[OP-F16] Everyone needs a break in the summer. All competitions is over. Time for prizes!!!

(OOC: Sorry 'bout that, neo. Was running behind earlier.)

With the foe being so large, one could think it could be easier to strike. Apparently, that wasn't the case. Even when Krysta tried again, she didn't manage to strike the large yet evasive creature. She needed to find some way to strike the creature, even if she had to ask a player who was actually striking the beast to do so. Perhaps in doing so, she might help the others with how they're fighting against the terrible beast. She thought over the possibility of doing so for about a minute, then she asked aloud, "Is there anything we can try in order to strike this creature? If anyone has any ideas, now is the time to speak up!" Hopefully, this would be the solution. A question that leads to a few ideas. Combine that with teamwork, and there, a battle plan! "Oh, I truly hope that this works..." She had to wait now, as well as avoid any incoming attacks from the monster.

ID# 109342 BD: 5 (*headdesk* I MISSED AGAIN!)

Edited by Krysta
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((OOC: All of you and your darn placeholders. Please don't placehold until you're ready to post)

Neo watched as people tried to go in for attacks, but her vision was completely covered with sand. It was strange, seeing the sand blocking her vision without it irritating her eyes so much. One of the benefits of being in a virtual world.  Watching the queen continue her rampage against the others, Neo was able to try and assess the situation through the sand in her eyes. It wasn't that effective, and she spent more time trying to clear her vision than she did trying to actually figure out what would be the best course of action. Others seemed just as confused, attacking with minimal direction and just trying to whittle down the Karka Queen. Perhaps they could just figure out a way for them to all attack at once and take her down instead. That might be the best solution, but it would also require everyone to actually be paying attention and fighting the beast rather than drifting towards the more social people just watching the fight happen.

Spoiler

ROll ID: #109391

BD: 1 - REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@Zandra

roll:

Spoiler

ID: 109440 CD: 9 BD: 2 Miss!

Damage taken:
Vigilon: 6-6=1 DMG
Hazado: 0 DMG
Neopolitan: 0 DMG
Dustin: 0 DMG
Dazia: 0 DMG Placeholder wasnt edited in time
Krysta: 0 DMG

The karka queen had actually been prepared for a combat when she crawled out from the sand below her. But it seemed she had arrived to a beachparty, since the participants seemed to not wanna deal strikes on her. Those that did was probably drunk since they only missed. Like one or two lands hit on her now and then. She saw one guy though that seemed to be focused. Looked for openings or something? She made sure he wouldn’t find any by blocking his attack with her leg. Though the guy saw her blue bar below the fourth green one was being reduced a bit from his paralysing strike. There was also another crack in her armoured shell. They was on way to break thru her outer defences. She had to do something. She charged the swordsman that tried to find her weakness and let the point end of her leg fall down on him. But sadly it missed and instead pierced the ground right beside him. The impact though shaked the ground close to where she hitted.

Spoiler

Players:

@Hazado [--------- +2 ACC, +1 DMG +1 EVA
@Neopolitan [--------- +1 ACC, +1 DMG
@Dazia [--------- 
@Vigilon [---------  +1 ACC, +2 DMG
@Krysta [--------- +1 ACC, +1 DMG
 @Dustin [--------- +1 ACC

Mobs:

Karka Queen:
[    -------------------]
[                         ]
[    ------]

Queens presence: Players take 1 damage each turn as long as the Karka Queen isnt broken
Heavily armoured: Damage to the Karka Queen is reduced by 6(minimum 1) when Karka Queen isnt broken
Attacks(CD):
1-5: ???
6-10: Karka smash: The Karka Queen jumps over a target, lifts its body up and then slam it down at the player. The she do it again on a second player. Dealing 3 damage each.
11-12: Armoured roll: The Karka Queen move its legs close to its body and rolls over all players dealing 2 damage to all participants.

Crystal of the sea(used by Zandra): This crystal adds +3 maximum HP, refills health to full and lets players change weapon as a free action to all combatants. 

