[OP-F1] So, You Want To Be Powerful? (Emerald Harbinger Recruitment) <<14/16 people have joined>>

She hummed thoughtfully as the girl who had introduced herself as Eatos explained the different divisions of the guild. So not everyone was given access to the information trade. That was somewhat reassuring. Information was valuable in this game, and you can't just give it away to people who would pay high prices for it. She hoped she wasn't the only one who knew that. And the guild, despite it being new and lacking members, seemed pretty organized. From the view of an outsider, anyway.

Then she began considering the divisions. She definitely wouldn't be in the combat divisions. She wasn't planning to be a tank or a DPS. The advisor division made the decisions for the guild, which she liked to an extent. It would give her a better influence. But it sounded like a division only people of high rank could get into. The information division however, she was the most interested in. But Eatos didn't know much about that specific division, and she wasn't planning to be a scout. So where are healers supposed to go?

"I apologize for not introducing myself earlier as well," she dipped into a graceful curtsy. "My name's Airi, and it's a pleasure to meet you." Then she straightened and proceeded to the main point. "I'm a bit interested in the information and advisor divisions. But out of all divisions, what do you think would be the best one for a player aiming to build support?"

Edited by Airi
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eatos smiled as Airi introduced herself, and was thankful that she was willing to talk directly about what she wanted. No messing around about pointless information, just information and getting what they want. So she was a non-combatant like herself, and was aiming to play a supporting style? It was almost funny to Eatos about how similar they were in some ways, yet looked different, mostly the colours that amused her.

"Well, a supportive player...The advisors would be the best place for you. That's where most of our support base goes, like me. I'm a blacksmith, and i'm, well, i'm not much of a fighter. But I provide the guild with equipment, and help guide them down a safe path..." She knew it wasn't much, and in reality, she was far from being able to effectively arm the members of the guild. However, it was her job. She wasn't going to be on the front lines for the guild, she was too afraid of death. But she'd help in her own special way.

Lee would turn his attentions to a blue haired female that would acknowledge that this was in fact the place he and Airi were looking for. The male player would find it pleasant that not only was he not the only one to show up but that at least there was a familiar face among them. Lee would let his attentions turn to a man whom named himself Atzo and The Man with Many Faces, though Lee himself would give a seemingly unchanging stare at the title. He wasn't one for titles as they never really seemed...legitimate and usually ended up making one sound rather pompous. He would give what he deemed to be the two goals of the guild and to one, he would scratch the side of his head.

Lee would glance to see the arrival of another that seemed to know Atzo. A player there did point out what was actually on Lee's mind, just what set this guild apart from others? How was it NOT a carbon copy of every other guild? Airi would bring up a good note as to what were the requirements to join or was it simply whoever wanted in, got in which was another negative. Though, in the mass of words and questions, Atzo would then designate the new potentials to corresponding members to have their questions asked.

Lee would turn toward toward the player named Solomon and cross his arms over his chest "Yo, so you got any selling points? Kinda don't listen well when it comes to the whole 'one-person-talking-to-many' and my mind just kinda gives up on the process. More a 'one-on-one' kinda guy."

@Solomon

Edited by Lee

Solomon gave an ever so slight nod and took a step back. He was supposed to answer questions, and give the players a good understanding of what the guild's intentions are. Solomon was waiting for only a couple seconds before a man appeared in front of him... well, it was much closer to his shoulder height. Looking down slightly to inspect the man, he was a formidable man at about the peak of his age. Solomon listened to the man speak, a question popping up in the first couple words, "Yo, so you got any selling points?". Solomon looked to the ground before he looked back up at the man, saying with a voice resembling a volcano's eruption, "We can only have selling points if our low level recruits we approve are capable to rise to the top with action and perseverance, maintaining the order of our ranking system that is unlike that of most others." Solomon gave no expression, but wouldn't stop himself from giving a hand gesture to show his kind heart. He extended his arm for a handshake, which was something Dominion had done once or twice as a initial greeting to Solomon at a previous time. Solomon had taken in enough information to understand that this guy couldn't process large amounts of information from different sources at once. More of a pre-focused guy, wanting to take things in one at a time, which Solomon could understand. Solomon nodded his head and waited for another question to be shot in his direction. "Now, might I first learn the name by which I can address you?", Solomon asked Lee, after having placed his arm back to his side.

