Thorrissia had been wondering rather aimlessly around the shops, looking hopefully for somebody who could make her the weapon she needed, but so far she hadn't really had any luck. Just as the girl was about to give up and go home, she spotted a little place in the corner that she'd walked past earlier and hadn't seen. "Wild rose forge?" The brunette mused aloud, letting the words play off her tongue. â€‹Well, no harm in trying. She shrugged silently to herself and wondered in through the door. 

Thorrissia instantly felt at home as soon as she walked in. The place had a nice, sort of warm feeling. Cozy. The kind of atmosphere that made you feel all warm inside. "Hello? Anyone there?" She asked cautiously, wondering off of the door mat and actually walking into the shop. "​Uh, I've been looking to buy a perfect quality sword that can deal +3 DMG. Is there any way I might be able to commission one off of you?" The brunette asked hopefully, sincerely depending on there being somebody about. She didn't want to be talking to herself right now. That would be... embarrassing to say the least. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jingling of the front door's bell brought Lessa up from the back of her forge. The voice that carried back to her sounded strangely familiar, but it was not until she spotted the young woman that she finally came up with a name. "Thorrissia, hey," she greeted with a small, surprised smile. Thorrissia had been one of the two players who had fought Avalanche with her the second go-around, and she was startled to see her standing there in the shop's lobby. How long has it been since I've had a customer, and what are the odds that she would be my first?

"Uhm, sure, I can definitely make that for you. If you just wouldn't mind telling me what you want the weapon to be called, and what you want it to look like." Lessa paused to rub at the bridge of her nose. "If you don't have any preference, I can come up with something for you, but I always like to ask first."

"Outskirts of the second floor... hmh..." His eyes scanned the various buildings as he passed, checking each sign for one specific shop in particular. Bright lettering above the door of a brick building at the very edge of the town caught his eye, and a smile grew on his face as he read the sign. "There we go! Wild Rose Forge, right where she said it was." He opened the door slowly and poked his head in, examining the surroundings before he entered. It was a cozy looking shop that looked to be well cared for. He closed the door behind him and continued inside. "Hey Lessa? It's Takao!" His voice wasn't excruciatingly loud, just enough to get somebody's attention. He glanced around the shop, looking for the familiar face. His perception of time was unusually terrible lately, but he knew at least a few days had passed since they'd met in the desert. "I came by to ask about that sword."

The brunette scratched her chin thoughtfully and pondered silently for a moment. She hadn't actually thought too much over the sword's design. After a moment of quiet thought, a small smile played onto her lips. "I'd like the sword to be called Volundraesia if that's ok Lessa? And as, for the design, I'm thinking nothing too flashy. Um, maybe a silver sword with runes carved out of the middle of the blade? It'd be cool if you could make the hilt blood red with a dragons head on the pommel? If that's not possible for whatever reason then feel free to take some artistic licence with it." Thorrissia shrugged casually, not overly fussy on how things turned out. She just wanted a weapon that would never let her down in battle, and wasn't too set on what it was going to need to look like. 

The blonde nodded as Thorrissia explained what it was that she wanted. Once the girl had finished, Lessa gave a small smile. "Easy enough, yeah," she replied softly, her mind already whirring over the possible designs. "Since you're a Guardian, and a founding member really, since the guild's rebirth, I'd be happy to make you the sword for free. Maybe you could trade your blade in to the guild storage in return? It is always nice to have weapons to loan out as soon as new players join."

Another voice caught her attention, and when she glanced up, her smile grew. "Takao, hey," she greeted warmly. "Great to see you that you found your way here." Suddenly remembering her manners, Lessa motioned to Thorrissia. "Takao, this is Thorrissia. She's a Guardian, and a fine one at that." Her attention shifted to Takao. "And this is Takao. He kept me company during a quest not too far back."

"Now, Takao." She was all business again as she wiped her dirtied palms on her pants. "Just let me know what you want your sword to be called, what you want it to look like, and what you'd like it to be capable of."