Lonely is strong: If some players dont post, their reward getting reduced as well as buffing the players that posted in last round:
Number of players didnt posted:
1: +1 ACC
2: +1 ACC, +1 DMG
3: +2 ACC, +2 DMG, on crit +1 additional stun dmg (skills that dont stun/pralyse/freeze still get this buff too)
4: +3 ACC, +3 DMG, on crit +1 additional stun dmg (skills that dont stun/pralyse/freeze still get this buff too)
5: ???

Special mecanic:

Spoiler

Breakbar:

-A mob with a breakbar is immune to stun, paralyze, freeze or any other effects that make a mob/player unable to act. Instead these skills reduce the mobs breakbar.

-When a breakbar is broken, the mob gets stunned for one turn and gets vulnerability for X turn(s).

-???

-???

Players have 48h to post

Edited by Zandra

Neo stood back from the fight, not wanting to engage such a large creature. It seemed as though it wasn't here by choice, and that it wanted to have gotten a fight before so rudely interrupting the little beach party they had going. The host, who she never got the name of, still didn't seem concerned though, so she felt as though there wasn't anything to worry about. If there was going to be danger, she would hop in and quickly take out the creature, right? Making sure to try and make her hit count, Neo watched the beast carefully. Analyzing its moves and where it could be covering weak spots. The joints seemed like the best place, but it was also the hardest to hit from all of the mobility that it had. A strike there could quite possibly end the fight though. Get it into a stun-lock and suddenly the whole match would be over.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #109457

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 - okay, can I please get a hit. I can only write a miss in so many different ways in a row.

Haz looked as everyone seemed to be doing worst then before missing one hit after the other. shaking his head a bit he took the Axe with both hands and looked at the monster, it was really just ugly and Haz was not really keen off its look at all. He looked around to something he could use to get an advance. his eyes then spot a rock not far away from the beast itself and Hazado moved a bit fast holding the Axe. Jumping onto the rock he took a leap and jumped even higher until he was above the monster itself before crashing his Axe down into the top of the beast before releasing his hit and jumping back to the ground. It was a solid it on the monster for sure and he smiled finally hitting the beast in all its pride. "Ha got you the third time is a charm," he said looking at Neo who seemed to have lest luck than him and was for sure going to feel a bit down for missing again and it did also not look good for the rest of the party as well, Apart from Him and Neo everyone else was really low on well health or something like that.

Spoiler

Roll ID: 109462 | BD: 4+2=6 HIT!! YES YES YES, I DID HIT LOVE YOU ZAN!!!!!

Using Attack 1 On THIS UGLY THING.

(OOC: I'm guessing the Karka Queen targeted me.)

The heavily armored freak came straight for Vigilon. "Whoa!!!" He jumped to the side, but the impact caused the ground to shake, and he almost fell over from a lack of balance. "Whew, close one." He was low on options, which meant that there was one thing left to do... It was back to the oh so typical RPG boss strategy. He was going to run circles around this thing. He circled around the Karka Queen about four times, and then... "Is that...?" A crack in the armor! Sure, it may be high up and hard to reach, but it really wouldn't hurt to try. Practically on instinct, he called out "WEAK SPOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!" as he leapt up to attack, which wasn't the smartest thing to do. On the other hand, this ridiculous moment at least might reveal the chink in the armor to the other players....maybe. Sure, he missed the crack, but at least he managed to strike the creature!

ID# 109509 BD: 5+1=6(Hit)

Nervecutter(Sword attack 3): 5+2-6=1 Damage to Karka Queen, paralysis infliction damages breakbar

@Krysta @Dazia

Edited by Vigilon

Dustin flipped his hammer up as he flies forward, and slams the head into the monster. He shushes the monster and pets its leg, “Come on girl, not much longer. We’ll be gentle.” He hugs it’s leg and shoots back next to the other players. “Sorry I didn’t attack last time, the lemonade distracted me.” Yeah, that’s the only thing I was distracted by. His gaze darts around at the players around him. All the girls in swimsuits and sweet lemonades combined to hold his attention far more than the monster. And the Hostess wasn’t helping at all. She’s the best of both worlds. He slips his hammer onto his back and pulls his sword out once more. Hopefully this is a little better this time, if not, I’ll just smack it with a hammer again. He stands at the ready, his blade pointed at the Karka Queen. Come on momma, show us what you’re made of. You beautiful beast.

