music for fun and not profit on the wrong way.''I didnt meant that there is something wrong with doing it for fun, and not profit. I just wished that.'' She blushed once again and looked down.''I just wished you would have dropped by at my shop some time. I know Ive been away for some time, but before that. You know how much I like your music as well. But I guess there is more important things to do then play music for me.''she quikly blinked. Had she lost him because of her absent. Maybe he had found another girl.''Well, about the real world, I always listened to music while working, couldnt consentrate otherwise.''she giggled with a sad tone in her voice.''But what is that to fight for.''

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei smiled at Zandra, reassuringly, "Well, Zandra, last time I saw you.. you did not have a shop. Only a cart.. which if you remember, was located not far from my music hall. So trust me.. I noticed you were gone.. I actually.." he rubbed the back of his head, "I actually walked by that cart every day I left my shop to see if you had returned. I-I mean.. I just wanted to make sure you were safe and all.." he smirked. "If I knew you had moved to an actual shop, I would have made sure to drop by to visit." he placed his hand on the girl's head, ruffling her hair before letting out a light laugh. It made him happy to know she really liked his music. With a smile, Jomei gently lifted his arm from Zandra's grasp and opened up his inventory by lifting his hand and poking at the air. He then took out his lute from his inventory, which materialized into his hands. After adjusting the instrument into place, he began to pluck at the strings, playing a song for Zandra."Well, anything from the real world is worth fighting for ... so we can get back to it some day." 

Edited by Jomei

Zandra giggled."Hehe, well thats true. Ive more and more forgetting about the cart since I have my own place to live now."her cheeks turned even reder when he mentioned he had dropped by her cart every day since she disapeared."What? You walked by every day? Im sorry. I realy should have said something. He placed his hand on her head, it was warm, ruffling her hair making it a total mess."hey what ar..."she tried to brush it straight again but stopped in her move when she saw what he did. Her arms fell down by her sides. She closed her eyes and a few seconds later, just as she thugth, Jomeis lute broke the silence.

Jomei scratched his cheek with his pointer finger when Zandra questioned him about checking by her old cart, "Y-Yeah.. I mean.. It wasn't far from my shop or anything.. S-So I just liked to check up on you." his cheeks flushed a light pink as he stammered his words. "Well like I said earlier, you're back now and safe. So thats all that matters." After ruffling her hair and taking out his lute, Jomei began to play his music. He turned around to look at Zandra who had stopped walking and closed her eyes. He smiled warmly at her as he slowly walked backwards, continuing his song. "..You really enjoy listening to my music don't you?"

Zandra opened her eyes when the lute had silenced."If I enjoy listen to your music? Of course I do. I love it. Ive always liked medieval, and lutes gives me that feeling, if you know what I mean?" She was smiling at Jomei. She took a breath before she continued."So, I know Ive been away for some time and Im not very updated. Im not meaning about progress to complete the game or stuffs gamerelated."she could no longer keep eye contact with Jomei so she looked down on the sand. She needed a lot of courage to say her next sentence. After a deep breath she said it."I wonder, what am I to you?" When the words have left her mouth she how stupid it sounded. Her whole face got red and her hands flew up, covering her mouth."Oh sorry. I shouldnt have said that. Im sorry." 

The irishman smiled and nodded, "Me too. I could have chosen an instrument that was slightly more modern if I wanted.. like a guitar. I used to play one in the real world, so maybe it would have even been easier for me. But.. what would be the fun in that." he chuckled. He looked down at the instrument in his arms after he finished speaking, thinking of what song to play next. Zandra then began to speak about how she had been gone and not keeping in touch with Jomei. His green eyes shifted up to her as she broke eye contact and looked towards the ground, almost seeming like she had something to say and was trying to think of how to word it. She then asked her question, which truly was unexpected. What did he think of her? or rather, as she said, what was she to him. "..What are you to me?" he repeated her question to clarify.. "Well.. hm.. I guess I'd say you're someone very close and dear to me.. like a very good friend or .. yeah." he thought about elaborating when his mind jumped back to those few months ago, the day of Axios' funeral-like ceremony. Back then, he thought he felt something small for Zandra.. but then she had disappeared. Where were those feelings now? Were they still there? He smiled at the girl. "Well why, what am I to you?" 

When Zandra herd Jomei she slowly moved away her hands from her mouth. She looked at him, thinking about when they had spent that night together at his place. The funeral to remember Axios that didnt realy turned out as she thougth from the start, it was much better even if Jomei was the only one that had come, maybe thats why it turned out so great. And now, when he without hestating protected her from the skeleton. He finished his answer with or. Cold that meane had those feelings for her to. Lastly he ended with asking her the same question. She slowly started to speak, thinking of every word to not ruin this."Ehm... Your my first real friend." Ingame and for real, but she didnt mentioned that."Since our first meeting I have met other peoples. But no one have made me feel the same like it feeled on our meetings." Her heart rate increased. She held her hands in a each other on her chest where her hart was."This maybe comes a bit sudden but, I was in love with you back then." She took a pause, she had finaly said what she felt, but also those words that have ended countless of relationships. She took a breath before continuing."I still have those feelings. But now something else as well. Like, Im not sure I deserve them because of my absent." She blinked before her wet eyes turned out to tears and looked at Jomei, no longer smiling.

