PP - F13 Salvation vs. Corruption <<The Falling of Tagas>> (Teayre, Ariel, Zandra, Oikawa) (Completed)

In a flash of light Calrex appeared once again on the newly opened thirteenth floor with a small sigh as his teleportation sequence completed. Scanning the area the soon-becoming familiar graveyard setting he swiped on his menu as he made sure all of his gear was equipped, "Looks like a new quest was just discovered by the info brokers, fighting something called Tagas. This somehow reminds me of the eleventh floor boss, the Forsaken Crusader, heh. In any case this thing supposedly hits pretty hard, at least if the battle progresses the way I'm figuring. Let's see..."

Swiping on his menu he pulled up a private message as he sent it out to three individuals: Teayre, Ariel, and Zandra. "With Teayre's new unique skill she hits pretty hard, most harder than I can even with my Meteor Break. That'll likely be needed once the battle shifts, as it gives less of a chance of any of us sustaining huge amounts of damage. I'll play the tanking role as usual, since I just recently grandmastered my armor and can endure the most damage. Ariel's rapier skill also has a high damage output, plus she's got enough mitigation to serve as a secondary tank. Zandra is focusing on support and healing, which I have a feeling will be a necessary point in this battle to ensure we survive."

Sending out the message he gave a small sigh as he crossed his arms and began to wait for his teammates to arrive. As usual, his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, was circling overhead, keeping an eye on the area.

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

returning to the 13th floor is kind of a drag, but like in the previous one a new quest popped up when she was looking for the floor boss room. And it seems the lovey-dovey couple got to it as well since a certain blue clad guy summoned her close to where the quest location was. She was still a bit pissed about not getting a chance to hit the boss once again but was happy that she'd get to spend more time with close friends. This time, the white furred lion cub was at her side..or rather leading the way, as she did in the previous search. The blonde decided to let her be and settled with following her while making discreet course adjustments when Kimba was looking disorientated. She knew she was a prideful noble creature and could respect that, since in a way...she was too, be it by the name her parents blessed her with 'Crowned Lion by the Sun god' as it was the interpretation of her full name. Or be it by spirit as a proud lion wouldn't partner with just any player... was it that she sensed the blonde's dormant blood lust and saw a kindred in her? whatever the reason, the blonde was happy to have reached this level of intimacy and understanding with her companion and would do everything in her power to protect Kimba.

The were reaching their destination when a blue clad man was just standing there, a peregrine falcon circling above him like a bird of prey that he was. Kimba instantly recognized Roc from a distance and happily dashed towards the two, roaring at him and circling Cal as he did. The blonde showed a bright smile at the scene and waved at Cal... "Looks like you are pretty popular, Mr. Highest level." she said as a greeting,

Teayre was alone when she got a pm from Calrex, she was inside her shop yet again still trying to sort the whole place out. Running her hand through her hair she tugged on her equipment and set it straight before slipping out of the door. Closing it behind her the red head sighed as she saw several mobs approaching towards her little shack on the horizon. Glancing at her shop once she presses the door gently locking it. Muramasa at her hip with her left hand holding it just below the hilt Teayre quickly begins to move to the location specified. As she arrived there a bird flew down to her shoulder, her eyes flicking to it and then back to the bluenette that was stood in the middle of a field crossing his arms. A bolt of white caught Teayre’s eye as it flashed in from her left, turning her head the red head saw Kimba and a short distance behind was the blonde. Nodding at Ariel, Teayre turns back to face Calrex placing her hands on her hips.

