[OP-F2] Hunting for Ore

Throughout the most populated areas of the Town of Beginnings there were fliers tacked up onto walls, poles, posted on windows, that would draw the attention of those who wish to come onto a small quest.

The following message was placed under the big, bright words ATTENTION: "I, Darius Verand, welcome you to join me into coming along to Floor 2 to help search for ores within the many caves that dot the Floor. Undoubtedly, there will be monsters. If you come, you will be entitled to all of the experience and gold we earn from slaying the monsters, as well as the individual loot drops you will get. Know this; however, I will be keeping all of the ore we find within caves. I will wait by the teleporter within the Town of Beginnings every morning at 6 AM for an hour. When we have a party that i deem fit for our quest, we will set out."

Darius had posted them around the town to try to gather enough people so that he would not be in danger within the caves and the unknown things within them. Darius now arrived at the teleporter precisely at 6 AM, seeing if anyone had arrived early or if he was the first one there.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith read one of the many fliers that had appeared all over the town. "An adventure? Well, I might as well." He slid down his map and set a waypoint to the teleporter in the town, making his way to the one who made promises of the adventure.

Darius entered the courtyard where the teleporter was located. There was a miniscule amount of people around as it was so early in the morning. The sun was just starting to come up and shed a bright orange light onto the Town of Beginnings. He looked around towards the few people standing around then went and sat on a bench, taking out a flier and placing on the open part of the backrest of the bench next to him to show he was the quest giver. Crossing his arms, he waited for people to show up.

Haine was walking by casually. On her way to apparently nowhere, she spotted a flier and the letters in bold red had caught her eye. "ATTENTION," it read. "Zombies?" she mentally thought in a sarcastic manner before she started to actually read the poster.

"Adventure for oar? Awesome!! I am always up for something fun!!" the bluenette squealed excitedly as she grabbed a flier and continued walking.

"Teleport to where?" she questioned and then nodded when she read the place to meet up at.

She sighed and made her way to her desired destination, Yue patiently following behind her.

When she arrived she stood still in one place and could only look at her surroundings curiously.

As Darius was looking around, waiting patiently for people to come, he saw a girl walk into the courtyard holding one of his fliers in her hand. He called out to her, "Hey you, blue haired girl. You're here for the quest?" Darius said from the sitting position. His face looked like it was even emotioned, not being too positive or too negative.

[brief description of appearance: Darius Verand, standing at 5'11", masculine stature, high and tight dirty blond hair, sky blue eyes. His equipment was a mace and buckler, with a short sleeved brown button-up shirt with white trim, a pair of black pants, and a pair of brown boots. He now had a hard, dark brown leather vest on over his shirt, and some dark brown leather elbow- and knee-pads.]

Darius would nod to himself. One wasn't enough though. He simply waved her over. He needed more though.

As if in answer, another person came up and tapped his shoulder asking if he was the quest giver. Darius stood, extending his hand to the guy. "As a matter of fact I am. My name is Darius Verand." Darius eyed the guy up and down to see if he could judge whether the guy looked even remotely good at the game; Darius' face being neutral the entire time.

Keith turned a corner and saw the teleporter with three figures standing around it. Two of them seemed unfamiliar, but he didi recognize one, "Yo Haine! Long time no see!" Keith jogged over to the group and gave a smile to them. "So, is this the ore expedition group?"

"Good man." Darius nodded to him before turning to the girl. "And how about you, Miss Beast Tamer? I'm sure you're ready to help." He held out his hand to her too, eyeing her up and down to see if she looked any good. His neutral face showed little emotion to either of them now.

As the new figure jogged over to them, Darius only look at him briefly, simply answering, "Why yes, it is. With this, we should be able to go on our expedition," before going back to looking at the girl, waiting to see if she shook his hand.

Darius looked to be around 18. [Hint hint. I would like to know your character's ages for the sake of immersion.]

Since the girl did not shake his hand he simply turned to the new arrival, holding the hand that was left hanging out to him to shake. He looked the new arrival up and down with a neutral look to see if he looked any good. "I am Darius Verand, the quest giver. It is nice to meet you, and with your addition, we will be able to go out and look for the necessary ore," he said with a neutral face, his hand extended to be shook.

"I, as a matter of fact, am not. I need it to give to a smith to forge heavy armor. You can't be a damage sponge without a ton of armor, literally, a ton." Darius showed the first, small, sign of emotion; a simple smirk at his own comment.

"We will head out momentarily as a matter of fact. We are going to the mountainous region in Floor 2. I scouted it earlier by myself and found a cave. Hopefully it's got ore in it because I know it has monsters in it. You could hear them from outside. I just need to add you all to a party and then we can depart." Darius looked down, swiping his hand through the air and opening the menu, inviting the three to a party with him. Afterwards he looked up, a small twinkle of determination in his eyes.