Has this site done any holiday events? Like what the SAO show did for Christmas. I only ask cause Easter is just around the corner and looking for some motivation to leveling grinding. I was waiting patiently for Moriko to respond to my post, but. I might have to continue on otherwise I won't be able catch up to the frontlines.

Well, we did sort of have a Valentine's event this year, and I know i've seen other holiday-themed events before such as a Halloween one. But in terms of boss fights, there's a sort of monthly boss which the GM's will post about roughly a week or two before they begin. Also, I don't know if Moriko's gonna come back, so I'd highly recommend starting a topic! :P

If you have any legitimate ideas as for holiday events, and don't even mention Nicholas the Renegade, that isn't happening. Then please post it in the Support and Feedback section. If the votes turn out alright it will go into discussion with the staff team where we will debate if it should be a valid event or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we should do a Thanksgiving event. Where we could either have a cooking contest or a quest where players compete to kill the most turkeys within a set time period or chance to earn a rare item through a treasure hunt or something.

But you see, you rarely see turkeys in Japan. And I'm not sure they celebrate some form of Thanksgiving...

Pretty sure SAO is an internationalized game, with bomb-tiss amazing translation software.

I don't just want turkey's, I really want an all-inclusive holiday. In that spirit, I propose we celebrate Festivus!

It's the holiday for the rest of us!

We should also celebrate our literary foundings by celebrating National Poetry Month in April and NanoWriMo in November.

Speaking of holidays in April, we should be mindful that it is also National Pecan Month, and that sounds delicious.

The fourth week in April is also National Karaoke Week, and so I think it's pretty obvious we need to celebrate. I am a very...enthusiastic...singer.

Pretty sure SAO is an internationalized game, with bomb-tiss amazing translation software.

This has been a peeve of mine. it's not an international game. All 10k players are Japanese, and were relocated to japanese hospitals.

I suppose it's possible that one or two people outside of the country managed to get in, but they wouldn't have gotten Kayaba's warning and would likely have been unplugged and fried.

But that's not my call, so I just bite my tongue :P

Well Kayaba did say that the situation was aired on the news and being that 10k people were trapped in the game I'm sure they'd air it across the world. I mean something that serious wouldn't be kept locally in case people ordered the game online. Plus when Gun Gale online was introduced in SAO 2 they did mention it was being used on an American server. So it quite possible.

Well Kayaba did say that the situation was aired on the news and being that 10k people were trapped in the game I'm sure they'd air it across the world. I mean something that serious wouldn't be kept locally in case people ordered the game online. Plus when Gun Gale online was introduced in SAO 2 they did mention it was being used on an American server. So it quite possible.

Several years later, different game, different technology, different company.

Kayaba knew what he was doing. There's a reasonable suspension of disbelief that in Japan this could take place. There's not that someone in, say, Spain, could get their hands one. Also, games are traditionally region locked. You don't play with Japanese players on WoW, they have their own servers.

If you were on the other side of the world, you'd be at a huge disadvantage, because you'd tried to do something and it would take you a second or two to do it.

Besides, how much foreign news do you see on TV?

Fair point. As for the foreign TV I haven't seen much, but if something that could be a world threat isn't kept quite. I mean last year there was talk about a bombing in Britain. Two or three years ago there was the war in Iran. They gave us updates on what was happening. So yeah it could be possible for other nations to hear about this.

This is completely off topic. If you wish to discuss this do it via PMs.

in SAO all participants were Japanese. However in SAO-RPG that is diversified. Many members have European characters IN Japan, myself included. Others do not specific where they are so it is assumed Japan. So it does not strictly adhere to the site.

All further discussion in this thread should pertain to events, if not then I will lock it due to spam.

-Mari