{PP-F6} Fires and Shadows <Itzal, Morgenstern, Beatbox, Hakai, Zandra, Kasier>

With a sigh of relief as the last goblin was turned into blue and white crystals. Not really because I was safe. Rather that our tank, that have been losing quite some health. But on second tougth, he haven’t lost that much if you think that we was fighting fifteen elite goblins. Mostly because I was down to so low enery I would ony be able to use my strongest sword art one more time, but not the AoE one. Itzal told me and Kasier to heal up our tank. Thou I ignored it and took a moment to sit down, leaning on a pillar. Not only because I knew Kasier would heal Morgenstern up to full ealth in one successful heal, maybe two. So I wouldn’t be needed. I also wanted the dedicated healer to make her feel useful. I do remembered myself when I was only healer, there was no one ever needing me. For me, the heal skill was a complete waste. I leaned my head to the pillar, slightly tilted upwards and shut my eyes. I took slower but deeper breaths and relaxed, shutted out the surrondings.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan watched with Itzal as the goblins began to hack down the entrance, preventing the players escape. Kasier was trying to move over and heal him in the dark, but it did not work well until Itzal gave her a glowing crystal. Do I still have the purple one he gave me? The blond began to scroll through his inventory until he found what he was looking for. In seconds he had a large glowing purple stone in his palm. The blond felt a warm touch on his back and instantly his life bar shot up. The blond turned and nodded his greatfulness to Kasier. "So are we prevented escape, or we prevented from moving on. I can't exactly tell." Jonathan sighed and awaited an answer from Itzal. They all needed to gain back their energy, so they would have enough for the boss fight. Jonathan though, was beginning to feel warmer as they progressed, and he felt as if there was dark energy waiting for them on the other side. Kinda made him a bit nervous. 

HP List:
Morgenstern:
 620/620 | E: 51/62 | (Posts: 1/3)
Zandra: 1,215/1,215 | E: 19/120 | (Posts: 0/3)
Beatbox: 715/715 | E: 18/70 | (Posts: 0/3)
Itzal: 860/860 | E: 34/86 | (Posts: 1/3)
Hakai: 620/620 | E: 43/62 | (Posts: 0/3)
Kasier: 480/480 | E: 48/48 | (Posts: 1/3)

Itzal also stopped when Kasier stared at him, feeling awful for what he did once again.  However the moment was brief and she took the crystal and walked over to Jonathan.  Itzal finished handing out the crystals but it seemed that Jonathan still had the one Itzal had given him a while back...  Even Itzal had forgotten about it.  Afterwards Jonathan asked him a question and Itzal shook his head.  "No, there is an exit.  That will be after the boss.  Remember how this is an advanced dungeon?  We can't escape until the boss is dead.  But we can't exactly find the way forward until we get the lights on now can we?  Come on, let's see if these machines have a light source."  Itzal began walking along the walls and holding his crystal high to try illuminating the ceiling.  He hoped the others were helping as well but regardless if they were or not, he continued to search.  If he had night vision this would be cake he thought.  Oh well.  The crystals should help everyone get the job done, especially if they all worked together.  This was an advanced dungeon after all.  Itzal wondered yet again what could have scared the goblins away...

2/3 posts

• 4 weeks later...

Hakai let out a long sigh, her hand resting on the pommel of her katana. "Dont wimp out now guys. We're already in and it would be folly to turn back now, whether or not we're prevented." She stated in a calm, bored tone of voice. She was tired of the talking and was ready for some action, even if it led to the deaths of some of the others in her party. "Either way we're screwed if we arent prepared to face whatever scared the enemy away. So prepare yourself mentally to face something that might seem scary. If I had to guess i'd say that its gonna be terrifying. And then it's going to be a piece of cake." She continued on, cocking her head to the side as she looked at Itzal. She disliked him quite a lot, but at least he was taking charge of them and explaining the technical reason why they couldn't leave. Everyone had a use. She needed to remind herself of that before she started plotting murder. She couldn't help it, the thoughts just sprang unbidden from the darkened recesses of her mind whenever she saw him being his do-good self. 