Beatbox wandered the 2nd floor as usual and ran across a forge, which has been something he's been needing for a while he stepped inside and said "Good Evening... what is your price for making or have a perfect straight sword...?" he stood there waiting for a response smiling and looking around the store in amazement because he's always been wanting one but doesn't really have the materials to fully make one... but he waited for a response from the shop owner.

He regarded her with a warm smile and slight tilt of his head as he was greeted. "Sorry it took so long for me to come by." He glanced over at Thorrissia and greeted her with a similar smile. "Nice t'meet ya', Thorrissia." Takao looked to the guild icon that Thorrissia wore, and then to the similar one Lessa sported. "A guardian? Neat! I must not have noticed you were in a guild before."

The topic shifted to business and his smile grew wider. The name was simple enough, the "Inundator". All those pointless lessons in latin weren't so pointless after all! The description of the blade that he gave was lengthy and incredibly thorough, painting a perfect picture of what he'd thought up in his own imagination. He spoke vehemently about the appearance of the blade, a childlike look of excitement having grown on his face. When he'd finally caught himself rambling on he stopped himself and chuckled lightly. "Oh, right! Almost forgot about the most important part. I was hoping it could have two accuracy enhancements and one damage. I hope all that's not too much t'ask for."

The excitement with which Takao described his ideal blade warmed Lessa's heart. It was rare that she found individuals as passionate about weapons as she was, and she could not help but shake her head as he rambled. "No problem at all, Takao," she replied. "I can do that for you." There was a childish glow to the player that she could not quite explain. Perhaps it was merely his age, or simply the way he carried himself. The eagerness, the curiosity, the innocence... it was all strangely appealing to Lessa, and she briefly wondered how much easier this game was for someone with that sort of personality. I will do the best I can while crafting his sword. He deserves that much.

A third figure entered her shop, and Lessa immediately wondered why business was booming the way it was. Her shop had only been re-opened for a couple of days. Had word spread so quickly? "Hello there," she greeted. "The price for a perfect item is either five materials or 1,000 col. Whichever you prefer."

Lessa politely excused herself from her crowded shop entrance. "If you need anything," she informed her customers, "just call back to me. I can hear you. I'm just going to go get a few things together."

With that, she disappeared into the depths of her forge. It was quite warmer back by the raging fire, but with a long list of jobs to finish, she knew she would have to get moving. Scooping up an armful of materials, the blonde scooted to her anvil, and let the heavy items fall across the small table.

"Alright," she breathed. "Here we go."

The first material began to shimmer after only a few strikes of her hammer. She gasped softly, leaning closer to watch the item take form. It was a sword, and while she had hoped that it would become Thorrissia's request, the quality was not what she had hoped for.

{[25022] 7 + 1 = 8. Uncommon item crafted. 3 experience gained.}

Name: The Thorn

Item: Two-Handed Straight Sword

Quality: Uncommon

Shop: Wild Rose Forge [25022]

Enhancements: +1 Damage

Description: A smaller, lighter version of Lessa's Hell Rose. Perfect for beginners.

"I can let people in my guild use this," she mused aloud as she plucked another material from the pile. Again, it only took a few whacks before the iron began to glow. This time, however, the item was not even worth saving. "Hmm." Lessa muttered, frowning slightly. "And I was off to such a good start."

{[25024] 6 + 1 = 7. Good item crafted. 2 experience gained.}

"Let's keep moving," she whispered, hastily grabbing for another hunk of iron. The last thing that she wanted to do was lose her momentum, and dwelling on failed attempts would do just that. I shouldn't get down on myself. That only makes things worse.

{[25026] 8 + 1 = 9. Uncommon item crafted. 3 experience gained.}

Name: The Rose

Item: One-Handed Straight Sword

Quality: Uncommon

Shop: Wild Rose Forge [25026]

Enhancements: +1 Damage

Description: A smaller, one-handed version of Lessa's Hell Rose. Perfect for beginners.

The blonde smiled slightly as she set the newly crafted item aside. It still was not what she was hoping for, but it would also serve a purpose in her new guild. Guardians would absolutely need transition weapons to keep them safe until they could upgrade to their own. With that in mind, Lessa blazed ahead onto the next craft.