The guild member she was talking to had suggested the advisors division, which was good because it was one of the divisions that Airi was interested in. As she said before, influence. "Well, can you tell me more about your suggested division then?" she asked, hoping that type of information wasn't withheld from players outside the guild. Maybe it was, since the blue-haired girl had only given her a general description. So far, she was planning on joining the guild, but she wanted to learn as much as she could first. She didn't want to join one day, dislike it, and leave the next. So she was delaying the big decision, long enough for her to really make her mind.

Then an idea popped up in her head. Not a very brilliant one compared to her other ideas, but she decided to bring it up with Eatos anyway. There was no harm in telling, after all. "Also, does your guild allow floaters? Like players who won't join a specific division, but would offer help to any division if the need arises."

Lee would look up at the larger man as he was a good half a foot taller than he but he would aim to press his own answer. Lee would nod and chuckle lightly "Good point, good point, you got me there." He would let his own hand clasp Solomon's in a firm handshake "Nice to meet you Solomon, names Lee. I can get behind that sort of hierarchy and ain't got any problem with that." He would then take his hand back and cross his arms across his chest and would continue "I'm not trying to sound rude though that doesn't mean that I can help it. I'm just trying to get a layout for the most part. I just don't like the idea of joining a guild that has the same stick that ever other guild has." He would roll his eyes and continue "The whole help low leveled players out and beat the game is something every guild has and tries to sell as something only they can do. I wouldn't mind jumping through a few hoops if the cause catches my interest enough."

After Atzo had given his short speech, telling all who had gathered who they where and what the guild was all about Hei was getting interested. - They have an interesting system within their guild as fas as I can tell from what he said. Helping the low levels, so they can help the higher level players, and also getting information. This is an aspect of the game I haven't really thought of by now, but there must be a market for information, as they are very important in this game. - Hei was thinking about this and waited, as no one in particular had talked to him. There were a few players he knew, but there was no time to talk to Airi, who he had seen earlier, as she was talked to by a blue haired girl. Then Solomon, the strange guy with amnesia he had met on the first day, appeared. Hei was going to ask him how he had been, but then Atzo addressed him, telling him to talk to their Tank Leader. Hei didn't know who the tank leader was, but after having a short look at all who where there, there was no way that the fox guy with his armour wasn't who he was looking for.

So Hei left the group and approached the fox like player - strange that they all wear animal things, what is this all about? - he asked himself when he began talking to him. "Hello, are you@Vargas? Atzo sent me over to you, said you could answer some questions about the guild."

A hooded figure stepped off of the teleport pad located inside of the Town of Beginnings. Atzo had messaged the man about a guild meeting, in order to gain more members for the newly created guild. He honestly hadn't expected any players to show up. A guild made up of only low leveled players who claimed they were out to help other newbies just seemed odd to the man. However, it didn't bother him much. The rest of his allies seemed to be good people, even though they had only met on a few occasions. Noticing a gathering in the distance, Aoda pulled down his hood. Looks like I'm here.

"Sorry I'm late." The raven-haired man told Atzo, stepping up to the group of people. Aoda showed recognition to one face in the crowd. He gave a slight smile in the direction of the red-haired girl. So she decided to join? 

The man was surprised to see this many people interested in joining the guild. They were growing in numbers quite quickly, faster than he had anticipated anyway. It made him wonder how many of them had plans on joining his team. The lad thought it'd be proper of him to introduce himself before suddenly appearing like he had just done. Clearing his voice, he spoke. "My name's Aoda, I'm the leader of the DPS team. Whether or not you have plans of joining my unit, I can answer any questions you may have."

Everything was quickly becoming hectic. It was a little much for any one person to deal with. Which is why when Atzo referred a player to him he stepped forward. He wasn't all too sure if he'd have the answers that the player was looking for but listening to what Atzo and Eatos were saying, he was able to pick up the general flow of questions and responses. When Hei approached him and tried to confirm his name, Vargas nodded. "Yeah. I believe you said your name was Hei earlier correct?" Vargas asked, wanting to start at a steady pace. "If you're looking to be part of the guild, don't worry about having to fit any requirements. It's primarily based on activity. So if you are making sure to put effort into leveling and gathering information it shouldn't be a problem." Really, it was all just the same stuff that the others had been saying but it helped for some people to talk to someone one on one without questions flying from left, right and center. "What other questions do you have?"

