[F5] Butcher vs Butchers (Ssendom + Mack + Teayre + Takao)

Ssendom warped in to the 5th floor after taking down the Iron Guardian with a rather entertaining party. Ssendom felt rather awful that he didn't treat the others in the party in the best possible way. But he had his attention focused on the snide little man which Ssendom took the life of. This time Ssendom told himself that he would properly address each person and give them a real greeting unlike last time, if they chose to come anyways.

Taking the life of that poor weakling of a man kinda got into the mind of Ssendom, leaving them earlier than he felt he should. Truthfully he wanted to keep his mind preoccupied from overthinking the fact that he was a technical murderer. He didn't mind the feeling of slaying the monsters generated by the game itself, but taking the life of another player meant that he was taking the life of someone in the same manner in the real world. And the thought didn't sit well with him.

Just as last time he chose to sit himself at the entry way toward the direction of the butcher. He hoped that they had a good solid time taking down the Iron Guardian in a small group, that they'd like to join him for the undefeated beast in a somewhat memorable manner of sorts. He sat on an edge for a bit and set a period of time in his mind before he would depart for the grandiose fight.

"I hate this burning hellhole," Mack grumbled, making his way through the town over to the gate where Ssendom was waiting for everyone. "Survival only means that I don't get hurt by environmental status effects. Doesn't make it any less too damned hot," the ginger haired man growled, pulling the gold trimmed crimson hood of his guild cloak up over his head so that at least part of him could be in the shade. Rolling his head around on his neck so that it popped, Mack unslung Invictus from his back and planted the steel butt cap of the weapon on the ground so that he could lean on the weapon while waiting for whoever else was coming to show up. He suspected that Ssendom would have invited Teayre and Takao again as well, but it was anyone's guess.

"Nicely done on the Broker, by the way," the soldier said in a low tone. "There's no place for that kind of backstabbing scum. I don't normally abide pk-ing, but self defense is always a perfectly acceptable reason. Would have done it myself after he attacked you if I hadn't been preoccupied with the Guardian." Pulling up his inventory, Mack extracted a simple bottle of water and began to down the liquid as he joined in the wait for the rest of the group. "I've heard a bit about the Butcher, what do you know about him?"

Passing through the warp gate into the fifth floor felt incredibly similar to walking into out into a hot summer day after being in an air conditioned building. The faint smile he usually wore immediately flat lined and turned to a noticeable frown, while his familiar's expression perked up. It had once called the desert home and was rather fond of the massive sandbox, in contrast to Takao who found the climate to be thoroughly miserable. His current equipment was much more forgiving to the heat however, so his misery wasn't nearly as bad as it had been in the past. "At least I ate before coming here." Takao thought to himself as he trudged through the streets of Armadillo. "I'd hate to die of heat stroke on an empty stomach."

Takao approached the gate and raised his right hand up to wave to the two who had already gathered. "He's a pain," he chimed in at Mack's question. "Fast enough that your evasiveness doesn't matter, strong enough that your armour doesn't matter, and he even dampens the damage you do to him. Plus he doesn't abide by normal hate rules. He just attacks at random." His knowledge of the monster had been mostly exhausted with the two sentences. He stretched his arms skyward and glanced over the two as he cleared his throat. "Oh, and hey."

- -

«Vodka Penne» used. (+3 Damage | -3 Evasion / 1 Thread)

Teayre quickly followed the rest of the group to the fifth floor, she saw Ssendom had positioned himself slightly away from the other players that gathered on this floor. Spotting Takao and Mack next to him the female red head makes her way over to them nodding at Mack and Takao before placing a hand on the armoured boys shoulder pushing him back so that she could look him in the eye.

“Listen to me, don’t for a second feel guilty or sorry for him. I had to pk three people when I went on the Search for Hoya quest, why because they wanted my items. The attacked first and would of killed me either directly or indirectly. It’s the same as if someone puts a gun to your head out there Dom, what do you do? You [censored] survive. That’s all we’re trying to do here, the difference is. We want to get out. Also thanks for those mats the other day, the crafts didn’t go too well though so it’s back to square one with them.”

As the girl finished speaking to Ssendom she looked up smiling at the other two, offering Mack her hand this time. “Guess you’ve earned it Mack.” Her eyes lighting up as she waited for him to grip her hand. After he does (or doesn’t) Teayre mutters something about hating the heat on this floor and wipes some sweat from her brow before offering Takao a fist bump. “From what you’re saying Tak, it’s a dps race. First one to nuke wins. With our damage output we should be fine though.” 

Ssendom felt a hand placed on his shoulder and Teayre began to scold him for reasons unbeknownst to him, "Yeah, I understand survive. If I have to take a life I'll take a life, if I can avoid it I'd rather just do so. I've killed many players already doesn't make the scenario feel any less comfortable." He mentioned to say as she went to take the hand of Mack.

He stood up on his feet, "Now to properly introduce myself since I didn't get to last time. Takao and Teayre slightly know me, and Mack you've had the chance to meet alongside me in combat. The name is Ssendom, Dom for short. I am a Commandant of the Azure Brigade, and one of the Strategy planners for the eleventh floor raiding group. I am also the one who obtained the information along side Oikawa that the Raid Meeting used. It is a pleasure to officially meet the three of you." He offers his hand to Mack as he was the only one whose hand he never took.

"Now it'll take about the same amount of time to get to the Butcher. And ironically, I happened to be the one who came across this and had an Information Broker get me additional details for it. So lets go slaughter the creature I have found." He says not in a cocky attitude, but in a more determined manner. After a moment he chuckles, "This floor heat levels are nothing, haven't you been in Cerberus's chambers. When you start smelling pork and you notice it's your armor literally cooking your skin. Well, that's when things begin to get fun." He says humorously then darts out the gateway, "Lets go make some Crocodile Skin Boots!" He shouts

Before Ssendom could offer up any more information for the boss that they would be dealing with the pair of them were joined by the third member of their motley band of adventurers and Takao was perfectly willing to share up more than enough information on the boss. Mack's grey eyes narrowed and he frowned at the information that Takao was forthcoming with. This did not sound as if it was likely to be all that easy of an encounter. Still, they'd made short work of the Iron Guardian and, therefore, it seemed only logical that they would also make short work of this creature whatever it might have been. "Sounds like a challenge," the red bearded man said, lacing his fingers together as he leaned on Invictus and cracking all of his knuckles as Teayre approached.

"So I'm trustworthy now," the ginger man asked, his massive hand completely engulfing Teayre's much smaller one, though he was careful to avoid completely crushing her digits, shaking her hand with far more gentleness than would have seemed possible from such a large and rough hand. "And you're right, if the last quest is any indicator then we are capable of an astounding amount of DPS." As he was speaking he took Ssendom's offered hand and shook it as well.

"Yes, I think I recall seeing you at the raid planning meeting," Mack allowed. "I've met a fair number of you Azure Brigade members now. Tristan, Kiru, and you Dom. As for the ninth floor, been there and done that. It's worse than here, but only just. Is there any way we could chuck a teleport crystal at the boss here and get him down to the fourth floor? I'm sure that would be preferable to being in the desert," Mack groused as he followed Ssendom out the town's main gate.

A grimace grew on Takao's face at the mention of the cavern that the Cerberus resided in. If it wasn't the heat that brought back unpleasant memories, it was his almost plummeting into the rivers of lava that'd do it. He shook the thoughts from his head and huffed out a breath of relief. "That's why I like light armour." Takao said as he glanced down at his green coloured clothing. It wasn't the lightest around, and certainly not the most breathable, but it was much more suited for the warmer temperatures than his old armour. He raised his glove-clad hand and returned Teayre's bump as a smile returned to his face.

"Seems like it. I've got plenty of crystals if we get unlucky, so... y'know. Let's try not to get unlucky, I'd like to save 'em for the boss fight if I can." said Takao. His more powerful crystals would have no problems with saving one of them if they needed it. His way of prioritizing things meant that he'd use the healing items in a heartbeat if he had to, as it was much more important for them to stay alive than it was for said items to still be in his possession for the raid.

Ssendom took off out of the gates in what Takao assumed was the direction of the Butcher, and Mack followed suit soon after. "Even if it was possible, I don't think droppin' him in on Snowfrost would be a very good idea." he said as he took off after them, quickly matching their pace. Surely subjecting both the players and resident NPCs would be terrible, and on top of that, he really didn't fare much better in the wintry floor's cold than he did on the desert and volcanic floors' heat.

OC: Sorry for short post my mind was frazzled.

Ssendom seemed to take her words to heart, looking back over at him she simply states a few words. “It’s in the past.” Making sure her katana is set securely in its sheathe Teayre steps forwards out the gateway following the metal tin can, her fellow red head who she was sure came from somewhere in the northern parts of the United Kingdom and a man who dressed like robin hood. Chuckling to herself she smiles. “Well let’s get a move on then, before the boss raid starts.”

(OC: Moving us ahead to the boss just as we had done in the Iron Guardian quest thread.)

After a good day and a half run, and their standard break they took last time. They had arrived at the Colosseum of the Sands, in the dead center of the zone was just a giant mass of sand with a few broken pillars protruding from the ground. This time Ssendom was refreshed and ready, He managed to get sleep that night since his attention wasn't placed on some rat that could murder them in their sleep. Staring over the massive zone, "Well, here lies the hardest quest boss we have so far come to face. Our objective is to output as much damage as fast as we possibly can to eviscerate this walking pair of a boots." He chimed with glee and vigor in his voice, his level of excitement was sitting at an all time high.

He looked over his equipment one last time before putting away his HUD as he wished to preserve everything he had in consumables till the boss fight itself, he turned to look at them. "Now lets go skin us an Alligator!" He shouted as he rushed forward hopping down from spiky ledge to spiky ledge until he reached the bottom of the pit. He walked forward toward the center of the zone alongside his allies. A Quest menu popped up in front of everyone stating that they were unable to leave the arena except by teleport crystal. When Ssendom pressed yes the message changed in front of the other three into the word, ACCEPTED. After a moment from pressing it a Giant Armor Crocodile with a Half Circle Blade stood in front of them. The blade itself stood as tall as the 15 foot monstrosity giving the blade insane reach with 3 handles to grip from.

It looked at the group then roar, "WHOSE NEXT ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK!" In a vicious and savage warcry. Then charged forward to the group, the beast focusing in on Mack during it's rush. As it brought it's massive blade down, Ssendom used as much power was in his arms to knock the blade away as he spun and stabbed the beast into it's gut. Then the beast looked at Ssendom and grinned, which Ssendom complied and grinned with as well. This fight was worth all the hype.

-------------------------------

ID: 33736

BD: 7 + 3 = Hit)

MD: 3 = Miss

LD: 13 (Ssendom 1-5, Teayre 6-10, Mack 11-15, Takao 16-20)

-------------------------------

Sando Satsu: 322/350 -28(48) 20 MIT | 40 DMG | Ignores Mitigation and Evasion,

Ssendom: 106/106 | 8 DMG | 19/24 Energy -5

Edited by Ssendom

OOC: -2 Matriarch's Stinger, -1 Venom, -1 Bloodberry Ice Cream

"Hang on a second," Mack called to Ssendom as they approached the arena. Pulling up his inventory, Mack extracted two copies of the same item. The Matriarch's Stinger. "Takao, Teayre, catch," the gigantic man called, tossing a stinger to each of them. Then he removed a venom item from his storage and applied it to his axe. For this fight, at least, Invictus would act like a powered up version of his old bearded axe Guillotine. Scrolling through once more, Mack found a food item. Ice cream of all things, and materializing it in his hands the massive red-head all but inhaled the treat before the sun had a chance to melt it as, he assumed, the other two applied the Matriarch's poison to their own weapons. No reason not to play things safe, especially since he knew he wouldn't be able to use everything he had on the boss fight coming up. "Ready." For one fight, at least, Mack would be the statistical equal to the rest of the party.