{[25028] 9 + 1 = 10. Rare item crafted. 5 experience gained.}

Name: Rose Breastplate

Item: Breastplate

Quality: Rare

Shop: Wild Rose Forge [25028]

Enhancements: +2 Damage Mitigation

Description: A silver breastplate, lined with rose gold.

"Wow," she murmured, leaning closer to inspect her new craft. The Guardians would certainly need armor too, and this would be an excellent starting piece for any player interested in heavy armor. Lessa grinned. I'm shaping up to have quite the little armory. She tossed another material onto the anvil.

{[25028] 2 + 1 = 3. Fail. 1 experience gained.}

"Ouch," she winced. "Okay, maybe not so much." This had been her worst attempt all day, and without missing a beat, she was moving onto the next one. "I'll do one more," she promised herself. The customers were waiting on her. Luckily, Thorrissia would not have to wait much longer.

{[25029] 12. Perfect item crafted. 8 experience gained.}

Name: Volundraesia

Item: One-Handed Straight Sword

Quality: Perfect

Shop: Wild Rose Forge [25029]

Enhancements: +3 Damage

Description: Volundraesia's hilt is stained a deep crimson. A proud dragon's head is etched into the pommel, providing whoever wields the sword immense strength. Runes are carved through the thick, silver blade.

Beatbox had heard what she had told him and he said back "I'll pay in cor... all I want with the sword is maximum damage..." he told her as he paid with his cor. "I don't know about a name... you can name it if you wish..." he said as he patently waited for her to say something back or go to work on the sword he was eagerly patient to see the outcome of the sword. He just took a seat and patently waited for her return or voice to speak about the sword.

Thorrissia went quiet for a moment, considering Lessa's offer as the blonde haired player went to work smashing away at the metal in the back of the forge. She didn't want to give the black smith nothing for her work, especially for such a well crafted sword. I want to give her at least half, even if I am getting a guild discount. The brunette decided with a small smile, feeling extremely relieved with the fact she was actually going to be using a decent weapon now. After a few more SP, she'd have enough to increase her One Handed and then Thorrissia would actually be useful in battle. "Hey Lessa, how about I give you half?" The tawny haired warrior called in through the back of the forge, cupping one palm to her mouth to make the sound carry further. It would be hard to hear her over the noise of the forge. 

Klick walked into the shop hoping he could request a new shield His current one was great, however he just wanted some more Omf to it. As he entered the shop he saw a blond woman. She had a very determined look on her face, one that seemed to not take kindly to problems. Worried that his poor Japanese speech would be one of those problems, he quickly jotted down this order.

Item: Monarchy

Item Type: Gaunlets
Quality: Perfect
Enchantments: 2 Acc 1 bleed

Description: Gold Gaunlets with black fingers and a black plate over the knuckles.

"Half, huh?" Lessa echoed, her voice carrying from the back of the room. When she emerged, she clutched Thorrissia's new weapon, a victorious smile on her lips. "Sure, if you think that's fair. I do appreciate the col." The blonde extended the blade to the other girl. "Here," she urged, " try it out." With her other hand, she pulled up a trade window.

Much to Lessa's surprise, yet another player had entered her shop while she was working. "Hello," she greeted, doing her best to split her attention evenly between all of her customers. "I'll get to all orders in the order they were placed, I promise!"

Thorrissia wrapped her hand around the beautiful hilt of the weapon and eagerly tested out the balance of her new sword, running her other hand along the metal work. "Lessa this is completely fantastic!" The brunette exclaimed in wondrous awe, twirling Volundraesia in few impressive spins. "This sword is brilliant. She's going to serve me well in battle that's for sure." She grinned excitedly at the blacksmith and happily deposited her brand new weapon into her inventory, still felling pretty excited about her new sword. After a few moments, Thorry brought up her menu and sent her new guild leader 500 col. "Thanks Lessa, your swords are fantastic."

