Daeron saw another terrible outcome for his weapon and realized that he was down to his last ingot that Zelrius had given him. "Alright Daeron, you got this, one more shot to do this." He set his mind to the challenge and tried on final time to make the weapon he was requested to make. If Daeron wasn't successful this time, he would need to go resource hunting again, which either way, he had to do again. Daeron set the final ingot on the anvil and hammered on it right away, determined to get what he was trying to accomplish. For the last time, Daeron saw the blur of colors forming into a weapon yet again.

Crafting Attempt 3 of 5

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

3-4=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

9-10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daeron contacted Zelrius, telling him that all of his attempts were a failure. Shortly after, Daeron was met by Zelrius who gave him his final Red Steel. "Don't mess it up." Zelrius told him, setting Daeron's goal at this point. Daeron agreed to the terms, and went to the back instantly to try and make the weapon. Daeron set out the ingot and began to hammer on the ingot yet again. This time the glow fluctuated between black and blue, meaning something was different about this weapon. He saw the ingots glow and form into a weapon, Daeron then stopped hammering to see the outcome of what he had just made.

Crafting Attempt 4 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Miaki walked into Daeron's shop in between breaks from the tournament. "Yo Daeron, I know you are really busy with everything but I want to surprise Clarence with a nice dagger for tomorrows fight. If I present you with the items, can you make him the weapon?" Miaki dropped two <> on the table. "Two attempts right there. Hopefully it won't take anymore."

Daeron accepted the two ingots agreeing to make Clarence a weapon as a gift. He then walked into the back of the shop and set up his usual stuff. When he set out the first ingot, he equipped his hammer and set the other aside for now. Daeron then began hammering on the weapon, trying to make a dagger. The ingot began to form into a shape of a weapon after a few hammers.

Crafting Attempt 1 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Another failure had been the result. The dagger was usable, but it didn't withhold any abilities. Daeron then took the other ingot and began hammering on that one as well, trying his second time to make a weapon. "Let's do this" he says to himself as the ingot began to glow.

Crafting Attempt 2 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron returned with terrible results and was given an extra two ingots. "Alright, I won't make you regret it." he said as he took the final two ingots into the back and began to hammer away on the first one right away. The ingot began to glow white and it began to form into a weapon.

Crafting Attempt 3 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron threw aside the poor quality item and focused this crafting attempt. He then began to hammer away yet again, this time making it glow green. The item began to form from a single ingot, creating the blade of a dagger yet again. "Come on, this is it." Daeron said in high hopes of a success.

Crafting Attempt 4 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron accepted the final ingot with a sense of frustration. "Why do I suck so bad today?!" he complained, being mad at himself for failing four times in a row. "This one's gonna be perfect." Daeron said promising this to Miaki. He then took the ingot to the back and set it in front of him on the anvil. When the Ingot sat in front of Daeron, he took the hammer and began to smash on the ingot cautiously creating another item.

Crafting Attempt 5 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron was contacted by Zelrius, being asked if he could craft him a cutlass. When Daeron was given two Red Steel Ingots, he took the two ingots to the back of his forge and set one out on an anvil. He then equipped his hammer, which he used to hammer on the ingot. The ingot began to glow with a red and yellow glow to it, and then it began forming into a single weapon.

Crafting Attempt 1 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron was upset with his first attempt, therefore he grabbed the second ingot he was given instantly, and set it out on the anvil like he did with the last. Again, he repeated the process, making it glow and radiate in the same fashion. Once again, Daeron watched as the ingot began to form into another weapon.

Crafting Attempt 2 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

• 1 month later...

Darius would enter the shop after a long time and look around. He had been absent for so long and it looked so different. He bore the armor that Daeron had first made him along with the sword at his side. He knocked on the counter, knowing Daeron would most likely be in the forge since he was not present at the counter.

[im going to need a durability level for all this equipment you made me. The sword has an above average one because of its material and the armor has above average because of the buff. The shield should have normal. Im also going to come up with a story of my absence.]

Daeron exited from the forge, and he saw his old time friend, Darius there. "Ah, Darius, looks like you've taken a turn on coming back huh?" he said as he shook his hand. He then looked around knowing that he had grown from the day he made Darius' armor. "So, anyways, what can I do for you good friend?" he asked him with a kind gestured welcome back.

(BTW there is no durability, it gets to complicated on the forum GM's said)

"My shield is still somewhere in your shop," he would note, holding up his left arm, which had no shield on it, like it always did. "Before I came back to pick it up, a group of sadistic PKers abducted me on the threat of death and held me as their play toy in their hideout. It wasn't until a group of Anti-pkers came and killed the PKers that I was saved, got my equipment back, and am able to return," Darius said stoicly, his voice sounding hollow as it dimmed off the inside of his helmet.

Daeron looked and remembered, that he had made the weapon, but had never actually given it to him, as Darius had to go off and take care of something. Daeron then walked into the back, where he found a dusty shield laying there. He quickly rinsed it off with a little of the water he had in his bucket next to the furnace. He then dried it off and brought it out to Darius. "There you go my friend. I completely forgot all about this, luckily I kept this baby" he said as he handed him the shield which seemed to look brand new.

Primal Shield

Description: This shield provides the user with a greater chance to brace for an incoming attack.

Ability: -1 On Opponents Combat Dice

Darius would take the shield. If it were possible for Daeron to see Darius' eyes beyond the shadows that the helmet threw across them, they would be gleaming. Darius would slot the shield onto his arm and lift it up and down, nodding to himself. "Good. Now I've got the complete set; and a proposition. While finding my way back, I heard of a forest on Floor 3 called the Forest of Unwavering Mist. It is said that there are strong monsters in there and exceptional loot. We should gather a small party and check it out."

Daeron looked like he was about to laugh. "Umm, I've been there, and I've never seen monsters stronger than the ones with 11 HP. But if you happen to know a place that I haven't heard of then, be my guest lead the way." he said as he left the shop with Darius to join him on his journey.

(OOC: Which one of us will make the thread?)

• 4 weeks later...

Crafting Attempt 1 of 5

5-8=Good Item 2 EXP

Daeron had finally gathered his first material in a very long time. He had a friend, or at least he thought he was a friend, 5iou5, asking for a curved blade. Daeron then finally gathering a material took this as a chance to perhaps make him a quality item that he would appreciate.

Daeron grabbed the <> that he had obtained from the <> field boss that he had fought with the player and Zelrius, another friend. Daeron was one of Aincrad's top blacksmiths, but he went out of business for a while as he was too lazy to gather or even buy a material.

He began to hammer down on the material after it had come out of the forge that sat in the back of the player owned shop. He then set out the <> on the anvil, and grabbed his smithing hammer. As the hammer began to clash down on the material, he saw the item began to glow with a strange color. Due to the intense brightness of the glow, he couldn't make out the color.

As the glow began to fade, he saw a weapon formed on the anvil. The result was to be determined as soon as he appraised the item he had crafted. The weapon he had grabbed, he needed to test he quality of the item. When he swung the weapon, the pieces had actually fallen apart right as he tried to swing the weapon. This was safe to say as an epic fail for one of Daeron's crafts.