As I see a smokestack race start coming closer to the building a notice its rundown as later I noticed that it's a Forge I quickly go up to the counter. "excuse me, I would like the get a sword made anybody here" I said aloud I then open up my inventory grabbing the 2 materials. I carry with me and set them down on the counter

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daeron gathered the material from 5iou5 to make him the weapon that he desired. He headed to the back of the forge as he set the first of the material on the anvil. Daeron then opened his inventory and pressed, "Use" on his Atherial Feather which provides a higher chance to craft a high quality item. Daeron knew this was a risk he needed to take.

He grabbed his hammer as he began to hammer away on the first material of the two. He watched as the material began to form into a weapon. Once the glowing had gone away, he was able to see the result.

Crafting Attempt 1 of 5

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

3-4=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

9-10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

Weapon Name: Brute Sword

Quality: Uncommon

Item Description: The sword glows with a white aura, showing that it holds a power. It is appraised to have the ability to provide a bit more "bite" to the attack of the wielder.

Ability: +1 Damage

Daeron looked at the weapon that was there in front of him. There was a slight aura radiating from the item, Daeron then held the weapon and swung it back and forth. He could definitely tell that the weapon had a damage modifier on it.

Daeron had no clue as to what he should name the item, but regardless, he set the next material on his anvil and began to hammer away on that one in hopes of this one becoming an even bigger success than his last craft.

Crafting Attempt 2 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Weapon Name: Vampire of Anima

Quality: Perfect

Weapon Description: A one-handed curved blade with the power to drain it's foes health as it deals a substancial amount of power.

Weapon Ability: +2 Damage, +1 Life Steal

Daeron finished hammering on the material as it glowed. When Daeron had finally gotten his mind out of the gutter, he set down the hammer and began the process to "cool" his heated metal. Daeron then held the weapon as it was a one-handed curved blade.

He took the sword and engraved the Guild's logo on it's blade near the hilt. Underneath the Guild Logo, it said, "Firm Anima". The weapon had a slight tint of an aquamarine color to it, and he made the hilt a brown wrapping around it.

• 2 months later...

Alyssa had been pretty busy at her shop and so Asagi had inquired of any smith that she would trust to create quality weapons.  This lead Asagi all the way to the far reaches of the front lines, a man named Daeron.  Apparently he had a reputation as an amazing smith, but a bit of a shady character.  No matter the circumstances behind this the man was the best chance at gearing up that was presented so far.  Coming upon a small run down looking shop Asagi almost thought he was in the wrong place until he saw the sign indicating Forge of Defenses.  It seemed this was what Alyssa had meant by a somewhat shady individual.  Entering in the store looked as run down inside as it had from the outside.  Along two long counters were somewhat empty display cases and at the end stood the man he assumed was Daeron.

"Excuse me, I heard that this was where I was to find a revered smith.  I have been searching for a man who can craft me a sword that will give me the advantage I need to enter into the front lines of this world."

Watching for the man's reaction Asagi quickly described the Chinese Dao that he had hoped to aquire.  The way he understood the crafting process he explained he wanted a straight damage sword (+3 if possible).  Opening his inventory three crafting materials came to sit on the counter in front of the smith.

0023aeaa6a680c05cc8525.jpg

(This sword with whatever surprise aesthetics with which you choose.  I believe that a crafted weapon should have a little randomness to the end product.)

Dordur walked into floor 9 and without having ever walked there he arrived safe and sound. Dordur had been searching for another blacksmith since he had just been gathering a fudge ton of materials while not doing anything with them. Upon walking for some time Dordur came upon a shop called "Daeron's Armory and Defenses" After walking into it, Dordur noticed an empty sheet of paper looking like a waiting list of people. Dordur then put a sack of materials (8 of them) and would then proceed to ask the first person to present himself behind the counter how much for 2 perfect items and keep the rest.

Item: I'll let you name it
Quality:Perfect
Shop:Shop
Description: Platemail, feel free to describe it any way you want   +1 thorns, +2 Accuracy

armor.jpg

Item: I'll let you name it
Quality:Perfect
Shop:Shop
Description: Helmet, feel free to describe it any way you want  +3 damage mitigation!!