Edited by Teayre

Compared to most of the players that have participated in the boss fight, Zandra havent continued thru the gate to explore the newly unlocked floor. She had been returning to refill her stock of crystals and potions, or rather expand it. Her business had been going pretty slow lately, she had tons of items on the shelfs for sale. Or maybe that was because she produced quite alot each day. Thats when she got a message from Calrex. He wanted her to join in on a quest that have been unlocked at the new floor. She had never been asked to join on a quest from a stronger player before, so she quickly headed out to the teleportation plaza in snowfrost town at floor four. She warped up to thirteen. When she exited the gate nine floors above a shadow was with her, it was her eagle Zita.''Zita, could you find Calrex for me?''  the eagle let out a cry and flied away. It didnt took long until she returned with another cry and showed Zandra the way to Calreax. When she arrived there was two more players there as well. Ariel, that she had met in the tailors shop a long time ago and Teayre that had helped her on a quest on the floor she just left. She reached the group and greeted everyone. Felt a little embarrased that she was here with such strong players. Her eagle familiar landed on a stone s bit away from the group.''Hi, I got your mail. So you realy want me to come with you? Im honoured.'' she said and made a quick bow.

Calrex gave a nod as he saw Ariel arrive, giving a laugh at her comment on him being the highest level player, "Heh, that title really only has so much merit. I've still got a lot more training to do before I can consider myself worthy of any title, even the one Oikawa coined for me and seems to be spreading around now."

"Yeah, Ultramarine Knight is a hard name to live up to. I've got only the former part down, not so much on the latter."

Looking over he saw his wife come along as he gave a warm smile over to her. He had partially picked this area specifically so that he he could tabs on her safety, being able to come to her aid as quick as he could should things go south. Walking over he wrapped her up in a tight hug, whispering in her ear, "Good to see you. Hope the shops sorting out well."

With that he turned back around to see the fourth member of their party arrive. He had only seen Zandra once in the past outside of her shop during the most recent boss raid, but nonetheless he was honored that she held him in such high regard, "Of course, welcome to the party. Please, it's nothing to humble yourself about. I'm just another player. Nonetheless I appreciate the company."

With a calming breath he gave a nod before facing his teammates, "Alright, as you're all aware this is a new quest we're undertaking, called the Falling of Tagas. There's three ways we can achieve victory on this boss, and the one I'm hoping the four of us can accomplish is the most dangerous of them. There is the option for him to become corrupted, giving him a great increase to his damage and health. Once that happens we need to make sure we eliminate him as fast as possible. I'll of course draw all of the incoming damage from the field boss. Teayre and Ariel, you two will be focused on dealing damage to it. Zandra, you'll be on support. Once it grows stronger its critical hits will be where this will get dangerous. I'll need you be make sure my health stays as close to max as possible. Hopefully it won't come to that, but better to be safe than sorry."

With that he gently rested his hand on his sword's hilt as he gave a nod, "We'll all be fighting a couple of mage knights beforehand, but those should pose no trouble at all."

Edited by Calrex

Seemed like the party was here seeing that as soon as Zandra reached the meeting point, Cal started explaining the strategy. A pretty straight forwards one that wouldn't prove difficult to follow. For her part was get in, wreck havoc along T until ALL their opponents were defeated. The problem laid with the transformation the angel, this 'corruption'. Depending on how Zandra supported him, she'd use or not the crystals she had prepared herself for this quest. With a bit of luck her first aid, the blonde will preserve crystals for the upcoming boss fight. She'd heard good things about her after their initial meeting, she'd made quite the reputation as an alchemist and a 'leading' support player due to her first aid skill. Seeing the new eagle, Kimba gets excited and roars at it while beckoning him down with her paw. A gesture she'd learned after seeing Ariel and a few others making when they wanted somebody to come to them. If Zita wouldn't move she'd come to it and play.

'Falling of Tagas, she'd seen that quest pop up when she first set foot around the area but ignored it as she was too busy with fighting for her life while exploring the floor in a attempt of finding the boss room. She waved at T and nodded to Cal as she finished his presentation. "Just another player, eh? as the one who defeated me in duel I won't allow you to settle with just that. It makes me look weak." she replied in a mutter, more to herself but still audible to those around.