After Kasier's success in healing Jonathan, she returned back to the corner that she had been standing in for almost the entirety of the dungeon raid so far. The most hidden area of the battlefield is also the best place for a healer to be because the healer does not respond kindly to taking damage and hence, must remain hidden in order to avoid it. For the moment, it seemed that the party was just resting up, recovering energy in order to defeat future mobs that might come their way. This was a hard dungeon and she can definitely tell the intensity of it already as even Zandra was low on energy as a result of the previous wave of enemies. Sure, no one truly took a significant damage but she had yet to have an experience like this in Sword Arts Online - though she had yet to have any experience in this game to be fair. Kasier sighed, she had to say that she was quite lonely at this point. She missed the company of Itzal but the situation was way too awkward for her to initiate conversation. She knew that she would eventually have to sort out the situation but she was doing her best to procrastinate until the moment that she can no longer bare the sensation of not being able to talk to Itzal. For now though, she too would rest from the lack of action that she has experienced so far as well as the walking that she had to go through in order to reach this location. Soon, though, the players should be underway - Actually, maybe not soon - but at least as soon as the energies of the players return to full.

HP List:
Morgenstern:
 620/620 | E: 51/62 | (Posts: 1/3)
Itzal: 860/860 | E: 36/86 | (Posts: 2/3)
Hakai: 620/620 | E: 45/62 | (Posts: 1/3)
Kasier: 480/480 | E: 48/48 | (Posts: 2/3)

I was staying at my spot, leaning towards the pillar with closed eyes as I was listening to the other in our party’s conversations. Morgenstern, sounding a little like a noob by asking us other the situation instead of checking himself as when I opened a small stripe on my left eye only saw him scrolling thru his inventory before I entered complete darkness again. Itzal on the other hand sounded like he saw some mechanic and footsteps indicating he was walking towards whatever he was talking about. My eyes rolled behind my eyelids as I herd Hakai that only tried to keep our courage and fighting spirit  up, that it sounded like everyone had anyway. And then stated that they was either screwed at the boss. Or it would be a piece of cake. I myself thougth it wouldn’t be that hard. The mobs did drained our energy, but it wasn’t directly hard. None had suffered damage to fall in the dangerous zone.

2/3 OOC posts

Edited by Zandra

And so the party had began to regain their energy before the big boss fight, he took a deep breath as the group remained silent other than Hakai, which he had nodded his head and gave her a smile in response. He didn't really know what to say nor do, it was rather... odd, he didn't know why half of these people even trusted him despite his cursor, but he only assumed that they saw him as a actual friend other than just another player killer. He took a deep breath and sheathed his sword for now, he knew that he wasn't going to be a star forever, especially with the cursor that he had... he wasn't feeling the superstar look anymore, he lacked the will to even do so anymore, he had half a thought to just wear a set of vanity clothing that he had, however his stats would be absolutely terrible... so he instead dealt with the emotional pain that he had and continued to fight with what he has got.

[1/3]

Jonathan sighed and stepped forward. He would leave Itzal to the job of figuring out how to get out of the trap thing. The man had much better scouting abilities and appeared to enjoy little things like this. Little mind puzzles or such. He sat on the ground, his armor making a noise as it was forced into the ground. Fiddling with the glowing purple stone in his hand, Jonathan sighed. He needed to become much stronger. He was not good enough to be on the frontlines with the stats he had. He really needed to increase his mitigation. He noticed everyone's energy was slowly beginning to rise. Zandra and Beatbox were the main ones who needed it, but for the fight of a advanced boss, they would need all the man power they could possibly get. Jonathan had to regulate hate before he could start attacking, but if the creature had a large amount of mitigation, then he would not do anything to really affect it. He still had a low amount of damage as his job for the moment was mitigation, not damage. Someday he would be a mix between the builds, but today was not that day. 