ID: 109510

BD: 9

(warhammer attack 3 on Karka Queen)

(3 + 1 = 4 - 6 = 1 DMG)

Edited by Dustin

Krysta didn't exactly hear any suggestions. The Karka Queen made an attempt to strike Vigilon, but missed. However, it did spark a mild tremor that Krysta almost ended up getting caught in. She looked at the miniboss, hoping she could find a way to deal with the creature. She looked for Vigilon, and noticed he was...circling the monster. At first, she was a bit confused. Why would he do this? Then she remembered, that most players try to circle a boss to find its...weakness. She did what she could to try and follow Vigilon, and this seemed to be helpful, for he stopped, then he leapt up to attack as he called out "WEAK SPOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!" Krysta had to keep herself from giggling slightly. Sure, this was humorous, but she had to focus on the task at hand. She readied herself, taking her usual justified battle stance. "Prepare yourself, foul creature!" She rushed for the miniboss, then leapt up and struck the miniboss where the crack was. She fell back down to the sand after, so she couldn't tell if she did anything to break through this chink in the defenses just yet.

ID# 109526 BD: 10(Critical, +2 DMG) (YESSSSSS)

Focused Strike(Staff Attack 1): 5+1+2-6=2 Damage dealt to Karka Queen, paralysis infliction damages breakbar

Edited by Krysta

The tiny human players attacked the mighty queen once again. And it seemed they had changed their tactic. Everyone used skills that would have stunned close to any other mob. But instead the queens breakbar ticked down. When everyone changed to immobilising moves, it almost immediately broke. The queen backed away a few steps as it looked from player to player. The cracks in her armored legs went bigger and bigger. From Dustins Warhammer impact point big icecrystals grew and shattered. Suddenly, with a loud crack! The armour broke into crystals and shattered. The queen let out a scream of pain that could give even the most cold hearted person a moment of compassion. I crawled together, trying protect itself with its now unarmoured legs. Not only had she lost her armor, she had also got the stunned status effect applied on her, and beside her healthbar, the players could see a broken orange shield icon. There was nothing she could do, only wait for these cruel humans to stop puniching her.

image.png.081f45b5846d83be8cb2efb0019c4b26.png

Spoiler

Players:

@Hazado [--------- +2 ACC, +1 EVA
@Neopolitan [--------- +1 ACC
@Dazia [---------  
@Vigilon [---------  +1 ACC, +1 DMG
@Krysta [--------- +1 ACC
 @Dustin [--------- +1 ACC

Mobs:

Karka Queen:
[----------------------]
[                        -]
[----------][---] <<VULNERABILITY 3/3, STUNNED 1/1, -2 EVASION>>

Queens presence: Players take 1 damage each turn as long as the Karka Queen isnt broken
Heavily armoured: Damage to the Karka Queen is reduced by 6(minimum 1) when Karka Queen isnt broken

Attacks(CD):
6-10: Karka smash: The Karka Queen jumps over a target, lifts its body up and then slam it down at the player. The she do it again on a second player. Dealing 3 damage each.
11-12: Armoured roll: The Karka Queen move its legs close to its body and rolls over all players dealing 2 damage to all participants.

Crystal of the sea(used by Zandra): This crystal adds +3 maximum HP, refills health to full and lets players change weapon as a free action to all combatants. 

