[PP-F4] Ice and Echos (Ruri)

Keith whistled as he looked around, and then saw something move in the corner of his eye. "Hey! Wait!" He called out, jogging over to the spot where he had seen the sudden motion, but upon arrival, nothing was found. "This is getting weird... Have you seen anything, sis?"

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ruri

She looked above, she saw a brown robed figure watching over them. She used her acrobatics skill and managed to hang onto the edge of the roof. She lent her hand down in case her brother needed help up, or if he could just up too... "It was a brown robed-- man.." She spoke aloud as she wanted to know what they were going after.

Keith was helped up by Ruri and he looked around with curiosity. "Whatevers going on, someone or something is messing with us. And they have every intention of keeping it that way. So... It was brown robbed man? The only kinds of players known to dress in brown robes regularly is... Laughing Coffin." He said, as he made a connection in his head. "Get a Teleport Crystal ready. We have to be careful here."

Keith ran beside Ruri and whistled. Wow, sis! You are getting faster!" He said, as they drew ever so closer to the cloaked man. And once they were right on his tail, Keith lurched forward and tackled him, forcing them both to tumble down on the tiled roof. "Ruri! Get his name or something, I can't hold him for long!" Keith said, as he struggled to keep the man restrained.

Keith blinked. "Beater..?" He remembered that word, it was a name given to the Black swordsman at the floor 1 boss. But he was the only beater in the whole game. What was this guy smoking? "We're not Beaters! You got it all wrong!

Keith tilted his head and scratched his neck. "What's that guy's beef? They must think we're somebody else. But, Beaters? C'mon! I may have been in the Beta Test, but everyone knows I'm no cheater. You too. But whatever, let's keep looking around town. Maybe that guy had something to do with the disappearance here." Keith said, smiling over to Ruri.

"Okay." She replied to Keith as she jumped off the roof, and landed it on her feet. She smiled at Keith, as she then awaited his arrival beside her. She saw a few new messages from someone named Johnny Black. That man had been massaging her? Hmmm... SHe thought in her mind as she opened the message...

It had said We are and will kill you two...

"They think they could kill us? Ha! I'd like to see them try!" Keith said, as he looked around the area to be safe. "I can only guess they want us dead because we're Maverick Hunters, so not much else to it. But if they think we're beaters, then they must have our roles mistaken for someone else."

Keith scoffed as he closed Ruri's message. "Whoever they are, they seem confident. And I'm willing to bet someone with a grudge set this up. For now, the best we can do is wa-" he stopped as he felt something pierce his shoulder. He reached to his back and pulled out what felt like an arrow. "Wh-What the..?" He stuttered, as everything began to look spotty and distorted.

Keith blinked a few times and then woke up, tied upside down. "...What the..?" He said, as he started to look around. He seemed to be tied up in some sort of camp. he then looked to his side and saw Ruri. "Sis. Sis, you awake?" Keith whispered to Ruri.

Keith saw Ruri's mouth was covered and he blinked a few times before his vision became better. "Hold on sis... I'll get us out of this..." Keith said, as he equipped his katana. He slowly drew it from it's sheath and he cut the ropes at his legs, bracing himself as he hit the ground. He got up quickly and undid Ruri's ropes, catching her before she hit the ground. "C'mon, sis, wake up." Keith said, shaking her should as he removed the tape from her mouth.

"W-What?" She said aloud as some people over behind her brother's head were staring down at them... She had became scared as she pointed to the robed figures. She then blinked a couple of times, "L-Laughing C-Coffin.." She had said under her breath. She then got up from where she had been. The monsters looking at them. There hoods up, so they hid their faces. Ruri had seen them, "What are you trying to do?" She spoke aloud as she saw a larger character speak up as he stepped beyond the shorter robed men.

Keith stood up swiftly before they could speak, drawing his katana and pointing it against the large man's throat. "Now listen up, Mavericks. I'm only going to say this once, you can let us go, and none of you have to die. If you resist, you let my sister go, and take you chances with me. What will it be?" keith said, pressing his sword against the Maverick's throat.

She saw Keith take out his katana as I backed up. "Sure, Lets go bro." Said the captain as he took out his sword too. One of the guards from the boat-hangout let Ruri off the ship. "Keith!" She spoke through the air as she was frightened for him. She wanted to fly, to suddenly grow wings... Impossible. She sighed as she waved at the two having a battle as they sailed off for a while, afterward destined to come back.