F4: The Wanderer's Forge - Blacksmith (Special Order Only, Tell me what you want made.)

"Alright. Thanks for the sword. I'm still considering the group offer so don't worry." Kiseki would receive the brand new blade. It was his first uncommon blade and second uncommon item. The enhancement was something Kiseki will manage to work with. Hopefully the sword will be easier to swing compared to his basic one. It most likely will. Kiseki equipped his brand new item. A new scabbard that revealed Leopard's Fang's handle was placed onto Kiseki's back. He walked out ready to continue with his training.

- 300 Col

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crafting Attempts: 13 September 2015

ID: 31425
CD: 4 (3+1)
LD: 20 (Mat Saved)
XP: 2

ID: 31426
CD: 11 (10+1) - Rare Item - CLAIMED - Persephone
XP: 6

ID: 31427
CD: 9 (8+1) - Uncommon Item
XP: 4

ID: 31428
CD: 7 (6+1) - Good Item - Shield
XP: 3

ID: 31429
CD: 11 (10+1) - Rare Item - CLAIMED - Persephone

ID: 31430
CD: 10 (9+1) - Rare Item - CLAIMED - Persephone

ID: 31430
CD: 10 (9+1) - Rare Item - CLAIMED - Red_Rose

TOTAL XP: 33

Edited by Mack

Crafting Attempts: 14 September 2015

ID: 31557
LD: 6

ID: 31558
LD: 10

ID: 31559
CD: 3 (2+1)

ID: 31560
CD: 12 (11+1) - Perfect Item - Sword - CLAIMED: TAKAO
XP: 9

ID: 31561
CD: 5 (4+1) - Good Item

ID: 31562
CD: 11 (10+1) - Rare Item - Katana - CLAIMED: KALESH

ID: 31563
LD: 5

TOTAL XP: 26

Edited by Mack

Piera wandered into the Wanderer's Forge, snow dusting her shoulders and hair as she hugged herself, glad to be out of the cold as the tent's thick brown flap closed behind her. It was actually quite warm inside to her pleasant surprise, likely due to the piping hot forge. Smiling when she spied the shop's owner, the brunette walked up with a hand upraised before her greeting was interrupted before it could even begin by Chewie. "Ah! I'm sorry, I forgot to bring something..." She told the bear cub with lament in her tone. Instead she pet his head before scratching him a few times behind the ears. Looking back up at Mack, the alchemist gave a somewhat bashful smile. "Well. I'm finally taking your advice. I'd like to put in an order for some heavy armor set with as much mitigation as you can put on it. I have plenty of col....but no mats to spare. I do have some of the items you requested of me though. Namely the damage dealers and the venom. I'm not suggesting we trade though! You already paid for those. But um, I could give you back the armor you gave me once I get the new set. So you could sell it to someone who needs it more."

Xion sighed as he walked into the shop of his guildmaster: Mack. A blonde mountain of a man and by far a better smith than Xion was. "Mack..." he said with a polite nod, as he walked towards the counter of the shop. "I am in need of an assault spear, 2 DMG and 1 PAR, assuming that I get a guild discount" he said with a slight chuckle as he absent mindedly looked at the stock while he waited for a reply from Mack. 

Crafting Attempts: 16 September 2015

ID: 31790
CD: 3 (2+1) - Nothin'

ID: 31791
CD: 3 (2+1) - Nothin'

ID: 31792
CD: 6 (5+1) - Good Item

ID: 31793
CD: 7 (6+1) - Good Item

ID: 31794
CD: 8 (7+1) - Uncommon Item - CLAIMED: Endilix

ID: 31795
CD: 9 (8+1) - Uncommon Item - CLAIMED: Endilix

ID: 31796
CD: 8 (7+1) - Uncommon Item - CLAIMED: Endilix

TOTAL XP: 22

Edited by Mack

OOC: Sorry for the delays in getting back to this one guys, had to knock out all the main RP stuff I owed. Still here. Responding now.