Jomei gave the girl another warm smile when she mentioned that he was her first real friend in the game. Zandra was one of the first few people Jomei had met as well, but his friendship with her did not blossom until later on. She told him how, despite meeting other people, no one made her as happy as Jomei did. Sounded like she truly saw him as a best friend, and this made him happy as well. She paused, which led Jomei to think she was finished talking. With a smile, he turned towards the city on the horizon, "Its getting darker we sh-" 

The next words that came out of Zandra's mouth stunned him. She was.... in love with him? His eyes widened and his jaw slightly dropped, unsure of what to say. His back was still facing Zandra, but when she mentioned she still had those feelings for him, he slowly turned around to look at her. Zandra's eyes began to water before tears ran down her face, Jomei still only looking at her. S-She loves me?... Jomei did not know what to think or say.. he had not heard those words in a long.. long time. It made him happy though, very happy. He leaned forward, putting one foot in front of the other to walk towards the girl who was looking away, tears running down her cheeks. Once Jomei was in front of her, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace. He had to admit that he did not share feelings of that magnitude with Zandra... but there was no doubting that there was something there. He decided to keep them to himself for now, however, being his mind was jumbled with many other things.

Zandra was taken by total surprise of what Jomei did next. He took a few steps towards her and hugged her tightly. The warmth from his body feeling lovely. Was he actually sharing those feelings with her? She thougth that he in some way had just changed subject, or maybe laugh at her, or just walking away and never contact her again. Was she actually havving a chance to go a step further. She answered his action by hugging him back, burying her face in his chest. But it didnt felt right with having her heavy metal armor on. So with her right hand she changed from her armor to her town-clothing, a t-shirt, a skirt with suspenders and a hood pushed back on her back. The shirt was brown and the rest red. She had done that move so many times she could do it with her eyes shut. Then the right hand hugged him as well. She felt so safe when beeing with him. She didnt cared if something would happen to her right now. When they have been standing like that for a while with the only sound beeing the wind blowing over the sea of sand. Zandra slowly losened her grip about Jomei and took a step back.''I take you silence as youre not charing those feelings.'' with a quick move she pulled her hood over her head, a shadow hiding her face.''Well, its getting late, I guess we should go back to town.'' she walked past him, her head looking down in the sand a few meters ahead.

Jomei felt Zandra's armor disappear from under his arms, which allowed him to give the girl a much warmer hug. It was never easy to hug someone while wearing armor.. both as hugger and the hugged. As he felt Zandra's arms release the grip, he did the same and let her back off. She still had a slightly glum look on her face as she took his silence for not feeling the same way as she did. Her words hit him as he looked down towards the sand, feeling as if he only hurt her more. She walked past him, pulling her hood up to cover her face, stating they should get back towards the town. "Zandra..." he turned around to the girl, hoping he got her attention. "Things have been.. hectic for me lately.. and I have a lot on my plate. Especially with the upcoming boss battle and all.. So feelings.. I have not thought much about it." he stood next to her, looking out towards the city, and then back down at her. "Ask me again... when things have calmed down." With a warm, sincere smile and placing his hands into his pockets, Jomei continued his walk towards the town. 

Zandra stopped when she herd that Jomei started to talk. He had been busy with the upcoming boss fight and didnt thougth about feelings. And he told her to ask again when it have calmed down. Then she herd footsteps, meaning he had startd to walk. So thats why he didnt shared her feelings. Maybe it was for the best so. After all, she would probably have tons of orders for the boss fight that she had to focus on."Well, will see if I do. But maybe its for the best. Also, these feelings could be that I finally met you again after all this time. Opposite to you, I havent have any friends to talk too."she slowly started to walk again."And maybe its for the best to not meet and hang out like this until after the boss fight." She turned her head up, looking straight forward. She was gonna be a new Zandra, a stronger one, that wont let her friends down. Her tears stopped. With a piece of her scarf she wiped her face, only sign she had crying was the skin around her eyes that have turned same color as her irises.

Jomei let out a heavy sigh when Zandra shared her feelings of not seeing each other until after the boss fight. It did not seem like she took his comment very well, and it caused a saddened look to come to his face as she looked away. As he turned his body to walk with her, he wanted to place a hand on her shoulder to let her know everything was alright, or even hold her hand. But he refrained from doing so, since it would be harder on the girl's mind, as well as his own. He walked beside her in silence towards Armadillo. After the short walk into the safe zone that was the main city of Floor Five, Jomei led Zandra to a local tavern, with rooms to rent on the upper floors. Before going inside, Jomei turned to the noirette, "Do you still want to stay here and eat something?.. or would you rather go our separate ways for the night?" Jomei spoke in a low tone.