Rise of the Goblin King - Event Idea

goblin_king_by_magnaleon-d5me9u4.jpg

adrian_smith_night_goblins.jpg

The time has come, a new Goblin King has risen and the goblins are wilder than they normally are. It seems that this new Goblin King has aspirations to expand his kingdom and rule all that stood before him. In this campaign, you will be fighting through hordes of goblins and the like, carving your way to the Goblin King. On the way to the king, horde of goblins and the like will be attacking towns and villages. 

There will be 2 parts to this campaign happening at the same time. First, there will be a forward party that will be pushing their way through the hordes of goblins towards the goblin king. Second, the villages and towns of said floor will be getting attacked by goblins, so there will be another group of people defending the town. These goblins will spawn indefinitely until the King is defeated. (I figure these guys could be the lower levels while the higher levels, aka the frontline team, deal with the said king.) I think this could be a good event to include high levels and low levels together. I was thinking of maybe placing this in the woodlands of the 2nd floor. Unless someone else has a better place to put this in.

The GMs can make the stats for the goblin king and the goblin hordes. Since I really wouldn't know how to stat those guys that would make it fair. The Goblin King would be found in a dungeon. (so that should give people 15 posts before searching for a dungeon - basically fighting through the horde) 

So... Thoughts?

Edited by Rain

I would love to play through this, to be honest I would like to see a full on campaign of thats even possible on the site. You know army vs army, fighting to claim territory as if it's an actual war. 

Regardless of my stupid ideas I would be 110% down for something like this. 

Just now, Xion said:

I would love to play through this, to be honest I would like to see a full on campaign of thats even possible on the site. You know army vs army, fighting to claim territory as if it's an actual war.

That's why I brought this up. ahahahaha I want to do something that's overwhelming big. My only concern is probably a large amount of people dying. So leveling would be a concern, but judging from how the system is, it should be doable so long as the Hate system is consistently in use. We'll probably need to have more battle healers... other than ebony too.

3 hours ago, Xion said:

Regardless of my stupid ideas I would be 110% down for something like this. 

Sounds like what was planned for ALO.

2 hours ago, Vectis said:

PREPARE FOR COLOR CANCER!!!!!

Each time a PLAYER is KILLED by any kind of GOBLIN, an extra THREE GOBLINS will SPAWN with DOUBLE the STATS of a NORMAL ONE.

I'm bi. Don't matter to me. COLORS! :D

Also, that's what I want to avoid. I don't want people to be dying and making new characters, although it would be avoidable since there is still a chance for that to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Rain said:

That's why I brought this up. ahahahaha I want to do something that's overwhelming big. My only concern is probably a large amount of people dying. So leveling would be a concern, but judging from how the system is, it should be doable so long as the Hate system is consistently in use. We'll probably need to have more battle healers... other than ebony too.

What about me?