Commission List: Heavy Armor (Piera), One Handed Spear (Xion)

"You don't have to apologize to Chewie, Piera," Mack said, calling across the small canvas confined shop as Chewie gave Piera a look of deepest sadness coupled with large chocolate colored eyes. Everyone that came to visit was supposed to bring the bear a treat. Everyone knew that. Slowly, the bear padded back over to his spot by the forge and began gnawing despondently on his leather chew toy, giving Piera one last sad look. "And I'm glad to see you've come to your senses concerning armor," Mack continued as she crossed his shop, completely ignoring his familiar's actions. "I'll put your old armor into the Guild storage for the Blades and don't concern yourself over the price," he concluded, crossing two massive arms over his broad chest as he gazed down at the alchemist. Of course he wasn't going to charge her for the armor, or anything else for that matter.

No sooner had Piera left the shop than Xion made his appearance, throwing open the canvas tent flap that kept out the snow and making his way into the shop's cozy confines to ask for a new weapon. An assault spear, of all things. "Changing weapons with the new system? Makes sense I guess, though I admit I'm a bit puzzled as to why you don't simply craft the spear for yourself. Naturally, you'll get the Guild discount. I can't have people saying that I overcharged my own second in command. I'll let you know when its ready, six hundred col should suffice. Or mats, if you've got any to spare."

CRAFTING ATTEMPTS: 21 SEPTEMBER 2015 (nothing personal Piera and Xion, but I need a new weapon and armor set for the boss crawl, the next two perfects I roll go to each of you.)

ID: 32308
CD: 4 (3+1) - Bad Item
LD: 14 (Typical, no salvage)

ID: 32309
CD: 13 (12+1) - Perfect Item - Invictus (Two Handed Axe) - Mack

ID: 32310
CD: 12 (11+1) - Perfect Item - Pertinax (Heavy Armor) - Mack

ID: 32311
CD: 8 (7+1) - Uncommon Item - Shield - CLAIMED: Freddy

ID: 32312
CD: 8 (7+1) - Uncommon Item - Armor - CLAIMED: Freddy

ID: 32313
CD: 5 (4+1) - Good Item

ID: 32314
CD: 3 - Bad Item
LD: 19 (SALVAGED)

TOTAL XP: 33

Edited by Mack

Endilix made his way out from the cold through the tent flap, giving a bit of a shiver as he brushed snow from his shoulders and kicked it off his boots. He looked around and was delighted by what he saw. He had heard of Mack from his friend Teion, as she was an apprentice of sorts to the man. Endilix spotted the large man almost immediately and gave him a wave. "Hello, you must be Mack, correct? I'm Teion's friend! I'm here to make a purchse!" Endilix looked around the shop, and saw a good set of starter chain and a nice, solid iron shield. The items appeared to provide no benefit statwise, but that was fine with Endilix as he motioned to Mack that he was interested in the items.

"The starter chain shirt and round iron shield. How much would those be? If I'm gonna tank I had better get the right set of stuff to do it with, right?" He gave a smile to the large man. He seemed warm and friendly, and so Endilix thought he should be the same.

OOC: I've got a bunch of uncommon quality items I need to submit and use up. If you want an enhanced weapon, shield, and heavy armor set let me know.

Mack looked up at the sound of someone entering his shop, his grey eyes performing a quick search. Not that it was difficult to spot the man with the flaming red hair when he entered and asked his question regarding basic starter gear. The massive red-headed blacksmith considered his customer for a moment before speaking. "Why would you want those items when you could have something much better," he asked at last, considering all of the items in his possession for a moment. It would be easy enough to come up with something that had an enhancement of some sort on it for the guy.