KE8228__80692133350475212801280_zps70897

Seeing two players enter into his shop nearly at the same time, he worried about the one who had entered and requested him for an item first. Daeron was given a description of the weapon the person had in mind. Giving him a simple nod, he headed to the back of the forge where stood an anvil. This is the first time he had done any crafting in... months. He had accepted the three materials in hopes of a godly craft for a returning blacksmith.

He set the first material on the anvil and he began to smash away at the material. Letting some virtual sweat run down his face, he had finally finished hammering away on the material.

Craft Attempt #1 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1122 [Crafting Dice: 12] Perfect Item

After the item had shaped from the excessive hammering he saw a perfect quality item form and he held it in his hands to test if it was fully functional. Deciding it was in mint condition, he analyzed the item and found that it was a +3 Damage modified item. He headed out to the front to give the player his item. "There you go, first try and in perfect condition sir. It's pure damage like you said." he said as he gave the player the item and it was matching his exact description.

Weapon Name: Samurai Dynasty
Quality: Perfect
Weapon Description: Taking after a Chinese Dao, the weapon is made of a solid metal that has some additional weight to deal additional amounts of damage with a larger force.
Weapon Ability: +3 Damage

The next person that had entered his shop was named <<Revy>>. Having come in to ask for some armor, he knew exactly how to make it. Daeron headed to the back with the materials this person had provided and practically repeated the entire process. As this was a larger piece to create, he smelted down the material first, and then after it was more malleable, he began to hammer on it. Watching as the material began to give off a radiated glow, he had forgotten the good feeling of making such quality items. Perhaps, his streak of greatness would continue, or was it a one-time wonder?

Craft Attempt #2 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1123 [Crafting Dice: 9] Uncommon Item

Item Name: ___________

Item Quality: Uncommon

Item Type: Chest Plate

Item Description: _________

Item Abilities: +1 Damage Mitigation

After he had made an uncommon item, he grabbed the next material and smelted it once again to try and bend it into a chest plate shape. Daeron then carefully removed the material from the forge and he set it on the anvil. Holding his hammer, he began to bash on the material, shaping it into the shape of a chest plate. The material formed into a chest plate again, but he hasn't got a clue in the quality of the item.

Craft Attempt #3 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1124 [Crafting Dice: 12] Perfect Item

Item Name: Precise Edge

Item Quality: Perfect

Item Type: Chest Plate

Item Description: A chest plate that is rigid on the edges of the bends in the metal that cause the attacker to get harmed themself. The armor is also able to help with getting more precise hits.

Item Abilities: +1 Thorns and +2 Accuracy

The next thing on his list was to make a helmet that matched along with the chest plate he had just made. Assuming because it was smaller, it would be easier, but then he remembered, that he messed up on a simple dagger before. Taking his time with this process as well, Daeron set the material on the anvil and had began to hammer on it a bit. Watching as it began to shape into the form of an actual helmet, he gave a slight grin. However, he knew his great luck and fortune had to run out eventually.

Craft Attempt #4 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1125 [Crafting Dice: 10] Uncommon Item

Item Name: Helm of Speed

Item Type: Helmet

Item Description: A helmet that looks like a normal helmet, but this one is capable of making an attack easier to dodge.

Item Abilities: +1 Evasion

This is it. The last try he would do for the day before he was too exhausted. He had virtual sweat dripping down his forehead still and he was becoming fatigue from the repeating process. Not caring, he took the final material for the day and got to work on the helmet that was asked of him to make for another player. Daeron placed the material on the hammer, this time going for a lighter type of material and he began to hammer on it, but he made sure to stay gentle with it due to the fact it was lighter. Watching as it formed, he had prayed to himself that he would be successful with his last attempt of the day. Daeron used his atherial feather in order to help him crafting. The feather made it easier to bend and shape. After the result was done, it was in mint condition.