ID: 33748
BD: 8 (6+2)
Ssendom: 106/106 (Energy: 19/24)
Mack: 112/112 (Energy: 16/23)
Takao: 121/121 (Energy: 29/29)
Teayre: 114/114 (Energy: 26/26)
Sando Satsu: 286/350 -36 Dam. Mit. 20 | 40 DMG | Ignores Mitigation and Evasion
Sword Art: Crescent Avalanche (7x1x8 = 56 Dam., -7 Energy)

"Damn," the burly blacksmith grunted, already being in motion as the massive gator-like creature swung his weapon at him first. Of course it would go after the lowest level player. That just made sound tactical sense after all. Rolling to the side, Mack heard the clang of metal on metal as Ssendom also did his part to deflect the attack. "My turn," Mack growled, grey eyes blazing as he charged into the beast that was so large it made the beefy smith look tiny. Barreling into the gator, Mack slammed his shoulder into the creature which really had very little effect. However, any beast will notice when you lodge a bearded axe in the dead center of its skull right between the eyes. Tearing Invictus free, Mack swung it laterally across his body, but the glaive that Sando Satsu was wielding was there to knock the third strike aside. Reversing his grip, Mack slammed the butt cap of the axe into the gator's chin and, which the beast's armor absorbed some of the fourth strike a portion of the damage still got through. Shifting his hands so that his right fist would be protected by the axe head's beard, Mack threw up his fist to deflect an incoming punch and the bladed head knifed easily into Sando Satsu's unprotected hand. Dropping his hands again, the red-headed man tomahawked his blade over his head and slammed it into the boss' head yet again, ripping it clean through before swinging a horizontal blow into the armored creature's chin with enough force to snap its head around before dodging clear so Takao and Teayre could get in to attack as well.

Takao reached out and caught the object as it was thrown his way. After a brief examination, he glanced back up at Mack again and tossed it back. "I'm already buffed for this, so I'm good." he said, not wanting to interfere with the buffs that currently floated beneath his health gauge. A quick glance to his familiar was all it took for the small monster to hop off his shoulders and scurry off to watch from a safe distance. With the item returned, Takao reached over his shoulder and pulled the slender blade free of its scabbard. He rolled his wrist and twirled the sword in his grasp for no reason other than habit. "Alright- It's showtime!" A slight grin grew on his face as Ssendom accepted the quest and summoned the beast.

Using the large monster's preoccupied state as it struck out at Mack, Takao quickly sprinted to the beast's flank. His boots kicked up sand as he slid to a stop and fell into a specific stance, his blade held behind his body and poised in such a way that the metal began to glow pale blue. In the seconds that followed, Takao leapt forward under the system's guidance, and his blade was carried through an elaborate set of strikes that decorated the reptilian monster's body with large gashes. He finished with a full spin that carried his blade from the monster's right shoulder blade down to where he suspected its left kidney to be located, inflicting a state of momentary paralysis over the monster. Takao landed heavily on his feet and huffed out a breath. "Alright, it's stunned!" Takao called out, informing the rest of the group of the monster's dazed state.

- -

» ID : [[ 33750 ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (7 + 3(ACC)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 121/121 HP ]]
[[ 16/29 Energy ]] 
«Nova Ascension» used. (-13 Energy)

« Sando Satsu » *STUNNED*
[[ 189/350 HP ]] [[ 13(DMG) * (9*1) - 20(MIT) = -97HP ]]

ID: 33780 BD: 9 [+1 Crit DMG, Bleed Activated]

Teayre reaches a hand up catching the vial Mack threw at her. Applying it to her blade she crouches down taking a couple of deep breaths before activating her <Charge> skill. The Oikawa kanashiki began to glow a deep purple as she drew the sword the system taking hold of her as she darted from left to right. Her katana slashing at each of the Sando Satsu’s four limbs before Teayre leapt into the air and cut vertically down his body. “Dom! You’re up!” She calls her eyes watching as the wounds on the arms and legs remain open, dripping.

Teayre: 130/130 Energy: 20/30 (10 Used) SA: San Ge

Sando Satsu:

HP: 89/350 ((9 +1 Crit + 1 Charge + 1 Stinger) * 10 – 20) = 100 DMG [Bleed Activated, 2/2 Turns Remaining]

Edited by Teayre

Ssendom stared at the massive beast that was unable to move. He stood there with an unsatisfied face, "This was suppose to be a challenge for us? There was more difficulty with the sand shark over fifteen levels ago having to carry someone who was unable to assist in the battle." He stated in a furious tone. He lifted his blade to swung it right into the exposed skin of the beast, "This is ridiculously easy. Sorry to bring you all to something that wasn't worth it's weight in time and effort." He apologized, his tempered attitude hadn't yet dissipated.

