[PP-F2] Hunt part II <Morgenstern> completed

Itzal followed Jonathan with an excitement in his soul.  A battle!  To spar with another player at last!  Itzal needed someone to test his skills against and he was tired of being swarmed by a bunch of minor mobs.  However, Itzal hoped there was a secluded place they could spar in.  Before he could voice his reply they found the exit and Itzal gasped in awe of the view.  The sun was setting and the beautiful colors spread out over the sky behind the town.  That combined with the perfect combination of clouds and the moon sitting beside the sun, and the rest of the view of the landscape was breathtaking to say the least.  Velnia sighed with content and Itzal now understood why she loved mountains so much.  As they made their way back Itzal said:

"Yeah I'd love to spar with you!  I've been working on a personal technique and I need someone to practice it with who won't let a secret slip.  Is there somewhere secret in the town we could spar?  And do you have something for us to spar with besides your sword and Retributor?"

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC Don't start the duel in you next post

Jonathan listened as Itzal got very excited about the duel but asked if he different weapons for them to spar with. We would both still use our own weapons. We would just fight until one of us reached half health..." Jonathan looked around. The sun was beginning to set. Jonathan began to walk down the sloped path back to Urbus. the breeze blew perfectly. Finally reaching the bottom of the hil, Jonathan turned to reach Urbus. Upon arrival, Jonathan found a circular area in town. It would be perfect. Does this look like a good enough place for you?

He looked around.  "Yeah this looks good.  But," he looked at Retributor.  "What if you get the bleeding effect in low health?  Then won't you'll end up dying?"  Itzal knew he would do his best to avoid that happening but he knew that adrenaline and a tactical mind could easily blind the fighter.  He wanted to drop the chance of Jonathan dying to a big fat 0.  Velnia also seemed concerned about the choice of his using Retributor.  Itzal wondered if he even had his beginner sword on him at all or if he ended up ditching it.

OOC in your next post put all of your stats up and roll the dice. Whoever has the highest loot dice goes first

Jonathan listened as the boy got worried. It is a half health duel, it should end as soon as I or you reach half health which means that we will stop taking damage then. Jonathan readied his items. This would be a difficult fight but, Jonathan could probably win if he hit hard from the beginning. Jonathan thought. itzal is more of a speed character and will dodge most attacks. If I temporarily stun him, he will be much easier to hit. I can easily stop him unless he gets his bleeding on me. After that... I lose. Jonathan readied his Armor and sent the duel request. 

Jonathan's stats

Spoiler

Stats

Level 7

HP:28

Energy:7

Damage:4

DMG Mitigation:12

Equipment

Polished Sword +2 damage

Black Leather Armor +9 mitigation

Skills

One handed Straight Sword (1)

Light Armor (1)

Loot Dice for Jonathan is nine

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal hesitated but was now assured that it would be safe.  He slowly drew Retributor and lowered his hood and mouthpiece.

"Alright but I think you should start off."  Itzal had seen glimpses of Jonathan's fighting style but never got a good look at it.  He decided that he'd watch Jonathan's attacks, style and technique so he could assess the best way to counter it.  He also knew that unless he could land a bleeding effect on him, he wouldn't deal much damage at all.  And he could only land a strike if he was able to get past his technique.  However, he was also going to use a style he had only recently designed.  He didn't really care if he lost this round.  He'd be ready either way next time.  And he will have perfected his technique.  Itzal tossed Retributor from one hand to the other until he was properly orientated, then prepared his ready stance with his sword toward his opponent, similar to a fencing stance but not quite.  "Ready."

Spoiler

Itzal's stats:

Level 8

HP:  32

8 energy

3 base damage

MIT:  3

Armor- +2 evasive, +1 recovery

Weapon-  +1 damage +1 accuracy +bleeding

Skills

-------------------

Rank 1 one handed sword

Rank 1 light armor

ID#  64368

LD:  4.......... Crap

Edited by Itzal

OOC Itzal and I have agreed to slight Godmodding

Jonathan waited as the time began to run down. He would have to hit from the very beginning. Jonathan stood in a defensive stance. Thirty... Jonathan's first duel. His real test of strength. They seemed equally matched. Jonathan looked up at their names in the sky. A few players gathered around to watch in silence. Fifteen Seconds... Jonathan smiled and then his face went pure serious. This was for real. Zero. I was time. Jonathan dashed forward. He struck forward, but the quick player dodged. Jonathan grimaced as he struck multiple times. Ducking, dodging. Then Jonathan struck forward, hitting the player's sword. The player staggered back and Jonathan moved in. Jonathan missed the boy by inches. is armor. Jonathan angered, moved in a defensive position. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 14/14 6/7