Endilix considered the larger man for a moment. "A businessman, I like it!" he said, as he thought over what he said. "Well, I'm not exactly rolling in Col though." Endilix quickly popped up his inventory to check how much he had on hand, and it wasn't much. "I have about 600 Col to my name, although I can pay you in materials for your work. I have a lot more of those. My other concern would be that I don't have actual skills in the items, though I suppose that will come in time, and I could grow with the gear." Endilix rubbed his chin. "Alright, how much would it be for a starter set of uncommon weapon, shield, and heavy armor, in either Col or materials?" he finally said, confirming his choice.

"How many mats do you have," Mack asked, leaning forward and placing both of his massive hands down on one of the display tables. Given that his supply of crafting materials had been nearly exhausted it was time to find a way to replenish those supplies. If this customer was willing to pay in materials, then Mack was perfectly happy to accept crafting materials as a legitimate form of payment. Uncommon items didn't carry that high of a price tag in the first place, but if he could get four or five materials out of them as a set, he'd be pretty happy.

Endilix wasn't exactly all that skilled in the art of haggling, but he was pretty sure a person wasn't supposed to give how much money they had first, usually because that ended up with the shopkeep asking for all of his money. But Teion had only said good things about Mack, and so he eased up a little and popped open his inventory again. "I have 13 materials." Endilix considered the man's skill, and the challenge it must be to make these types of items on demand. And a whole set? Endilix thought further, before finally responding with an extra comment of, "I'll pay you 6 materials for the entire set. 2 materials for each piece. I think that would be fair for enchanted gear from a skilled craftsman such as you."

A single flap folded back just enough to allow the young man a curious peek into the Wanderer's Forge. Inside, he could spot a whole assortment of metalwork including various weapons, shields, and armor sets strewn across several different racks and tables. It reminded him of how he imagined a renaissance fair would look like, had he ever actually attended and seen one.

There seemed to be no doubt here- this was indeed the refuge of a blacksmith. With the wind nipping at his back, Azide poked his head inside and waved at the shopkeep, before letting himself in. Walking up to the front, he raised a brow and pressed a finger to his lower lip as he contemplated this large man before him.

"You're Mack, of the Crimson Blades, aren't you?" he asked, remembering a certain duel between a Mack and a Xion. "But you look... different. Perhaps the distance and angles were playing tricks on my eyes."

He cleared his throat as he pulled a window up before him, darting his eyes between the glowing screen and the hulking man before him. "As my regular blacksmith seems to have gone AWOL, I'm hoping I can count on you to create a certain something for me." He swiveled the screen, showing the man the specifications for a custom dagger.

Name: Chemikaze

Item-Type: One-Handed Dagger

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +2 Damage, +1 Paralyze
Description:  A lightweight dagger consisting of two individual blades placed over a single black hilt in close proximity. A single ring of green circling the hollow center of the guard is the blade's sole adornment. 

"Didn't even use a dagger before all of these changes to the system, but it is what it is," he remarked off-handedly. "And on the issue of cost, I'm willing to of course pay whatever it is you feel would be reasonable."

Edited by Azide

Commission List (In Order of where they are in line): Heavy Armor (Piera), One Handed Spear (Xion), Dagger (Azide)

OOC: Endilix's Response.

Mack nodded his head at Endilix's offer. He had been expecting that the lower-leveled player would try and low-ball him on the offer. They often did. But, two mats per uncommon item was a very acceptable trade as far as the massive blacksmith was concerned. He'd even been prepared to accept slightly less than that, but if the red-headed customer was happy with a six material payment then that was certainly within the acceptance level that Mack would take for the items leaving his shop. "Six mats for the whole set is perfectly acceptable to me," he said, reaching under one of the display tables and producing three items in turn. The first was a steel warhammer called Crippler that would deal paralyze damage on a critical hit. The other items were Steel Heart, a basic shield that offered more protection, and Rampart, a steel breastplate that offered the same. None of the items were flashy or gaudy, but they would get the job done. "These should do the trick, if you find them to your liking."

OOC: Azide's Response.