Lonely is strong: If some players dont post, their reward getting reduced as well as buffing the players that posted in last round:
3: +2 ACC, +2 DMG, on crit +1 additional stun dmg (skills that dont stun/pralyse/freeze still get this buff too)
4: +3 ACC, +3 DMG, on crit +1 additional stun dmg (skills that dont stun/pralyse/freeze still get this buff too)

Special mecahnic

Spoiler

Breakbar:

-A mob with a breakbar is immune to stun, paralyze, freeze or any other effects that make a mob/player unable to act. Instead these skills reduce the mobs breakbar.

-When a breakbar is broken, the mob gets stunned for one turn and gets vulnerability for X turn(s).

-Breaking the breakbar can stop special effects from happening

-???

Players have 48h to post

Edited by Zandra

Haz looks on as the beast screams in pain He covers his ears for a second until the beast stopped crying out, "Darn, Shut your Bloody Mouth, This going to end Badly for you," Haz said once it was done crying and its shell breaks and Haz smiled, Now it was time for them t go full-on, and not hold back at all. "Okay, now don't stand there hugging the thing and go for the attack It is weak and It is also willing to kill us. It is stunned and weak, So if we go now we can take it down fast no matter what, I will pay for some drinks later if you kill that thing," Haz said running up to the Monster and slamming the axe he had into the side of the monster with quite a powerful hit, It seemed that it did quite a bit of damage and Haz was getting a grin on his face, "Okay Dustin, Neo, Aim for his Legs. Krysta Vigilon and Dazia, Aim for his body. Let's do this quick!" Haz said getting back into the game and fighting, "Dustin, You dealing good blows there, keep up," He said looking at Dustin with a smile.
@Dazia @Neopolitan @Dustin @Krysta @Vigilon

Roll ID: 109462 | BD: 9+4=13 Minor Crit | Zan I still find this thing Ugly

Using Attack 1 On THIS UGLY THING AND NOT CUTE

The queen was finally breaking down a bit, and Neo was finally ready to get her attack in. It wasn't long before she was able to quickly start aiming for the queens more vulnerable areas. With the armored shell gone, there was nothing to stop her from going for a sweeping attack at one of the legs. It wasn't the most effective attack with very little width on her blade, but it was at least something for her to attempt. Once the red gash had appeared on her leg, Neo dropped back to behind Hazado and the others so that they could get their own attacks in. It would hopefully not result in too much chaos, but she would rather not be caught in the crossfire of other players weapons.

Let's just hope we can stay in control at this point, I'd rather not have to break through another shell if it comes back.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #109705

BD: 5 + 1 + 2 = 8 - hit (10 damage)

@Dazia@Dustin@Krysta@Vigilon

(OOC: lol this thread's gone from summer to almost winter now.)

After Vigilon's strike, Dustin and Krysta attacked the beast, destroying its armor at last. The Karka Queen let out a pained, loud screech. Vigilon covered his ears at the noise that was hurting his ears. "Gyaaarghh!" When the noise stopped, he picked up his sword. Hazado started calling out orders...and Vigilon first looked at him like, "What'd you say??" Since Vigilon was working towards trying to be a leader(If he was ever going to lead a guild someday), this was...a step back. "This is not the time to be barking orders, man, are all these people under you? NO! If anything, suggest a battle plan! ...I did do that myself, right? I don't want to feel like a hypocrite..." This was a bit of a rare occasion where he practiced his words within his mind as if he was actually speaking to someone, as well as thinking to himself. "...I probably shouldn't say that..." So what he decided to say instead was, "Well, here's a course of action that I suggest: We can start with Hazado's plan...but if you find a weak spot, target that spot instead!" He had yet to find a weak spot that wasn't an armor chink, but at least he could manage to strike the miniboss when he attacked.

