[pp-F9] <<Guardian of Fire>> (Meokka, Jomei, Ssendom)

Guest Meokka

Guest Meokka

Meokka walked the streets of Vulcan. She loved the iron work of this place. It was like being back at her forge. She went over to the quest board and looked at it. She had been eyeing up this quest for awhile, but wasn't sure she could handle it. She had more faith in herself now, but didn't want to do it alone. She opened up her HUD and posted she wanted to look for a party for this quest.

-Location, Vulcan, Request from Meokka. Searing for a party to complete Guardian of Fire. First come first serve. -

A notification went around the world map. She sat down and knew this would be a long trek, but well worth it in terms of skill points and experience. She eagerly awaited for the first two people to contact her and arrive to aid her on the quest.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jomei sat in his usual spot on his first floor shop, hoping someone would come by. Everything he was looking at was upside-down, for he was laying with his head and shoulders hanging over the edge of his balcony inside the place. He thought about messaging a friend to come by so they could do something, but decided he needed a bit more excitement in his life. He was looking through his Hud at different players asking for help on different quests. He came across one and stopped. "Hm.. Floor 9, Meokka huh.." He remembered his trip to that floor for a gig playing in a pub, and he remembers Ahti talking about 'supposed' fire breathing 'badass' monsters up there, so he figured he'd give it a shot. He threw his legs backwards, causing him to do a flip off of the balcony. He locked up his shop and made his way to the Warp Gate.

"Warp Floor Nine!"

With a flash of blue light, Jomei found himself in the familiar town of Vulcan. How could he forget about Vulcan and this heat. He situated himself to better deal with it by removing his scarf, unbuttoning the top button of his shirt, and rolling up the sleeves to his jacket. He looked around his position. "Alright.. now to find this Meokka" He walked to the quest board, where he saw a girl sitting there, she seemed to be waiting for people to arrive. Must be her. 

"Excuse me lass, would you be Meokka?" He said in with a friendly smile and his typical Irish accent.

Skylar was in the Forest of Mist, doing the usual Minotaur slaying. He wanted to make sure he became strong enough for the next floor boss fight. The floor bosses became strong and Skylar had to grow to keep up. Rumor of a monster named Mari was slaying bosses offhandedly like flies, made Skylar competitive. With the way the rumors of this Mari was spreading, it was like wild fire. Skylar even heard she hit the 10th floor boss so hard the 11th floor boss was already damaged when they got there. The boss was even said to have nine heads, Skylar shuddered at the thought. *beep* "So Jomei accepted a quest again huh." Skylar made it his business to watch after his personal friend. "Come on Rutta we have to go keep Jomei alive again." Skylar headed to the warp panel in Delilah Village.

"Floor 9 too Vulcan village"

The warp started up and Skylar Teleported. Looking around the village for the first time, he stood by the the warp pad wondering where to go.

Guest Meokka

She saluted to the red head and looked up at his name.

"That's me. Hello Jomei The name is Meokka. I was looking for some helping killing hell hounds and a floor boss. Do you think you're up to the challenge?" She never met this person before. She was a little leery about fighting with new people but it couldn't be helped. It was then she noticed someone else had accepted her invitation. "Guess you're not the only one here, there's a person named Skylar who accepted my search." She sent him an invite to the party so they could find each other. Then she sent Jomei an invite as well. "Do you know your way around? I have a map. It looks like it'll take us a day to get to our destination. It'll be rough. Are you ready?" She hoped she could depend on this Casanova. He seemed to have a certain flair and charm about him. Meokka was slowly becoming more aware of such things. She'd have to thank Sen later, or maybe that'd be a bad idea. She hoped he was doing well.

He shifted his weight a bit and crossed his arms. With a slight nod of his head left and right and a look of wonder on his face, "Hm.. I suppose I should be." He smirked at the girl to let her know he was teasing, and that he was not gonna back down from this challenge. "In that case, its a pleasure to meet you Meokka. Hm.. I know my way around the city.. Haven't done much exploring outside of these walls yet." He looked around, he really was not too familiar with what is to be expected on the outskirts of town, let alone in the lair of the floor boss. But after taking out a number of the bosses on the lower levels, he was pretty prepared for this one. 