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so maybe she'd only just bought stuff from Lessa, but her sword had been so good that when Thorry was looking to pick up some light armour, there was nowhere else she'd rather go to buy it than her guild leader. The young brunette strode rather casually through the door, feeling more at home than her previous visit as she and Lessa were now slightly better acquainted. "Hey Lessa, really sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if I could order a chest plate that would give me , +2 MIT and +1 Thorns? I'm not too familiar with armour enhancements, but yeah, I thought I'd check in with you about it." She shrugged with a small friendly smile, leaning eagerly across the counter top. 

Edited by Thorrissia
  • 4 weeks later...

(( I apologize for my absence. Real life got a bit overwhelming, but I've come across a bit of free-time. If you're still interested in having me make you an item, just let me know via PM. If you've taken your business elsewhere, I completely understand. Thanks. ))

• 6 months later...

Kranzer stood outside of the small brick building with no small degree of uncertainty. Was this the right place? His brown eyes focused upon the sign above the door and it was all the confirmation he needed. This was in fact the Wild Rose Forge. He reached out and opened the door. As he walked in he was mildly impressed with how impeccable the shop was. He could tell just how much effort went into its creation. He could only hope Lessa put as much care into her craft as she did her shop. Regardless a good shop always made for a good first impression.

Hello,” he called out. “If you’re not too busy with other orders I was curious if I could place an order for a dagger? Preferably something that can let me hit for more damage but will also make it a little easier to handle.” A slight smile would grace his lips before he glanced around the shop and marveled at all of the tools that lined the walls.

It had been a very long time since Lessa had visited her shop. A thick layer of dust had settled across all surfaces, and fine particles hung heavy in the air. The still was shattered by the jiggling of the key in the lock, the creak of the heavy door, and the cheery jingle of a long-silent bell. Not long ago, Lessa had invited a young player to her shop. She knew that he would need better gear if he hoped to survive, and in usual Lessa fashion, she had offered up her own skills. If she were to make good on this offer, she would need to light the fires within Wild Rose Forge for the first time in many, many months.

Her timing, it seemed, was perfect. She had only just breathed life back into the place with a quick but thorough scrubbing job, when the door opened once more. There stood Kranzer, the young man she had met only the day before. He's definitely eager, she mused inwardly.

"Hi there," she greeted with a small smile and short wave. "That's no problem at all. If you hang on just a moment, I should have that ready to go pretty quick."

She wasted no more time before ducking back into the warm heart of the forge. The fire crackled loudly, as if to show its excitement at being finally being lit again. The blonde found it difficult not to smile as she collected her materials, as the joy was strangely contagious. It was nice to be back in her element.

Spoiler

51189 CD: 1 (+1) = 2. Fail, lose materials.

51190 CD: 4 (+1) = 5. Fail, lose materials. LD: 10.

51191 CD: 3 (+1) = 4. Fail, lose materials. 

51192 CD: 10 (+1) = 11. Craft a rare item.

51193 CD: 11 (+1) = 12. Craft a perfect item.

Summary: -5 materials. +1 rare item. +1 perfect item.

Finally, she emerged from the belly of the forge, her cheeks smudged with ash, but her smile wide and pure. She queued up her menu. "That'll be five materials for the two items! Just get them to me when you can, alright?"

Edited by Lessa
  • 6 months later...

It seemed that months always passed before Lessa's returns to her shop. But it always lay in wait for her, as if holding its breath. This time, when she returned, she was humming to herself. Of course, there were things that weighed heavy on her mind. And she was more than a little annoyed with Kranzer for not paying for his sword. But there were so many things to be grateful for, as well. Her little shop, even with its fine layer of dust, was one of those things.

It felt good to fill the forge with fire and warmth. It felt right to scoop up an armful of materials that had sat, untouched, for nearly half a year. And when she slowly drew Hammer of Dawn from its peg on the wall, she felt as if no time had passed at all.

"I've missed this," she mused aloud, her voice filling the small, familiar space. And she had.

Uncommon
Rare
Bad*
Bad
Bad
Uncommon

Rolled an 18 on the LD. Recovered mat.

"Hm," she muttered. I'm a bit rusty."

{Lessa loses 5 mats.}

Edited by Lessa