@Krysta @Dazia @Dustin

ID# 109726 BD: 5+1+2=8

Slashing Strike(Sword Attack 1): 10+1=11 Damage to Karka Queen

Edited by Vigilon

Dustin frowns, heartbroken by the screech of the beast he was so infatuated with. What a waste. A beautiful creature used as sport for us. “I’m sorry, but I have to do this.” He says, his voice filled with sadness as he slowly walks towards the monster. When he is in range for the attack, he launches under the queen of monsters and slashes her belly. I wish I didn’t have to do that to such a wonderful monster. Make it quick, she doesn’t need to suffer. She’s a beautiful creature and we’re making it brutal.” He frowns. I refuse to make it any harder on her, she’s suffered enough. He stands next to the monster, reaching out and gently petting its leg. “I’m sorry it had to be like this. You don’t deserve such a cruel punishment.” He frowns, continuing to pet the monster. “I’d give you lemonade, but I don’t know where to get it.” He glares at Hazado. “She’s a wonderful creature. And of course she’s willing to kill us, we saw her and instantly attacked her. Now appologize.” He says, walking back over to Hazado.

ID: 109788

BD: 8

Sword attack 1 on Karka Queen

10 DMG

Edited by Dustin

Once Krysta got back up from the sand, her ears were struck by a horrible screech that sounded to be in genuine pain. The distance caused the monster's cry to be almost earsplitting, but the muffled cry she still heard as her ears were covered, caused Krysta to rethink her actions. Why did this creature come out from the sands in the first place? Did it come out to fight, or was it merely defending itself? She looked the creature in the eyes, and it was...suffering, and defenseless. Krysta now realized what she was doing, but she was not in a position in which she could spare the creature. "Oh..." A single tear left Krysta's eyes. "I'm so sorry...I never considered how you felt about this whole thing...we've all been so cruel to you... Unfortunately, I am not in any position in which I can save or spare you. So I'll do my best to make this quick...I'm sorry..." With an extreme tug of remorse, she closed her eyes and attacked the Karka Queen.

ID# 109847 BD: 3+1+2=6(Hit)

Focused Stirke(Staff Attack 1): Dealt 5 Damage to, and paralyzed Karka Queen

Edited by Krysta

roll:

Spoiler

ID: 109848 CD: 1 BD: 1 Miss!

Damage taken:
Vigilon: 11+5,5=16,5=17 DMG
Hazado: 6+3=9 DMG
Neopolitan: 10+5=15 DMG
Dustin: 10+5=15 DMG
Dazia: 0 DMG
Krysta: 5+2,5=7,5=8 DMG

The players on the beach started attacking The karka queen. Now when her defensive shell was gone, the combatants removed more then two bars. How could these tiny humans be able to kill her? The queen. This should not happen. At least she had succeded to stun two of them. But it was because of that boy with the hammer. His hammer had broken thru her armor with such efficiency. They was going to pay for this. And pay much. And she would start with the hammer guy. He also tried to trick her by throwing stuff about beautiful and stuff on her. He even wanted to share some lemonade. The queen screathed at him before she threw her leg at him, to kick him far away. Though she was still a bit out of shape from the stun. So she changed her aim to the girl that seemed to cry? But the queens second kick missed as well.

Spoiler

Players:

@Dazia [---------  
 @Dustin [--------- +2 ACC

Mobs:

Karka Queen:
[----------------------]
[----------------------]
[----------------------]
[          -------------]
[----------][---] <<VULNERABILITY 2/3>>

Attacks(CD):

Special mecanic:

Spoiler

Breakbar:

-Vulnerability increase damage taken by 50%

-a breakbar cant be damaged while vulnerability is up

Edited by Zandra

It had been a little bit frightening at first, but Neo could see the fight was completely in their control now. The queen was flailing about, not aiming her attacks well enough. It was the perfect opportunity. As Neo lunged forward for her attack, she could feel the rush of taking something down. Though her blade struck the beast, it immediately resulted in her collapsing to the ground. The blade had struck in the same vital spot as it had Vanilla. The poor girl who saved her own life. Neo's legs could no longer hold her weight. Now it didn't matter if the queen shattered or not, all that Neo saw was the vision of her closest friend shattering in front of her. She had thought she was doing better, but this had only made things worse for her. All it did was make her relive those memories of death and lost hope.

