A banner sits in front of a building that states

Daeron's Armory and Defenses

The shop having received plenty of business finally had expanded to a larger structure. Daeron took the time to fix up the interior and make it larger for more display and more people to enter inside. There now stood about 5 display cases and 2 shelves with gear all over each. Then in the back of the room was the anvil and the forge where Daeron kept the new counter so that he could get orders directly while he was doing his crafting work.

Rank 5: 6 Crafts a day
Experience: 174/320

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)
2=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)
3=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)
4-7=Good Item 2 EXP
8-9=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)
10-11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)
12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

Shop Inventory
0 Material

Waiting List
---------------------------

Tristan Delaney - Weapon

Mari - Gauntlets

Displayed Weapons and Armors

Item: Two Handed Sword
Name: Fortune's Edge
Description: The player who wields this special weapon feels like they have a higher reward rate.
Ability: +1 Loot Dice
Cost: 1 Material

Weapon Name: Brute Sword
Quality: Uncommon
Item Description: The sword glows with a white aura, showing that it holds a power. It is appraised to have the ability to provide a bit more "bite" to the attack of the wielder.
Ability: +1 Damage

Item Name: Plate of Defense

Item Quality: Uncommon

Item Type: Chest Plate

Item Description: A plate that looks nearly normal, but is able to endure slightly more than the average metal.

Item Abilities: +1 Damage Mitigation

Item Name: Helm of Speed

Item Type: Helmet

Item Description: A helmet that looks like a normal helmet, but this one is capable of making an attack easier to dodge.

Item Abilities: +1 Evasion

Item Name: Spear of Attacking

Item Type: One-Handed Spear

Item Description: A spear that looks like it could deal slightly more damage than a basic one.

Item Ability: +1 Damage

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daeron looked at his materials and placed them in front of him. He gathered together 3 Iron Ingots from his set of 9 to prepare himself for the item he was about to attempt to make some armor for his friend Darius. He had gathered the materials with Daeron and now this is what he promised him as a back payment for his help. Daeron aligned the three ingots in a line together and used his hammer in the back of the shop and began to hammer it several times.

Crafting Attempt 1 of 2

2-4=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

The items had turned into an item, a set of armor, however they seemed to be in very poor condition, making them unable to be equipped by any player. Instead of trying to recover the materials, Daeron grabs three new ingots of the six he had remaining and made another attempt to craft the item he needs to make. The hammer smashed on the ingots again, and they once again, began to glow.

Crafting Attempt 2 of 2

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

Darius would enter, a stoic expression on his face. Daeron would know what he was here for, and that Darius would offer to go gather more supplies if he needed to. Darius was, in fact, there for his armor that he had so long savored for. Also, a new sword and shield.

Armor: http://www.onethumbmobile.com/dragon_ar ... 15_WIP.jpg

Shield and Sword: http://www.celtic-heroes.com/wp-content ... oncept.jpg

Daeron made another attempt at making the set of armor with his ingots, however this time it was unable to become an item. They instead shattered into pieces, making them into nothing. I set down my hammer to the bar and sighed in frustration. He walked away and turned towards Darius.

"Hey remember that time we went hunting for ore. Well, how much would it take to purchase the ore from you."

Katrina entered the small shop, looking at the two already inside. Kat wanted a weapon, but had no Col. Kat wondered if she could haggle for one or not as a thoughtful expression went across her features. She then butt into the two's conversation. "Hey, you there, smith dude with the funky face. You think you can make me a better axe than this pile I've got strapped to my back? Of course, I've got no money, but I'm an expert so your materials would be well spent into the knowledge that you will get me the ways to kill things faster and with more /finesse/," Kat said to Daeron, eyeing him up and down, a sneer across her expression.

"And you, bozo in the leather armor, you know that it is impolite to stand inbetween two people having a conversation, right? Why don't you move?," Kat said, continuing her speech without waiting for Daeron's reply as she talked to Darius' back.