@Hei

Edited by Vargas

Sky watched as his guild mates were flocked by people wanting to join. He couldn't help but smile. It was goign to be his job to help these guys rank up through the early stages, it was going to be all their jobs. He sighed, knowing he wasn't needed right now. Looking around, he couldn't help but notice someone wasn't here, Hydra. He hadn't met him yet, but he had heard about him being a red player. Shuddering, he decided to try and find him, and actually meet him for real this time. He headed out towards the gate, attempting to find Hydra. He didn't know what he looked like, but it couldn't be to hard to find him could it? He hadn't really noticed him when he had last met him... 

"Hey @Hydra You here???" He called out, trying to find his guildmate.

Eatos nodded her head. It was the division she was apart of, and being the Rank 1, or ‘Right-Hand’ of that division, she was proud, and therefore, more than happy to bring in someone else.

“So, as an advisor, when a decision is being made, we’re the ones who have to come up with solutions. We have to be impartial and direct the guild down the correct path, keeping players safe while providing them with levels, information and equipment where possible. I’d say we probably get more than a fair say in what the guild does, but we’re just advisors” she said, trying to explain it correctly “Guild members come to us and we help them, it could be a decision that effects everyone, or it might just be a small division-based decision”

Eatos frowned slightly at the girls last question, and had nothing. She honestly had no idea, it had never come up in discussion before. She smiled an uneasy smile “I’m, well, I’m not too sure about floating if I’m entirely honest with you. Atzo, the one with the hair likes yours, he’d get the final say on something like that”

Ren read the message from Atzo and made his way to the square. He walked and kept an eye on his surroundings. He made it the square did not recognize some players there but Ren found Atzo “ Hey little brother” Ren said as he put his arm over Atzos shoulder. Ren looked at eatos and said “ Hello i am Ren pleased to meet you” with a slight bow. Ren offered Eatos a cookie and everyone that was there. Then he look towards Atzo then said “How's it going little brother what you been up too” giving Atzo a fist bump “sorry it took me awhile to get here i was exploring the town a little.” Ren said to everyone. Ren then sat there quietly watching everyone. Ren has a habit of watching everyone especially when Atzo is involved to keep his little brother, his leader, his king safe from harm. Then he smiled because for strange reason he is happy.

When Vargas checked, if he had understood the name right and asked him, if he was called Hei, Hei nodded and added "Yes, you've heard right, the name is Hei and I work as journalist for a games magazine. As we are stuck here at the moment I'll do the best of it and have a good time, doing research within the game and write some articles. The whole guild part of the game went past be so far, so I'm interested in joining, for research reasons and for getting better in the game." After all this said Hei took a moment to think about what Vargas had said beside asking him for his name, which included no requirements - very nice, so they will take me even when I am still not so high level as I would like to be - and something regards the guilds rank system depending on activity rather than levelling. - So the guild takes every one and activity is more important than might. This is an interesting system and quite different from what I know from other games - he thought, then Vargas enquired if he had any questions left, and so Hei asked all that he wanted to know "There are some questions, you might answer. First of all, a question in regards to what Atzo had told me. He said you were his Tank leader, so how do I have to understand that. Are there smaller groups within the guild? Next thing I would like to know is, if one is forced to help others, when they need help, even if it endangers oneself." With this said he waited for @Vargas to answer before thinking about more questions to ask.

Vargas found it interesting when Hei said he was a journalist for a games magazine. He must've got stuck in the game when he was doing a review for the SAO launch. Not much good it did him when he found himself stuck in this Death Game. That's gotta suck. Guy was just doing his job and he found himself stuck in this fucked up situation. Then again, that's everyone in here anyways, Vargas thought, thinking how badly people must still hate their situation. 

Listening to Hei's response to his prompt for question, he answered, "Yeah, we have several groups. There's the Tank team, which is my group, then there's the DPS team, which is headed by Aoda," he gestured to Aoda over to the side, "and finally, we got Advisors, Bodyguards and Information Gathering." At the first two he motioned to Solomon and Ren, respectively. "Our information gathering is headed by Hydra but he is currently unavailable to be here due to the fact that he's a red player. He participated in the Arabian Nights quest and ended up with the marker. If you want to join the Info gathering team you can follow Stryder over there," Vargas said pointing at Stryder who seemed to already be headed out.