Arching an eye brow at Zandra, Teayre lets a chuckle out. “Come on don’t bow we’re all players, besides we’ve all been on the front lines.” Returning Calrex’s tight hug Teayre keeps her fingers entwined in his as they begin the discussion for the quest. Nodding along to all that was said the red head lets go of her husband’s hand as she brings it to her mouth stifling a laugh. “Ari, you’re not weak honestly. You’ve been a great help to me in a lot of things. Don’t ever say you’re weak okay?” Looking around Teayre rests her fingers on the muramasa, “So then, shall we get a move on? I don’t like making this Tagas wait or whatever it is, first of all we need to find the damn place though.”

Calrex gave a nod as his teammates said they understood and were ready, "Alright then, let's get moving."

Starting first the Ultramarine Knight headed forward, but as he looked back at the group following him he saw that one individual had not decided to follow, "Where did Zandra go? I guess something came up?"

Giving a small sigh he activated his <<Reveal>> skill to help keep them away from any potential monsters that were roaming around.

ID: 40398
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12 (Chapel not found)

Unfortunately, even with his vision skill the chapel had yet to come into his sight, "Tch...no luck so far. You guys seeing anything? I'm not getting any trace of a chapel at this point."

Putting his free hand into his jacket pocket his sword arm rested against the handle of the Grand Blade as the group continued moving forward, "Without Zandra in our group we'll need to be careful when Tagas becomes corrupted. I didn't bring any healing items with me, so if he does manage to score a strong blow it'll be a big problem. I wonder if there's someone else we can contact while we're still searching to come give us a hand."

Edited by Calrex

Apparently Zandra decided just to come by and say 'Hi!' as the blonde lost sight of her almost immediate. She simply shrug the fact and directed her attention to Teayre, replying with a confident voice: "I didn't say I'm weak, just that him talking like that makes me look weak. His modesty is starting to annoy me a bit. I'm not sure what you mean by 'great help' but I at least have my warrior pride." She looks at Cal with passion in her eyes as she addresses him next: "You should stop underestimating yourself and build up some confidence!You've defeated me, don't take it so lightly. " her pride had started taking over. If he simply brushed away his duels with her, she'd deem herself a weak opponent in return. 'That is something that Father wouldn't allow!' that one thought straightening resolve even more. Her confidence in her swordsmanship was one of the few thing she retained from the real world, she'd not part with it so easily.

Turning her head around she'd look for the chapel, she was certain that she passed by it when she scouted this floor.

ID: 40405  LD: 15

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Zandra was feeling so nervous when beeing with these guys that was so much more experienced then her. They also had a realy strong bond between each other, something she was far away from beeing even close to. She walked, head bent down towards the warp plaza again. Her eagle circling above her. First she had been so glad they wanted to have her with them. When beeing there, she felt like beeing the third wheel, or fourth in this case. Then Zita flew down and gripped a piece of her armour and tried to draw her back to the others. Letting out several cries to make her change her mind."Stop it Zita!" She said and hitted her with an open hand so she loosened her grip. Then she looked into the eagles eyes. She took a step forth and embraced her familiar, buried her face into her feathers."Im sorry Zita, I would never hurt you. I..." she looked up to where she had come from."I will never abandon you, neither anyone else that believs in me." She held the eagle at arms length."Thank you Zita for making me realise the truth." She rose and started to rush back to the three she had just abandoned. When she was back at the meeting point they was no longer there."Oh no, they have already left."she got panic."Where can they be? Zits! Fly high and find them. Ill search from the ground." She said to her winged friend that immediatly darted up to the sky. Zandra equiped her mask of finding she had got from one of them that she wad looking for."Calrex! Ariel! Teayre! Where are you!" She said and repeated when running to the direction she thougth they had headed for. When she had runned for about ten minutes she saw something a hundred meters ahead. Could it be them?"Hey! Wait, Im sorry I left without saying anything. It wont happen again."

ID: 40473 LD: 13(11+2)

Edited by Zandra Zvift

The HUD hovered before him with a blank message flashing in place. He had found himself with nothing to do lately. He could always be out training but the sheer thought of grinding like he had done so many months before, intermediately made his stomach churn and do a backflip. Time sure does that too you. Look how far we've come. As minuscule as it may seem, we've done more in the last few months than we have in the last year. We've stepped up to the plate and taken everything Aincrad has shoved at us. I want that challenge. As if the idea scurried to him and served itself on a silver platter, Oikawa typed out a message to one of the strongest players to date and hit send.

Spoiler

Recipient: Calrex

Please tell me you have something challenging for us to take on. The lack of difficulty nowadays is really hindering my want to return to the front lines. Reply soon.

-Oink

Checking her inventory one last time Teayre keeps close to Calrex as she makes sure the banner is there in her ready items. Following the group she drags her feet slightly casting her eyes around squinting. “You on about this one? Sorry I thought you were on about Zandra… He’s a big softy.” Teayre turns and wraps her arms around Calrex’s neck as she speaks kissing him on his lips. “Aren’t you?” She adds batting her eyelids before grinning and letting go. A cry causes Teayre to raise her head and grip her weapon. “What the?” As she crouched low Zandra appeared the red head released her grip from the weapon. “Are you alright? Don’t worry we all go our own ways at some point and they may or may not coincide again.”  

The group continued on travelling as a ping sounded and Teayre spotted an object in the distance leaving Calrex to deal with his message Teayre stepped forwards. “I think I’ve found what we’re looking for. Are we all set? Remember the rumour was there are three possible rewards from this quest. We are –not- healing Tagas and we are waiting for him to corrupt fully and then killing him. Let’s keep things nice and simple. I’ve got my banner ready if we need it and Zandra is here to focus on healing us. All happy with that?”

ID: 40624 LD: 20 (Nat)

Cathedral Found.

Edited by Teayre

"Hm?"

Feeling Teayre's lips press against his all of a sudden his face lit up bright red in surprise, his eyes following hers for a few seconds before he snapped out of his trance, "S-Sure..."

"Not like having any confidence got me anywhere in the past anyway. All that I need to do is have the ability to back up what I say."

Calrex looked down at his menu as he saw a message pop up, "Huh, Oikawa?"

Typing on the message he sent out the reply:

To: Oikawa

Right now Teayre, Ariel, Zandra, and I are on the thirteenth floor taking on a new quest. If you want to join us get up here and turn on your tracker for my location. We just found the cathedral for the Falling of Tagas.

Sending out the message he turned back to the group, "Looks like we've got one more companion. Oikawa's going to be joining us on this venture. Let's go ahead and get starting on these mage knights and he'll catch up to us in time for Tagas."

Walking over he raised his sword high as his <<Howl>> skill activated. Stabbing the Grand Blade into the ground the monstrous roar flew out from his armor, gaining the attention of the two monsters.

ID: 40635
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +4) = -2
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all monsters)

As the skill got the attention o the two knights they immediately closed in on the Ultramarine Knight, unleashing a barrage of attacks in an attempt to strike the blue-haired player. However, Calrex's high Evasion proved more powerful as he easily evaded their blows, leaping to the side, "Alright guys, you're up!"

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 51/51
(Hate: 0) Ariel: 145/145
   Energy: 35/35
(Hate: 0) Teayre: 145/145
(Hate: 0) Zandra: 88/88
   Energy: 22/22

Enemies:
Corrupted Mage Knight 1: 115/115
Corrupted Mage Knight 2: 115/115

Edited by Calrex

She looked at Zandra who apparently left but in the end returned: "Don't worry about it!" up until she saw T signaling the cathedral they've been searching for. "That's the one!" said the blonde out of the blue as she remembered. As they drew closer, Cal said that they would have Oikawa join them. "Oh so a commander will join our little ragtag team?" she said mockingly. She knew Oikawa a long time ago but now, at least to her, he seemed tainted by the same Azure Pride she was once. It didn't matter much as she knew he was a capable man and every bit of help would be required here. "Okay after we finish these, it will be a 'all hand on deck' operation, better hope that blondie gets here soon!" she said with a smile as deep inside she was happy at the though of seeing him again.

ID: 40640  BD: 9 (nat)  LD: 2  Sword Art: (9)Delta Attack - 3x3*(10+1+4)

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 209/209
(Hate: 2) Ariel: 152/152
   Energy: 38/38 
(Hate: 0) Teayre: 145/145
(Hate: 0) Zandra: 88/88
   Energy: 22/22

Enemies:
DEAD Corrupted Mage Knight 1: -5/115 120 DMG (135-15 MIT)
Corrupted Mage Knight 2: 115/115

To Zandras relief, it seemed they have accepted her again, even after she abandoned them. She returned just in time when Teayre found the Cathedral. So now time for the next challenge. Two corrupted mage knights appeared. Calrex howled to get their attention, they attacked him but missed. Then Ariel jumped in and slayed one of the pair with a single attack. And now it was her turn. These guys didnt seemed to have that high armour. Maybe she was gonna be able to pass their mitigation. She charged up her 'Cross Punishment' sword art. Then she rushed towards the survivng knight. Her whip made two diagonal slashes across its chest, just barely passing the mitigation and dealing almost a whole percent of the Knights health.''Oh, like a mosquito bite. My damage output is realy crazy low.'' she said when back at the others with a smile.

ID: 40723  BD: 9 Crit +1 4x2x2=16 Damage

HP List
   Energy: 38/38 
(Hate: 2) Zandra: 88/88
   Energy: 18/22

Enemies:
DEAD Corrupted Mage Knight 1: -5/115 120 DMG (135-15 MIT)
Corrupted Mage Knight 2: 114/115 (16-15=1)

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Rustling grass was all that could be heard as Oikawa bolted off towards the teleport gate. Padded steps only quickening until he hit the stony platform housing the gate. Pausing only to equip his gear and input the destination, he was back at full sprint upon returning to the thirteenth floor. Rushing past the tombs that littered the so called town, he brought up his menu and selected the bluenette from his friends list. Setting the tracker on, he pushed himself to get there in record time, though no one was counting. Spotting the Cathedral, Oikawa burst through the doors and without hesitation nor salutations, he entered the battle.

Jumping past the girl he recognized as Zandra, an old customer of his, he unsheathed Amphibian Teeth and let loose his <<Over Radiation>> Sword Art. In a flash, he had decimated the knight with a single strike. Collecting his material and col, the blonde turned towards the rest of the party. "My apologies for the lateness. I'm not as swift as I used to be."

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 133 E: 32 DMG: 9 MIT: 28 ACC: 2

Amphibian Teeth: +2 DMG/ + Paralytic Venom

Raikiri: +2 PAR/ +1 MIT

Citrine Badge: +2 REC/ +1 ACC

ID: 40787  BD: 7 (4+3) LD:  13 | Over Radiation: (1 Base + 5 Rank + 2 Weapon + 1 Athletics + 2 Charge) x (13 x 1) = 143 - 15 = 128

HP List
   Energy: 29/38 
(Hate: 2) Zandra: 88/88
(Hate: 1) Oikawa: 133/133 (1 Material and 575 Col)
   Energy: 19/32

Enemies:
Corrupted Mage Knight 1: 0/115
Corrupted Mage Knight 2: 0/115 (-128)

Edited by Oikawa - The Faint

Nodding Teayre grunts in affirmation of Oikawa’s imminent arrival. Her hand resting on the blade the girl lets her partner enter first only to receive a barrage of blows which he managed to weave his way around. Watching as the blonde eviscerated one of the mage knights the red’s eyes flickered to Zandra how seemed to tickle the remaining knight despite her best efforts. Her hand gripped around the black leather hilt of the muramasa as she bent her knees ready to charge in just when a streak of blonde came shooting past. “It’s all those parfaits you’re eating in the Starlight Café, Kawi-kun.” Smiling she nods at her old friends. “I… I hope you’ve been keeping well.” Turning her head she hears a roar come from within the cathedral. “Guess we’ve woken the dragon.” Just as she was about to step forwards a notification popped up on her hud. “I’m… I’ve got to go guys. Kill it without me.” Turning tail Teayre flees her charge skill activating as she disappears into the mist.