Darius was about to answer when he heard the door open as another patron came in. He had been about to speak when the patron, a she, started going off about being some hotshot player that wanted free weapons and interrupting him. She then spoke to him, telling him to move out of the way of /her/ conversation, as if Darius hadn't been there first. He clenched his jaw for a fraction of a second before letting it go loose again, and ignoring the girl, continued to speak. "Yeah, I've got nine ingots. They're yours for free. You helped get them afterall, plus, you are making my armor with them," Darius said, opening his inventory and sending Daeron the nine iron ingots. Invisible under his armor were goosebumps. He didn't show it on his stoic expression, but he was excited that he would get his armor soon.

Daeron looked at the feminine player who had just interrupted his conversation with Darius. Daeron didn't like her, but depending on what material she wanted to make her axe out of is what he had his interests in. "Well sure, I can make you an axe better than that, but if you want it better than that, I need to know. Do you want a light axe, heavy axe, or an axe with a special ability. Varying on what you want will debate what material I may or may not need as well as how long it could potentially take to make your weapon."

Daeron then turned to the piece of paper on his bar desk and wrote down what seemed to be a name, it all being very difficult to read as his hands tremble slightly from always hitting on ore, the feeling doesn't go away for a little bit. He then accepted and thanked Darius for his gift of 9 Iron Ingots, and then nodded to both of the players and then turned around to head to the back of the forge.

Daeron took three of the twelve iron ingots he had and set them on the anvil, yet again, to try to see if he can finally make some heavy armor for Darius today. He picked up his hammer and waited for it to glow orange, his typical sword skill glow color. Daeron then smashed on the bars numerous amounts of times with the hammer until they once again, began to glow.

Crafting Attempt 1 of 2

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron watched as the glowing ingots, began to merge into one large set of armor. However, the disappointment continued. Once again, with Daeron's low level blacksmithing rank, he knew he was subjected to failure higher than other blacksmiths. He took the set of armor, that was again, in poor condition and beyond all equipping. Instead he threw away the armor again, not caring for the ingots, as they are easily obtained yet again.

Daeron grabbed another set of ingots and set them to the anvil, once again. "Okay, this time, I'll make sure this damn thing becomes something I can be proud of." He says to himself as he waits for his hammer to glow again. Daeron was confident that he would succeed in his crafting this time, because of all the misfortune he has had so far. If he couldn't get the armor done, the waiting list would just grow so much at once, that he can't keep up. However, Daeron thought of his failures to be positive in a manner, by realizing, he still gets experience no matter if he fails or not, so eventually he will be able to succeed through many failures or one massive success.

He hammer on the ingots once again, with a little of a tremble in his hands from the first time he had attempted crafting today. The ingots began to glow with a white aura yet again and Daeron put one final swing on the ingots, before they began to merge into one item.

Crafting Attempt 2 of 2

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron watched as the ingots this time glowed white yet again. When they came together, they merged into another set of armor, however again, Daeron was faced with another disappointment. The armor yet again, seemed to unable for any use, and this time he threw it away again. It was a shame that he had already invested twelve ingots and he was running short yet again. So out of his two disappointments again, he put his hammer down and walked to the front ready for any customer that may come in asking for a request. "Tomorrow, I'll get it. For sure", Daeron said reassuring himself to boost his own morale without sounding overly conceited.

Swift walked into the "forge" as it was called, and instantly realized how petite the inside was compared to inns and taverns. She wasn't used to being in small buildings but quickly over came that. Swift, walked over the bar desk and saw a man with a blacksmith's apron on and the name said <>. Excuse me, but I was curious to know how much it will take to get a decent two handed sword?

In all honest truth, Swift had a good starter's blade, but it wasn't good enough against any heavy enemies, and if she really wanted to get somewhere, she would need to get better gear. She figured, why not start with a sword, because that's what I use the most, then after that I'll get myself some armor.

As Daeron came back out of the forge, another chick came in. She had started to speak, but since Kat had been there first, Kat cut her off. "I'd think I'd do good with a medium axe. I'm going to be jumping around with a lot of finesse and such so it can't be too heavy to weigh my awesomeness down, but can't be too light that it doesn't pack a punch. You can make it out of whatever you want. I may, if you are lucky enough, actually take the effort to get some things for you to make it, but don't count on it. It is, afterall, the lower class' job to take care of the high and mighty." Kat would say as she turned, leaving the shop and sneering at Swift who (Probably), looked a little more than pissed off from being interrupted.