The beast turned to look at Teayre trying to force it's body to move that was unwilling to co-operate, but before it could turn it's head completely, Ssendom's blade jabbed right into the stomach of the beast causing it's gashes that Teayre made to hemorrhage even more. The beasts eyes got even larger and redder, it's scales became thicker and it's body became burlier. It roared ferociously, the sands began to pick up around the beasts incredible increase and size and circle around the arena making it all the more difficult to see. It shifted it's blade into the other hand and planted it into the ground, towering over the players even more than before.

----------------------

ID: 33853

BD: 6 + 3 = Hit

MD: 3 (No Longer Stunned)

LD: 9 (Teayre)

----------------------

Sando Satsu: 61/350 -28(48) 20 (Now 30) MIT | 40 (Now 50) DMG | Ignores Mitigation and Evasion,

Ssendom: 106/106 | 8 DMG | 15/24 Energy -5 + 1 Regen

ID: 33866
BD: 8 (6+2)
Ssendom: 106/106 (Energy: 15/24)
Mack: 112/112 (Energy: 10/23)
Takao: 121/121 (Energy: 16/29)
Teayre: 114/114 (Energy: 20/26)
Sando Satsu: 35/350 -26 Dam. Mit. 30 | 50 DMG | Ignores Mitigation and Evasion
Sword Art: Crescent Avalanche (7x1x8 = 56 Dam., -7 Energy)

"If you think it's a waste, Dom, I have plenty of low level Blades that would give their right hands for any armor item that this beast drops," Mack called in an almost conversational tone to Ssendom as he worked his way behind the massive gator. The truth was that there were plenty of Crimson Blades that could use the armor item and, if none of them wanted it then the red-headed blacksmith would ensure that the item found its way into the hands of another low level player that would be able to make good use of it. "Now, if you'll excuse me." 

Sprinting forward, Mack went soaring through the air and landed in the middle of Sando Satsu's back, Invictus glittering in his hands a second before he buried the blade deep in the beast's back. With one hand wrapped around the gator's neck, Mack latched on and began raining punching blows with Invictus to the back of the monster's head. "I will break this beast, and then it will be my mighty war mount as the Crimson Blades conquer all of the Tower and free everyone," the Grandmaster called down to everyone from Sando Satsu's back as the beast bucked wildly, eventually reaching back and plucking the man from his as easily as he might flick a mosquito away while tearing the axe from its back at the same time as Mack wasn't about to let go of the weapon as he was flung across the arena, rolling over several times before coming to a stop.

Edited by Mack

Takao straightened his posture while the others set about attacking the immobilized monster. Each of them landed a fair deal of attacks, and Mack had even opted to climbing onto the monster's back after the beast doubled in size. With a quirked eyebrow, Takao chuckled lightly and shook his head. "Americans." was muttered under his breath before Mack was flung off and sent tumbling across the sand. A low toned whistle escaped from his lungs as he turned his attention back to their quarry. Its health was low, but judging from Mack's strike something had changed in regards to how it dampened damage. He didn't have time to do any math in his head and judge exactly how much damage needed to be done, so he relied on his gut for selecting a sword art. His blade flashed yellow upon being held out to his right side, and the light grew to double the sword's length as the system took over. Takao kicked off the ground and thrust both the extended light as well as the blade through Sando Satsu. Despite the increase in mitigation that dampened the damage, it proved powerful enough to reduce the beast's health to zero. It froze, shuddered and flickered, then finally burst into a massive collection of colourful data fragments. The weaker sword art provided a much shorter period of post-motion rigidity, which allowed Takao to stand up straight nearly immediately after the monster had been banished to oblivion. He turned his attention sideways to where Mack had been thrown, and raised his left hand to his mouth before calling out to him. "Hey Mack! Y'alright?"