He grinned when she mentioned his friends name. He was the one that helped him get started and all, so it was good to go on another quest with him. "Hah, Skylar huh. In that case, we should be pretty solid with this team." The data box prompting him to accept the party invite from Meokka popped up in front of him, and he did not hesitate to accept it. He found a wall to lean up against near his new party member to wait with her for their third to arrive. 

Skylar looked around the floor until he spotted a familiar face. "Well...Well...Well... It would be Jomei taking on another boss. Hello Meokka" Skylar actually looked at the girl more. Skylar did not really talk to her back then but this time he would have to work with her. He looked her up and down to check if she would be alright. She looks stronger than Jomei so Skylar assumed she could handle herself pretty well. {I really have to make sure I bring her back alive. If not Ariel will kick my behind, then kill me.}

"So what is the happs? Killing monster, finding the lost city of Atlantis, running from zombies?" It was exciting, nothing filled Skylar with more excitement the running around on an adventure. "We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship. Soaring thru the skies!" Skylar started singing to himself and made airplane motions with his hand.

Guest Meokka

SHe nodded to the red head listening to him. "I'll do my best to protect you then." she said with authority.She wondered what he could bring to the table.  She just stared at him then noticed the guild he was in! She saluted Skylar. "Hey there, we're in the same guild. Oh you two know each other." she started to lead the way out. "It'll take a day for us to get there. I hope you guys brought something to keep cool." she stated. "Did you guys see what it is we had to fight?" she asked curious.

He gave her a light smirk and tapped his hand on the handle of his rapier, each tap making a clank noise. "And Ill make sure to do the same for you." He knew she was stronger, maybe not by much, but he could tell she had more experience under her belt. But like hell if he was going to let someone's level determine if he was going to make sure they don't die.

"Well, Skylar, I couldn't let you have all the fun now could I." He gave his friend a grin. 

The two began to talk about how they were in the same guild. "Oi, Skylar, I didnt know you were in a guild." He was not one to care for guilds, he definitely did not consider himself a solo player, but he did not see much point in joining a guild. He was still interested in his friend's life anyway.

"I think I've heard about this boss." Jomei scratched at the hair on his chin. "Well, like you said, were going to fight a bunch of hell hounds..right? After that Im pretty sure its one of those huge, three headed dogs... a Cerberus, right?" 

Skylar smiled watching Jomei's facial expression. He seemed apprehensive at the thought of being protected by a girl. Skylar had to give Jomei credit for always being a brave one. At the mention of his guild Skylar thought for an answer. The entire time he has known Jomei not once did he mention the fact he was in a guild that he could remember. "My bad man. I guess I just plum forgot to mention it." Normally he was great for mention news, So maybe Skylar did but just did not remember.

"And yes from what I know of this quest. It maybe the most challenging we have done Jomei. Which actually makes me want to pet it." The fact that this was dangerous made Skylar very excited. Like the fact that he lived by a Volcano in real life, very beautiful and deadly.

Guest Meokka

She smiled at Jomei. She nodded to him respectfully. "I count on you doing just that." She liked his attitude. She could trust and back people who were as passionate about protecting her as she was protecting them. It was nice to know he was no coward. She looked to Skylar.  "Try to only pet the hound if it's paralyzed please." she wouldn't ruin his fun but felt he should at least be a little safe about it. "I wonder if you could doing the <<Feeding the Enemy>> quest and get a Hell Pup. That'd be interesting wouldn't you think?" she asked as they went on their way. "Dessert is pretty hot today, we been warned the place is also hot where we are going. I hope everyone is prepared."

(We arrive at destination on Skylar's turn) 

Jomei turned his gaze to Skylar, one of his eyebrows raised."You have a weird way of seeing mobs, lad." He laughed. "Remember how you treated those giant worms on Floor Five?" He extended his arms as a gesture for big, "You decided to ride them like a horse, while Lowenthal and I struggled to take out one of them." He laughed again placing his hands behind his head. He turned to Meokka when she mentioned taming one. Maybe these are the mob's Ahti mentioned she wanted to tame.. He saw an image of Ahti,  laughing her signature laugh, flames around her coming from the mouth of one of these Hells Hounds. He shook his head. Boy, that'd be scary.. 