3/3 posts

A sigh escaped me when there didnt seemed to be much activity from the other players in our part. I took a few steps away from the pillar and the group, the sound of their presence getting slightly lower as the distance sound system kicked in. Soon it was time, time to take down the final boss of this dungeon. I glanced up and saw my energy finally increased regeneration speed and hitted full. A smile on my lips as I focused myself. The boss wouldn’t be easy to take down alone. Well, that depended if the others could keep up with my speed as soon as the way forward was clear. Thou I actually didn’t cared much about them right now. They would all be safe behind me when I engage the fight. I equipped my greataxe and started to walk towards Itzal at the place where the way forward was leading.

Edited by Zandra

Itzal made his way around the cavern searching for some sort of light source.  Soon enough he found a spherical crystal and spotted the slot not too far away.  When he placed the crystal in the slot, the crystal began to glow and suddenly, floating lights appeared from nowhere, revealing a massive door.  Itzal didn't notice that Jonathan had moved away.  Itzal made his way over to the doorway and immediately got to work on the puzzle.  He started with figuring out what all the small and large parts did.  Once he did so he stepped back to look at the puzzle, his mind going through different possibilities.  Once he was sure he figured out what the objective was, he began to get to work.  As he messed with the puzzle he wondered what was hiding behind these doors.  It could be anything.  When he unlocked it he smiled and stepped back.  "Alright guys here we go!"  The doors opened up and he noticed that Zandra was the only one who was ready to fight.  Everyone else seemed either down, distracted or just plain old exhausted still.  He turned to her.  "Seeing as how this isn't a high leveled dungeon, we should be able to take this together.  I think I can tank it, seeing as how I have evasion skills, and you can deal the damage afterwards?"  Hoping to get this over with, Itzal made his way through the door and as he did he heard more goblins scream, then be cut off by the sound of a sword.  When they reached the other cavern Itzal saw an eight foot armored figure with a huge sword, hacking at the goblins.  "You had one command!  You were to give me the land above!  Now you will pay for your treachery!"  He then turned and saw Itzal and Zandra, and began to make his way over.  Itzal drew his sword and charged.  The king struck at Itzal but he dodged it rather easily, seeing as how the king had been hacking at goblins who couldn't dodge squat, it was a big change with someone who actually knew how to dodge.  And Itzal released Nova Ascension, stunning the boss and dealing a little damage.  He turned to Zandra.  "Alright Zan, you're up!"

ID#  75602  BD:  4+3=7  CD:  7  MD:  5-3=2

[H1] Itzal:  860/860  <>  46/86  <2/3 energy:  58.  58-12=46>
[H0] @Zandra1,215/1,215 <64/120>

Dark King's Spirit:  552/600  <8x9-24=48 dmg.  Boss is stunned>

Edited by Itzal

I followed Itzal about half a dozen meters behind when he solved the riddle and advanced thru this dungeon. I think I could have solved it myself, but not this quickly and today I was to exhausted after taking down all those goblins back then. Sometimes I wished I haven’t been this high level, thanks to that, all mobs increase their health and makes it harder to get loot from them. But there was nothing to do against it now.

I saw the, knight?, as he slayed his own soldiers just because they didn’t followed his command, the command to conquer the world above. A smile on my face as Itzal began to charge forward. I was prepared to solo it, but he seemed to want to do some fighting as well.’’Well, I don’t have anything against it at all anyway.’’ I said to myself as I followed, activated my charge skill to remove the boss from the underground.

As the distance towards the boss was reduced in bare moments from the skill, my strongest sword art activated and sliced the boss twice, ripping off a large chunk of his health. When the sword art was complete, I backed away to let Itzal do the next attack.

ID: 75634
BD: 9= Crit +1 19+1=20x14=280-24=256 Dmg

[H1] Itzal:  860/860  <>  46/86  <2/3 energy:  58.  58-12=46>
[H2] Zandra: 1,215/1,215 <92/120>

Dark King's Spirit:  296/600  <Boss is stunned>

Edited by Zandra

And thus, they had ran into the boss room prematurely without much time to rest up. Beatbox had sighed and followed behind, I guess it was now or never he assumed, he followed behind and watch Itzal paralyze the boss and then Zandra follow up behind dealing an excessive amount of damage to the boss, however this boss had seemed pretty average, Beatbox had grinned upon this, however this was not going to stop Beatbox from attacking with little energy he had left. He had lunged forward with a battle cry as he had fully charged up his sword to unleash the ultimate attack that he had and hit the boss with slash after slash and blow after blow seeing its health deplete to almost nothing... a sixth of what it had left, he had looked behind him and looked at the team members that stood left he had taken a deep breath, this was the homestretch. 