Mack looked up from what he was doing at the forge as Azide let himself into the shop. The mountain of a blacksmith could tell right away that this was a high level player that he was dealing with and the truth of the matter was that Mack rarely had such people in his shop. Right away, Chewie came rumbling around the edge of the forge to go and greet the newcomer. "Chewie, nyet," Mack barked at the familiar and the bear cub came to a screeching halt, nearly falling over itself in its haste to stop. Then it turned and slunk slowly back to its bed by the forge.

"Sorry to hear that your normal smith is gone," Mack rumbled, considering the specifications of the dagger that Azide showed him. "But, I am indeed Mack of the Crimson Blades and I can craft this dagger for you. I should let you know that Piera and Xion both have commissioned items waiting, but I'll get this done for you as soon as I am able. As to the price, I prefer to haggle rather than have a set price, so make an offer in either mats, col, or any other usable items and we can go from there."

Edited by Mack

Red entered the forge slowly and carefully. She had never actually stepped foot in a place like this before, and wasn't entirely sure what to expect. This forge belonged to the Grand Master of her guild, Mack. He was supposed to be as legendary with an armorers hammer as he was with a weapon. Inside the forge smelt of sweat and Iron, and smoke and dust. It was rustic and real and for a brief moment Red had to close her eyes and soak it all in. Once satisfied she quickly approached the counter and cleared her throat to get Macks attention. "Excuse me, Grand Master. I have an urgent request. A friend of mine needs items of the highest quality and I think you can make what she needs." Red started without skipping a beat. She was nervous to ask for his services, he had after all done so much for her, and she had not been able to do too much in return. "I have these I can Offer you." She said as she pulled open her inventory and deposited 20 Materials into the Forge Vault. As she had been explained this was a one way transaction. She could technically deposit anything, but never could she take anything out. If the merchant or whomever didnt like they could give it back. She then pulled out a piece of paper with the specs for the armor and shield she wanted.

Name: Sanguine Gauntlet

Item-Type: Heavy Armor Gauntlet -Left hand-

Enhancements: +6 regen
Description:  This gauntlet once belonged to a vampire lord from floors far above. It grants its user the ability to live forever, or so the legend goes.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080707150836/lotr/images/4/43/Shield.jpg

Name: Shield of Spite

Item-Type: Kite Shield

Enhancements: +4 Thorns, +1 paralyze
Description: A shield with one purpose, to punish any and all who oppose its wielder.

"My friend will come by and pick them up later." she said quickly taking a bow before disappearing out the front door.

Transferred 20 Materials to Mack.

CRAFTING ATTEMPTS: 22 SEPTEMBER 2015

D: 32416
CD: 6 (5+1) - Good Item - Shield

ID: 32417
CD: 11 (10+1) - Rare Item - RESERVED

ID: 32418
CD: 10 (9+1) - Rare Item - RESERVED

ID: 32419
CD: 10 (9+1) - Rare Item - CLAIMED (Miriko)

ID: 32420
CD: 7 (6+1) - Uncommon Item

ID: 32313
CD: 6 (5+1) - Good Item

ID: 32314
CD: 2 (1+1) - Fail
LD: 19 (SALVAGED)

TOTAL XP: 30

Edited by Mack

Emerath watched as the large man pulled out some items from beneath the counter. Endilix's eyes practically lit up as he looked them over. He knew they were only uncommon, but that was still better than the basic cloth gear he had been running around in and the silly little baby warhammer he had to fight with. Now that hammer, that hammer was a weapon. And the shield! Endilix was practically drooling as he caught himself and reached into his pack and pulled out some crafting materials for the man as payment. Some various ores and stones, totaling six in number, all useful in one way or another to make blacksmithing items, which he placed in a separate bag and placed on the counter for the large man.

"You have a deal, my good man." He said, holding out his hand to shake on it.