Craft Attempt #5 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1126 [Crafting Dice: 11+2] Perfect Item

Tristan entered the store, needing a weapon. He was still walking around with an uncommon, which was not he was going to do. He needed a new weapon, and fast for the fight. He walked into the store giving a wave and greeting.

"Hello, I need a perfect weapon. More exactly a one handed spear. I won't be going into a boss fight with an uncommon." Tristan chuckled.

"I've got two materials, but I got a spear you can break down and if you need more and I can fetch them."

Another player entering his shop, he was slightly disappointed. Mostly because he wanted to make himself some equipment for the upcoming boss battle. But, being a good worker, he gave the player a smile and he agreed to help the player make himself a new weapon. Accepting the two materials that he was offered, Daeron took them into the back of the shop to get straight to work. He set the first material on the anvil after having heated it for several moments.

Once the material was warm, it was time that he used his hammer to smash away on the material. Being a slightly heavier material than the usual, he had to put a little bit more arm power into it, but nothing he hadn't done before. In fact, he had made full heavy sets of armor before that required perhaps twice the amount of work. The material shaping into the shape of a one-handed spear, he analyzed the complete item.

Craft Attempt #1 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1194 [Crafting Dice: 2] Fail Item +1 EXP

The item had turned out to be a complete disaster. When he picked it up, he found that it had broken apart instantly and didn't have a chance at becoming anything of good use. Throwing away any spare parts, he didn't bother with salvaging, mostly because he didn't know how to. He knew two things in crafting. Success and Failure. This time it may have been a failure, but the next attempt would hopefully be different from his last.

Daeron took the next material that he was given to get to work on the item once again. He took the same material, which the player, Tristan, had brought him for his own personal expenses. Anything beyond those two attempts were on Daeron, so he really wasn't too worried right now as he did still have a plentiful amount of material.

Daeron set the material on the anvil, after heating it once more. The material was in fact so hot, that it had heat waves and a white glow to it with a hint of orange and reds in there too. Using his hammer with caution, he hammered on the now easily-shapen material. The material began to glow some more, not because of heat, but due to the attempt at crafting, and had shaped into another one-handed spear, that would hopefully be a better result than the last.

Craft Attempt #2 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1195 [Crafting Dice: 9] Uncommon Item +3 EXP

Item Name: _________

Item Type: One-Handed Spear

Item Description: A spear that looks like it could deal slightly more damage than a basic one.

Item Ability: +1 Damage

Daeron was slightly more satisfied with this item compared to the last, which didn't even make it to the testing stage. Sighing to himself, he wiped a pearl of sweat from his forehead, even though it fully virtual, and attempted to make that perfect item. Daeron set a material that he had to provide on his own at this point onto the anvil and instantly hammered on it. Due to it being so dense, he had no need for heating, meaning he could hammer away at it without making it malleable. The item began to form out of the material, but was this going to be the one that set it all into a perfect item.

Craft Attempt #3 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1196 [Crafting Dice: 3] Bad Item +1 EXP

Starting to get frustrated, Daeron had made no progress on this one. He hammered away once again on the next material, allowing him to try and remain efficient. Daeron tried to remain calm and composed, but with the awful luck he's been getting lately, he didn't know if that was quite possible beyond this point. Daeron has always been known for his short temper and bad anger. The material, being shifted into a item, he watched as it shaped into a weapon once more. "Come on now. This is the one... right?!" he said to himself as he finished the last hammer on the material.

Craft Attempt #4 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1198 [Crafting Dice: 5] Good Item +2 EXP

Daeron was tired of the same, repetitive process. It seemed like one day he'd have amazing crafts and the next, he couldn't make a sandwhich to save his life. Wait... was that even the same profession? Daeron didn't care anymore. The only thing he cared for was that he wanted this item done. "Alright. I'll try this last time before I'm done for the day. If I don't get it now, then I haven't got a clue on what I'm going to do next." he said to himself, knowing very well that Tristan was in fact just outside of the room, able to hear every word he was saying. He did the same thing over again, this time, trying to visualize the item as he crafted it.

Craft Attempt #5 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

ID: 1199 [Crafting Dice: 7] Good Item +2 EXP