[PP-F5] Into the underground--Completed--

Zandra is strolling in the wilderness of floor five. She see sand in all directions. North, south, east or west, only sand. And suddenly from nowhere its started to storm. Zandra looked around to find some protection against the wind, sanstorms is nothing you would take lightly on. Pretty quickly she saw two big rocks, they looked like the entrance to a cave. Yes, you should be careful when it comes to caves, but she must find shealter before the storm reached its peak. She reached the two rocks and just as she thougth, it was a cave. Zandra, stay here, dont explore the cave on your own. You not even have a teleportation crystal. Zandra told herself. And there she sat. A minute became a hour, a hour became two. Then her curiosity won against her sense and she entered the cave to look what was hidden deeper inside. After a hundred meters it got realy dark and Zandra almost couldnt see a thing, but she herd, and it didnt sounded like something pleasant. Here sense took the upperhand against her curiosity and she sneaked back to the entrance. Phew, light again. And the sandstorm has calmed down. Zandra took a peak to see if the coast is clear. She couldnt see any dangers in miles around. So she exited the cave and headed back to the town. When she reached the teleportation plaza she saw a man she recognized. Heya, what are you doing here?

Edited by Zandra Zvift
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a flash of blue light, the ginger haired player stumbled off of the teleporting platform, huddled in his cloak. He plopped down on a bench and let out a sigh of relief, still shivering a bit. Jomei had accidentally spent the entire night out in the freezing wilds of Floor Four. While out hunting, he had wandered into a deadly blizzard which ended up carrying his owl companion away in the strong winds. Jomei spent the next few hours after that, trekking through the ice and snow trying to find the owl, which to his luck he did. After then being lost and spending the night out in the blizzard, Jomei made a run for Snowfrost once the storm began to clear up and warmed to somewhere much warmer. For once, Jomei was happy about the extreme heat of the desert. He unquenched his arms to reveal Adere, his owl familiar, who was using the green cloth for warmth. Her eyes opened slowly and Jomei smiled, knowing his friend was alright. He sat back in the bench and closed his eyes, letting the hot sun beat down on his pale, freckled face. 

His resting was interrupted by someone, a girl, who's voice was very familiar.. and one he had not heard for a long time. He opened one of his eyes to look in front of him, to see it was Zandra. He quickly sat up in the bench leaning forward, "Z-Zandra? Hey!" He quickly stood up to meet the girl with a smile on his face. He then crossed his arms and looked down at her, "Where the hell have you been? Its been.. what.. two.. maybe three months?"

Im glad to see you too thank you. She answered him. Where the hell have I been? Where the hell have I not been would be a better quiestion. She sat down on the bench. She didnt told Jomei she was going so she thougth she owed him an explanation at least. I guess I owe you an explnation because I didnt told you when and where I left. I had to spend some time alone. In some way it felt something was missing, and I didnt wanted to bother someone else while I was trying to find out what it was. I guess some people actually would have helped me, even if I didnt asked. She turned her head a little and glanced at him. So I decided to leave alone and hide my location. During my travels Ive seen many beutiful places. Do you remember where we said goodbye to Axios, on floor 4 there is an area looking almost the same, but ofcourse the lake is frozen. One morning I sat there in the sunrise, oh my. She stopped talking and just looking in the air for a minute, remember. Then she returned to reality. Sorry I spaced out a little. Thats pretty much what Ive done. Seen alot of places. Now I was on the way back to floor 2 to my mobile lab. I realised that what I was missing. I miss nothing. I just hadnt realised that I now have friends. So I went back. And now I want to spend as much time I can with the other play... peoples in this game. Because you never know how long time left. She turned her head looking at him. Thats me, what have you been up to when Ive been the hell somewhere?

Jomei turned his body slightly so he was facing towards Zandra. He listened to her story of why she had been gone for so long, and where she was traveling to. He was surprised he had not run into her in the meantime, being he had done some exploring himself.. he figured she avoided such contact, however. He nodded slowly as she spoke, wishing she would have told him about her whereabouts or that she was at least looking to be alone for awhile. He looked down slightly, "Honestly.. I thought you had died.." the tone in his voice was very low and filled with sadness, "But Im really happy you're okay. And that you're back too." he smiled brightly at her. She ended her story by asking Jomei what he had been up to, mocking his choice of words. He chuckled and scratched at the hairs on his chin, "Well, I've been pretty busy the past few months." he tried to think about everything that had gone down while his friend was gone. "Well, just like you, I did a bit of traveling.. fought a bunch of new monsters and bosses. There was a PvP fighting tournament that I was a part of... Lost a lot more matches than I won." he scratched at the back of his head with a light blush on his face, "B-But I've gotten a lot stronger too.. and got new equipment." he looked down at his choice of attire, which was much more intricate and advanced that his previous coat, it actually looked like it could take a hit from a sword and keep him moving. "Uhh Oh! I'm part of a guild now.. One of the founding members even. The Velvet Room we call ourselves.. A merry little group we are.. not much to us though. I may even be taking part in the next floor boss fight.. to help move us on up to Floor Twelve.." his voice was slightly lower as he spoke about fighting the boss, showing he felt a little bit of fear in doing so. "And you know, almost died a couple places here and there.. but I'm still kicking. Oh! And theres Adere here as well." An owl that was nestled up against his chest popped out from his cloak and slowly hovered up to his shoulder where it perched. 