- -

» ID : [[ 33872 ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (8 + 3(ACC)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 121/121 HP ]]
[[ 12/29 Energy ]] 
«Vorpal Strike» used. (-5 Energy)

« Sando Satsu »
[[ 0/350 HP ]] [[ 13(DMG) * (5*1) - 30(MIT) = -35HP ]]

As the oversized creature turned towards her Teayre she smiles at hit putting a hand on her hip, before resting the Oikawa Kanashiki on her shoulder. Chuckling to herself as Ssendom ranted about the field boss barely being worth their time, Teayre looked at him. “What did you expect from something on Floor five Dom? Besides even though it’s easy the xp from it will definitely be useful!” Smirking to herself as Mack charges in, “How do ya know it’s an armour item Mack, not a beater are you?” She calls after the red head jokingly as he was tossed to one side Teayre sends the man a side long glance. “You really couldn’t ride that thing? That bucking really isn’t that bad you know.” Teayre blushed before watching Takao dive in.

Raising her shoulder quickly she brings the Oikawa Kanashiki back down into a ready position the weapon beginning to glow purple as the purple bursts into bright crystals. Standing up Teayre deactivates her Sword Art before it fully takes hold. “Good job there Tak,” Smiling she sits down in the sand leaning back her hands running through it. “You know, if there was a bit of water here a sandcastle building competition would be great.”

Ssendom lifted his Two-Handed Greatsword Dusk Reaver up high above his head before letting it flip and slid neatly into place in it's scabbard. He leaned back on his right leg as it was firmly planted in the ground, then let his fingers weave inbetween the armored plates of each other as a Dialogue box opened up asking him what he would like the reward to be since he was the designated party leader. He turned to Mack, "Ya'know I would have had implications of him being a beta tester if there hadn't been this other option for a weapon." He jokingly said with a chuckle, "Alright Mack you can have the reward, Any weapon of your choice or which armor type. Though the looks are relatively the same, Sandstone looking metal or a tan colored cloak for choices. Just make sure It gets in the hands of someone who needs it, give it away or sell it and keep the proceeds." He says with a stern yet not so completely obvious cocky tone, he gave them all the sense he was doing fairly well with his equipment and col gaining that he seemingly had no worry for either of them.

(Sorry on phone still.)

"I'm fine," Mack grumbled, rolling over and pushing himself back to his feet. Had it not been a digital world the beefy red-headed man might have even been spitting out a dislodged tooth. Luckily for him, apparently, Kayaba hadn't thought to program in a tooth removal option as a result of combat. Small blessings. Turning his head to the side, Mack looked in the direction that Sando Satsu should have been in, but the massive gator was gone. No doubt, Takao had eliminated the beast. Not for the first time, the ginger headed Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades wished Takao would reconsider and join up with his guild.

"Can't believe you killed my faithless steed. Teayre, you should make him pay for that," the axe-man said in a wry tone, sheathing his axe at his back and turning his attention to Ssendom as the party leader began to speak. "And with the obvious emphasis that Sando Satsu has on armor, I rather assumed he would drop an armor item." The Guildmaster considered his options for a moment before making up his mind. "Let's go with the light armor option, the Blades' armory has a ton of heavy armor, but we're light on the light. If you'll pardon the pun."

A lighthearted laugh built up in Takao's chest as his arm swung upward and guided his sword to the scabbard on his back. "I don't think it was cool with bein' ridden, man. You were fightin' a losing battle there." he said amidst his chuckling as he rolled his head across his shoulders. Shortly after the monster's defeat, the small red dragon-like monster that Takao had come to know as his familiar came scurrying over a sand dune, having watched the battle from afar. The monster hopped up onto Takao's shoulder immediately after skidding to a stop beside him, and earned itself a brief head scratch. "So that's it then. Should we start heading back to Armadillo now?" said Takao as he cast his gaze over the three following Mack's decision.

OC: Sorry for taking so long to post guys.

Chuckling as Ssendom commented on her observation about Mack. “Yeah, I guess so.” Her foot kicked up some of the sand. As she listened to the conversation going on within the group. “Huh? Your steed Mack? I’m sure you’re more likely to be someone’s steed. Being all burly with all that hair.” Giggling and giving her fellow red head a sly wink Teayre stretches her arms up. As she brought her hands behind her head she nodded over at Takao, “Let’s make our way back, I can do with a drink. The heat here doesn’t affect me but it’s still annoying.”