Itzal 16/16 

64369 BD: 7-2=5 Miss

Edited by Morgenstern

As the numbers on appeared overhead Itzal was astonished and a little disappointed that other players had gathered around.  Then he had decided it didn't matter.  As soon as the countdown hit zero Jonathan charged, striking in no particular order.  'So he fights like a berserker then' he thought to himself.  Itzal blocked the last attack which was dangerously close to hitting him.  No matter.  He smiled at Jonathan as he now knew exactly how to counter his attack.  He went on the offense, pushing his opponent's sword a good ways away from him and swung Retributor with precision, designed not to hit Jonathan, but to keep the momentum of his foes blade up.  That was his plan of course.  But Jonathan wasn't a fool and worked to undo the momentum and regain a hold.  'Time for the technique' Itzal thought.  After a strong hit on the sword with an uppercut he let go of the sword and let his left arm which was already in the air grab the handle, bringing the sword down at Jonathan with the full momentum of his body's twist and gravity force from his arms downward strike.  His blade cut right between Jonathan's shoulder and neck.  Causing a bleeding effect which Itzal knew sealed the duel.

ID#  64370

BD:  10

Result

------------

Jonathan:  13/14  <>  6/7 energy  bleeding effect added

Itzal:  16/16  <>  7/8 energy

Edited by Itzal

After what Jonathan thought he defended, Itzal did an outstanding uppercut, then brought down his sword, into Jonathan's neck. Jonathan smiled. He knew he had lost. The individual was the fastest player he knew. Jonathan was not going to go out with a fight. Jonathan then realized his mistake. He was fighting like and assault. He was a tank. He needed to fight like one. He slowly moved up. He struck the boy sword, then tried to stab him, but he parried the attack. Jonathan fell forward, without balance. He slashed at the boy but he was much to quick. Jonathan regained momentum and assumed a defense position. 

Spoiler

Jonathan:  13/14  <>  5/7 energy  bleeding effect added

Itzal:  16/16  

64372 BD:1

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched as Jonathan's tactics changed.  'Good' he thought.  'Someone who knew how to detect when to switch tactics was a good challenge.  He returned the attack with his new technique.  It worked like such:  Itzal would strike with one arm, and after making contact or missing, he'd let go and switch to his other arm and strike almost instantly after.  It was designed to work like duel wielding in the sense that you don't give your opponent a chance to strike back.  Sure he used it briefly to set the stage, but Jonathan probably thought it was just a quick move, a trick.  He was about to be proven wrong.  Applying this technique he unleashed a flurry of attacks, not as fast as he hoped to be one day due to this technique being new, but quick enough for Jonathan to focus all his concentration on where Itzal's blade landed.  Which gave Itzal the perfect opportunity to push his opponent's blade away long enough to get a solid kick in his foreleg and swing Retributor up his side causing another crit and renewing the bleeding effect.

ID#  64373

BD:  9

Result

------------

Jonathan:  4/14  <>  5/7 energy  Bleeding effect renewed

Itzal:  16/16  <>  6/8 energy

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan blocked a series of hits, then the boy switched his sword hands and struck him again. Jonathan staggered back. The bleeding was renewed. Jonathan smiled. The boy was much stronger than Jonathan had imagined. He still had not taken a hit. Jonathan smiled and attacked. The sword glided past the boy a few times. He slashed again, ending up inches from the boy again. Jonathan stopped. He sheathed his blade. "You are much stronger than I ever even imagined. Jonathan stood there and awaited for his bleeding to finish him. 

Spoiler

Jonathan:  4/14  <>  4/7 energy  Bleeding effect renewed

64378 BD:6-2=4 miss

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal stopped his stream of thoughts and sheathed his blade and lowered his hood and mouthpiece grinning.  "I doubt I would have gotten very far without Retributor to be honest," he admitted.  "It's a strong sturdy blade and the bleeding has certainly got me out of a lot of trouble.  You though!" he returned.  "Your armor really does help!  I doubt I'd be a good tank but you fit the job perfectly!"  He laughed and then noticed the other players cheering his victory.  And he honestly didn't know how to react to it.  He had been bullied by nearly everyone at school irl and wasn't popular with anyone unless it was in the digital world.  Even then he was disliked because he won so many fights they all called him Hacker Andro.  To hear cheering was completely alien to him.

Match over:  Bleeding finishing blow.  Victor:  Itzal

Jonathan listened as Itzal talked about how how he probably wouldn't have made it far without his sword. "I don't know, you are almost impossible to hit... Jonathan sighed. He sent another half health duel. If I can just land a good enough hit. I will have to block and counter... Jonathan brought out his sword. Just don't bleed me out on the first turn eh? Jonathan grabbed his sword and pointed at Itzal. I'll let you attack first..." The clock began to run down.

OOC - New match:  Half duel, both parties agree to godmodding.  And do we lose one energy for each post in a duel?