"Nope, not dead. Im still alive and kickin'."she said with a cheerful voice, smiling towards Jomei, and gave him a very soft kick at his leg. "You realy looks much stronger now. I guess you would have kicked my a** pretty easy in that tournament. Im not that much stronger then when I left, but I have much better gear, well now I have gear that makes a ifferene." She looked a the bird."Ive herdher is a realyard quest you must do t ge s pet right? A guild you say, is it possible to join your ranks? Ive been thinkng about the boss fight as well. Maybe cant o that much a dfference but Im building up a storage with party heal crystals. Could be some kind of healer." I realy want to be of help. I didnt got much training when I was gone. Well, just have to wor harder to catch up on you guys." 

Jomei smiled when she mentioned he looked stronger. Thats what made him happy, that his hard work was actually noticed by others rather than only known to himself. "Honestly, after you, Ahti, and Skylar disappeared.. Just after Axios' death, I took it upon myself to train nonstop to keep all of my friends from getting killed. I was not sure what had happened to you guys and it had really hit me honestly." He looked up at the sky, wondering what ever happened to the other two he mentioned. Jomei looked up to the owl on his shoulder, "Aye, it was a tough quest. Had to spend a night out in the woods and almost ran into a group of PKers.. But I got lucky. And it was worth it." He scratched the bird on the side of her head, and she showed approval. "You wish the join us in The Velvet Room you say? Hm.. I mean, im not the leader.. We have a council that decides these things, despite me being on said council..." He smiled at her, "But ill be sure to run it by Lowenthal and give you a good word."

Jomei listened to Zandra speak about how she wishes she could help with the boss fight, to which he stayed silent. Not that he thought she was not strong enough.. He just did not want to see anything happen to her, even after her saying she needed more training. "..so anyways, what were you doing out here on Floor Five?"

"Like I said before I was just exploring." She moved a little on the bench to make it more comfortable."My butt are sleeping, not very comfotable." She moved a little more to find the right spot."well what heck, I guess this game gives us more pain when fighting monsters, just have to bare with it."she stopped moving and continued"Anyhow, while I was exploring I got cought up in a sandstorm. I dont know if its same in SAO like in the real world. All those sirvival programs on TV." She looked at him to see if he knew what she men. Looks like he did, otherwise he could just ask. "So luckily I found shelter before its reached its peak at a cave wntrance. As you should not explore caves not marked on the map. Ive herd there is one on floor one, or was it two?"she paused for a bit."Well it dosent matter. But that cave had level 20 monsters. If was lucky, I could kill one. But  I would be close to death. So I waited. But after a few hours, I was so bored, had sorted my inventor a dozen times. So I walked inside. It quikly turnd darker and I herd strange sounds. So I tuned around and when I came to the entrance, the storm had calmed down. So I headed back to the town. When I reached the plaza, I saw you, and thats it."she turned her head and looked at him, leaning her back on the wall behind her.

Jomei listened to his friend talk again. He was honestly happy to see her again and that she did not end up dead. It really helped put a piece of his mind at ease. She went on to mention her current situation; finding an interesting cave out in the desert, only to be stopped by a sandstorm and higher leveled monsters. His lips curved into an excited smirk when she mentioned what sounded like a fun adventure for him. "Well then, I guess we are going to have to go find that cave again. What do you think? For old times sake." He grinned at her. He stood up from the bench and stood in front of Zandra, the green cloak draped around his shoulders falling in place behind him.

Sure why not. She also stood up. For old times sake. She nodded at him. Well, in my lab I have some health potions, could be good to bring them. Just in case. Wait here, I'll be back in aminute. She ran to the warp gate and teleported to floor two. A few minutes later she was back. There, I had no potions left, but I got us three crystals each. One party heal, one tier 1 heal and one tier 2 heal. She gave Jomei three sparkling red crystals. Seemed like Jomei already had his gear equiped. Looks like you already to go, I shall just put on my gear too. Zandra opened her inventory and equiped her. She must look kinda weird with heavy metal armour in this climate. But if you looked closer on it, it gives a faint blue shine, and if you look realy close you could see a thin layer of smoke surrounding it, like when you just have taken something out of the freezer. Thou please dont use the crystal unless you need to. After all, its what I live on. She didnt wanted to risk any of their lives of course. But it was almost all she had in stock so she didnt wanted them to use them unless they realy needed to.She pointed out in the desert to the west. The entrance to cave lies there somewhere. Shall we go?

