[PP-F2] Hunt part II <Morgenstern> completed

When Jonathan jumped back to a more defensive position Itzal jumped back, giving the two of them a few seconds to breath.  If he couldn't get a bleeding on Jonathan things could turn ugly.  He knew that Jonathan's total damage could be devastating, especially if he landed a critical hit.  Itzal took one last deep breath before he charged once again, locking swords with Jonathan before preparing a volley of strikes.

ID#  64450

BD:  2

Result

------------

Nothing changed

Jonathan  10/14

Itzal  16/16

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan watched as Itzal stood for a moment. Then The boy moved forward and Jonathan and Itzal locked swords. Jonathan stared at the boy for a moment. Jonathan smiled and pressed forward, breaking the lock of swords. With a yell, Jonathan dashed forward. He stabbed forward with his sword. The sword touched the cloth of the boy's armor, but nothing more. Jonathan slashed, midattack, but the boy predicted it and ducked. somersaulting backwards, Jonathan returned to a defensive stance. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 10/14

Itzal 16/16

64451 BD:7-2=5

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal was noticing a pattern in his friend's attacks.  It was a defender's version of hit and run.  They'd block in a defensive position until they saw an opening, then attempt a counter.  Whether or not it was a successful hit they'd return to the defensive position afterward.  Itzal just had to recall a technique that is best against such a-  His train of thought paused when Jonathan's sword nipped at his cloak.  He saw that the attack had done nothing more than make a jagged edge at the edge of one of his sleeves.  What really got him was that it was the sleeve his bracelet was tucked under.  It was even shook into view if you looked closely.  He chuckled darkly.

"Your my friend," he said, "so I'll warn you.  I'm going full out now."  He charged at Jonathan with full force, striking with no particular pattern and with so much force.  When this tactic change caught him off guard he swung his sword art uppercut, stunning Jonathan.

ID#  64452

BD:  7

Result

-------------

Jonathan:  9/14  + stun effect

Itzal:  16/16  <>  3/8 energy (- 5 uppercut)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan listened as the boy chuckled. It was a nice one. It was dark and brooding. Jonathan smiled. The dark haired boy charged, He swung his sword randomly. Jonathan blocked them all with ease and stepped in to deal a blow that Itzal could not dodge. The Itzal's sword began to glow a bright blood red, Jonathan distracted watch it hit him hard. Jonathan was hit in the chest, and flew into the air with a back flip. Jonathan landed on his feet but then his body began to feel like lead, as he laid on the ground. Stunned. He looked at the boy and could almost see an evil smile. Where Jonathan had cut on the cloth, was something shiny. It was put easily into view by all dark colors surrounding it. A bracelet?

The instant before he struck at him again the image of his verbana bracelet, the only reminder of Aimi his sister, flashed in his mind.  He saw Jonathan recovering from the stun and he dashed forward like lightning, stabbing him in the chest and running past him before he could fully recover.  He'd let his energy recover a little before pulling that off again.  It may have saved him and it may have been a waste.  Either way, Jonathan now knew that this fight became serious.

ID#  64459

BD:  6

CD:  7

Result

------------

Jonathan:  8/14

Itzal:  16/16  <>  4/8 energy (+1 recovery)

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan began to get up and the boy stabbed him like a bolt of lightning. Jonathan was hit backwards but landing on his feet. Itzal had seemed to have a new thing that he was fighting for. It began to look like it was something serious. Jonathan's smile faded. He pointed his sword at itzal and stood doing nothing. Jonathan examined Itzal. Anger seemed to be unfolding out of him. His sword arts seeped a darker hue. Jonathan would not die but he was temporarily scared. Jonathan stood in a defensive position.

Spoiler

Jonathan 8/14 

Itzal 16/16 

64461 BD:5-2=3

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal charged and unleashed another flurry of attacks, striking over and over again at his foe.  Uninvited thoughts flashed in his mind, starting with the verbana bracelet breaking, followed by his sister crying over his body, followed by him dying in this game.  no No NO!!!  He would not fail!  He would beat this death game!  And nothing would stand in his way!  He knew Jonathan wasn't the cause of all this, in fact he felt bad that he had to see Itzal in his wrathful state.  But he also knew that the last time he had a phase like this and kept it all in rather than releasing it... It wasn't pretty.  It was probably better for both of them for him to just vent his emotions through his sword.