"I think I heard somewhere that it has to be quite small... like the size of a small dog at the most.. So maybe a pup can be tamed." He grinned. "That'd be pretty awesome though." He really began to feel the heat now. The desert sun of the Fifth Floor was nothing compared to this heat. Beads of sweat collected on his forehead. He ran his hand over his forehead, pushing his bangs back and out of his face, and wiping off the sweat. "Jeez.. can't imagine anything hotter than this but the face of the sun."

Guest Meokka

(It's be awhile so I'll post now)

They had walked walked a full day and when night came that's when they sat down to rest. "I haven't seen scorpion mobs at all lately." she looked up at the stars. "Only one more night of this and we'll be there." she nodded. She was surprised how bitter cold it was tonight. She rubbed her arms. Not a stick in sight to use as a fire. "This place is a proverbial death trap." she huffed a bit. Upon saying that the dark night seemed illuminate. She also felt a great deal warmer. There was a loud roar that had her on her feet in mere moments!

19927 6

As the flaming lion rushed at them Meokka met it stopping it's charge with an attack of her own with her lance. "Take this! BOYS WAKE UP WE HAVE COMPANY!" she shouted.

hate 0 Meokka hp48/48

Hate 0 Jomei HP

Hate 0 Skylar HP

Flame Leo: 18/24 -6

7e36a551f3f6b32754cc315c7e08a173.jpg

After walking for the full day, the group decided it was time to take a rest. "Aye, thats a good idea." The group sat down on the sand that was getting cooler by the minute with the setting sun. "Its gonna get really cold really fast..." The group spoke about who would take the first night watch, and Meokka had decided that she would do it. Jomei laid back in the sand, his arms behind his head. The cold was not bothering him too much, it was a nice change from the scorching hot weather they endured to get this far. His eye lids began to feel heavy as they slowly closed. Suddenly, he felt a slight warmth. He smiled, it was comforting. As it got hotter however, it was accompanied by a loud roar. Jomei's eyes jolted open and he quickly sat up to see what was going on. "Wha-What is it?!" He looked towards the flaming ball of fire that was approaching them. Once it was close enough, Jomei made out the shape of a lion. "Heh, well aren't you an interesting one." Meokka quickly intercepted its charge with her lance, stopping it in its tracks. 

Jomei took this as an opportunity to try to attack the beast. He quickly stood up as fast as he could and took a step to attack the beast. His foot sunk into the sand and he stumbled, falling to his knee. "Gahah... My.. f***ing leg fell asleep..From sleeping in a strange position, Jomei's leg was numb, and standing up quickly didnt help it. He got back to his feet, shaking his leg awake, but he lost his opportunity to attack. 

ID: 19928

BD: 1

hate 0 Meokka HP 48/48

Hate 0 Jomei HP 40/40

Hate 0 Skylar HP 

Flame Leo: 18/24 

Guest Meokka

(Should I enforce 24 hour post rule on this?)

20686 4

The Flame Leo gave a mighty roar as it found Jomei's attempts rahter humorous. Perhapes it believed the man to be it's jester because it turned to the woman with blue hair and charged at her. Though to it's dismay the woman vanished. It slowed to a stop and sniffed at the air. Then turned around. There the woman was. She was now standing behind the man who had made him chuckle. The lion gave a low growl and bowed it's head threatening at the two of them.

Guest Meokka

20687 5 +1 concentration

She peered from around Jomei. She had gotten there by leaping out of the way and quickly moved behind him in a surprised flight for her life. She wasn't use to seeing a lion at all and it threw her off her game. Mostly because it was almost her turn to sleep just now. She took a deep breath through her nose and then ran towards the lion. Her eyes went out of focus for a moment and she saw double. No, she must stay awake! She knew her body was laying in a hospital bed and it would be so easy to just fall and sleep, but she had to stay awake! Her eyes glowed purple as her concentration skill activated and she pierced the lion. "Jomei please switch with me now!"

hate 0 Meokka HP 48/48 0/5 concentration cool down 

Hate 0 Jomei HP 40/40

Hate 0 Skylar HP 

Flame Leo: 12/24 -6

Jomei watched as the two exchanged their first blows, the lion missing its attack because of Meokka's speedy jump. He heard the sound of something landing in the sand behind him to see that Meokka had jumped over the lion, as well as him, and landed there. He looked over his shoulder at her, something seemed a little off. {She looks tired.. maybe I should have taken the first watch} 

Before he could tell her to try and take it easy, she took off running with her spear at the ready. With each step she took, she seemed to be trying to keep herself focused, for her upper body would weave back and forth while running. Before she even made her attack on the beast Jomei took off running to follow her, slowing his speed so he could keep close to her in case of anything. 