Zandra stood from the bench and hurried past Jomei, after mentioning she had extra healing crystals the two could use in case they ran into any problems. Jomei found a nice wall to lean against as he waited for his friend to return. He crossed his arms and began to think about how long it really had been since he had seen her. It must have been at least two months.. when he fought the Queen Wind Wasp with her on Floor Two. He was sure she had gotten stronger though, at least with her new gear and all, so with the two of them this journey should not cause any problems. Speaking of gear.. Jomei lifted his hand and poked at the air in front of him, opening the small gray menu box. He moved his fingers around, scrolling through different menus until he found his rapier in his inventory. Tapping on the words "Glaciem Ingis" the blade appeared on his belt in a bright blue light and fell into place. He then looked up to his shoulder to see Adere was still perched there, waiting patiently for the noirette girl to return.

It did not take long for Zandra to appear back through the warp gate and walk up to Jomei's position, handing him three different crystal's used for healing. He nodded and placed the crystals into the inside pockets of his cloak. As he did so, Zandra equipped her armor, which varied much differently from what he had seen her last in. She now donned heavy armor that looked like it could take quite the hit. "With armor like that, I don't even think we will need any of these crystals. But don't worry, I'll try not to use them unless its an emergency." he said with a chuckle. After that, it was time for the two to depart into the desert, and with a nod, Jomei replied to Zandra, "Yeah, lets go." 

The amn and the woman leaved the safe zone in the city and entered the wilderness. It didnt took long before she once again was surrounded with sand in every direction she looked. This virtual world  realy is big. Luckily she had remembered, thou not exactly on the spot where the cave entrance was and had marked it on her map. The weather was realy warm, she could feel it on her unprotected face where she had no armour covering her head. But on the rest of her body her armour gave her a more colder temprature. But not as cold as when they left. She looked at her gauntlet. It no longer had the thin layer of smoke, and the shining was fainter. She glanced at Jomei, he didnt looked affected all. Zandra quikly wiped out the sweat-drops on her forehead with the inside of her gauntlet, only place that wasnt covered with metal. It surley is hot out here, dont you think. How often have you been in this climate before? 

Jomei trudged through the sand following Zandra into the desert. Now that there was no shade from the surrounding buildings, it was much harder to escape from the heat. Lucky for Jomei, he had made many trips to this floor as well as Floow Nine.. with temperatures towering over the ones here. That being said, it was starting to get easier to deal with the heat. But that did not mean he did not feel the sun beating down on his red hair and pale face. Thank God theres no sunburn in this game... he used the back of his hand to wipe some of the sweat off of his forehead. Realizing his heavy cloak was probably making him feel hotter than he should, he brought his hand up to the buckles keeping it together. After un-attaching the cloak, the dropped into the sand behind him, disappearing into a blue light as it was placed into his inventory. Without the cloak, and now wearing just his sleeveless, leather armor, he felt much better. He looked to Zandra, who was probably dying inside of that heavy armor.. but she seemed to be okay. Maybe it had some sort of enchantment like Ahti's did in the cold weather. "This climate? Well, I've made a couple trips up here before, but I've also been up to the Ninth Floor, where theres lava and volcanos everywhere.. When you spend a few nights there, you realize the desert is not that hot." he chuckled. 

Ninth floor? Ive never been there yet, how is it up there? Is it as hot as people says? She said to Jomei. Wonder how long my armour would make it there. she thinked to herself. She would probably have to spend many hours at floor four to get enough cold to last there. That was probably the reason her armour started getting warmer, she havent visited floor four in awhile. But the sun wasnt this hot when she was in the desert yesterday and today before the sandstorm, she could swear on that. The shine became fainter for every minute that passed now. Where is that freakin' cave? Zandra said to herself, it should be here somewhere. Was it all a dream, she was certain it was here. It shall be here somewhere, Im certain of it. She said to Jomei while searching the landscape around them. Then she saw something, but when she looked closer it was only Jomei that released his cloak.

LD: 3+1=4

Edited by Zandra Zvift

"Its an interesting place.. pretty cool looking.. a city made pretty much entirely out of metal, suspended by large chains above the lava of a volcano... But .. just imagine your hand over a hot flame.. but only its your entire body... and it feels that way all the time.." he began to sweat more just thinking about the extreme heat of that floor. "But it can be a fun place.. some tough mobs and nice loot to be found." Jomei scanned his surroundings for anything that looked like a cave. Sand.. sand for miles.. thats all he could see. Not even any sand dunes that could be mistaken for a cave.. just flat sand..