-----

ID: 75638 - BD: 5+4=9

Sword Art Used: 14+6=20*11=220-24=196

Beatbox: 715/715 - 8/70 [-11 EN]

Dark Kings Spirit: 100/600 - Stunned [-196 HP]

Jonathan watched as they seemed to run forward just like that. It appeared Itzal had gotten them out of the trap. A dark soldier was slashing away at the goblins, and Jonathan could not help but to just smile. Those little guys deserved it. Jonathan enjoyed hunting them though. He unsheathed his sword and was about to attack before remembering he was the tank. He sighed and prepared himself. Releasing all of his emotions at once he gave a great <<Howl>> that appeared to gather the attention of the boss. There really was no point, Hakai would be finishing it off like it was nothing. This creature was definitely much to easy for all the goblins they had fought and the time they had wasted. "Alright, lets get this guy dead. As much as I like the death of goblins, this guy needs to die!" That sparked a memory that had not come up in a while. He and Itzal still needed to find the real Goblin King. 

HP List:
Morgenstern:
 620/620 | E: 62/62 | (Posts: 1/3)
Itzal: 860/860 | E: 36/86 | (Posts: 2/3)
@Hakai 620/620 | E: 45/62 | (Posts: 1/3)
Kasier: 480/480 | E: 48/48 | (Posts: 2/3)

Dark King's Spirit  100/600

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal watched as the others in the group joined the fray.  Itzal smiled before making preparations to attack.  He saw Zandra rush in and deal massive damage to the boss.  Then Beat rushed in after, striking and dealing great damage of his own.  After Beatbox, Jonathan rushed in and used his howl.  Itzal knew that wasn't needed.  Especially since Itzal was already tanking it this time.  The king roared with hatred and changed it's gaze to Jonathan.  "WEAKLINGS!!!  YOU NEED NUMBERS TO TAKE ME DOWN?!  YOU ALL ARE WRETCHED WORMS!!!  The wanted to charge, he wanted to charge so badly.  However the stun effect was holding him back.  With it distracted Itzal charged forward.  Itzal released Shadow Explosion, dealing decent damage again and landing the Bleed effect.  When he did the King broke free of the stun effect.  Itzal leaped backward and turned to @Beatbox"Hey Beat!  You think you have enough energy to finish it off?  It doesn't have much health left!"

Morgenstern: 620/620 | E: 62/62 |
Zandra: 1,215/1,215 | E: 19/120 |
Beatbox: 715/715 | E: 8/70 |
Itzal: 860/860 | E: 18/86 |

Dark King's Spirit  100/600  <8x9-24=48 dmg.  Bleed added.  2/2 bleed>

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had looked over to Zandra, who had done the most amount of damage to the boss so far, then looked back at Itzal and Morgenstern who had been working their butts off just to try to get the littlest amounts of damage. Beatbox had shook his head, we needed to end this battle now... and he means now, he was going to use what little energy he had left to perform one last sword art upon the boss, his sword glowed and exploded with energy as he had used every point of energy he had left... he grew fatigued... but his head stood up as he let out a battle cry as he ran forward to take down the boss, and with slash after slash he had watched as the bosses' HP had fell to zero HP. Once the boss was completely out of HP he grew weak and fell to his knees as he then was out of energy.

@Itzal

-----

ID: 75945 - BD: 8+4=12

Sword Art Used: Lightning Fall (14+6=20*8=160)

Beatbox: 715/715 - 0/70 [+1 / -8 EN]

Dark Kings Spirit: 0/600 - [-160 HP]

Total Loot: 22750 Col / 14 T1 Materials