Stats:

Spoiler

Jonathan

Stats

Level 7

HP:28

Energy:7

Damage:4

DMG Mitigation:12

Equipment

Polished Sword +2 damage

Black Leather Armor +9 mitigation

Skills

One handed Straight Sword (1)

Light Armor (1)

Spoiler

Itzal's stats:

Level 8

HP:  32

8 energy

3 base damage

MIT:  3

Armor- +2 evasive, +1 recovery

Weapon-  +1 damage +1 accuracy +bleeding

Skills

-------------------

Rank 1 one handed sword

Rank 1 light armor

Itzal ran techniques and counters through his head.  His technique had worked perfectly so he'd use it when he needed to.  It wasn't perfected after all and had a flaw or two he had to sort out.  He waited until the number hit zero and struck at Jonathan.  He smiled as Jonathan blocked the attack and moved his body like one would when trying to make an opening for a counter attack.  Itzal moved to block this move and swung his sword with precision again, forcing him to back up.  Itzal swung his blade over and over again until he found a weakness.  For defense and counter moves the wielder had to keep the weapon close to them.  Itzal was guessing that because Jonathan had fought mobs and never faced someone else with a blade he was used to holding the weapon farther from him so as to strike before he was hit.  This allowed Itzal to push the blade to the side and strike at his friend without having to worry about a counter attack.  He knew Jonathan would adapt quickly though, being the intelligent fighter that he was so he ran by him and turned around, ready to parry and dodge more attacks.

ID#  64384

BD:  8

Result

-----------

Jonathan:  13/14

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan stood his ground as the other boy charged forward. Jonathan blocked a series of bows, then the boy knocked his sword to the side, and made his attack. Jonathan grimaced. He struck the boy's, sword and made a swipe miss. Jonathan struck froward again and Itzal countered. Jonathan dodged as the other boy struck again. Jonathan stepped into the next attack, shoving the boy. Jonathan stabbed at Itzal and the boy rolled away. This kid is much too fast!

Spoiler

Jonathan 13/14 6/7

Itzal 16/16

64385 BD:6-2=4

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal parried and evaded his opponent's attacks and watched as he used the same tactic.  Of course he didn't have to worry about getting hit as much!  As long as he could avoid the bleeding effect he'd be fine!  If Itzal was struck by his friend's sword however, he'd receive quite a bit of damage.  He dodged his friend's attack and stabbed at his friend, trying to hit him on the wrist, hopefully to land a crit.  His friend saw this however and moved it just in time so that his arm was hit rather than the wrist.  This was a much more interesting duel.

ID#  64387

BD:  6

Result

------------

Jonathan:  12/14  <>  6/7 energy

Itzal:  16/16  <>  6/8 energy

Edited by Itzal

i hate Niger Natio

Jonathan watched as Itzal made his move. The black haired boy used mostly stabbing attacks. Jonathan was surprised he did not use a rapier. Jonathan crept forawd, in a stance which made it almost impossible to counter attack. Jonathan struck forward, testing the boy's defense. Jonathan stabbed forward, but the boy rolled to the side. Jonathan grimaced and backed up to allow him to have more reaction time. The boy's armor made it almost impossible to hit him. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 12/14 5/6

Itzal 16/16

64424 BD:6-2=4

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal fell back a little when Jonathan changed his stance to better adjust to the situation.  He made it impossible for Itzal to counter his strikes.  Itzal thought for a moment on how he should continue.  He came up with an idea but he had to set the stage up first.  He continued to parry the attacks but moved so that they circled a little.  'Come on, just a little more.'  He saw Jonathan make a strong slash and Itzal made the last dodge.  Instead of blocking the attacked that came instantly afterward, he moved out of the way and let the sunlight blind him.  When he instinctively raised his hand to block the sunlight he slashed at his torso dealing minimum damage again.

ID#  64438

BD:  6

Result

----------

Jonathan:  11/14

Edited by Itzal

CAN I JUST GET AN 8 THATS ALL I ASK!

Jonathan swiped over and over. Niger Natio made it impossible to even make contact. After a series of slashes Jonathan stopped. He stood still with his sword in front of him. Jonathan took a deep breath and dashed forward. Faster!... Jonathan struck the boys sword. Stepping in, Jonathan made a swipe at the boy's chest. Itzal rolled backward, causing Jonathan to swing at empty air. The kid was much too fast! Jonathan sighed. Could I please ask you to STOP DODGING! Jonathan cracked a smile and readied to block. 

Spoiler

Same as Itzal's post

64447 BD:6-2=4

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal saw the grin on Jonathan's face and would have returned it if he wasn't so focused, and if his hood and mouthpiece weren't up.  He blocked his opponent's strike and held it there.

"Could I please ask you to take a little more damage?" he returned, and broke the hold, striking over and over again with his technique until he finally landed a hit.  Unfortunately he dealt minimum damage once again.  He had to make a crit!

ID#  64448

BD:  5  (+ 1 accuracy)

Result

-----------

Jonathan:  10/14

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan blocked repeatedly, until he took a hit and pressed forward. Jonathan swiped again and again but never any luck. Itzal had not taken any damage the whole time that they had dueled. this duel was never going to get anywhere. Jonathan pressed forward, his sword landed inches always from where the boy was. He did not over dodge, he just moved far enough so he was not getting damaged. Jonathan sighed and returned to a defensive position.

Spoiler

Same as Itzal's post.

64449 BD:5-2=3

Edited by Morgenstern