ID#  64462

BD:  1

CD:  3

Result

------------

No change

Edited by Itzal

Jonathan watched as the person seemed to leak from Itzal's eyes. The boy was just striking ruthlessly. Jonathan blocked the attacks. The boy seemed to be more a mob, then a person at the moment. Attacking ruthlessly. Jonathan struck a series of blows back, Itzal blocked them all and began to press through with the attack. Something was wrong. He was blocking no dodging. Jonathan stood in a defensive stance to think of what he was going to do. 

Spoiler

Jonathan 8/14

itzal 16/16

64468 BD:6-2=4

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal's tactic changed completely.  Instead of finding away around Jonathan's defensive tactics, he began to break through them.  His relentless and endless strikes became stronger and stronger with determination, raw emotion and the momentum his technique gave him.  Eventually he struck hard a certain way, knocking the sword from Jonathan's hands.  Retributor struck at Jonathan at least five times before Jonathan leaped out of the way and grabbed the sword right before Itzal swung down at him.  Jonathan blocked the attack and they locked.  He could see that Jonathan had a safe dose of fear.  Not terror, but enough fear to respect that this fight could go any way at this point.

ID:  64469

BD:  6

CD:  6

Result

-------------

Jonathan:  7/14

Itzal:  16/16  <>  5/8 energy (+1 recovery)

Edited by Itzal

Sorry, I am also playing diep.io

Jonathan watched as Itzal pushed and pushed through Jonathan's defenses. The boy relentlessly striking over and over till he finally broke in. Itzal struck and they locked swords. There was no color in his eyes. The thing attacking was not Itzal. It had no desire but to kill. A look caught on Jonathan's surprised face, and the force the boy was pushing shoved him back again. Jonathan grimaced. 

Spoiler

Same as last

64470 BD:4 JUST ONE HIT! WOULD MAKE ME SO HAPPY!

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal held the lock as long as he could.  Although he had to let the anger seep out he didn't enjoy releasing it on Jonathan.  Itzal's grip loosened just a little.  He didn't deserve it and he hoped he would forgive Itzal afterward.  After that though Jonathan sensed the laxness and pushed, breaking the lock.  As soon as he did Itzal couldn't hold back the images and the anger seeped in again.  He'd prove to them all.  He would never be taken down.  And if any pkers or wannabe's were watching he'd show them that they could never get the jump on him, never take him down!  Itzal hated it, but it had to be done.  'Forgive me Jonathan but I have to finish this.'

ID#  64472

BD:  4

CD:  12

Result

----------

Jonathan:  7/14

Itzal:  16/16  <>  6/8 energy (+1 recovery)

Edited by Itzal

OOC Make your final post, Then we will end it...

Jonathan watched as the creature seemed to completely lose it. It let out an outburst of rage. A small purple thing flew at Jonathan blowing smoke in his face. Velnia... She's picking up on her master's rage, and has become uncontrolled... Jonathan gripped his sword tightly. He charged the creature, hitting its blade to the side. He pushed the boy with his open hand. Jonathan leapt back wards. "RESIGN" Jonathan sheathed his sword, and looked at Itzal. "I did not end the duel because of the fact that I was going to lose, Which I was.... It is because I did not believe that it was a friendly fight anymore.... I did not think it was Itzal that I was fighting" Jonathan opened the menu and dissolved the party, Itzal's name disappearing. "I do wish to see you again so this is not goodbye... This is farewell for now. Jonathan walked over to the teleport pad. "Oh, and on floor six, you can take a quest called calming the soul... you should really take it. Jonathan closed his eyes and whispered "Town of beginnings" A blue light was cast around Jonathan and he dissapeared.

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal stood there, partly exhausted, partly sorrowful, but partly angry, except that the anger turned on Itzal.  How could he?!  He was so close to making a friend!  And now he'd driven him away.  He barely heard the words "wish to see you again" and looked up.  Jonathan told him about a quest and the name made it obvious how Jonathan saw him now.  After the parted Itzal inwardly cursed himself and stood there.  The players were still watching so he began walking to a secluded spot and hid there.  There, in the darkness, with Velnia panting from the sudden outburst, he cried.  He cried for his friends.  He cried for his sister.  And he cried for the sake of his sanity.