Floor 10 Boss fight question

So, floor 10 has the -1 on ALL dice (according to Zero) ruling.

Is there any way we can get the new enhancement system released BEFORE this? Because I think it's really important to be clear on the rules before going forward. Especially is accuracy is capped at +2.

Also, can that cap be surprassed with consumables? E.G. if I have +2 accuracy on my gear, but I eat a cake that gives me +1 accuracy can I have +3?

Thanks,

I tend to say yes. because from what I understand the cap applies to the max value you can get on 1 item..if a person is crazy enough, he/she can put +2 acc on every equipment and have +6 acc right? 

Also many ppl have +3 acc, myself included. And nobody said a thing to me about max acc being +2 per total.

I tend to say yes. because from what I understand the cap applies to the max value you can get on 1 item..if a person is crazy enough, he/she can put +2 acc on every equipment and have +6 acc right? 

Also many ppl have +3 acc, myself included. And nobody said a thing to me about max acc being +2 per total.

No, caps are equipment wide. All equipment. Read the guide. I'll quote something Raidou said real quick. Raidou's exact words:

The caps on each enhancement are character wide, so you cannot have +2 on multiple pieces of equipment as only the first +2 will come into effect.

That being said, Keith's gear is wrong. He only has +2 Accuracy, not +3, due to having +1 on one equipment, another the same, and the percisan skill thingie.

Okay, the caps are equipement wide, but you can have +3 4 adding skills and stuff, so eating a cake for more acc I think passes. now the final ruling of the a GM/PTS is.....................stay tuned after the commercials.

//the commercials guy got his post deleted..a fair warning for offtopic stuff.

Keep in mind the boss fights are meant to be hard, they are meant to throw these things at you. It's meant to be difficult and put you at a disadvantage

If you have night vision the darkness won't be an issue.

;)

The enhancements for the new crafts will be out soon, before the boss fight fo sure

No, caps are equipment wide. All equipment. Read the guide. I'll quote something Raidou said real quick. Raidou's exact words:

That being said, Keith's gear is wrong. He only has +2 Accuracy, not +3, due to having +1 on one equipment, another the same, and the percisan skill thingie.

That's right and wrong. Though the caps apply character wide, this still applies only if something surpasses the maximum you can reach. As it is possible to have a maximum of +3 on Accuracy, if Keith has +2 on one item and +1 on the other. As long as it stays within cap limits then it's both used. Now if he had +2 Accuracy and +3 Accuracy, then Keith's +3 Accuracy item would be in effect while the other one sits there doing nothing but looking fancy on him.

It's the same with Evasion. If you have a pair of boots that gives +1 Evasion and a Tunic that gives +1 and a helmet that gives +1, then all three apply as you have reached the cap. However, if you have something that has +2 and the rest have +1, then the first +1 and the +2 counts because it goes within the cap limits. Anything that goes over by a point or more is considered void and will provide no advantage.

Do note, that I'm using these for situation reasons. I didn't check if it worked or not, I was just making an example so you can get the idea.

Daeron's information is good and helpful, but just to clear up any possible confusion, I'd like to point at that the current caps for Evasion and Accuracy are currently 2, rather than 3. That being said, it's still useful to note his explanation on how the cap works when it comes to equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm correctly gauging the rules as written. With a lot of planning (and friends), its possible to get up to a maximum of a +8 BD modifier.

+2 - Rare Weapon [Accuracyx2] (or Artisan)

+1 - Rare Food [Herbs]

+2 - Rare Song [Accuracy]

+1 - Rare Fish [strong]

+1 - Familiar [Accurate]

+1 - Skill [Precision]

+8 BD

Mind you this seems as though its a huge investment and many of the bonuses are temporary. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I'm new here. But from what it says in the enhancement guide all consumables ignore caps. So you can only get +2 from equipment. But you can pull +5 from consumables and +1 from the Precision Skill.

In the old cooking profession guide, there was a disclaimer about how temporary buffs could not be stacked with others of the same type, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of limit like that set in the updated version.

Just for clarification, could any GM confirm or disconfirm whether or not one can stack like buffs?

Correct, temporary buffs may not be stacked if they are considered the same type of enhancement being given. This will assure that players can still fail with certain restrictions, which is why the Evasion and Accuracy/Precision system maximum got lowered so the buffs make up for the third one missing. We are trying to balance out the system even further, so until further notice, you may NOT stack buffs of the same type if they are temporary.

Wait, you can stack temporary buffs?

I always thought that you can only consume one consumable at a single it me for a buff, and if you get a second one, your first one becomes invalid. So, now you can have a wide range of temporary buffs, granted it is not the same type?

Well, the whole temporary buff stacking thing has a few strings attached, unless anything's changed. But basically, each profession's buffs may only be used one at a time, and not stacked. So, for example, you can't get the effects of multiple meals from a cook at once by eating three different meals. You also wouldn't be able to stack three alchemy potions, or four, or five, or anything other than one at a time.

But what you can do is stack buffs from different professions, i.e., eat a meal, use a potion and have a performer sing for you. The restriction here is that you still can't stack bonuses of the same sort over each other when doing this. So, for example, no stacking +5 HP from cooks and +5 HP from alchemists.

If I'm correctly gauging the rules as written. With a lot of planning (and friends), its possible to get up to a maximum of a +8 BD modifier.

+2 - Rare Weapon [Accuracyx2] (or Artisan)

+1 - Rare Food [Herbs]

+2 - Rare Song [Accuracy]

+1 - Rare Fish [strong]

+1 - Familiar [Accurate]

+1 - Skill [Precision]

+8 BD

Mind you this seems as though its a huge investment and many of the bonuses are temporary. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I'm new here. But from what it says in the enhancement guide all consumables ignore caps. So you can only get +2 from equipment. But you can pull +5 from consumables and +1 from the Precision Skill.

Food (Cook) and Food (Fish) don't stack.

The familiar rules state that they are equipment, and cannot take you over the equipment bonus. So you COULD stack:

+2 Weapon

+1 Food

+2 Song

+1 Skill

For a total of +6, but a 1 will always miss, so unless you're fighting something with evasion or block, you're wasting something somewhere :)

Title of familiar says they do not count as equipment. And fishing specifically states it stacks with cooking. Not sure if thats the way its supposed to work or just a minor oversight. And in regards to Daeron, yeah its a waste but maybe itll become necessary the higher we climb up Aincrad. :D

Familiar Enhancements (Does not count as equipment)

Name: Fighter

Effect: On every attack, the familiar runs up and attacks the enemy as well. This cannot exceed the +3 dmg limit, as familiar enhancements cannot be stacked with item enhancements

Name: Accurate

Effect: Your familiar has a way of pin-pointing places to hit, whether it be laser eyes or something else. It adds a +1 to your BD.

Name: Treasure Hunter

Effect: Your familiar helps you look for treasure. +1 LD

Name: Spooky Scary

Effect: Removes enemy action for 1 turn afterwards on a roll of 10 because of your familiar's spooky gaze. 

Name: Healer

Effect: Instantly heals you for 5 HP, and can only be used every 10 turns. This takes a turn to use.

See bold. They don't count as equipment when it comes to slots, but they do respect equipment caps.