OC: Max of four people to the quest thread, I’m leaving the thread without completing the quest.

Teayre leaves the thread.

Edited by Teayre

ID: 41275, 41336 (Tagas)
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)
Tagas Battle Dice: 1 (Evasion +4) = -3
Tagas Craft Dice: 4

Calrex gave a nod as he saw Oikawa rush in and finish off the second mage knight, giving a sigh of relief that the first part of the quest was over without any lost HP. They were going to need it once the boss appeared. However, what he didn't expect was Teayre's departure from the group so suddenly. He was going to call out to her, but right as he did a notification popped up in his HUD, saying that the party was too large for the quest, which immediately disappeared as he saw her HP bar leave the party.

"Tch, I guess there is a limit to the number of players on this quest."

Swiping on his menu he sent out a quick message to her before looking back towards the chapel. Seconds after he did the quest boss spawned and leapt out, aiming to strike at the Ultramarine Knight with powerful force. Unfortunately, the attack was slow and telegraphed to Calrex's eyes as he easily sidestepped the attack, raising his sword high, "Alright guys, this is it!"

"Let him go full corruption, then finish him off."

His armor quickly glowed light blue before he activated <<Howl>>, releasing the built up energy in a monstrous roar that was produced by the explosive power. The fallen angel immediately locked onto him again as it turned.

"Get this done so I can catch up to her."

"Remember, save your energy until he changes form, then hit him with all you've got!"

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 209/209
(Hate: 0) Ariel: 152/152
(Hate: 0) Zandra: 88/88
(Hate: 0) Oikawa: 133/133

Enemies:
Tagas, the Corrupted: 350/350
DMG 75 / MIT 25
Heals 30 HP on CD 10+

Edited by Calrex

The blonde was disappointed to see her nee-chan leave she wanted to call her back but abstained. instead she bit her lower lip in frustration and directed her attention towards the newcomer. "You're late!" she said with a smile and continued: "And what's with the flashy entrance?" thinking that all 13 hits were a bit of overkill for a mob that level. "Save it for the angel" she ended, turning her head towards Calrex. She watched him get the field boss attention and urges them to attack.

'Time to shine.... not really' was her thought as the blonde went and attacked the blonde with her most basic charge type attack. Unfortunately she had to waste her charge skill as well since this was the initial attack upon it.

ID# 41419  BD: 9 (nat) Sword Art(1) Linear - 1x1*(10+1+4)

HP List
(Hate: 0) Ariel: 152/152
(Hate: 0) Zandra: 88/88
(Hate: 0) Oikawa: 133/133

Enemies:
Tagas, the Corrupted: 349/350 1 DMG (15-25 mit)
DMG 75 / MIT 25
Heals 30 HP on CD 10+

P.S. Kawi-kun... over radiation is a 13 hit combo sword art not just one.

Another player arrived and with a rapier combo he killed off the second and final mage knight. So next step is the main boss. She was just gonna take a deep breath to focus when she saw that Teayre left. Confused she looked at the red haired girl that walked away. She couldnt think much about it thou, sonce just a few moments later the main event started. The boss spawned. Zandra, that have never seen a realy strong boss before got stunned, her eyes widened and she stared at their opponent. Was they realy gonna be able to take that one down? She felt her knees shaked. She looked at the others, Calrex had already activated his howl skill, and Ariel rushed forth and stroke the angel with a very weak sword art it seemed. Probably she didnt wanted to waste valueable energy. Suddenly she realised it was her turn, but she have lost her opportunity to do anything.

HP List
(Hate: 0) Ariel: 152/152
(Hate: 0) Zandra: 88/88 -stunned by fear-
   Energy: 19/22
(Hate: 0) Oikawa: 133/133

Enemies:
Tagas, the Corrupted: 349/350

Edited by Zandra Zvift