Her spear pierced through the lion, and she asked Jomei to switch with her and land his attack. He was way ahead of her on this, for as she turned to shout to him, he had already sidestepped to pass by the blue haired girl and strike with his rapier. As he approached the enemy, he dug his foot deep into the sand and lowered his center of gravity. He then thrusted his body forward, sword first. He flew straight past the lion, leaving a large red gash along its side. He brought his feet down to the ground and skid to a stop in the sand. Upon stopping, he span his sword in his hand and turned to look at his comrade and enemy. He looked to Meokka and smirked, "Alright, we got this one. Finish him off!"

ID: 20775

BD: 7(+2)

DMG: 7

hate 1 Meokka HP 48/48 0/5 concentration cool down 

Hate 1 Jomei HP 40/40

Hate 0 Skylar HP 

Flame Leo: 5/24 -7

Guest Meokka

20915 10

The lion shook it's head and raised it's proud head. It gave a loud howl. The sands around them glowed like that of lava. Meokka took a step black then looked up at the lion' blood red eyes. Then down at it's glowing black claws. It rushed at Jomei. "LOOK OUT!" Meokka screamed. But it was far too late as the area around them gave a sudden white flash from the heat. Pyres of fire went up around them and Meokka looked over to her team mate who got hit with a critical hit. Shen then looked around for the lion that was now behind her.

hate 1 Meokka HP 48/48 0/5 concentration cool down 

Hate 1 Jomei HP 37/40

Hate 0 Skylar HP 

Flame Leo: 5/24 

Guest Meokka

20916 9 loot die 4 + 4 8

She felt a strong pulse and it was as if time stood still. She quickly twirled her lance to face behind herself and she ducked. She held her breath as a shadow under her grew darker. She heard a loud growl and the lion jumped onto her or tried to not seeing the lance. A lance that plused with a purple dark paralyzing energy. There was a loud cry as it writhed from suddenly impaling itself on the long lance. Then there was a loud bang as it exploded into blue fragments. She looked up to Jomei then sheathed her lance. She turned around and picked up a material it dropped. "If you wanted to rest off the damage you just took be my guest." she stretched feeling a bit tired herself now.

Jomei could only watch the horror through wide eyes as a fire rose up from under him, engulfing him in flames. He let out a loud grunt as the flames began to hurt him, but lucky for him it was not fatal. Jomei quickly dove back out of the fire pyre onto the sand, revealing that some of his jacket and pants had small fires on them. He quickly patted out the flames and got back up to his feet. By the time he had turned around, he saw the lion leaping to attack Meokka. She quickly spun her lance around and impaled the beast, finishing it off. He let out a sigh of relief as he sheathed his blade.

"If you wanted to rest off the damage you just took be my guest."

Jomei shook his head, "Im fine, its just a flesh wound," he pat his arm with his hand indicating where his shirt had caught fire. "I know you didnt take any damage, but you look like you could use some rest yourself." He turned around to look at the rolling sand dunes to make sure there were no other mobs coming their way, "Be my guest if you wish, I don't mind keeping watch." He stood with his arms crossed, his coat gently flowing in the breeze.

Jomei: +1 HP Out of Battle (38/40)

Meokka: Concentration Cool Down: 1/5

Guest Meokka

Meokka went back over to where Skylar was still sleeping. She sat down by him and flopped on her back. "I'll just rest enough to get my skills and Hp back up. If that's okay with you. Wake me up when  you wish it to be my turn to take watch. Don't worry about waking me either. You have to be on your best game." She tried to coax him. She put her back to Skylar and just tried to sleep. Which didn't take her long. In the real world she was already laying in a hospital bed sleep could come easily as soon as she closed her eyes. "Don't forget to wake me up." she whispered in the night and just drifted off into the dark abyss of sleep.