[OP-F2] Hunting for Ore

Darius had continued walking on, the neutral expression glued to his face as he listened to the others' idle chit-chat. He was still contemplating the fight, and how useless he had been. Something deep inside of him didn't like partying up will all these people. He wanted to kill everything for himself; or at least most of it. He was brought out of his thoughts by his map popping up, pinging that they had reached their destination. He turned to exactly where the entrance was. "The entrance is only big enough to squeeze in one at a time, but farther in it widens out so we can all spread out," Darius said eyeing up the entrance. Something was different from the last time he was here, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

He turned to the party, opening his inventory. He sent all of them two torches each, make from a stick from the surrounding forest, cloth, and tree sap. "It was dark the last time, so I am guessing it will be dark this time." He turned back around and headed into the entrance, shoulders hunched, knees bent, as he squeezed through the rather small entrance.

[Haine won't be on until 4-8. I would like to wait for her since she hasn't done much in the RP yet and I feel bad for not fully including her. The only part that sucks is that Daeron isn't online until after Haine gets off.]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haine grasped onto Yue tnd used her poor familiar as if it was a stuffed toy. She wanted a hug -3-

Then she immediately threw Yue to the ground and lit a torch of fire. She continued walking as she silently peered into the warm light the torch had made. "Heehee!" she giggled out loud before getting ahold of herself and shutting up.

Haine had lit her torch right about the time the last vestiges of light from the entrance were disappearing. It was about thirty seconds before they came out of the small opening and into an antechamber, tall enough to comfortably stand in. There was a decent sized tunnel, enough to fit two people shoulder to shoulder in that led at a downward slope.

Darius lit one of his own torches, which he had easily twice the amount the rest did, and rolled it down the slope. The sap from the trees was flammable and hard to extinguish. As it rolled down the slope it revealed a few normal sized bats, which opened their eyes and fluttered backwards, deeper into darkness. The torch had finally reached the end of the slope, and revealed the back-end of something humanoid that was waddling away swiftly. "Stay ready," Darius said as he slowly moved down the slope.

Daeron thought of lighting one of his torches, but thought he should conserve it for when it's needed the most. Daeron seemed unsure about this place, as if a trap was about to go off. However, with the group moving on, so did he.

[Continue on without me. Just act as if i'm there. I'll try to be on as much as i can]

Darius slowly went down the slope, being cautious because of the sight of the humanoid figure. He had seen nothing when the torch rolled down the slope, so he walked its relative darkness until he reached the bottom of the slope to the torch, where the tunnel veered off to the left, where it turned left again. He looked behind him to make sure everyone was still following.

Daeron fell behind a big, but managed to catch up to Darius and the group. He felt uneasy about being in this place. Something just didn't seem right at all. It was very conspicuous. "Are you sure you know where you're going?" he continued to look around using the light that radiated from Darius' torch.

Keith followed the rest of the group. He quitely whistled while they moved on through the tight space, he yawned and looked up at the roof of the cave. "Hey guys, don't you think it's a little weird how we haven't found any ore yet? I thought we would have found some forever ago..."

Darius led the group around the second bend to the left, his torch lighting the way. He could see a dim light coming from a right turn about one hundred feet down the tunnel. "Shhh," he hissed at the others, indicating the light ahead. He led the group towards it, extinguishing the torch before rounding the corner.

Darius scowled at what he saw next. A large cavern opened up, revealing a small group of eight goblins going about mining every bit of ore around the cavern with picks, crude weapons at their sides. It seemed they were stacking all of it in a cart in front of a carved seat in the cavern wall, where a troll sat, his large, warty head resting on his fist, a large club in his other hand [Going for trolls that look like Trundle from LoL].

Darius looked at the rest of the party, eyeing them critically. He believed they could take the trolls out, plus he needed the ore that they were hoarding; and then the ore that was still in the walls around the cavern. He nodded to the rest of the party, indicating that they would the trolls. He rounded the corner, entering the dimly lit cavern.

The boss troll, slightly bigger than the rest, noticed them as they entered. He gave a loud grunt, the goblins turning to notice the party as they entered. It appeared that they were a slightly higher level, being level 3, and the appropriate guardians to the stash of ore that rested in front of the head troll, who was level 5.

The fight began.

[Guys, thought you should know, it is eight goblins and one troll. The troll is a mini-boss that protects the ore, a secret loot stash that will be exhausted after we take it. The goblins are going to be clumsy and rather unskilled, but the troll will be tall, broad, strong, and slow. It dishes out lots of damage at the cost of speed with its club.]

Keith unsheathed his sword and smirked. "You can count on me, this troll isn't as scary as a spider, but he certaintly is more ugly." The troll snarled and raised his club while charging at Keith. Keith rolled his eyes and ran at him with his sword too. "You mad bro?"