Spoiler

Ropll ID: #109873

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 - minor crit (sword attack 1: 10 + 1 damage = 11 * 1.5 vulnerability = 16.5 damage

@Hazado@Dazia@Vigilon@Krysta@Dustin

(OOC: We'll let @Zandra let us know who dealt the final blow.)

After his latest attack, Vigilon heard Dustin say some things that Vigilon believed to be kind of strange. Apologize? Sure, the players may have dealt the first attacks, but what would have happened if they just stood around after the miniboss rose up? Vigilon noticed something that sparked some anger within him. He didn't see why, but he did notice that Krysta had shed a single tear... "No...How dare......" He backed up, and with a running start, he rushed for the miniboss, leaping up for an overhead slash. "How DARE you make her cry?" He struck the head of the creature about a split-second after another player had struck the miniboss in another vital spot. With the head and vitals heavily damaged, this would make for a fitting killing blow by either player. Vigilon breathed out a sight of relief. "Phew...I think it's over." Only time will tell on this one, for Vigilon's head was looking down to the sand, and he was too tired to pay direct attention to the miniboss.

ID# 109875 BD: 9+1=10(Minor Critical, +1 DMG)

Slashing Strike(Sword Attack 1): 10+1+1x1.5=18 Damage dealt to Karka Queen

Edited by Vigilon

Haz looks like a massive drop in the queen's HP is taking away by the players around him, It was sure going to be the end of it soon no matter what was going to happen. Making sure it was dead was the top challenge here now and it needed to be done even if this thing was innocent it still attacked no matter what and It attacked him even before he attacked the thing itself, so it was really not all that innocent. Even if the boss was not dead yet now it was soon going to be as Haz picked up the axe and with a lot of power slammed it into the side of the queen's legs. "This is going to be fun for real, Just can't wait to see what will happen," He said turning to Vigilon and Neo. It was really looking like things were going to show off as the hits rolled in from the rest of the players.

Roll ID: 109462 | BD: 3+3=6 Hit

Using Attack 1 On Queen Mc. Ugly

The Karka queen looked at all the red stripes on her body. Would this be the end of her? Her! The queen! It couldn’t be. She was still vulnerable and the player took advantage of that and charged at her open vital parts. She felt the powerful strikes on her body, the health slowly continuing to drop. Only half of the players decided to charge the beautiful queen. Was they making fun of her by not charging with full force? She screeched again when she was taking a step forward. But she couldn’t, her leg had already started turning into blue and white crystals. She got true panic. She looked from side to side, there was nothing she could do. The leg was now totally crystalised and almost her whole body. She let out a final screech before her head as well started to shine and exploded into an ocean of blue and white crystals. The pixels covered the combatants as it slowly faded away.

And the Karka queen... was dead.

Spoiler

Players:

@Dazia [---------  
 @Dustin [--------- +2 ACC

Mobs:

Karka Queen:
[----------------------]
[----------------------]
[----------------------]
[----------------------]
[----------][---] <<VULNERABILITY 1/3>> <<DEAD>>

Attacks(CD):

Special mechanic:

Spoiler

Breakbar:

-Vulnerability increase damage taken by 50%

-a breakbar cant be damaged while vulnerability is up

Players have 24h to post until Zandra will
make a post and announce start of swimsuit competition

With the queen dead, Neo just lay there with her eyes wide. Though she could still see what was around her, her mind could only conjure pictures of that horrible scene over and over. Perhaps this game was all that would be left of her now, all that she would have. No matter what happened, she would probably die like her friend. She had tried so hard just to get the ability to speak, but the cost was too high for her to accept it now. Vanilla had been the person Whose relationship she cherished more than any other. It was the person who actually helped her, no matter the costs. Neo had dragged her into this world, and then when her life was threatened, she did nothing to stop it. All she could do was mourn the loss, but it was nevver enough for her to give. She couldn't possibly repay what her voice had cost her.