Kalesh had recently unlocked the katana skill, so naturally he wanted a katana to use with it! It made him a little annoyed that he had to choose between his currently stronger scimitar and fighting with a katana but such worries would pass when he had more power behind the skill he was sure. It was far more flexible for his purposes, after all. Plus he never planned to use a shield, so he had nothing much to lose upgrading to a two handed curved sword type of weapon. With his internal monologue completed he takes a breath and steps into Mack's large tent where his forge was contained. He was fairly happy he was wearing a jacket thanks to the cold weather of the fourth floor. "Hey, Mack, long time no see!" He grinned as he stepped towards the smith. "IIIIIII'm here for a couple different reasons... Firstly." Kalesh starts tapping through menus and starts to place items on one of the tables in the shop. First the metal breastplate with +3 mitigation that Mack had given him the last time he was there, then a iron heart shaped necklace with a +1 LD, and an Anneal Blade with +1 damage. "A donation I suppose. You have a guild, find a use for them or sell them, whatever you want. You'll get this jacket too once Shirosu finishes the armor I commissioned from her." He whispers "If you wanna give her some materials I won't complaaaaaain" He winks with a grin.

Name: Steel Hide
ID: 28699 CD: 10
Shop: The Wanderer's Forge
Profession: Blacksmith
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +3 MIT
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Description:
A simple, if highly polished, steel breastplate that consists of a front and back plate connected to one another by simple leather straps at the shoulders and sides.

Name: Iron Heart
ID: 28034 CD: 10
Shop: Crystal Dragon Nest
Profession: Artisan
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 LD
Item Type: Charm
Description:
A iron shaped of a heart gives luck on crafting

Name: Anneal Blade
Source: Secret Medicine of the Forest
Item Rank: Uncommon
Enhancements: +1 Damage
Item Type: One-Handed Straight Sword
Description:
A basic one-handed sword that's great for someone starting out, obtained by completing a quest where you slay three Nepents for their medicinal parts.

With that settled in his mind, Kalesh smiled and said to the giant smith "Now, I'd like a katana!" He grinned, his lack of preciseness probably showed what he said next. "Just a decent one, doesn't need to be a perfect." He smiles and goes through his inventory and takes out a medium-sized fish. "I caught this guy not long ago. It'll give you a burst of energy if you eat it." He keeps going through his inventory though. "What else would you like on top of that? I sell this for a lot cheaper than a sword of the same quality would be worth." It was a consumable, after all, not a weapon that lasted more than one fight.

Name: Not-so-Li'l Bigbelly
ID: 32362 CD: 11
Shop: Baiting By The Beach
Profession: Fisherman
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: +4 Energy when eaten, not a cap increase.
Description: A medium sized fish a little smaller than your average bass. It's heavy body lets it burn its fat in an instant to grant it a huge boost of energy when threatened. Eating it grants you its powers.

The mammoth man Mack grumbled his condolences in a voice like gravely thunder, prompting Azide to look him straight in the eyes. Of course, with Mack filling a sizable portion of his field of view, this required him to lift his head to an almost comedic extent. Still, there was nothing comedic about the sentiment expressed in the smith's words, and he nodded appreciatively. Oikawa had been a good blacksmith, and an even better friend. 

After reviewing the specifications of his prospective client's dagger, Mack confessed that he did not abide by the standard practice of set prices. This was not entirely shocking in hindsight, as price values had not been among the many things he'd seen when he'd peered into the forge. Azide flicked away a stray hair from the sleeve of his coat before returning his attention to the shopkeep. "Alas, I'm admittedly not the haggling type," confided Azide, wearing a carefree smile. "Still, I have no problem with offering you the price I would have paid at the Gurando Foji. 2750 col, although admittedly that's after factoring in a 250 col friend discount. But if you were to be generous enough to humor me, I have no problem with being your friend." The young man moved a hand to meet the crook of his neck as a chuckle escaped his lips.

Edited by Azide