@Hei

A few more players arrived, but Airi didn't pay much attention to them. For now, she was focused on her conversation with the blue-haired guild member. Eatos gave her a more-detailed description of the advisors division and she found her interest in the Emerald Harbingers rising. Yes, they were new and a tiny bit desperate for members since they were all here, spending their valuable time recruiting low-leveled players into the guild. But they held potential. A lot of potential.

They served as some sort of all-rounder guild that focused on helping players level up, unlike the other frontline guilds she had heard of which were comprised solely of fighters and tanks or which only cared about clearing the game. It was either one or the other. They were organized well, with how the guild was divided into divisions (and she sensed a few more divisions being added to accommodate their guild member's needs eventually) and with how they selected a leader for each division instead of having the guild leader manage each and every one. She also particularly liked how Eatos emphasized that no one held absolute power over the whole guild, unlike the traditional ones where the guild leader's word is law. She had to admit, she was a bit impressed with the guild's founders.

"Despite being a bit new, your guild's very organized," Airi began, hinting at what she was getting to. "Well, I made up my mind now. I'll be joining your guild." Then she paused for a bit, quickly deciding if she wanted to drop the 'floater' idea or not. She didn't really have enough levels and skills to effectively help the members of the other divisions, so she decided to drop it for now. But once she finished building her core skills, she would ask. Another reminder to write in her notebook"And I'll join the Advisors division as well."

Edited by Airi

Eatos almost beamed as Airi not only complimented the organization of the guild, but was planning on joining, and joining the same division! While she couldn’t take much individual pride in the origination of the guild as she had joined it, not helped forge it, the rest she could in some manner. After all, she was Rank 1 within the guild, the right hand of the Advisors, and she’d successful recruited someone into the Advisors division! Given she was the ‘new girl’ within the guild, it was nice to prove her worth.

Eatos opened up her menu, went into the guild section and sent her an invite to join the Emerald Harbingers. Once the girl accepted, and Atzo was informed of her decision to join the Advisors, she would hopefully fit right in. As much as she hated herself for it, she did worry slightly. Standing before her was a girl that was, even she could admit, rather beautiful and there was that glint in her eye, ambition. The worry that entered Eatos’ head was a simple one: Will Airi replace me as the Rank 1 advisor within the guild? She hoped not, after all, she’d helped form the guilds first wave of members. If nothing else, it showed she cared.

So just accept the invite I sent and you’ll be in” She said to the other girl “Or if you’ve got any questions that I haven’t answered, I’m more than happy to do my best to try answer them”

Zero did what he does best in situations like these, he opened his ears and listened very intently to all that was going on around, taking in names, ranks, and positions.  Solomon, head of the advisors; Aoda, head of DPS; Vargas, head of Tank; Eatos, a high ranking member of the advisors; Atzo, guild leader.  He was quickly running over names and ranks in his head, repeating them over and over again inn his mind until he had names and faces memorized.  He brought this right hand up to his mouth and placed his index finger over his chin, thinking and paying attention to everything going on around.  He was trying to keep track of multiple conversations going on around him at once, focusing in on the key details.  There was a lot to absorb and as he stayed listening, he heard several people decide to join on up with the Guild.  Clearly this event could already be considered a success for the guild leader.

Zero did notice that there was a lot more going on the organziation of the Guild then would first meet the idea.  While the expressed purpose of the Guild was to help level up new players to get the frontlines faster and gather information, the structure of the guild was set up as a Raid Team already.  Having a head leader in the guildmaster but several different squad leaders, which charged with a different function, this would allow the guild to have its hands in many pies at once while always working towards the same goal.  By speializing the divisions like this, it would also ensure once the majority of the guild was frontlines ready, they could immeidately jump into the Assualt Teams lines and be effective; since everyone in the Guild would already know their roles and how they were supposed to perform, this guild could make a very powerful impact on the frontlines in a relatively short amount of time, depending on the number of members they wound up with and how quickly they were actually able to get new players leveled up.  He wasn't sure if anyone else noticed that bit or even if it was an intentional structure set up by the Guild Leader, but Zero quickly realized how useful a guild set up like this would be for advanced raiding parties on the frontlines.