Daeron walked into his shop and checked the list, to see if anyone else requested anything for some reason while he was gone. After he took his break he felt confident enough that he could get the armor made today. And not only the armor alone, but a successful rare armor too. With a sudden rush of enthusiasm Daeron walked into the back of the forge and put on his apron and grabbed his hammer along with three more iron ingots. His supply on ingots was running low so he may put out a Custom Quest for players to do that he will pay a reward for.

He assembled the iron ingots in a new formation this time, it was a line going the other way this time, hoping that it made a difference. He then waited for his hammer to glow in an orange fashion and then hammered on the iron ingots until they began to glow white yet again. When they began to merge into a single bar, he hammered it again, hoping it would become a decent set of armor. At this point Daeron would have been happy with just about any good outcome for the armor as he had other things on the list to tend to.

Crafting Attempt 1 of 2

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

The ingots form into a set of armor that glows with a white power. It holds an ability that a player can use for further advancement in the game.

Primal Armor of Life

Description: The armor radiates with a power that is said to increase one's lifetime and has armor that can endure more than the average.

Ability: Provides the player who has it equipped with an increased HP of +2 and has a higher durability than most armors.

Daeron walked out to the front to tell Darius the splendid news of his outcome for the armor. When he saw the player standing there, he handing him a set of armor and spoke.

"Darius, I've been honored to tell you that not only is the armor done, but it's in such pristine condition that it can boost your own HP status bar by an extra 2. I will head to the back to work on your sword next, and also will be working on a pair of rings for two lovers that I've become great friends with, so there is a possibility that it may take longer than usual to make you your blade. I will contact you once it has been completed."

Daeron turned to head to the back of the forge and put his apron back on preparing to make another crafted item. He took 2 Dragon Heart Stones and alligned them top and bottom together. He waited for his hammer to receive a blue glow. When he hammered on the stones, they began to merge into a single blade. The tip was so sharp it could have killed a person by being looked at, however, the blade wasn't complete just yet. Daeron continued to hammer down on the objects until they had completed their glow.

Crafting Attempt 1 of 2

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

Disappointed with the outcome of his weapon, he threw it away as it was so poor in durability even a boar's strike would shatter such garbage. Without hesitation he quickly retrieved two more dragon heart stones and alligned them. This time Daeron felt it would turn out better. He had already thought out how this blade was to look, and he wouldn't stop until he finally completed them.

He waited for his hammer to glow blue yet again and began to hammer on the stones until they began to radiate a glow of their own. The color was so sharp that it was ideal at how the blade should be. As they are heavy stones, it would be a powerful striking weapon. The blade isn't meant to shatter easily and is a weapon that can't be lifted by those with a weak strength level.

Crafting Attempt 2 of 2

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron was able to say he finished the weapon. It had decent durability, but wasn't as pristine of an object as the armor he had crafted earlier for Darius. He went to the front of the shop and handed the blade over to him.

"There you go Darius. I shall finish the last of your items of request tomorrow as I have overused my blacksmithing skill for the day. Don't fret though as soon I will be rank 2, meaning I can craft more than twice a day, and I can craft Items more effeciently."

Daeron labeled the item as part of the armor set.

Pristine Blade

Description: A blade crafted by the stones of a dragon. It has a white streak of a glow inside of the center of the blade, but wields no special ability. The blade is however heavier than the average, and can endure about twice as much as a standard sword can because the blade is as hard as a dragon's scales.

Daeron headed to the back to continue working on Darius' final set of gear that he needed. This time, Daeron took two Iron Ingots to make a shield for Darius. They were light compared to the dragon heart stones he had just crafted with. He checked his experience in blacksmithing to see how close he was to ranking up. Sure enough, he was really close. Daeron nodded his head at the experience gauge and began to hammer down on the ingots, watching them glow, radiate, and merge once more like before. However, the only difference this time is that it was merging into a shield, not a sword, not armor either.

Crafting Attempt 1 of 2

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP