[OP-F22-GUILD] A Possible Reckoning

A harsh swallow, threatening to fall between his legs. He was clearly outmatched, he knew what Setsuna was capable of and saw just a faint bit of what Kiluia was. They outnumbered him, and he was hesitant to believe he could take either of them alone. "Right." Gaius chokes finding a fire in his belly and puffing up his chest trying to rebuild his moxie. "Want to try it? I got nothing to lose." He took a step and a slide out of his chair, placing the tea down with a heavy clack in its plate.

Despite the odds

Despite the bullshit

He had to stand up for what he believed in.

"We going to do this? Fuck if I am just going to let you slander the kid without giving him his dues. Red gets it, we can't just pull the damn plug and not give him a chance to speak his piece. It's easy to just dismiss him, fend for yourselves and assume the worst in people. You won't catch that shit from me. Protect your kid, but you sure as hell won't catch me just hanging him out to dry. And If I've got to fight you." and he takes a look down at Setsuna "or you to make that clear, so be it." lifting his hand in front of him and manifesting a polearm.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everything started to get hot and heavy in the guildhall that was supposed to be a safe place. Words were said and threats were given from multiple people. Gaius said something that bothered Freya, that he had nothing to lose. Was he serious...did anything that happened mean nothing to him... Glancing to Setsuna and then to the man they call Kiluia. This was certainly not going to end well if someone didn't say or do something...

Jumping from her chair now she slides herself in front of Gaius, not sure exactly what she was doing yet...she had to try...Anger forced itself within her now as she says "You have everything to lose now that I am here you jerk, AND YOU," she turns to the white-haired dude saying, "You want to protect your daughter, FINE but if we violently murdered everyone in this game that made a stupid ass mistake then no one would be left to beat through this hell." She had not a dam clue who this young man was but she knew that she once made a vital mistake by attack Sam that day. She was glad that Eruda was there to stop here. 

"WE are here as a team, not to cut people down who don't agree with our opinions. The right thing to do is to talk first not go straight to the death sentence. I get that you want to protect the weak and I get that you might have a fear that this kid might do this again without reason, but as Raidou and Eruda and several people here have said, he will not lay another hand on anyone else as long as WE as a team are still standing. To me right now you are all acting like chase just did just hours ago. So are you going to preach what you just said or act like a child that can't control your emotions?" She knew barely anyone here but meant every word. She hoped to god that they would listen to her even just a little. She really didn't want to die to the so many higher players in this compound but if it meant protecting the lower players around here...she would.

Edited by Freya

A perk up as everyone was getting louder and louder. She twists to look at the small conglomerate of people simply littered about glaring at each other. A sip of the tea that Gaius had provided her she speaks. "Wait start over, I wasn't listening. What's going on?" She extrudes with a hyper tone as she extends her hands into the air, yeeting a single pastry in her clutches into the ceiling.

It sticks there, the frosting working as a form of glue. A soft spit and cough from the appearing dead weasel known as Sprinkle, who up until now had been inches from being stepped on at numerous occasions. Things were heated, except for Shiina who had tuned out the whole affair. "Whats good!" she eyes them with a twist of her head and a smile, seconds later the small cupcake falls with a heavy thud to the floor. Shattering the silence.

Edited by Shiina

Having only met Freya in passing, he knew nothing of the woman other than she was a guild member. The hollowed words that boar into his head became what seemed to be a little bit touchier than he had expected. With the weapon already manifested in Gaius’ grip, he was already prepared with his wraps on his hands for such occasions. The man was already ahead of Gaius as a screen appeared in front of him. All he had to do was press the little green button to accept the terms of the fight. Haine had already made it to the doorway but he was sure as hell not going to back down with a weapon drawn against him.

Freya spoke a variety of words to him. No one was going to lay their lives down as he had already initiated the combat response system staring at the two. There would be no lives lost today. No one spoke of taking a life. A little tilt of his head was given. “Let me introduce myself. I am Kiluia. Captain of the Provisional Squad. Former O and I captain. Pleased to meet you.” His hands were already itching. He already had to prove himself to become stronger to at least reach captain level. It was only his way as he wanted to provide for the guild.

His hand would pat Shina on the head. "Rhino Rider... you dropped the cupcake..."

She made her merry way to the exit, only to find that there was nobody beside her. A ruckus in the distance revealed where her love had slipped off to. She twisted on her heels and observed the white haired man butting heads with an equally fiery brunet. Gods. She appreciated that her lover wasn't some spineless coward, but sometimes his pride interfered with his judgment. Stepping away from a challenge could mean victory depending on the situation. "What the-?" Soles moved across the hall and her form slipped between the two. She stretched her arms out in an attempt to separate them.

"Girls, girls, you're both pretty," she sassed, a tinge of annoyance in her tone. "Is this even necessary?" Not on her watch. She'd intervene to the best of her abilities. She pointed a finger at both of them. "You should be ashamed of yourselves. You're both just proving Freya's point." She folded her arms. "Fire against fire isn't going to solve a thing!" Her words seemed to go unheard and so she stepped in front of Kiluia as if to be a shield. "But if you insist, you can measure it out outside in your own free time."  Ugh. Fragile masculinity. She stepped aside and pinched the bridge of her nose. Kiluia and her would have a serious talk about this later. As for Gaius, she knew the man was a character but he had yet to cross her radar until now. She scrunched her nose in distaste. 

Edited by Haine

Freya watches as the bluenette tries to de-escalate the situation with not much success in the attempt. "Who you calling girl," Gaius says over Freya's shoulder. Freya sighs and turns toward Gaius with him now distracted. Quickly taking his hand, she delines the duel attempt with his hand. "HEY, I wanted to," Freya interrupts his saying "NO." She grabs his shirt and bends him down so that they see eye to eye now. "This is NOT happening right now. You can do this PRIDE duel when there are no more pressing matters to attend to," she had Gaius close enough to where the only thing he could see was her face which was glaring back at him. "NOW, give me your weapon, or don't and I will take it from you." Gaius had a blank stare for just a second before going into a laugh. He pulls away slightly and Freya balls up her other fist and punches him, but not hard enough to deal any form of damage just to make him aware. 

Freya hears some gasps in shock behind her but she didn't care. Gaius just stares for a moment for grabbing Freya's hand and making her let go of his shirt. Rubbing his face a bit he just chuckles. "You know I could kick your ass," Freya instantly replies saying "I don't give a flying fuck what you can or can't do Typhoon." She says these words in a calmer matter now knowing that she didn't want to let her own demons out of pandora's box. "Put your weapon away and I will make you a meal to help calm you down." She stands her ground in front of him. "FINE" Gaius says as he starts walking toward the door now putting his weapon away, "But this ain't over," he looks over his shoulder where Freya pushes him out the door now and heads back to their shop to have some food.

• 3 weeks later...

A pause in her chair as she shifts, fiddling with a single coin and listening to this huge confrontation between a whole lot of multicolored topped hairstyles. A single look to the other few that still littered the chamber and reassurance offered. "It's not usually like this I assure you. This was nothing more than an unexpected escalation." To the anthem of slamming doors she reaches for her own teacup and reaches for Shiina who was still fiddling with a damaged and miserable-looking pastry. "So Chase is a risk, I can see that but I would be hesitant to exclude him from everything. He can have his uses, and I am sure the boy means well all things considered. It is not that I do not trust your judgment's on this." She nurses a spoon in the white device before rimming it with an index finger. A glance up to Freyd "I just cannot abandon hopes that he can be redeemed." But it was not for Chase but what he meant to her in her own sick way.

Edited by Simmone

Freyd watched and listened as everyone said their peace, his motives concealed behind thin, spider-like fingertips pressed lightly before his face.  His eyes flicked from speaker to speaker, and then to the crowd to gauge reactions.  Firm Anima had never faced a situation like this, and he meant to assess their responses.  Much was revealed in how the scene had played out.  Factions and loyalties, opinions and emotions, all had spilled out on the floor.  Red eyes watched and scrutinized, scanning the crowd to observe specific reactions.  It was a part of his role that he'd never before had a change to explore.

Curious.

'There are fault lines, but no full fractures have resulted,' Freyd assessed, in his own mind.  'Good.  But weaving this back into unity will not be easy.  Bringing ChaseR back into the fold will be even harder.'

I just hope it's worth it.

'It is,' he thought, though the ream of doubts and negative potential outcomes was long.  Assembling a group of misfits was one thing.  Weaving them into something effective took far more careful planning, and sometimes risks.

Player Post #1 Post #2 Post #3 Post #4 Notes:
Freyd 1 18 31 48 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Eruda 2 23 36 - 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Aquan  3 25   - No reward (did not meet post minimum)
Elora 4 26 34 - 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Katoka  5 27 32 - 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Setsuna 6 22 39 - 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Grimm Reaper 7 20   - No reward (did not meet post minimum)
Valentine 8 30   - No reward (did not meet post minimum)
Sam 9 29 35 - 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Shiina 10 43   - No reward (did not meet post minimum)
Asmura 11 24   - No reward (did not meet post minimum)
Gaius 12 33 41 - 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Simmone 13 47   - No reward (did not meet post minimum)
Kiluia 14 19 38 44 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Freya 15 42 46 - 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Haine 16 21 40 45 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)
Raidou 17 28 37 - 2 SP (Met min. 3 posts + 1 for event)