ID: 29330
LD: 7

Edited by Jomei

Oh my, is it so hot? I dont think I will go there then, even if the loot is good. Back in the real world. She liked mentioning the real world from time to time. It made it easier to remember that they are humans, and there is a world outside the game. I was one of those that use fans and aircontition alot. And Im not that big of a fan to go bathing in Cyprus or other hot southern countries. What kind of person was you in the real world? It would be fun to learn more about my friend. She looked at him and smiled, when she felt a drop of sweat on her forehead, she wiped it off with her hand and continued the move so it looked like she just moved her hair out of the face and behind her ear. She took a quick scan of the area but still no trace of the entrance. They better find it quick or her armour would give up. Barely any shine left at all.

LD: 10+1=11

Edited by Zandra Zvift

"Well, it was always slightly cooler in my home country.. being further up north. But then when I moved to Japan, the weather was always slightly warmer. I got somewhat used to the hotter weather, but being a pale ginger like myself.. the sun is not a very good friend of mine." he laughed, thinking about the many times he had gotten sunburnt on days during the summer when he would go to the beach.. or even if he was outside for too long. "Lucky for me, it doesn't seem like I will have that same problem in this world. So I'm quite thankful for that." Despite not feeling the pain of sunburn, he still felt his skin singing from the heat of the sun, making his body hot and sweaty. He ran his hand through his hair, pushing the long bangs that fell in front of his eye back and he held it there. He groaned, "But if we don't find this cave soon.. I may have to change my answer..." 

ID: 29528
LD: 6

Edited by Jomei

''Im kind of the opposite. I can be in the sun without getting sunburned for hours.'' she said to Jomei when he mentioned the downside of beeing a 'pale ginger.''But I like you anyway.'' she added and winked at him. ''Another good thing with the game then.'' She said to him. The last faint shine had now left her armour and it started getting hotter instead. Just like any normal armour would do. The heat got more and more punishing for every minute that passed. They realy must find that cave soon. She looked around in each direction. She couldnt see any trace of the cave entrance, only sand, sand and sand. ''Where is that freakin' cave entrance, Im sure it was here, was it all a dream?''

ID:29684 LD:8+1=9

Edited by Zandra Zvift

"Well then.." he chuckled, and spoke in a sarcastic manner, "I am happy I satisfy your likings." he smiled and looked forward, searching again for this 'mysterious cave.' It wasn't that he did not trust Zandra.. he did.. But maybe she was just dreaming things.. or saw a mirage. If it was this far out in the desert, there is the possibility of her feeling exhausted or even dehydrated, causing her to have such hallucinations. He let out a sigh as he slowed his pace, "Zandra.. Are you sure you found a cave? Are you sure it wasn't a mirage..?" he spoke softly and cautiously, hoping he would not offend the girl in any way. Despite, might as well keep looking. Just because there was a possibility of her imagining the whole thing, it did not rule out that it really did exist.

ID: 29768
LD: 9 

Edited by Jomei

It seemed like the sun had no plans to turn down the heat, and there wasnt a single cloud as far as you could see. She realy started to doupt herself. Could it be what Jomei said, that it was just a mirage? But she couldnt let Jomei think she was wrong, then the whole trip would be wasted, and this far it havent been a very pleasant travel.''A mirage? You think I cant see a difference on a real cave and a mirage.'' She had to keep the hope up for him, even if it had started to abandon her.''Im 100% its was real.'' Suddenly it got harder to breath.''It should be right... behund that... dune...'' she took some deep breaths before she continued.''over there...'' she pointed straigth forward. She, took a quick look at Jomei. It didnt seemed he could see it.''There... you.. dont... see... the rocks point up?'' she got a huge relief, but wait, was this a mirage too. She looked at the stones again, and it was still there. Now when she saw the goal of their travel she straightened her back a little and tried to breath normal again.

ID:29799 LD:15+1=16

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Jomei let out a sigh as Zandra quickly rebottled, defending herself saying she knew it had to be real. "Alright lass, I believe you.. I just hope we find it soon enough." He slowly spun his body around, looking in all directions for some sort of indication of a cave, or mountain.. anything out of the ordinary. But his eyes were failing him. They had been traveling for quite awhile, and he was beginning to feel exhausted himself. He noticed Zandra seemed a little bit more frantic in trying to find this cave, as well as the sweat accumulating on her head.. maybe wearing heavy armor into the desert was not the greatest ideas for her. He thought.. it would be for the best if the two head back to town, and planned this out a bit better with more provisions.. "Zandra.. I-" Just as he was about to make his suggestion, he saw her stop and straighten out her back, staring in one direction. Jomei stopped next to her and looked off the same way, noticing a rock formation peaking out from just over the sand dunes. "Well.. I'll be damned. Guess that'd be the place huh?"