Zero couldn't help but pick up another name being said; Hydra.  That caused him to turn his head for a moment to see who had said that player's name.  Zero had actually done a quest with Hydra not too long ago, instead of taking on the beginner quests right away, he had jumped into something far more advanced with Hydra.  Another bit of interesting information with that, Zero had noticed the Guild emblem near Hydra's player name, but Zero hadn't asked about it or talked about it and Hydra hadn't brought it up.

"Interesting, so this is the guild that Hydra is a member of.  Very intersesting."  Zero says, largely to himself but forgetting that his voice could actually carry in this game just like in real life.  That was a bit of information that he definitely hadn't expected to pick up today.

Zero appeared to be deep in thought. Because of this Atzo was listening in to the conversations of those around him. “So, Airi is joining the advisors. Based on the others here I would assume that, if they were to join, Lee will join Vargas, he seems to be a tank build, Hei will be information because of his job, I don't know about Zero or Kyoto, but I am sure that will be seen in due time." Suddenly Ren was here, Atzo gave him a fist bump “S’up bro? And I know you fell asleep drunk again. I don't understand why you don't just stay in the Mansion with Raina and me but that is your choice in the end. And as to what I have been doing, Recruitment. I don’t mean to be a bother but I need to focus on Zero, right now. If you see someone else join the crowd then feel free to talk to them. Then again, You ARE my bodyguard so you will probably just stand there regardless as to what I say wont you?” Atzo chuckled. Turning back to Zero he heard him mention Hydra “Yes, Hydra head’s Information. Unfortunately he is a Red player. If you wish to talk to him about that section then I will give you coordinates to mark on your map to find him”

Ren smiled at his brother and said “Nothing much little brother just seeing what's all going on, sure it's okay for me to stay there with yall.”. Ren seen he was talking to someone, “Hey Atzo i'll be over here incase you or anyone needs me” said Ren as he walks to a bench near by. Ren sat down being quiet enough where he can hear anyone and everyone that comes near and if any of the guild come by or anyone looking to talk he here to talk. Ren sat there admiring the cloak that he was given by his younger brother. Then Ren proceeds to clean sword make it shiny once again. Then he grabs out his cookies and begin to eat then drink from his cup of ale. He started to inspect all who came just to make sure no one will hurt any of the guild.

The guild invite appeared in front of the small girl and she eagerly reached out to tap the 'Accept' button. She let her attention wander to Eatos for a moment and caught a flicker of doubt flash in the guild member's eyes. Who or what was the blue-haired girl doubting though? She almost hesitated, but tapped the 'Accept' button anyway. Then another message box replaced the guild invite with the words: 'You are now a member of the Emerald Harbingers'. "Thanks for letting me join," Airi smiled, a positive aura seeming to surround her. Then she remembered to ask something, which should really have been asked before she even joined. "Also, who's the leader of the Advisors Division? And the leaders of the other divisions?" 

With that said, she began to pay a bit more attention to the people around them. She still couldn't tell which ones were the guild members and which ones were not. A few people she knew were here. Lee, inquiring about the guild and maybe going to join the tank division (judging by the appearance of his armor). Airi had to admit, she was a bit happy he would join. He always knew how to make a good joke and on top of all that, he was a friendly and helpful person. Then...there was Hei. Oh dammit, why? She never liked the man's personality. He was too formal for her liking. It would've been an attractive trait back in the old times, but now, it was a bit weird. She spotted Solomon, or maybe someone who just looked like Solomon. Inquiring or a guild member? She didn't know. He was an amnesiac mess when she last saw him, but she couldn't really blame him for that.

Then there was Aoda, a player she had met and killed mobs with. And one of the first witnesses of her extremely bad luck in combat (he was pretty nice about it though). He was standing quietly to one side, as if waiting for someone to approach him. Guild member, probably. Most of the players inquiring all had to approach someone from the guild in order to gain new information. She stared for a second too long, then turned her attention back to Eatos. The people she didn't know yet took priority. Maybe she would just approach once she was done meeting everyone.